2010.04.22 -New tapes of Ron

OOOO....I do declare Mahhhhhh hinky meter is on fire.

I am not too new here but, this is my first time posting on here. After listening to the tapes and having my husband clean them up some I can say I thought Ron cussed a lot till after hearing Cobra (I think that is who the tapes are from) cuss. I think he has out done Ron in that department. But, from whats on the tape is that Ron is repeating the story that Tommy told him about the night that Hank, Tommy and Joe went to the docks and what Joe had said. Ron said this after Cobra started talking about it first. Tommy is the one who said he needed to get his son out of there cuz it looked like Lake Placid (sp). On tape 2 (which was a lot harder to clean up) Ron and Cobra are talking about how much a parent hurts when they lose a child and that Cobra told Ron to watch out for Joe cuz he is a very mean dude. Cobra cant get a reading on Joe at all and that Ron needs to watch out for him and then they talk about how the spelling of HaLeigh's name came about. Nothing that shows me that Ron was making up a story about anything on these tapes. Cobra does like to talk over Ron a lot in the tapes. Ron would start to comment on something that Cobra said but, Cobra talked over him. My husband is going to see if he can fix the audio on them to see what Ron is saying on them better.

OT I have also listened to the 911 tapes over after my husband cleaned them up some too and Ron does NOT say anything about drugs and there is no 3rd voice. Rons pitch of his voice changes alot from being pissed off yelling to just asking what did misty know and why did she not hear anything to crying for HaLeigh. My husband is going to try and clean them up more to see if there is anything else on them. My husband also said that if you think you hear a word and that is what is in your head when you keep listening to it, you will make yourself hear it. (he works for ABC News and he does editing for a living and after listening to tapes all day to bleep out cuss words before air time your mind plays tricks on you and you miss things.)

Please be gentle with me like I said its my first post here and I have alot of things on my mind about this case and so many are popping up right this min.
:truce:

Welcome! That is so sweet of your husband and you for getting it on here. i listened to the tapes also, but could only make out a few words. txs again!

Does anyone else hear (during the sirens) RC say "JR will be with me till the day I die, even if hehas to go with me like that" ??

I asked on twitter but not many can listen and/or make out what he said.

Ron said that Jr will be with me till the day I die. Then cobra said something and Ron said yeah even if he has to go with me like that he is daddys boy and then says that HaLeigh is daddys girl.
What cobra said I cant tell its not clear enough but, it sounded like he was asking Ron a question and Ron was replying to it.

Does anyone else hear (during the sirens) RC say "JR will be with me till the day I die, even if hehas to go with me like that" ??

I'm pretty sure I heard the same. Wonder what that meant ?

OOOO....I do declare Mahhhhhh hinky meter is on fire.

iputout.jpg

we need that hinkometer, Teh. :D

I totally agree with your second paragraph about the 911 call. I didn't hear any "extra" person(s) either or any mention of drugs. Just, like you said, I heard Ron crying, yelling, talking and asking questions of Misty and out loud to himself, and carrying on in the background. Both his and Misty's tone/pitch changed often. I also agree about once you're told something, that's what you'll hear. JMO

................OT I have also listened to the 911 tapes over after my husband cleaned them up some too and Ron does NOT say anything about drugs and there is no 3rd voice. Rons pitch of his voice changes alot from being pissed off yelling to just asking what did misty know and why did she not hear anything to crying for HaLeigh. My husband is going to try and clean them up more to see if there is anything else on them. My husband also said that if you think you hear a word and that is what is in your head when you keep listening to it, you will make yourself hear it. (he works for ABC News and he does editing for a living and after listening to tapes all day to bleep out cuss words before air time your mind plays tricks on you and you miss things.)

Please be gentle with me like I said its my first post here and I have alot of things on my mind about this case and so many are popping up right this min.
:truce:

Sounds like what I heard too... Thank God Jr. is no longer with him...

Speaking of gators though, guess my family is really wierd, because when I go home to visit family who live in New Orleans and the surrounding area, we don't discuss feeding or the nesting habits of gators ever.....JMO

Ron said that Jr will be with me till the day I die. Then cobra said something and Ron said yeah even if he has to go with me like that he is daddys boy and then says that HaLeigh is daddys girl.
What cobra said I cant tell its not clear enough but, it sounded like he was asking Ron a question and Ron was replying to it.

Can your husband discern if the tapes seem redacted and/or how many hang ups there were? TIA :)

Ya know, hearing Ron talk about gators and pushing their prey right after Cobra says something to the effect of "looking for a live child or looking for a dead child".....really gave me the creeps.

Ya know, hearing Ron talk about gators and pushing their prey right after Cobra says something to the effect of "looking for a live child or looking for a dead child".....really gave me the creeps.
Me too, I can't imagine having a missing child and that child possibly being dead and in water then talking about the burrowing habits of gators so calmly. I can't even imagine thinking the thought that an alligator could have been near my deceased child.

Me too, I can't imagine having a missing child and that child possibly being dead and in water then talking about the burrowing habits of gators so calmly.

Well, unlike Misty, Ron does not leave me breathless, but he can sure leave me speechless. And the stuff about JR??????? I'm glad JR is out of there.

Loving Mom of 2 it will cetainly be appreciated if you can post after hubby cleans up the tapes.

I heard about the same thing on the tapes others have heard. At first I thought those sirens were the usual firetrucks that zoom past my house frequently on the way to the nearby hospital - until I paused the tape and the sirens disappeared. They sounded so close!

I also thought it eerie when Ron said his son would be with him forever and when he spoke of alligator food with his daughter missing!

I agree about the language. I began listening to hear if they were using the words properly. :crazy: They'd get more substance into their conversation if they'd cut out the unnecessary vocabulary, and make it easier for us to listen.

OT: Cobra has his own take on Ron and Tommy about Misty's two men theory. :eek: I heard it on a radio show Sunday, maybe Simon Barrett show.

Speaking for myself here in Who Dat Nation, there are times alligators come up in conversation, and being a mystery buff, I've often thought the best place to dump someone would be in the many nearby swamps and marshes. But that's just me.

Loving Mom of 2 it will cetainly be appreciated if you can post after hubby cleans up the tapes.

I will post more once he works with the tapes more. He did say that since they are not the orignals it wont clean up as good but, he will do his best.

When Ron and Cobra are talking about gator habits they were talking about air pockets that are made when a gator burrows their pray and if the scooner(sp) equipment will be able to see that something is there. This was all said when Cobra was talking about searching the rivers. I think it was more about making sure that having that equipment would be helpful since Cobra was asking Ron who he had to help with a search and that it cost alot for the equipment. IMO it almost sounded like Cobra was wanting money for this kind of search and Ron wanted to make sure that anything that was deep under the mud would show on it.

OT I do not know who did what to Haleigh and I have kept a very open mind through this all. But, I do have a hard time with all the people who point fingers at people who they dont know. I have a friend who went through what they are right now and people said alot of mean things about what he did to his daughter because the puplic thought what they read or see on TV was true and judge him from the start cuz the child was in his care at the time she came up missing. Glad to say that he was not the one who did anything to his daughter it was the step-dad who took the lil girl and the mom and him hid her for 2 years before she was able to tell someone what had happened. She is now living with her dad and her new brother and the lady who adopted her after the mother went to prison. SO please dont blame others before you know the truth. BTW this dad was in so much shock when he woke up to his daughter missing that he did stupid things while she was missing including getting married and had another child. He also got a lawyer that same day cuz the police do look at parents first before anybody and do put them through a lot of questions and do make them feel like its their fault this happened.

Off topic:

Your point is very important in this day and age Loving Mom of 2. When I was a young girl, I heard the saying "Sticks and stone may break my bones but words will never hurt me".

However, we are now well into the information age and words typed on the internet are words that can be forever. It never really goes away. Slowly I am learning to temper my own words that I personally post. Thank you for the eloquent reminder!

http://www..net/124400

Haleigh Cummings – The Cobra Tapes (Transcripts)

http://www..net/124400

Haleigh Cummings – The Cobra Tapes (Transcripts)

I couldn't just hit the thanks button Ilovemew! I had to send you a :hug:

:)

ron: dump them right in the water… let the alligators take care of the rest.

cobra: bam!

ron: do i think that`s where my daughter`s at? (answers own question) probably.

That statement broke my heart. Cobra is a buffoon in these tapes. Trying to play his "part" (whatever that's supposed to be) up. He's not even listening to Ron. Ron says several times, listen but Cobra just keeps talking over him. RC comes across more truthful to me in this tape. Without stupid Cobra egging him on and trying to be all macho :)sick:) Ron seemed genuinly concerned about gators and his daughter being in there.

I do wish we knew if he shared this with police as I think that would be very telling. In all his months of silence in the begginning had he already shared this theory with LE or did he let his daughter potentially be in that water all this time.

This case has so many twists and turns but I don't think it was wrong of any of us to look at Ron with scrutiny. A poster here even pointed out that the parents are always the first on the suspect list. Unfortuanetly Ron never did much to help clear his name or make himself open to the public and LE. That led us to never be able to get past him. He did himself no favors and IMO never cared to. My point is that Ron led an unhealthy unstable life and his two little children were around that. The fact that he is now in jail on drug charges only shows us how Haleigh and Jr. never had much of a chance being in that environment. Whatever the outcome is, I believe it is for the best that Jr. is now away from Ron. Ron himself seemed to value Jr. as a possesion pointing out that he would be with him til the day he died. Who says that about their kids? Strange IMO. I do think Ron loved his children in the only limited way he knew how. IMO it wasn't enough, not even close, and Haleigh payed the price with her life.

Is Crystal the answer- I don't know? I hope she can end this cycle of poverty, drugs and limited education. I think she will need help and counseling to do so. Whether she can get that I don't know... I hope so. I hope Haleigh's light can shine bright for her family, her mom and sister and brother and they can turn this tragedy into something positive.

Sorry for the long post. If you made it to the end :blowkiss:

They have now posted the transcripts. Much easier than actually having to listen to the tapes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back