2011.03.02 Motions Hearing - #2 (PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and what was with George saying the worst/most traumatic day of his life with/for his family was seeing ICA in handcuffs?????? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Yes, he really said that. I almost put my fist through my computer screen!

It was the most traumatic day of his life, because he knew then and there, the moment he smelled that car, that his Grandaughter was dead. Otherwise one would think that the day they found poor little Caylees skeletonized remains thrown away in a trashbag in a swamp blocks from his house would be the big traumatic one.

It was the most traumatic day of his life, because he knew then and there, the moment he smelled that car, that his Grandaughter was dead. Otherwise one would think that the day they found poor little Caylees skeletonized remains thrown away in a trashbag in a swamp blocks from his house would be the big traumatic one.

Get out of my head! :floorlaugh:

You will notice that HHJP did admonish the witnesses not to be observing the proceedings via modern technological means until they had given their testimony. So it is something that he is definately looking for.

(Oh and JB! I really really hope that if you were shooting text messages of CA's testimony out to MM and GA, that you had the good sense to make sure your iPad was in 3g mode, and not using the courthouses WiFi. Because text messing is not encrypted and can easily be monitored by the counties IT department. And it would not surprise me if HHJP is smart enough to ask them about it.)
But, the witnesses were not in the room when HHJP admonished folks not to observe or use modern technology. They were outside the courtroom in the hallway.

http://www.wftv.com/video/27056991/index.html

Around 15:30; shows her "writing". She's not writing nuthin!! She's trying to show YM she is so unconcerned about anything he has to say!! She is doodling! Look at the expression on her face. She "writes" at the top of the page, flips the page under (I can't quite make it out), then writes at the bottom. She's crazy!

eta: Is this what she's going to do during her trial? It makes her look completely unconcerned about what is going on around her! Oh, a trial for my life? Caylee who? I must get the detail on this cartoon correct!

Gawd Yuri is so yummy!

Gawd Yuri is so yummy!

Listening to him, I was taken aback at just how odd this must have seemed to them. So easy to look at this in hindsight and see all of her lies, but to be there at that moment and learning and uncovering all of this...I just can't imagine how affronted they were to have this mother purposefully lying to them. And what is their first reaction? Compassion. IMO when that didn't seem to hold any stock with her, they realized they were dealing with another Susan Smith.

BBM

That's the day they were treated to a special dinner at the best hotel in town.:banghead:
After my son died I had to be reminded to eat.

Listening to him, I was taken aback at just how odd this must have seemed to them. So easy to look at this in hindsight and see all of her lies, but to be there at that moment and learning and uncovering all of this...I just can't imagine how affronted they were to have this mother purposefully lying to them. And what is their first reaction? Compassion. IMO when that didn't seem to hold any stock with her, they realized they were dealing with another Susan Smith.

I don't know for sure enough to say they thought they had another Susan Smith, because Susan caved pretty quickly, but I was really very very impressed with how just fascinated Yuri was with ICA's behavior.:poke: -

He was objective - you know - I mean neither hot nor cold about her answers, but clearly he is mesmerized by how she was lying over and over again while facing the results that it was clear she was lying - he just couldn't grasp what she was up to. :waitasec: Getting caught in a lie had no effect on her at all.

To me it felt like he was saying - wow - this is so interesting - and curious - what is going on here and where will it lead? He was thinking - This is all so strange - this wasn't in any of the courses I've taken. :waitasec: What I did not think he was thinking was - I'm going to make this B. talk and I'm going to pull out all the stops to accomplish that.

I don't know for sure enough to say they thought they had another Susan Smith, because Susan caved pretty quickly, but I was really very very impressed with how just fascinated Yuri was with ICA's behavior.:poke: -

He was objective - you know - I mean neither hot nor cold about her answers, but clearly he as mesmerized by how she was lying over and over again while facing the results that it was clear she was lying - he just couldn't grasp what she was up to. :waitasec: Getting caught in a lie had no effect on her at all.

To me it felt like he was saying - wow - this is so interesting - and curious - what is going on here and where will it lead? He was thinking - This is all so strange - this wasn't in any of the courses I've taken. :waitasec: What I did not think he was thinking was - I'm going to make this B. talk and I'm going to pull out all the stops to accomplish that.

And doesn't this nicely sum up OUR fascination with this case?

And doesn't this nicely sum up OUR fascination with this case?

Oh oh - Nailed it! And me!!!! :blushing:

I keep thinking - if I could just "get" it!!! I think I have - then everything shifts......:waitasec:

Two years later I am still......well......y'know!

Have they released the taped interview YM did with ICA that night at the house. The one they kept talking about today. I would love to hear this tape.

Anyone know if we have it?

Well, that's it for me for today. Quarter to six in the morning comes early for me - so I'll say :eek:fftobed: :bedtime:- I'm off to :countsheep: so I can be ready to :skip: and :woot: and :snowball: plus :silly: and of course :giggle: with more :silly: for sure I'll get hot :hot:and at times I will :pullhair: so :seeya: in the morning and :tyou: to all the posters today!!

Yikes this thread is 51 pages long and I already lived through the hearing live so to cut to the chase, does anybody know if our legal experts have weighed in on WTH kind of defense JB was putting on today?
What was it a week or maybe 2 ago he wanted all references to his client being a liar supressed and today it's all he talked about.
Does anyone have a theory? I have no idea what to think.

He was objective - you know - I mean neither hot nor cold about her answers, but clearly he is mesmerized by how she was lying over and over again while facing the results that it was clear she was lying - he just couldn't grasp what she was up to. :waitasec: Getting caught in a lie had no effect on her at all.

I tagged both of your posts because I think they are hinting around something that we in hindsight don't often fully realize. Or we do but the subtlety of it gets a little lost on us over time.

Cops, especially a seasoned investigator like Yuri Melick are used to being lied to. They are used to being misled or people making up stories or excuses. This is a normal day on the job for them. But even given that there was something just so far outside the norm with KC as to be pretty much a once in a career experience. I mean there are things that assorted people who encounter cops will lie about. But the stuff KC was coming up with? and the smooth fluidity of rolling from one to the next. It's disarming. It takes a bit of time for it to sink in. Lets not forget that YM was probably one of the first true authority figures to fully call her out on it. But even though he knew that something was beyond hinky here it still was so far outside the norm that it did take some time to get his head around. As some of KC's friends have testified concerning her lies "Why would someone lie about the stuff she did?" Why would anyone, even the most heinous perp lie about a missing 2 year old, and then lead the cops on a grand tour through non existent nanny apartments and Universal Studios. I mean just think how utterly surreal that was.

I mean think about that Universal trip from the cops perspective. Sure they may think that the mother, the last person to see or have control of the child is the key to it all. They may even suspect her vaguely of something (but unless I am mistaken being suspicious of something is not a valid reason to mirandize someone? But the person is "cooperating with them" Why would she be taking them to Universal Studios, her supposed place of employment, unless it was for some purpose? In their experience not even the most determined liars would take it that far with no way out from their story. I mean "Why would she lie about something like that?"

I can't believe what I just heard. I've spent the greater part of the evening catching up on the hearings..just finished watching the first tape of Yuri being cross-examined. I'm dumbfounded. I know the point Baez was trying to make, but jeesh...why not make your client look even worse. If the media ever questions him about this, I can only imagine what he would say... Casey only lied 'cause she was protecting her family.

ETA: whatever happened to going to Universal to get her "other" phone?

I can't believe what I just heard. I've spent the greater part of the evening catching up on the hearings..just finished watching the first tape of Yuri being cross-examined. I'm dumbfounded. I know the point Baez was trying to make, but jeesh...why not make your client look even worse. If the media ever questions him about this, I can only imagine what he would say... Casey only lied 'cause she was protecting her family.

ETA: whatever happened to going to Universal to get her "other" phone?

You gotta admit, there is a certain insane chutzpah to using a "Everything single thing my client said to you really was a lie officer, so why didn't you just arrest her?" defense.

Lights Out! Closing up shop for the night.

Gotta open tomorrow's thread in just a few hours. lol

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members