UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few more pictures of little Ethan. Lets all keep him in our thoughts today as Stephanie and Nathan go to court. Justice for Ethan!

r0qmwi.jpg

22fimv.jpg

2iqzc08.jpg

986iwp.jpg

25r1oqd.jpg

mjlmj5.jpg

that is a good question... can two people be charged for the murder of the same person???:waitasec:

Hi Ms. Nursie: Guess I'm wondering about 'double jeopardy. If the prosecutor tries Steph for murder and can't prove it beyond all reasonable doubt - and she is found not-guilty, is she off the hook for all the charges? Do all the charges stem from the same crime? That was more my question. Remember double jeopardy from the Casey Anthony case - they had to be real careful what to charge her with. moo

The state must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant caused [the result]. Proximate cause does not necessarily mean the last act of cause, or the act in point of time nearest to [the result]. The concept of proximate cause incorporates the notion that an accused may be charged with a criminal offense even though his acts were not the immediate cause of [the result].

An act or omission to act is a proximate cause of [the result] when it substantially and materially contributes, in a natural and continuous sequence, unbroken by an efficient, intervening cause,2 to [the result]. It is a cause without which [the result] would not have occurred and a predominating cause, a substantial factor, from which [the result] follows as a natural, direct and immediate consequence.3

It does not matter whether this particular kind of harm that results from the defendant's act be intended by the defendant. When [the result] caused by the defendant's conduct is a foreseeable and natural result of that conduct, the law considers the chain of legal causation unbroken and holds the defendant criminally responsible.
http://www.jud.ct.gov/CriminalJury/2-9.html

eta: seems to me that they could possibly make a case of murder on StephanieSloop.

A memorial fund has been set up for Ethan's family at the following location:

TruPoint Bank
PO Box 1010
Grundy, VA 24614

Pay to the order of: Memorial Fund for Ethan Stacy

At this time, the bank is only set up to receive payment by check. If other forms of payment become available, I will pass along that information and it will posted to the Justice for Ethan Stacy Facebook Group.

Not sure I understand all this about mom! What is it people what his mom charged with? I'm sorry, but at this point, I feel that's a waste of the prosecutor's time. Once again, I will say as I usually do, let's focus on the real perps! Moo Mho and all that stuff!!!!

Did you see the picture with the severe injury to Ethan? Nathan's mother would have seen that injury when she visited. All was not hunky dory as she claims. And it's all the more horrifying when you think of his mother also having knowledge of her son's mental instability and tendency to violence.

BTW, there wouldn't be any real perps to focus on if Nathan's mother picked up the phone and call 911 four days before he died.

Not sure I understand all this about mom! What is it people what his mom charged with? I'm sorry, but at this point, I feel that's a waste of the prosecutor's time. Once again, I will say as I usually do, let's focus on the real perps! Moo Mho and all that stuff!!!!

I understand what you are saying, let's go after the real monsters and murderers. Having said that,that woman said she saw Ethan and he was fine. If it turns out that the photos are correct and he had already been abused about his head, then she is a liar. It would have been noticeable. We as a society can't turn our backs on child abuse. She needs to be held accountable if she saw the signs and ignored them. It takes one cold hearted person to witness signs of abuse and ignore them. Maybe the apple didn't fall far from the tree. jmo

Received a response from Troy Rawlings' office this morning regarding my email about how the bruising on Ethan's jaw did not appear to be a fresh injury (contrary to what SS claimed), that he did not die and become "cold and stiff" within that two hour time frame (as SS claimed), and that his injuries had to have been present when NS's mother visited and claimed Ethan was ok (I asked them to consider looking into that and charging her as well).

"Thanks ___. Your input is intelligent and well stated. We are on it.

Davis County Attorney’s Office"

I have a good feeling about this man. I think he's going to do right by Ethan.
That little "thanks" button sometimes just isn't enough. :) Thank You, Calliope for posing that question to him and sharing his answer. Feeling a little more hopeful...(MOO)

Did you see the picture with the severe injury to Nathan? Nathan's mother would have seen that injury when she visited. All was not hunky dory as she claims. And it's all the more horrifying when you think of his mother also having knowledge of her son's mental instability and tendency to violence.

BTW, there wouldn't be any real perps if Nathan's mother picked up the phone and call 911 four days before he died.

What do you want her charged with? I thought she was told the child had a peanut allergy and I guess there are some people who might not question that.

Is there anyone in the family who would have thought this would end up in torture and murder? His mother looked devastated to me. I'm aware that I looks at crimes different from most here, I look at the perp and hold the perp 100% responsible and I don't like to share that among others. Makes me very unpopular - sorry, but that's the way I've always been, and I am entitled to my opinion!moo mho

Public creates Facebook group to execute Stephanie and Nathanael Sloop
Friday, May 14, 2010 by Emma James ·

Since the release of the probable cause statements there has been outrage in the community. The outrage has extended nationwide and has reached social media networks. Facebook has a group called “Form a mob to publicly execute Nathan Sloop and Stephanie Sloop.” The group has gained over 500 members since its creation.

http://health-beauty-2468.blogspot.com/2010/05/ethan-stacy-update-public-creates.html

Just trying to fathom how a Mother could let her boyfriend hurt her child.

Did you see the picture with the severe injury to Nathan? Nathan's mother would have seen that injury when she visited. All was not hunky dory as she claims. And it's all the more horrifying when you think of his mother also having knowledge of her son's mental instability and tendency to violence.

BTW, there wouldn't be any real perps to focus on if Nathan's mother picked up the phone and call 911 four days before he died.

What do you want her charged with? I thought she was told the child had a peanut allergy and I guess there are some people who might not question that.

Is there anyone in the family who would have thought this would end up in torture and murder? His mother looked devastated to me. I'm aware that I looks at crimes different from most here, I look at the perp and hold the perp 100% responsible and I don't like to share that among others. Makes me very unpopular - sorry, but that's the way I've always been, and I am entitled to my opinion!moo mho

It was LE that Nathan told Ethan just had a peanut allergy.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700031731/Disturbing-details-of-boys-last-days.html

Reminder: Presser in 10 minutes. I'll post live links online as I find them. Also, if you live in Utah, KSL (local channel 5)should be carrying it.

eyes, if I saw a child with a swollen face like that, I wouldn't say oh well it probably won't end up in torture and murder, I would call 911 immediately.

I want Nathan's mother brought in for very serious and complete questioning.

Quoted from Pittsburghgirl:

"A few years back, there was a story about a stray female cat who had severe burns from going back into a burning building to rescue her kittens. The people who found her and the kittens named her Scarlet. I saw a mother turkey frantically trying to get her last baby turkey chick across a highway, the others waiting on the other side. Animals will risk their lives to save their young. That's all I have to say about these two."

How true is that!! I read a book recently about studies done that show our human instinct to sense danger is less in our society today than it was 100 years ago. We are loosing that basic human instinct, thanks to society rules basically. Wondering if this isn't the case with the instict for mothers to protect thier children (even thier young children). There seem to be so many more cases in the news these days of child abuse (w/mothers consent) murders and even mothers who leave perfectly normal families to pursue thier own wants and needs.

Not revelant to the discussion directly but I am still trying so hard to understand how this mother stood by and watched her son being beaten and tortured. (moo)

BeanE Thanks for posting the address to the prosecuter, I have a draft started now. Would it be okay to share it with others outside of WS? tia :)

I am just catching up with last nights comments, but I had to respond to this one first. You are right, we are losing that basic instinct, and the fact that women are losing it is a shock to our sensibilities.

I heard a couple of local DJ's talking about this case yesterday afternoon, and one of them is actually swaying on the possibility that Stephanie was afraid of her Nathan, and that is why she did what she did. I say B***S***!!

I was in an abusive relationship years ago, I worked diligently to get out alive, but had to do it slowly. The very day a threat was made against my kids (which had never been done before) I changed the schedule for my escape to the next day and walked away leaving a large amount of my belongings, and putting MY life in peril. THAT is where the line is drawn for a caring mother, NOTHING and NO ONE is more important than your children. It truly is a basic animal instinct....

I am tired of hearing that this is societies fault, or the judges fault, or anyone else's fault but the two individuals that tortured this innocent little boy for their own selfish desires. Stephanie needs to be charged with Murder, or assisting a murder. :furious::furious:

Sorry for the rant, putting my soap box back on the shelf for now.

Public creates Facebook group to execute Stephanie and Nathanael Sloop
Friday, May 14, 2010 by Emma James ·

Since the release of the probable cause statements there has been outrage in the community. The outrage has extended nationwide and has reached social media networks. Facebook has a group called “Form a mob to publicly execute Nathan Sloop and Stephanie Sloop.” The group has gained over 500 members since its creation.

http://health-beauty-2468.blogspot.com/2010/05/ethan-stacy-update-public-creates.html

For some reason, they've updated the website and it has different info now.
The FB page is, however, HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member