MT MT - Jason Reynolds, 17, Billings, 1 Jun 1993

There is really nothing to share at this point-no one is actually keeping you in the dark. Everything has to be vetted before we want to put it on the thread-it is only fair to all of you that have worked so hard to have completely accurate information.

There is really nothing to share at this point-no one is actually keeping you in the dark. Everything has to be vetted before we want to put it on the thread-it is only fair to all of you that have worked so hard to have completely accurate information.

Good to know! Thank You for the information!

OK-here is what we have....through the complete and utter good grace of the VA MedEx's office, they are willing to process a dna sample which was recently taken from Jason Reynolds biological mother. They are going to process this sample themselves and compare it directly to Jason Doe.

They dont have to do this. No one has to make a move in this direction. But they are willing to go the extra step and for that I am beyond grateful. How fitting and no pun intended. The sample has been taken and it may take up to 4 months to process given any backlogs the lab may have.

Words fail-they are indeed a class act.

I have asked Jason's biological mother to lay low for now until this comparison is completed simply because I dont want to set her on a rollercoaster-not that she hasnt been on one already! The Reynolds have been incredibly gracious during this process and I have to give them their proper due-they just want to know where Jason is as well.

So now you know what we know.

I believe that the VA Medex office wants to see Jason Doe identified as much as we do, that is my impression from what I know. It is wonderful for what they are doing in trying to identify Jason. I am grateful for what they are doing.

My thoughts are with Jason Reynolds' bio mom as well as with the Reynolds family, I hope that both families will find the answers they are seeking.

Believe09 and RK, Thank you for everything you've done thus far. I'm completely overwhelmed with mixed emotions. My thoughts and prayers include Jason's bio mom, his adopted family, and the VA MedEx. God Bless the MedEx!

Thank you again for the information! My thoughts and prayers are with all involved!

I'm confused. I thought Jason Reynolds was ruled out through dentals? Is DNA testing being done just in case there was a mix up in Jason Reynolds dental records? TIA

I'm confused. I thought Jason Reynolds was ruled out through dentals? Is DNA testing being done just in case there was a mix up in Jason Reynolds dental records? TIA

Let's put it this way-they are opting for the better be safe than sorry approach. And we are appreciative. Because they could have left it at the dental rule out.

Let's put it this way-they are opting for the better be safe than sorry approach. And we are appreciative. Because they could have left it at the dental rule out.

Thanks for your reply Believe! I commend them for their dedication! I was just confused because, sadly, many don't go that extra mile!

Thanks for the update Believe.

I really think that's him and there was a mixup of the dentals. It looks exactly like him, down to the off centre nose, eyelids and even the way the irises are a little higher up than usual.

Gosh it would be amazing to wrap both up...amazing. But, it is in the very, very capable hands of the VA Medical Examiner Investigator and we can just hang around thinking good thoughts for all who made this happen and for these young men. All I can say is that they are all making it onto my list this Thanksgiving...

Thinking about Jason today - listening to some Dead and hoping WS can find him home. PEACE

Still waiting for the DNA-while it seems a lifetime for us, it isnt that long in the land of ME's.

Hoping to hear some good news soon about Jason. This was one of the first unidentified cases I read about.

I am Jasons <Reynolds> biological mother. I have submitted to a dna testing to see if it is him. I pray it is not, but I am hoping for closure. Will let all know what happens in the near future. They are telling me it could take up to 8 months to get the results back. Just keep praying that no matter who it is, maybe we can find him his home.

Im praying for you and hope that you find the answers you need to find peace. I too have spent hours looking for someone that might be missing this young Grateful Dead fan. I also think this victim looks shockingly like one of the 24 finalists on American Idol this season. I wondered if he is missing any relatives. I hope for peace in your heart and peace in this young mans soul.

I was wondering. After you submit DNA, as a biological parent...do they put that in a database? It seems if they put DNA of all the unidentified into a data base, once you submitted, if there was a hit on anyone, you would know. Why cant all biological parents who are missing someone submit their DNA and all samples be submitted? I know there is a database for criminals dna, but does the victims DNA go in also????

Sorry if dumb question..but would surely like to know.

I was wondering. After you submit DNA, as a biological parent...do they put that in a database? It seems if they put DNA of all the unidentified into a data base, once you submitted, if there was a hit on anyone, you would know. Why cant all biological parents who are missing someone submit their DNA and all samples be submitted? I know there is a database for criminals dna, but does the victims DNA go in also????

Sorry if dumb question..but would surely like to know.

Yes, the same system that is used for matching crime scene DNA to convicted criminals (i.e., CODIS) is used to match unidentified decedents to missing persons (by way of their relatives' DNA).

I also think this victim looks shockingly like one of the 24 finalists on American Idol this season. I wondered if he is missing any relatives. I hope for peace in your heart and peace in this young mans soul.

I thought the same thing!!! -- I don't remember.. where is the AI finalist from??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimilino01
Back