Madeleine McCann General Discussion Thread No. 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
daffodil wrote: "Yet no evidence to charge them".

REPLY: There's plenty, if you look at the Portuguese police files, now opened, and at Goncalo Amaral's book.

Much of it only circumstantial, since the McCanns and their friends removed and hid Madeleine's body. IMO.

The decisions to force Amaral off the enquiry and then to close down this invesigation were political decisions, not police or judicial decisions.

Quite clearly so, since the British Prime Minister, the Portuguese Prime Minister and the Portuguese President of the European Union, Barroso, admitted on the public record discussing the Madeleine McCann case at the Lisbon summit in October 2007.

No doubt it was there that a political deal was done over the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Levy says to 24horas:

- The 24 pics exist
- He has already seen some of them
- The pics were taken by a tourist on vacations with his wife and another couple
- The pics were made between 20h10 and 22h15 at Tapas Bar
- The pics show in the background the MCs and the British friends on vacation with them
- In one of the images would be possible to see that Kate McCann changed clothes during dinner time
(24horas recalls that: the group’s version of events stated that K just left the table around 22h00 when she went to the apt and noticed Maddie’s disappearance; that when G was made arguido he stated not to have taken a camera and not to remember if anyone else did and also that he did not remember what K was wearing that day)
- The owner of the pics would have had already contacts with British newspapers in order to sell the publishing rights. However he puts a condition to it: the pics must be shown to the Portuguese police.
- The tourist has sent the pics to the British centre of protection of children that cooperated with the Portuguese authorities in collecting information on the case
- After the tourist made that contact an important law firm from the UK got in touch with him and offered 600,000euros for all of the pictures - “The lawyers wanted him not to talk about the content of the pics and not to send them to Portugal, for that reason the deal was not done”

(24horas recalls that during the process the investigators insistently tried to find images that portrayed the events of the 3rd of may. They were not successful)

On the small box above the piece can be read: “The British magazine The People has accused Duarte Levy of trying to sell them the pictures taken on the night Maddie disappeared for 50k, around 600,000euros and assuring them he had refused the deal and they warned the couple MC. In a statement to 24horas, Levy denies: “I’m not the owner of the pictures; I only helped several journalists that contacted me in Brussels”. In a statement to the magazine, CM, MC’s spokesperson, claimed that K and G “are angry and upset” and reminded that “they are no longer suspects”. Nevertheless he admits not knowing if K changed her clothes that night. “What if she did?”, asks Mitchell quoted by The People.”

http://www.24horasnewspaper.com/total.php?numero=2922&link=14

Copied from: http://the3arguidos.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21706&start=705 (vimark)

Just as an incidental £50k would be around 60K Euros, so not sure if that is a typo - The sale of the photos for around 600,000 Euros would be pretty lucrative - that's around half a million pounds, quarter of a mill dollars.

Such an interesting snippet... Nothing in the UK news concerning this, to my knowledge - all part of a suspicious, or over-cautious media clampdown imho...

What Levy says to 24horas:

- The 24 pics exist
- He has already seen some of them
- The pics were taken by a tourist on vacations with his wife and another couple
- The pics were made between 20h10 and 22h15 at Tapas Bar
- The pics show in the background the MCs and the British friends on vacation with them
- In one of the images would be possible to see that Kate McCann changed clothes during dinner time
(24horas recalls that: the group’s version of events stated that K just left the table around 22h00 when she went to the apt and noticed Maddie’s disappearance; that when G was made arguido he stated not to have taken a camera and not to remember if anyone else did and also that he did not remember what K was wearing that day)
- The owner of the pics would have had already contacts with British newspapers in order to sell the publishing rights. However he puts a condition to it: the pics must be shown to the Portuguese police.
- The tourist has sent the pics to the British centre of protection of children that cooperated with the Portuguese authorities in collecting information on the case
- After the tourist made that contact an important law firm from the UK got in touch with him and offered 600,000euros for all of the pictures - “The lawyers wanted him not to talk about the content of the pics and not to send them to Portugal, for that reason the deal was not done”

(24horas recalls that during the process the investigators insistently tried to find images that portrayed the events of the 3rd of may. They were not successful)

On the small box above the piece can be read: “The British magazine The People has accused Duarte Levy of trying to sell them the pictures taken on the night Maddie disappeared for 50k, around 600,000euros and assuring them he had refused the deal and they warned the couple MC. In a statement to 24horas, Levy denies: “I’m not the owner of the pictures; I only helped several journalists that contacted me in Brussels”. In a statement to the magazine, CM, MC’s spokesperson, claimed that K and G “are angry and upset” and reminded that “they are no longer suspects”. Nevertheless he admits not knowing if K changed her clothes that night. “What if she did?”, asks Mitchell quoted by The People.”

http://www.24horasnewspaper.com/total.php?numero=2922&link=14

Copied from: http://the3arguidos.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21706&start=705 (vimark)

What if she did he asks? Are you freaking kidding me Clarence? If Kate changed her clothes in the middle of the evening that would prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that she lied. It would prove she went to her apartment at least 2 times. That is at least ONE more time than she said she did. Clarence, I bet you a large donation to "the fund", that if proven on the pictures Kate changed clothes in the course of the evening, she will gloss it over with some lame excuse like she spilled red wine on her outfit, and had totally forgotten about the quick change, or Gerry brought her a different outfit on one of his checks....There will be a lie to cover the lie to cover the lie. It will be interesting if the first outfit was one that contained "the sent of death". Kate, your days are numbered...you will soon be here: :behindbar

(I wonder how much CM has donated to "the fund"?)

What if she did he asks? Are you freaking kidding me Clarence? If Kate changed her clothes in the middle of the evening that would prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that she lied. It would prove she went to her apartment at least 2 times. That is at least ONE more time than she said she did. Clarence, I bet you a large donation to "the fund", that if proven on the pictures Kate changed clothes in the course of the evening, she will gloss it over with some lame excuse like she spilled red wine on her outfit, and had totally forgotten about the quick change, or Gerry brought her a different outfit on one of his checks....There will be a lie to cover the lie to cover the lie. It will be interesting if the first outfit was one that contained "the sent of death". Kate, your days are numbered...you will soon be here: :behindbar

(I wonder how much CM has donated to "the fund"?)

Yeah sure, right Clarence..."so what?"

What if the clothes she was wearing before the change were those that the dogs alerted too? Or what if they cannot be accounted for....why?

Levy says Kate and ANOTHER T9 member changed clothes. We have heard RoB changed pants, right? Why?

I am also reading that JT never left the table (from the final dossier) as witnessed by the Tapas staff. If she never left the table then the sick child story goes "poof". No sick child, no vomit on the sheets (or RoB's pants).
:waitasec:

Just as an incidental £50k would be around 60K Euros, so not sure if that is a typo - The sale of the photos for around 600,000 Euros would be pretty lucrative - that's around half a million pounds, quarter of a mill dollars.

Such an interesting snippet... Nothing in the UK news concerning this, to my knowledge - all part of a suspicious, or over-cautious media clampdown imho...

1.00 EURO=1.47760 USD that's $882,000.00. Almost a MILLION bucks.

Must be some veeeeerrryyyy interesting photos.

Piglitsmum wrote: "Just as an incidental £50k would be around 60K Euros, so not sure if that is a typo - The sale of the photos for around 600,000 Euros would be pretty lucrative - that's around half a million pounds, quarter of a mill dollars".

REPLY: Um, maths lesson needed, plus assistance on currency conversions.

1. £50k = £50,000

2. £50,000 = approx 63,000 euros

3. £50,0000 or 63,000 euros = approx $92,500.

Your main error was to convert 60K euros to 600,000, multiplying the amount by 10.

Easily done with that silly decimal system.

++++++++++

Additional note: Half a mill pounds would not be quarter of a million dollars. Nearer a million.

But if I can come up with a quarter of a mill dollars, would you give me half a mill pounds?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

re colomom - post 506.

Exactly right, well said, plus:

So what? What if the photos prove several lies in the 'Tapas 9's accounts of that evening's events

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like these photographs really could reopen the case, here's hoping!
It would be very interesting to know which law firm offered the money.

Looks like Clarence is not issuing a denial anyway, mmmm!

Murder will out!

Mind you, I am wondering why is this only coming out now? This person who has had these all this time should be taken up for witholding evidence! A bit despicable in my book to try to make money when a little child is missing makes her/him no better than the McCanns!

Yeah sure, right Clarence..."so what?"

What if the clothes she was wearing before the change were those that the dogs alerted too? Or what if they cannot be accounted for....why?

Levy says Kate and ANOTHER T9 member changed clothes. We have heard RoB changed pants, right? Why?

I am also reading that JT never left the table (from the final dossier) as witnessed by the Tapas staff. If she never left the table then the sick child story goes "poof". No sick child, no vomit on the sheets (or RoB's pants).
:waitasec:

"So What?" :rolleyes: Good Old Clarence! :crazy:

Let's ask Clarence where he thinks Kate changed her clothes - in her apartment or in someone else's apartment? That would open up another kettle of fish! Because if her original story is true and she hadn't checked on Madeleine before she discovered her missing, then where did the clothes come from?

I'm angry that these pics are just coming out - it seems like great evidence. The story is a little hard to follow - the people didn't want to show them to the police? Or they wanted to sell them and let the media share them with the police?

I guess they wanted money for them so they didn't want them tied up as evidence? Then they should have sold them months ago!

The truth is more important than money, yet I'm glad this is coming out now.

I am still reserving judgement on the tourist with the camera until we learn more.

What if, for example, this tourist is very familiar with the McCanns and the connections they have. What if they are afraid of them? What if they have been watching the proceedings all these months and believe that Maddie is no longer alive. What if they thought that justice would be served....eventually.

Then they see that the McCanns might walk. So now they feel obligated to turn over the information through a third party.

The other possibility is that this is a disposable camera that was only recently developed.

~snip

I'm angry that these pics are just coming out - it seems like great evidence. The story is a little hard to follow - the people didn't want to show them to the police? Or they wanted to sell them and let the media share them with the police?

Hi TF,

The story goes that the tourist went through D. Levy to sell the pictures to the highest bidder, on one condition. Whomever purchased them had to give a copy to the PJ.

Kinda weird, I agree.

Hi TF,

The story goes that the tourist went through D. Levy to sell the pictures to the highest bidder, on one condition. Whomever purchased them had to give a copy to the PJ.

Kinda weird, I agree.

I dunno, kind of makes sense to me--"I'll sell them, but I'll cover my conscience by making sure the police have them in Portugal."

As for Clarence's "so what" response--Please. That's insulting.

So what if she changed her clothes/so what if she lied about her first check being the one when she found Maddie missing/so what.

So what is the response people use when they haven't anything left but sheer arrogance.

Pathetic and very disturbing.

"So What?" :rolleyes: Good Old Clarence! :crazy:

Let's ask Clarence where he thinks Kate changed her clothes - in her apartment or in someone else's apartment? That would open up another kettle of fish! Because if her original story is true and she hadn't checked on Madeleine before she discovered her missing, then where did the clothes come from?

I guess they wanted money for them so they didn't want them tied up as evidence? Then they should have sold them months ago!

The truth is more important than money, yet I'm glad this is coming out now.

Hummm. Interesting comment. Really, it kind of brings the swinging rumor around full circle...I wonder if the T9 would have known these pictures existed 15 months ago if they would have denied swinging so quickly?

I am still reserving judgement on the tourist with the camera until we learn more.
Very wise IMO.

I doubt there will be any substance to these rumours.

Someone trying to make money out of Madeleine:waitasec:
....just like Goncalo Amaral. :crazy:

What if, for example, this tourist is very familiar with the McCanns and the connections they have. What if they are afraid of them? What if they have been watching the proceedings all these months and believe that Maddie is no longer alive. What if they thought that justice would be served....eventually.

Then they see that the McCanns might walk. So now they feel obligated to turn over the information through a third party.

The other possibility is that this is a disposable camera that was only recently developed.

Your theories are very possible Colomon, the one thing that makes me believe these pohotgraphs do indeed exist is that Clarence has not issued an immediate denial that Kate changed her clothes.

Very wise IMO.

I doubt there will be any substance to these rumours.

Someone trying to make money out of Madeleine:waitasec:
....just like Goncalo Amaral. :crazy:

Well, its much more dispicable that the Parents are making so much money out of their childs loss!

Utterly disgraceful - I bet they dont have a mortgage anymore!

Do you condone their treatment of the poor little child?

Your theories are very possible Colomon, the one thing that makes me believe these pohotgraphs do indeed exist is that Clarence has not issued an immediate denial that Kate changed her clothes.

Yes spot on comment! He'd surely do the usual denial unless he WASNT SURE!!! The first most obvious crack in his blind support.

If these pictures are a ruse to expose the McCanns and their pals, its succeeded already!

The first ray of hope for Madeleine to be avenged!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/08/20/maddy-prowler-in-the-shadows-115875-20704443/

NewPhotoFit8-08.jpg

Oh dear....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members