2011.03.02 Motions Hearing - #2 (PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was the money Cindy's first concern...or what?

No, she was afraid that LE was going to leave and not get any answers from Casey on where Caylee was so she wanted to press charges against Casey for the stolen monies so that she would be in police custody.... she was afraid that once LE left, Casey would just leave the house.

You heard right RR. Like I said, it took her about 3 questions to pull out "exhausted put-upon hard-done-by yet domineering" mode.

And wasn't Jose's first question to George about what a hard time he's having or something like that? :sick:

The parallels in Yuri's testimony, I found amazing.

Didn't it seem suspicious that she didn't report her daughter missing for a month? Jose asked this as did Larry King to Ga and Ca.
Yuri's answer mirrored theirs, "No, not really."
How about nobody living at Sawgrass?
I wasn't aware of that then.
But when you found out noone lived there?
No. Interesting. But not suspicious.
It was as if he was taking Cindy and George's lame answers and slapping them in the face with them.
It was a thwart warming beautiful moment.
Then my friend pointed out that it may not have seemed suspicious that no one lived in the apartment, after all 31 days had passed.

So Baez, in summary, was attacking the detective for trying to trick Casey into thinking she was not under arrest. But according to Baez, Casey SHOULD have been under arrest because her Dad told him about the stink of death in the car trunk, and because she obviously lied about the existence of a nanny, SO LE was wrong for not mirandizing her sooner?

OK. Does that mean they can npw introduce the smell in the trunk, and the defense cannot berate them for jumping on her so early as a suspect?

DID BAEZ JUST HELP THE STATE MORE THAN HE HELPED CASEY?

Oh,ye of little faith! JB is simply getting to the part where we all understand and everything KC did makes sense !:crazy:

So was the money Cindy's first concern...or what?

ETA: Why would you even bring that up after you find out your granddaughter is missing?

According to the young officer, CA expressed to him that she was afraid that KC would leave the house before they had found Caylee. I don't think the theft was CA's first concern, but she was trying to use it to prevent KC from disappearing and never telling her where Caylee was. A "ruse," if you will. Fits nicely with her admission today that she would have sat on KC to keep her from leaving that night.

And wasn't Jose's first question to George about what a hard time he's having or something like that? :sick:

When JB redirected George... he was making it so that it appeared that George wasn't remembering things correctly (because it was so off base with what Cindy had just testified to)... saying that it was just the hardest time of his life... how he could not remember everything... blah.. blah.. blah... that is what I took from those questions Jose asked of George after the State got what they needed from him.

So, here's what I saw... before the hearing the OCSO witnesses, Universal Studios witness and the detectives were in the hallway outside the hearings room when Michelle M. came out and wanted their contact info in case they were dismissed today and needed tomorrow. She began with "last name?" she even said that to John Allen and Yuri!!!! So the witnesses were still standing around when C.Mason got off the elevator and headed toward the hearings room and off-handedly says something cute like - didn't expect a welcoming committee or glad you could be here. When he's entered the hearings room, John Allen says "who was he?" I swear we know more than all them together!! Bob Keeling and Jim L came in together. The witness from Universal Studios made a joke about how well they're doing with the Harry Potter ride and someone suggests a backlot tour showing the "hallway" and gate she came through. (yeah!!) Lee, GA and CA came in together with CA's BFF and the Anthony's attorney. Lee was wearing jeans and a wrinkled untucked shirt. Shortly after the hearing began they all had to go out in the hallway and wait until they'd testified. Lee sat there all day and never got called as well as most of the OCSO witnesses and the guy from Universal. Lee did not appear to have an attorney. I wonder who the fellow was that sat in front of the Anthonys and spoke to them frequently. Someone told me that it was Jeremy Lyons but I thought Jeremy was a black man. (?) Holly Bristow was not present today. CA was wearing a huge diamond looking ring on her right hand. She appeared to have her wedding rings on. She often rubbed GA's back during testimony of the other witnesses. GA has hair loss. His scalp is visible under his hair and this appears to be a new thing. The Anthony's atty was texting on his phone while CA was testifying. Later he got out his IPad and was clicking away during testimony. When CA finished testifying at the recess they did not make eye contact. KC was writing and CA briefly looked her way. When CA was completely finished testifying they did make eye contact and CA mouthed I love you to her. Dorothy Sims sat with KC during the recess in the morning. When Baez came back, he sat with KC and she was making flirty eyes while talking to him. KC watched GA walk to the stand but neither of them looked at each other during or after his testimony. More tomorrow.

HAHA!!! Right away! George's condescending smirks at LDB I found remarkably arrogant and I noticed he has picked up a Kobe Bryantesque expression with his mouth to show his displeasure.

The parallels in Yuri's testimony, I found amazing.

Didn't it seem suspicious that she didn't report her daughter missing for a month? Jose asked this as did Larry King to Ga and Ca.
Yuri's answer mirrored theirs, "No, not really."
How about nobody living at Sawgrass?
I wasn't aware of that then.
But when you found out noone lived there?
No. Interesting. But not suspicious.
It was as if he was taking Cindy and George's lame answers and slapping them in the face with them.
It was a thwart warming beautiful moment.
Then my friend pointed out that it may not have seemed suspicious that no one lived in the apartment, after all 31 days had passed.

BBM

and the word d'jour "curious" .Nothing suspicious here,folks ! Just a bit curious!
I bet Cindy choked on her gum.

Lee Anthony tomorrow, for one.

But couldn't LA have watched the hearing on TV or internet just as we did? So he conceivably could have watched his parents testify. Just wondering why either side would take that risk.

According to the young officer, CA expressed to him that she was afraid that KC would leave the house before they had found Caylee. I don't think the theft was CA's first concern, but she was trying to use it to prevent KC from disappearing and never telling her where Caylee was. A "ruse," if you will. Fits nicely with her admission today that she would have sat on KC to keep her from leaving that night.
That sure says a lot about their real relationship. She was actually giving the officer reasons to arrest her own daughter. Now why would her loving daughter run?

ETA: Can someone please tell me why these people don't understand that it's useless to issue an Amber alert after 31 days?

There was a tape recording of Yuri talking to ICA in the bedroom and his voice was not as CA stated as become more intimadating. Is this not a LIE and can she not be charged on that alone?

Well... what have we all learned today??

Someone is lying about the phone call made to George from Yuri Melich... well, Cindy says it was John Allen who told both herself and George that Casey "might" not be coming home... George states that it was Yuri Melich who called him, while he was driving, and told him that Casey would not be coming home. Yuri states that he remembers no such conversation... at all. Who to believe? Can't wait to hear John Allen's version... something tells me he never said a thing about Casey not coming home.

Hi Lola

I think i remember george say "Yuri Melich did NOT tell him his daughter was not coming home" on that phone call.

I know ive saw and heard him state this clearly but i cant remember whether it was a press interview or a le/depo soory but i do remember him say just that.

so total contradiction from george.

after i have caught up i will try to find where he says this.

sorry if this has been addressed

So let's dish...was it "fun"?

If this is a snipet of the trial, I won't be able to do this for 8 long months..er...weeks. 2 days to cover a darn motion? RUKidding me? Nope - no way, no how. I won't be able to get through the front door, and you'll hear that my bedroom wall is being removed to get me out because I haven't moved for weeks on end. Just 1 day, and I'm already feeling it in my butt and legs.

I think I might have to distance myself, and rely on late night summaries! It's like a drug addict...I need ICA rehab!

MOO

Mel

I have been addicted to this story ever since it broke. I never read blogs or wrote in forums, throw in my 2 cents worth but this case has me spellbound and speechless.

I cannot believe the amount of time (since July 2008) I have invested in reading news, streaming status hearings, Nancy Gracing, LKL, Casey Anthony 48 Hours Mysteries –the list is endless. But today’s performances made it hugely worthwhile. Some of Baez’s questions to Yuri Melich were breathtaking, literally! If that was my Defense Lawyer, I would have sacked him a long time ago. Why not point out that I’m a liar, a thief, so beneath human kindness as to not just lie, but lie to a police officer who is trying to help you find your child!

Sometimes I think I could have learned a foreign language and I would be fluent by now if I had studied Spanish or French or Mandarin for as long as I have studied this case!

Great day though, looking forward to replay and tomorrow!

Great comments you guys, so many like minded people!

Well, it's about time you got here! Welcome! :)

Anyone have a link to Yuri's testimony? I had to leave during the end and it sounded like i missed some good stuff. Thanks!

When JB redirected George... he was making it so that it appeared that George wasn't remembering things correctly (because it was so off base with what Cindy had just testified to)... saying that it was just the hardest time of his life... how he could not remember everything... blah.. blah.. blah... that is what I took from those questions Jose asked of George after the State got what they needed from him.

Like anyone would believe his "I don't recalls'- I bet they have been studying up on the depos and interviews for the last few weeks so as to get their stories straight. They couldnt manage it today though...:woohoo:

The fellow I sat next to commented during Yuri's testimony that Baez was ripping into that untrustworthy detective. "a new cop could estimate the weight and height of John Allen".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrskrash2012