GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate everything you said about this case but I am not buying it. This case for the amount of publicity it has received has been way too quiet. I don't know of any case that has been this quiet. I think there is a lot bigger picture to this story than the public is being told. I honestly believe what I read and posted on here a couple of months back as a strong possibility. I understand protecting evidence but this case is just way too quiet. It is obvious that sharing her picture hasn't helped or at least we don't know because the LE is not telling the public anything. I really don't care what was in the contents of the letter but they could at least let us know if they have had significant leads, if she has been spotted etc.....but they have not told us anything and that is really not normal.

I know we're all feeling frustrated. Like others, I check the board daily and hope to see that she's been found only to be disappointed. But I want to address a few things. IMO, she didn't run but I don't believe it does any good to shut that out as a theory. Even LE has said nothing is off the table and that they are considering all possibilities, including potentially running away. They have also said there is no history of running away. If there had been no letter from Abby, I highly doubt anyone would have concluded she ran away. Thing is, even if she ran away she's not safe. The premise that if a teen runs away she doesn't want to be found and therefore people should just let her do what she wants is wrong. Teens also want to stay up all night, eat ice cream and candy all day, not do their homework and date the wrong people, but just because they want to do these things doesn't mean they are making good decisions, healthy or even safe. I don't mean to offend, but this girl doesn't appear very sophisticated and street smart, which is why I don't believe she ran away or didn't intend to be home that night.
As for LE not releasing everything? At the beginning I felt they should release everything, to heck with protecting the evidence I wanted this child found and home. But if Abby isn't alive I agree with protecting evidence so they can fully prosecute the person who hurt her since that may be the only justice in that scenario. We all operate with the assumption that she is still alive, but just as it's possible she ran away it's equally possible someone took her life that day and the only way to achieve any justice for her would be to put that person behind bars, so I say protect that evidence. I'm sorry to have to put that out there, since I do know that the people from BAH read, but it is a possibility and one that needs to be considered so we can understand why it's important to protect a potential investigation and prosecution.

Agree with you Mom24. We will not lose HOPE, but God forbid the worst posible scenario, the next page we make will be 'Justice for Abby'.
Austin Reeed Sig. pled guilty to abducting and killing Jessica Ridgeway because of the mountain of evidence they had that the public never knew about.
Letting the public know what LE knows also lets the perp know and he can then make changes to further avoid being found.
MOO

It's been a tough week on Websleuths. Several of the missing people have been found deceased.... two drowned, another (Amy Ahonen's remains) found in more than one place, arrests made in two cases without bodies (Heather Elvis, Holly Bobo). So very sad.

I really hope that Abby is the exception here, and she is found safe. So many who followed this case are no longer here (on WS not HERE as in "with us" ...!!). I miss the insights from TakeItFromMe and others. The Bring Abby Home FB is doing a great job of keeping her face out there. We don't know if it is helping or not... but can't see it hurting. They are keeping hope alive ~ and really, without hope what do you have?

It's been a tough week on Websleuths. Several of the missing people have been found deceased.... two drowned, another (Amy Ahonen's remains) found in more than one place, arrests made in two cases without bodies (Heather Elvis, Holly Bobo). So very sad.

I really hope that Abby is the exception here, and she is found safe. So many who followed this case are no longer here (on WS not HERE as in "with us" ...!!). I miss the insights from TakeItFromMe and others. The Bring Abby Home FB is doing a great job of keeping her face out there. We don't know if it is helping or not... but can't see it hurting. They are keeping hope alive ~ and really, without hope what do you have?

Yes, a tough week. It's harder than ever to keep up the hope in this case--so very hard--but keeping her name out there surely can't hurt anyone.

I appreciate everything you said about this case but I am not buying it. This case for the amount of publicity it has received has been way too quiet. I don't know of any case that has been this quiet. I think there is a lot bigger picture to this story than the public is being told. I honestly believe what I read and posted on here a couple of months back as a strong possibility. I understand protecting evidence but this case is just way too quiet. It is obvious that sharing her picture hasn't helped or at least we don't know because the LE is not telling the public anything. I really don't care what was in the contents of the letter but they could at least let us know if they have had significant leads, if she has been spotted etc.....but they have not told us anything and that is really not normal.

I wish we would get some kind of update on Abby too! Hope all is well with your sister Jade!

I still check in every day, and always will. There is just nothing to add, that hasn't been said over and over. It has been a tough week on WS, I must say once or twice I got a feeling like news of Abby would be next, but that didn't happen.

Where is Abby!?

What people? Based on what? Are there any LE or MSM statements referring to this theory as a plausible factor or is it just rumor and willd speculation? He has a FB, has written leters, etc., but he's not the custodial parent.

The custodial parent is Zenya Hernandez who has been very vocal, who has worked very hard, puting herself out there, even when it's unncomfortable, Interviewing, press conferences, vigils, videos, etc.

But because the non-custodial parent is more quiet and in the background then people think it's a big game? Really?

For me - I am going to forget the Dad and support the efforts of Mom and the BAH, MHFAH, Hands of Hope Bringabbyhome.com and FBI, etc.

Rumor and fabrication about conspiricy theories hurt Abby's case and erode HOPE.
IMO

http://www.bringabbyhome.com/
https://www.facebook.com/HandsOfHopeForAbby?filter=2
https://www.facebook.com/bringabbyhome
https://www.facebook.com/Help.Find.Abigail.Hernandez
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/abigail-hernandez/view

Yes… yes! Support the efforts we SEE onMSM, public FB, etc.

I live up here. Just going on what I see posted under articles and on Facebook and other social media sites.

Understood, but comments posted on news articles and social media are considered rumor unless they are official pages and then links to direct people are required. Otherwise it is rumor and is not allowed On WebSleuths as I understand the rules.

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Agree with you Mom24. We will not lose HOPE, but God forbid the worst posible scenario, the next page we make will be 'Justice for Abby'.
Austin Reeed Sig. pled guilty to abducting and killing Jessica Ridgeway because of the mountain of evidence they had that the public never knew about.
Letting the public know what LE knows also lets the perp know and he can then make changes to further avoid being found.
MOO

When I said the LE not communicating I meant why can't they tell us if they have had any calls of Abby being spotted, or we have had some good leads that we are currently following up on. That would not give the case away and would give people hope that something is being done. We don't know if they have gotten anything on Abigail it is like she vanished into thin air. There ways they could communicate to the public without giving evidence away and that is what bothers me.

I didn't intend to start a debate and get people fired up. My basic point was the lack of transparency caused locals to speculate and decide this case isn't worth their time. People don't feel threatened. They don't feel there is a predator or killer out there. They think Abby ran away.

I didn't intend to start a debate and get people fired up. My basic point was the lack of transparency caused locals to speculate and decide this case isn't worth their time. People don't feel threatened. They don't feel there is a predator or killer out there. They think Abby ran away.

RBBM:
The lack of transparency has a purpose in an investigation like this. I will only reiterate what AAG Jane Young said about giving out more info;

"There is a team of us working on this and we, as a team, have decided not to give a lot more detail at this time because doing so could jeopardize the investigation,” Young said. “Our concerns for this girl continue, we are very concerned about her whereabouts.”

It's as active an investigation as it was from the start;

“They are out there, following leads, as dogged as ever, in some cases, they are more dogged than ever,” Senior Associate Attorney General Jane Young said. “This is still a very active investigation.”

Wanting more than they are willing to give - I want it too, but I feel like it's only to satisfy my own curious mind. That's just me.

If the locals think she ran away do they think she should be left alone?

"Though it was possible the teen left on her own, Ramsey said the investigators' "worst fear" was that someone was now "coercing" or "manipulating" her."
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ndez-mom-letter-authorities-article-1.1540020

"Ramsey noted that one of eight endangered runaways ends up being sexually exploited"
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/06/new-details-expected-in-search-for-missing-nh-teenager/

If she ran away, aren't these possible factors that make it more urgent to find her?

I don't for one minute think that the locals in the Greater Conway area think that this is not worth their time - that a young girl who MAY have left willingly may NOW be the 1 in 8 who are sexually exploited, trafficked, coerced, manipulated or worse.

I think the rumors, comments and bashing of LE and Mom expressed on the news and SM sites come mostly from the few heartless, selfish minded cowards who hide behind Disqus pseudonyms.

I have seen the efforts of the people up there who are caring, compassionate, concerned and genuine in their outpouring of support. I think those are the majority. The ones who matter.

:modstop:

Folks: do not speculate about the parents period! We are a victim and family friendly forum. Also do not post rumors or discuss rumors in general.

Tomorrow is 5 months since Abby went missing, and we have not had a peep from LE since early December. We are all frustrated that is clear but please remember TOS. I do not mean to be snippy at all but repeating local rumour read on facebook, even if you do not believe it is not being helpful, and is it not against TOS? And RH's facebook, as stele quoted, ZH stated in MSM that the writing was RH, the photos belonged to RH, she believed it to be RH, saying ZH may have created it to 'play both sides' is basically calling ZH a liar, and that is unfair IMO.

Again I do not mean to be snippy this is just MOO

ETA: Ah thank you nurse, please remove my post if necessary!

If we are frustrated, imagine Abby's family. All it takes is one person seeing something odd, one person coming forward. For all we know, an arrest could be imminent.

I have never felt that RH was in any way the reason for LE and other's quick involvement. Clearly he was not very much a part of her day to day life.

It's a beautiful day in New Hampshire. Sunshine and we may hit high 40s. I hope Abby comes home today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500