2009.02.09 - The cousin that visited....

I don't know but it seems to me if you're going to put up missing posters you should always make and distribute them quickly. The same day is better than several days after since the chances are better that the perp is still in the area or that people remember having seen something. And it's not like Joe and Misty had to do the poster themselves, (if that's really Misty in the photograph) I'm thinking the flier was probably in the works pretty soon after the officers arrived at the scene and after TN came complete with an 8x10. It wouldn't take that long to scan a photo and reproduce the information from the Amber Alert, and print or copy a few hundred of them.

I don't think that Misty would have had to spend her whole day at the police station the first day. Several hours probably but since they didn't arrest her then they would have had to let her go at some point, and the police had lots of other people to question anyway. It was in April, I think when Hardy said they had interrogated her for over 30 hours, in total. Wonder how many sessions that is.

As for searching the woods, did we ever hear about Misty searching the woods? Besides the rose story? Ron attended a TES search but I don't remember having heard that Misty ever did. Posting fliers is a good thing though, and it might be more useful for the family to get the word out than to go on a random search on their own without any clues where to look. LE can organize wood searches better, I think, and I doubt they'd even like the person who was the last to see the child to be searching on their own. They might have told her not to go search. The reason being, what if Misty happened to find something, how can LE be sure she didn't "find" something Misty placed there in the first place? And finding Haleigh being a convenient way to explain her footprints, her DNA or any other indications of her presence being there.

It's a good question about the polygraphs. When did Misty have her first one? Does Putnam County Sheriff's office have a resident polygrapher who can tackle new cases right away or do they have to arrange for somebody to come from outside, so it might take more time? Dunno... I'm a complete doofus in this polygraph business but I'm thinking they might not always even want to do a polygraph the first thing in an investigation, because they don't yet have access to all the evidence and might miss asking a crucial question because of that.

If we need to check about the early availability of the flier, maybe we can go back to the earliest thread and see when they start to come up in the links or if there are mentions of Misty outside LE quarters doing other things the first day.

Thank you Donjeta, it is pretty clear that now the date is in question and also the persons in the photograph....lol. If it isn't Misty then I have even more issues believe it or not, I left out of the above post that Chelsea Croslin is married to Timmy Croslin and it seems that if she was lying about her days with Cousin Joe, and when he left and how he left, why?

Why all the lies, it keeps coming back to Timmy Croslin in my opinion, and was Timmy with Joe? People don't weave webs of deception to cover up innocent behavior. Anyway.....excellent idea about the thread announcing the flier, I do recall seeing that one too! : ) Lots of great information in those old threads. Our fellow Websleuthers worked so hard for us all!

Maybe someone can also find a picture of Misty the first day and see if she's wearing the same or similar clothes as the photo. The shape of her head looks more like Misty than Chelsea to me, but I don't know why. For the time being, I'm going with the assumption that the caption is right and the picture was taken on Tuesday with Misty and Joe in it, but I'm open to any evidence to the contrary.

It seems they're selling the pictures at the PDN archives so maybe a sleuther can buy one and enlarge the girl's head and find out the actual date taken from the information saved in the image file.

Misty's hair is very straight and long. In this picture, it looks like the girl's hair is thicker and has a sort of short bob for a ponytail.

I don't know IF it is Misty or not, but to be perfectly honest, I'm pizzed she was out hanging up flyers, if it is her.. She knew DAMN well Haleigh was not abducted and knows exactly what happened...She should have told the TRUTH to LE the first day..What a farce.. And thats my opinion about the balloon release The Cummings orchestrated for Haleigh's birthday too...JMO

Maybe someone can also find a picture of Misty the first day and see if she's wearing the same or similar clothes as the photo. The shape of her head looks more like Misty than Chelsea to me, but I don't know why. For the time being, I'm going with the assumption that the caption is right and the picture was taken on Tuesday with Misty and Joe in it, but I'm open to any evidence to the contrary.

It seems they're selling the pictures at the PDN archives so maybe a sleuther can buy one and enlarge the girl's head and find out the actual date taken from the information saved in the image file.

I sent an email to the editor for written confirmation about the people in the picture and the accuracy of the caption underneath, I will post the response as soon as I receive one. Not sure how long something like that would take, or if they will even respond. I hope they do....this is driving me nuts. : ).....or driving the nail in the coffin deeper, lol.

Any local know if L Sullivan is still the editor there?

Did you check their website? I just did, and it says he is.

Yes, hopefully it is accurate, if not perhaps whoever read the email will respond or direct me to someone who can speak of the content and date in the caption.

Are we allowed to post MySpace here?

I never have, I always assumed it was off limits. Good question though because I have some myspace messages that I saved that fall in line with this thread and cousin Joe leaving Satsuma. I think most have seen them. But, not sure about posting to myspace.

LSullivan just came back as editor of PDN recently.

Call the publisher direct. His name is Rusty. He'll pick up.

Sure that wouldn't be too pushy? Should I wait another day to see if Mr. Larry responds?

I never have, I always assumed it was off limits. Good question though because I have some myspace messages that I saved that fall in line with this thread and cousin Joe leaving Satsuma. I think most have seen them. But, not sure about posting to myspace.

You must have the same ones I do...JO?

You must have the same ones I do...JO?

maybe, there were some messages about him getting his butt back to Satsuma to help look for "that little girl" and to "clear his name", and some images in his pictures with him posing with guns and such. I think the reason we can't post myspaces though is to refrain from using names of family and friends not already mentioned in the case, not to mention how do we really know these pages were created by the actual players....I know, I know. I Hope describing the pages doesn't get me in trouble. :innocent:

It's a good question about the polygraphs. When did Misty have her first one? Does Putnam County Sheriff's office have a resident polygrapher who can tackle new cases right away or do they have to arrange for somebody to come from outside, so it might take more time? Dunno... I'm a complete doofus in this polygraph business but I'm thinking they might not always even want to do a polygraph the first thing in an investigation, because they don't yet have access to all the evidence and might miss asking a crucial question because of that.
respectfully snipped
FWIW, R&M's first polygraph exams took place of Feb 10th. They mentioned them in the interview with GVS on Feb 11th.
The interview date is in this post from the media thread. Scroll to Post 54.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79668&page=29

The link in the above post is old, so I've added the YouTube video of the interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMk536XfEG0&feature=related

I received a response from LSullivan at Palatka Daily news, please understand I am posting only the content as to protect my personal email and information. If a moderator needs to see the whole email for date verification as well as to confirm the sender was indeed L Sullivan from PDN, I have no problem forwarding that to them. : )

I sent:
Good Morning Sir,

Please find the attached image of Joe Overstreet along with a woman in the background hanging missing child posters of Haleigh Cummings dated 2/16/2009. The caption beneath reads as follows:

"Joe Overstreet and Misty Croslin hang up fliers for missing five year old Haleigh Cummings at a convenience store on State Route 17 in Satsuma on Tuesday. Croslin has dated Cummings father for 6-7 months and was the last to see the girl." end quote

Your paper states that it is Misty Croslin in the photo, is this a fact, or could it have been a misprint? Also the caption reads that the two were hanging missing child posters for Haleigh on Tuesday but it has been widely reported that Joe Overstreet left for Tennessee the very same day that Haleigh was reported missing. I am having a difficult time reconciling that it is Misty in the photo and that the date this picture was published could be accurate. Any help you might be able to give me would be greatly appreciated! If you are not able to answer my question please direct me to who might be able to, thank you so very much and thank you for your continuing coverage of Haleigh Cummings and the news on her disappearance and the investigation surrounding it.

His response today: No misprint. That was taken the morning was reported missing.

So I was wrong, pic was taken on the morning of Haleigh's disappearance however, Joe Overstreet 100% COULD HAVE left just hours after Haleigh was reported missing since the picture was taken on the morning of the 10th. He didn't comment as to who the woman was but, since he didn't correct the caption I assume it is indeed Misty in the photo.

Misty did not imply that Joe took off the day after Haleigh went missing, it was Chelsea Croslin who said that, Chelsea is the person Joe was staying with, Chelsea is the one who said the van was scratched and moved, Chelsea is the one that said Joe slept in his clothes and disappeared during the night, Chelsea is the one who said she cannot 100% account for Joe that night, etc etc etc....So if Chelsea is the one in the picture, though it names Misty Croslin, I could truly care less. My issue is that when these folks....all of them....open their lips to speak, a lie comes tumbling out, not just a lie, but stories riddled with such fictitious details that I just don't take any of them at their word anymore and I sincerely doubt that Law Enforcement has ever taken any of them at their word. JMO

I don't disagree that they all speak in shall we say strange ways to be polite. However, the fact remains that Joe did not immediately leave as implied. Misty and Lisa also implied the same thing - the video is available at AH's site if you care to wish. My argument was simply that the picture verified the kid did not leave as many wish to think he let. Pretty simple.

As you researched - you did learn the picture was taken on the 10th - that was the obvious.

I don't disagree that they all speak in shall we say strange ways to be polite. However, the fact remains that Joe did not immediately leave as implied. Misty and Lisa also implied the same thing - the video is available at AH's site if you care to wish. My argument was simply that the picture verified the kid did not leave as many wish to think he let. Pretty simple.

As you researched - you did learn the picture was taken on the 10th - that was the obvious.

Bolded by me...Exactly, No Joe did not leave as immediately as Chelsea implied. My mistake was considering her a reliable witness to the actions and activities of certain players in this case. Since Joe was staying with her and her husband, I thought perhaps she could be taken at her word, I won't be making that mistake again.

2nd bold....argument is a harsh word, I would never have decided to email and try and get a straight answer had yours and other posts not inspired me to do so, so it's a good thing! : )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingPersonsMatter
Back