GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a theory.

In the very beginning, it seemed like LE knew something had happened to her because of the rapid response searching for her. Some of us thought maybe the house looked like it got broken into or something else caused alarm. So maybe that letter was actually left in the home and the letter from her is what may have caused all the early alarm bells to go off.

If we assume she left this letter at the home and that is what triggered the searching to begin, would that tell us anything different than we know today?

Im wondering why the details of the letter is being kept so secret. It seems it could help the public to help find her if all info about the letter was known.

Im still wondering if she was maybe forced into writing it or not. If she left voluntarily you would think she would take a lot of clothes and other things.

I am also of the belief that the initial response was not "normal". We have lots of kids go missing that LE does nothing about for a few days. Something made them realize immediately that this was more than a kid running away to a friends house to hide out for the weekend.

Just a theory.

In the very beginning, it seemed like LE knew something had happened to her because of the rapid response searching for her. Some of us thought maybe the house looked like it got broken into or something else caused alarm. So maybe that letter was actually left in the home and the letter from her is what may have caused all the early alarm bells to go off.

If we assume she left this letter at the home and that is what triggered the searching to begin, would that tell us anything different than we know today?

Im wondering why the details of the letter is being kept so secret. It seems it could help the public to help find her if all info about the letter was known.

Im still wondering if she was maybe forced into writing it or not. If she left voluntarily you would think she would take a lot of clothes and other things.

Any theory is fair game at this point, Hatfield. Personally, though, I can't see LE and ZH conspiring to keep the letter a secret until November (and concocting the P.O. box story) if it was left in the home on October 9th. I am, however, of the thought that something significant set LE's response in motion. And, this is one of many things that leads me to believe that Abby never ran away.

Where are you, Abby?

I cannot imagine LE would come out and tell the public the date the letter was stamped, which would be a full-on lie if it was left in the home that day. I think they omit pieces, but never give details that are knowingly false... Not knocking you though, MJJ, thinking outside the box is NEVER to be knocked! :)

I do not think Abby ran away. Coerced away, possible, but still not so in my mind. I will always and forever think she hopped into a car with somebody she thought was safe. She may have planned to meet this person or not. She may have simply been walking home enjoying that beautiful fall day and somebody pulled up and said, "Hey Abby, hop in I'll give you a ride!" or "Hey Abby, I'm going to ____, want to come along?" I'm still not convinced this is even a stranger abduction situation.

I am convinced that if Abby could leave of her own free will she'd have written again, or called, or something. She is what appears in all instances (to me anyway), a caring and thoughtful young lady, intelligent, mature and with a strong faith base, too. From what we know of her, I cannot imagine this young lady would simply leave her family behind in this pain, never to be heard from again. Nevermind two pets. I know that sounds crazy, but I'm positive my kids would rather go a few days without seeing me than they would our pets!

I am also of the belief that the initial response was not "normal". We have lots of kids go missing that LE does nothing about for a few days. Something made them realize immediately that this was more than a kid running away to a friends house to hide out for the weekend.

I said early on that I think LE has her shoulder bag. We never heard anything about it really. Mission For The Missing described it and how the purse was inside it. But I think they got that info from the Mom.

"We are looking for clues, said Tate. She had a shoulder bag, a second bag inside the shoulder bag, an iPhone, a silver colored necklace with a heart shaped pendant and a blue stone."
http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index...am-searches-for-abby-but-nothing-useful-found

Initially LE said that her phone was "missing".
"We also learned today that Abby’s cell phone is missing. Police are asking all local businesses to keep their eyes open and check their lost and found departments to see if it turns up anywhere."
http://courtjunkie.com/new-timeline-case-missing-abigail-hernandez/

At the PC of 12/6 LE finally released pictures of the purse and necklace. And still no mention of the shoulder bag.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/abigail-hernandez/view

So what if,,, they found the shoulder bag stuffed under a bush during their earliest search with SP dogs? She could have grabbed the purse out of it with her phone and gone off trying to look 'more grown up' without the books, etc. Such a find might trigger an all out response but still not indicate voluntary or involuntary?

I confuse easily, we all know that by now, right? HAHAHA :) KIDS! I will forever blame it on the kids, or the animals… just not age.

I said early on that I think LE has her shoulder bag. We never heard anything about it really. Mission For The Missing described it and how the purse was inside it. But I think they got that info from the Mom.

"We are looking for clues, said Tate. She had a shoulder bag, a second bag inside the shoulder bag, an iPhone, a silver colored necklace with a heart shaped pendant and a blue stone."
http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index...am-searches-for-abby-but-nothing-useful-found

Initially LE said that her phone was "missing".
"We also learned today that Abby’s cell phone is missing. Police are asking all local businesses to keep their eyes open and check their lost and found departments to see if it turns up anywhere."
http://courtjunkie.com/new-timeline-case-missing-abigail-hernandez/

At the PC of 12/6 LE finally released pictures of the purse and necklace. And still no mention of the shoulder bag.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/abigail-hernandez/view

So what if,,, they found the shoulder bag stuffed under a bush during their earliest search with SP dogs? She could have grabbed the purse out of it with her phone and gone off trying to look 'more grown up' without the books, etc. Such a find might trigger an all out response but still not indicate voluntary or involuntary?

All very convincing points here….

but why not ask people to look for the white bag in trash cans, too? Nothing makes sense. Nothing.

but why not ask people to look for the white bag in trash cans, too? Nothing makes sense. Nothing.

You know I never gave it much thought but you are right. LE doesn't normally go looking for a teen that is missing with a full blown search, there had to be something they found or something Abby left behind, and if she had runaway they would not have searched like they did. I had a niece that was living with me long story and she took off and it was the most awful thing and there was nothing that I could do besides go to the police, but their attitude was like she will be back in a few days but if she doesn't want to stay with you there is nothing we can do, she ended up staying at the homeless shelter for teens finally got her act together and back home. I feel you are right. I just pray that this young girl alive and whoever has her will let her go. I do not feel she left on her own freewill. Have they checked out all the registered sex offenders in the state of New Hampshire, even if they do not live in that area they should be checked out IMO. I pray that Abby will return home safe.

I just read a moving letter on the BAH FB page. It was posted by CJ on January 31. No new info but it's beautifully heartfelt.

LOL My questions right from the beginning.

Abby is missing
No mention of the shoulder bag
The phone is "missing"
She might still have the purse?

Why? How do we know the phone and purse are not together? Why not ask people to look for all 3 of those items? Could the phone and purse both be at the bottom of the river?

For some reason LE thinks it more likely that she kept the purse with her and they do NOT think it likely that she is carrying the shoulder bag.

I just read a moving letter on the BAH FB page. It was posted by CJ on January 31. No new info but it's beautifully heartfelt.

That was a lovely statement. I hope more people start expressing their feelings about this very sad case.

Just saw this come through… Not Abby related, but Abby related as a set of remains found during her search have been identified. http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/Remains-those-of-N-Conway-man-missing-since-06-5201149.php

MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Authorities in New Hampshire say human remains found during the search for a missing teenager in October are those of a North Conway man who disappeared in 2006.

That took a long time to identify. F&G suspected it was John Sweeney when they first found the remains.
http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index...9521-too-soon-to-say-skull-belongs-to-sweeney

There apparently wasn't much of a search when he first went missing;
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...nal.com/node/649768+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

My condolences to the Sweeney family.

I cannot imagine LE would come out and tell the public the date the letter was stamped, which would be a full-on lie if it was left in the home that day. I think they omit pieces, but never give details that are knowingly false... Not knocking you though, MJJ, thinking outside the box is NEVER to be knocked! :)

....snipped......

Thanks everyone for pointing out about the stamp date that they must have mentioned as I didnt realize they had said that.

We can throw out the letter left in home theory.

I agree with others that something caused them to search immediately for her. I am perplexed as to what caused such a reaction. Glad LE did look for her immediately but curious what made LE so convinced something bad happened to her.

I do wish we could be told what city and state the letter was postmarked at if they know it.

They were alerted so close to the time it seems she disappeared… if only there were an alert system for kids who aren't SEEN disappearing. :(

I still think about Abby often. Embarrassingly, I had a websleuths-based dream last night about this case... in it I "saw" what happened to Abby (note: I place no stock in dream visions, psychics, etc, just sharing how real it felt!) and then spent the next dream-hour or so obsessing over how to word this revelation in a comment. I assume I woke up before I could post it. Sorry y'all. :)

No real contribution, obviously. Just checking in after reading that heartfelt note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member