Tampering Investigation Who? What? When? Where? We already know why!

Think about how much taxpayer money has been spent in investigating TES searchers and "leads" and yet they could not determine that LB was a fraud?

And recall Judge Perry's "warning" to the defense about enterprising attorneys cashing in on an opportunity to collect misused JAC funds.

And this is the point where it becomes abundantly clear that this was not just a lone loony tune falsifying a document and misleading the defense. Too many steps were missed in evaluating LB. And not just by Jose. Yeah we may almost expect this lack of due diligence or effort from him. This ability to accept anything exculpatory at face value. But I'm sorry CM was up to his countrified colloquial armpits in the TES circus. This sure as hell is not his first rodeo. he had more than enough direct interaction with TES. And he obviously was deeply involved with the LB situation. he most certainly would have known to use it to get direct access to TES. The only reason he and JB did not was quite frankly they willfully chose not to look too deeply at the document or LB's story. Their only investigation into it was a deliberate and surreptitious look at whether it could be easily disproved. They knew it was fake, but were opting for a simple situation of deniability if it got found out. Not the actual truthfulness of the evidence.
respectfully snipped for space.

ITA, ff! What a fantastic post! So true. And this is exactly what makes me mad about how this seems to be playing out in the media thus far on this issue. Poor defense lawyers were duped by a psycho a la JW. Heck, Mason and Baez will probably spin it and say the media coverage and "leaks" by the state are what causes the loonies to come out in droves and ultimately thwart Casey's right to a fair trial or some such nonsense.

BBM
Unless this info is in new docs yet unseen, I think that WESH likely reported in a manner that would imply that she had actually admitted it.

Kind of a walk the fence statement.

At another point in her deposition, Buchanan said, "I didn't know where the remains of the child were, period. I didn't know, I was -- I was shown something, pointed to it."

Buchanan's initial account of the search was considered crucial to the defense because it went against what other Texas EquuSearch officials and searchers have long said: that the area where the child's remains were ultimately found was impassible because it was under water in September 2008.

During the deposition, Buchanan explained that she held on to a Texas EquuSearch form that was supposed to have been turned in after the searches and later added "notes" to that document before meeting with an investigator for the defense.

She also admitted to sending e-mails to Baez with pictures of herself attached. During the deposition she said she was "embarrassed" about having sent those.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-witness-discredited-20110131,0,1334880.story

I would like to know when she added "notes". I would like to know what she was shown and pointed to.

ITA

I'd also like to add that my impression is that while LB may or may not have actually intended to alter / change / tamper with search documents, there must a reason for her or ANYONE else to do so.

The only logical reason is to "help" KC.

There are a number of people that got caught up in the "mystery surrounding
a missing child" for various reasons. Not all of those reasons were altruistic.

We have seen ordinary folks that camped out in front of the Anthony home making life for anyone in that neighborhood miserable.

We have seen folks jump through hoops to give an interview when they had nothing of value to offer. An aside....have you ever noticed that the media plucks the MOST ridiculous people to interview? They never pick Joe business suit, they pick Joe Bob overalls and a dip in the mouth. JMO

I think it is too early to label LB as a perp with fraudulent motives. I am not saying it isn't the case, just that we don't know the whole story. LB was manipulated by someone(s). If she wasn't we never would have heard her name.

Think about it. How many TES searchers volunteered their assistance to the defense??? Did she? Who knows. How many volunteered their assistance to the SAO? Who knows.

What I am saying is that while LB may or may not have inappropriately handled docs......what possible motive would she have for doing that? Grab a soundbite on TV, score an interview with a local news station, maybe get a cameo on Nancy Grace....those would be motive for being vocal and inserting yourself into the case.

BUT, to tamper with a doc...allegedly....who has the real motive here???

Food for thought.

BBM

There is a phenomenon that crops up quite often in various emergency services that for lack of a better term we will refer to as a "Vanity Hero". It is something that most services try hard to screen against. Basically it is an individual who is out seeking the mental reinforcement, personal adulation or acceptance, or just outright fame of being "The Hero". It is probably it's least harmful in EMS (which is why you will see it alot in Volunteer Ambulance Squads) . It is often characterized by a somewhat dysfunctional personality that is deeply lacking in confidence or focus and is searching for some sort of artificial acceptance.

It is probably most harmless in basic EMS (straight up EMT's like LB) where you just end up with overly enthusiastic underly competent EMT's who typically have a tendency to show up uninvited to accident scenes that they are not directly dispatched to. They get in the way and are annoying, but due to the nature of EMS they very rarely are in a situation where they are alone or unsupervised. The vanity hero gets much much more problematic and dangerous at Advanced Life Support levels and as a Firefighter. Once the ability to administer drugs comes into play it opens up some truly disturbing opportunities to turn oneself into a "hero" while endangering an individuals life. The ultimate form of this being the infamous "Angel of Death" nurses in ICU's and hospitals. In the case of Firefighters they are even more dangerous. They are known as "Vanity Pyro's" and have a tendancy to light fires in order to be the hero for "discovering" them, calling them in, or simply fighting the fire. These individuals are the reason that When investigating a suspicious fire, the very first people that the Arson investigators look at are the firefighters. Every time.

LB is a Vanity Hero. No question about it. Everything we know about her just screams this.

respectfully snipped for space.

ITA, ff! What a fantastic post! So true. And this is exactly what makes me mad about how this seems to be playing out in the media thus far on this issue. Poor defense lawyers were duped by a psycho a la JW. Heck, Mason and Baez will probably spin it and say the media coverage and "leaks" by the state are what causes the loonies to come out in droves and ultimately thwart Casey's right to a fair trial or some such nonsense.

BBM

And to that I would answer...

Mr. Baez ,you argued against a gag order proposed by the State of Florida.

Mr. Baez, your client had time to notify the court that she opposed your actions if she chose to do so. In fact she stated in open court she was happy with your representation.

Mr. Baez, you are an attorney licensed to practice in the State of Florida and are WELL AWARE of the Sunshine State Laws. This is not a case of the SAO thwarting your client's right to a fair trial. It is simply a case of sour grapes because your "scheme / plan" backfired.

Mr. Baez, please pull up your panties and shut up.

Ann Pham said she thought LB did it for the attention. IMO it made her feel important. Why did she tell so many various stories about her profession? That in itself is very telling because who does that remind you of? Shades of both Casey and JW. Completely self serving with no regard for justice for Caylee. Look at how she speaks. Every other word is vulgar. That kid and so on. Just like Casey she thought she could get away with it and gain notoriety as the witness that saved CA. All imo of course.

It made her feel important? What she did in helping search for Caylee was important... and she would have been thanked and applauded for her efforts... but that was not enough for her, I guess? Now she will forever be known as the woman who brought forth fake documents that could have (I doubt it) set a murderer, of the same two-year-old baby she was searching for in the woods, free! And that would make her feel important? :banghead:

In the pictures recently posted here (no sure which thread), there's a group of photos taken with the pictures from KC's room where there's a poster with pictures of KC and her friends and I'm assuming this was taken when LE was in the house after the remains were found in December because the journal copy is in this group. Beside the picture is a letter which someone photographed along with the poster. The letter ironically is from a Laura who was, it appears from the letter, born in 198?. LB was born in 1980 and the writing on the letter is very similar to LB's. It would be interesting to know if this letter was from LB and why LE included it in their photos. jmo

Here it is on page 17:

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18740442/detail.html

BINGO -- now we know why JB wanted EVERYTHING from ICA room! <----- edit, post #406 shoots this theory down. But if you fake a form, do you try to be Irish to impress someone too? (And the handwriting does look similar!)

BTW - Jayla, that dress that was found is very close to LB siting of Caylee! Did she drop a dress on her way home? Just asking, not accusing! IMHO, etc!

BINGO -- now we know why JB wanted EVERYTHING from ICA room! <----- edit, post #406 shoots this theory down. But if you fake a form, do you try to be Irish to impress someone too?

I'm as nosy as Lambchop about that letter, its just so randomly placed in that photo, why not just a photo of the letter in its entirely? There were several boxes filled with what looks like letters and papers shown in other photos of her room, why this letter? Why hold it up like that, and obscure some of it? Delivering a message to someone?

BBM: I think that is exactly why she did what she did. I would not be surprised if she stuffed a form in her pocket/backpack and forgot it was there until much later. How many of us have stuck our hand in a jacket we haven't worn for awhile and pulled something out?

She had just a taste of the excitement of this case while she was a searcher. The Media swarmed all over the place, especially on the September searches. They were interviewing anyone who stood still for more than 60 seconds. She saw this and was unable to get her chance before the camera. Fast forward to when Caylee was found. How soon after that did J. Jordan come up in the news about not thinking Caylee was there? He got a lot of exposure for that and for his earlier searching didn't he? I can see LB finding that half filled out form she forgot to turn in and seeing this as her big chance at her 15 minutes of fame.

Now was she encouraged by the Defense and Mort - oh I am sure she was. but I think she came up with that search form all on her own, I really do.

I agree. I think she intended to insert herself from the get-go.

It is amazing to watch. It is no accident that all these people manage to find each other. :innocent:

Is LB driving her own bus? Is she a passenger? We'll soon find out.

All of 'em disgust me.

I'll be so glad when May is here and it will be about Caylee again.

It made her feel important? What she did in helping search for Caylee was important... and she would have been thanked and applauded for her efforts... but that was not enough for her, I guess? Now she will forever be known as the woman who brought forth fake documents that could have (I doubt it) set a murderer, of the same two-year-old baby she was searching for in the woods, free! And that would make her feel important? :banghead:

It's the one thing that would set her apart from the other searchers. I know it's disgusting but she writes to Baez claiming she believes Casey is innocent and she believes RK is responsible. Now if that don't beat all I don't know what does. LB was in Florida in Aug/Sept. RK found Caylee in Dec. so all those months later she thinks RK did it? I mean really, c'mon. Right where the defense was headed. That's no coincidence imo.

I know this subject keeps coming up in this case, and it is truly scary how many of these sorts seem to keep coming out of the woodwork. But we need to be mindful that we keep trying to wrap our heads around or attribute normal motives to a host of individuals that obviously suffer from grossly dysfunctional personalities. The defendant herself is the best example of this, as is her lead attorney. LB is yet another case. She did this to attempt to fill some driving need for being the hero. For public acceptance in some way. It does not have to make sense to the rest of us. It never will truly make sense to the rest of us because it is broken and dysfunctional behavior. The best we can do is learn to recognize it when we see it.

Wow. I just don't think getting duped by these whackos is going to work. The defense just can't be that stupid. I am thinking, though, that they are finally done with TES if they know what is good for them. MN and TM can FINALLY breathe a sigh of relief. Unless they are just that dumb, and the next whacko is waiting in the wings. Dear God in heaven, I seriously hope not.

Honestly, though, JB is shutting up and letting LB be a scapegoat for now because he knows nothing is going to happen until this trial is done. Believe me, SA is not blind. They see all of this, they are documenting it and organizing it, and I guarantee a line of people are leaving the courtroom with Casey in handcuffs. We just have to wait, and that is suckiest part of all of this. It will be interesting to see JB's demeanor in the hearing on Friday, though. I can't wait for that.

And seriously, Laura, you need to go back under the rock you climbed out of and GO AWAY. We're done with you, the case is done with you. And seriously, you're embarrassed about photos you sent Baez? Uh honey, there's much bigger things to be embarrassed about like, oh, I don't know, wanting to insert yourself into a case so badly you FORGED A DOCUMENT!

Document forgery is a SERIOUS crime. We're talking lying and fraud. I think Bernie Madoff needs to have a chat with Laura about what happens when you lie and defraud. People really don't like that and look where it got Mr. Madoff. There is no way LB gets off that easily for document forgery. I highly doubt the conversation went:

"Oh whoops, I forgot that turn that in, just left in my pocket and weeks later found, can you imagine that? And maybe I put people's names on it other than mine and then turned it in as a real document to help Casey. Just a misunderstanding, you know. No hard feelings, right SA?"

"Oh, it's okay, sugar pie, slap on the hand for you! Naughty girl! Now go home to your kids and be a better mom! We'll just look back on this and laugh someday!"

Yeah, that is SOOOOOOOO not happening. Mark my words. She's free now, but not forever. She interfered in an investigation, she lied about not seeing Caylee's body there, and she forged other people's names on that same document. She will be lucky to not have what, two or three lawsuits PLUS a criminal case after Casey's trial is over.

I'm just saying, LB should not plan any vacations after about mid August, YKWIM?

I think it is LB. The handwriting looks like LB. It also looks like ICA's.
I know the LB birthday is different, but I believe she used ICA's birthday as a jumping off conversation starter. OMG! Like, look at us, twinsies!!!

I was thinking the same thing, but I can't zoom in the picture, I was trying to do a side by side comparison.

LB looks far worse to me than BM simply because this is a dp case where a child was murdered.

I know this subject keeps coming up in this case, and it is truly scary how many of these sorts seem to keep coming out of the woodwork. But we need to be mindful that we keep trying to wrap our heads around or attribute normal motives to a host of individuals that obviously suffer from grossly dysfunctional personalities. The defendant herself is the best example of this, as is her lead attorney. LB is yet another case. She did this to attempt to fill some driving need for being the hero. For public acceptance in some way. It does not have to make sense to the rest of us. It never will truly make sense to the rest of us because it is broken and dysfunctional behavior. The best we can do is learn to recognize it when we see it.

That's exactly as I see it and usually do recognize it for what it is. Can't relate to it of course and am still asking myself what the hell was she thinking.

faefrost, thank you for this post. I have been contemplating the psychological background for LB's compulsion to insert herself into this case and attach herself to CA for some time. It is not my intent to derail this thread, but I want to say that it chills me to note the parallels between LB and KC: the rigid forced smile in all pictures we've seen of LB and KC, the communications between CA/KC and CA/LB that IMO surpass normal boundaries, the ever-shifting stories/lies/mistruths that both KC and LB have spewed.

When this is all done, I don't plan to read any book written by an Anthony, but I would very much appreciate a deep and insightful psychological dissection of the varied dysfunctions we have encountered since July 15 2008.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back