17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where, might I ask, are you getting information about what is, or isn't, in the autopsy report?

Don't you find it odd that for a kid with a pipe and alleged pot baggie, he had no drugs in his system at autopsy? It's detectable in your system for at least a month after use.

I don't really need to believe TM was a perfect kid to believe that he is a victim here - JMO.

The link to the 911 call has been posted at least 100 times if not more on Trayvon's threads. There has been much discussion as to this and many news articles about it as well.

~jmo~

I did read & hear the 911 call but Did NOT hear any coon words on the 911 call.
and your post did not help refer me to any such thing. Just because you had discussed it
I was not here, Can someone kindly refer me to such a link?

Was his current suspension for "the baggie?' Certainly they didn't wait till now to suspend him for something that happened in Oct.

That was last October.

I did read & hear the 911 call but Did NOT hear any coon words on the 911 call.
and your post did not help refer me to any such thing. Just because you had discussed it
I was not here, Can someone kindly refer me to such a link?

Song, that word has been bandied about by folks who feel they hear GZ say it under his breath. CNN even tried to enhance and their staff could not agree what, if anything, they heard.

As far as I know the use of those words by GZ is speculation but not fact.

It's a discussion of the overall character of how this story has been twisted by the media.

Not really relevant, actually.

How many political figures, entertainment figures, college students, past presidents and yes, even LE in their youth smoked pot? If they had to answer truthful on an application, 'have you ever smoked pot' no one would have a job. What TM had on him was not enough to arrest him. I'm sure his dad laid him out in lavender when he found out. Pot is not a major crime unless you are carrying around a bale of it in your trunk. LE is not interested in casual pot smokers, I know my husband wasn't and that was back in the 70's when everyone was doing it and it was considered "major" then..... Now if there was a suspension for fighting on school property where TM jumped a kid without provocation and banged the kids head on the floor.....that would be major news. Kids are kids, boys will be boys and it's clear GZ was aware of what he was doing but TM had no idea what GZ was up to. jmo

Zimmerman was not by his car, and would not agree to meet officers at his home or at the mailbox. He wanted to be called when the officers got there, so he could tell them where he was at.

Those things suggest to me that he was on the move. :moo::twocents:

Except he was on the move when dispatch told him to stop, and by all accounts, he did. There's no saying how far he had traveled across that narrow path when dispatch knocked some sense into him.

No, oddly enough he wasn't. I guess Miami PD have bigger fish to fry, but it's a crime and he wouldn't have gotten away with that here.

He'd be at an alternative school for 6 weeks and headed to adult criminal court.

The fact that Miami PD has chosen not to follow up when they discover him committing a crime doesn't mean he's innocent.

It is odd that some people think that because TM was not charged for possession that must mean there was insufficient evidence but then turn around and reverse that logic about no charges being filed against GZ.

IMO, it is quite plausible that whoever found the (alleged) paraphernalia on TM was trying to cut him some slack. (And there's nothing wrong with cutting a teenager slack.)

JMO, MOO, OMO, etc.

Looks like the school baord of the schools Martin attended follow regulations as well as the Sanford Police Department. Just because he wasn't charged doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Was he charged for these crimes? Was he charged with having a burglary tool? Was he charged with having the jewelry? Was he charged with having the marijuana and the pipe?

~jmo~

It made me wonder if for some reason he went over to the parallel street, to maybe see if he saw him dart across to the back gate, or even check the address of that house for some bizarre reason (I'm not saying it makes sense). That would be the most logical conclusion, I feel.

I can see him, wanting to sound cool to the cops, wanting to be able to say something like, "Yeah, he disappeared between *advertiser censored* Twin Trees and *advertiser censored* Retreat Cir". I dunno. That's just pure conjecture, but I believe he walked over to the other street for a second for some reason or another, and on his way back to his vehicle was when the confrontation occurred.

The problem I have with that is the following:

Zimmerman got out of his SUV to follow Trayvon on foot. When a dispatch employee asked Zimmerman if he was following the 17-year-old, Zimmerman said yes. The dispatcher told Zimmerman he did not need to do that.

There is about a one-minute gap during which police say they're not sure what happened.

Zimmerman told them he lost sight of Trayvon and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from the left rear, and they exchanged words.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com..._1_miami-schools-punch-unarmed-black-teenager

One minute between getting out of his SUV and walking back to his SUV leaves very little room for any exploration, on foot, of other streets or gates.

After losing sight of his quarry, he supposedly headed back to his vehicle AND the direction of the mail boxes, where he told the dispatcher he would wait for LE. BOTH of which are in the OPPOSITE direction of the body's location for his necessary path of travel to get there.

http://www.npr.org/2012/03/26/149404276/op-ed-why-i-wrote-stand-your-ground-law

Florida State Representative Dennis Baxley joins us on the phone from Ocala, Florida. He was the prime sponsor of Stand Your Ground. In a piece for Fox News, he wrote he still considers that a good law, but that from what he's seen it does not apply in the Trayvon Martin case. And, Representative Baxley, nice to have you on TALK OF THE NATION today.

STATE REPRESENTATIVE DENNIS BAXLEY: Thank you very much. Glad to be with you.

CONAN: And again, we don't know all the details of the confrontation. What makes you think that Stand Your Ground does not apply to George Zimmerman's defense?

BAXLEY: Well, simply because if you carefully read the statute, which most of the critics have not, and read the legislative analysis, there's nothing in this statute that authorizes you to pursue or confront other people. If anything, this law would have protected the victim in this case; it could have.

CONAN: It could have.

BAXLEY: So - and in fact, the gentleman - Mr. Zimmerman's attorney, who when he first appeared on CNN the other night, he actually said he was not going to use this statute. The governor, Jeb Bush, has said it does not apply.

CONAN: That's the previous governor.

entire interview at link.

The problem I have with that is the following:

One minute between getting out of his SUV and walking back to his SUV leaves very little room for any exploration, on foot, of other streets or gates.

After losing sight of his quarry, he supposedly headed back to his vehicle AND the direction of the mail boxes, where he told the dispatcher he would wait for LE. BOTH of which are in the OPPOSITE direction of the body's location for his necessary path of travel to get there.

It occurred to me that he lost sight of Martin, and may have actually continued onto the other street when dispatch then told him to stop. This would align perfectly with everything. He was apparently jogging or walking hurriedly, and I don't think it would have taken much time to cover that little section of path. It's very likely he pulled up right next to the path, got out, and then jogged/hustled down it. When he didn't see Martin, he kept going hoping to see him cut through somewhere (get the address of where the individual was headed, maybe?) when dispatch told him to stop. He then headed back to his vehicle.

Except he was on the move when dispatch told him to stop, and by all accounts, he did. There's no saying how far he had traveled across that narrow path when dispatch knocked some sense into him.

Could you refer to me to one account that says he stopped pursuit?

Everything I have read is to the contrary---in earlier threads the common thing to say was that GZ was not ordered to stop, it was simply a "suggestion".

I'm not sure how that has evolved into people now asserting that GZ did stop pursuit. If that's been linked, I missed it...

TIA

:moo::twocents:

He did have $22 with him. Much more than he needed for skittles and tea.

Now having twenty bucks on you is suspicious?! When I go to the store for a gallon of milk I don't go through my wallet, take the twenty out and return the five because I only need a gallon of milk. I keep my walking around money in my wallet, not my piggy bank. Besides, Trayvon's piggy bank was pretty far away.
Also, i don't know when the last time you or your former teens bought pot was, but it is legal here and twenty bucks really won't get you far. No pot was found on Trayvon, Zimmerman certainly didn't mention seeing him smoking anything, hard to mix a batch of pot brownies on the way home from the store. Moo

Song, that word has been bandied about by folks who feel they hear GZ say it under his breath. CNN even tried to enhance and their staff could not agree what, if anything, they heard.

As far as I know the use of those words by GZ is speculation but not fact.
THANK YOU - I knew it was nothing I heard...

why are people referring to GZ stalker? are there any eye witnesses that say they saw GZ stalking TM?

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalking"]Stalking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Stalking behaviors are related to harassment and intimidation and may include following the victim in person and/or monitoring them.

I guess because that could have been the way TM perceived what GZ was doing.

How about The Washington Post, quoting The Miami Herald?

"According to the Miami Herald, a marijuana pipe was listed, along with the baggie, in a school report on the incident. And Martin was suspended four months earlier for writing graffiti on school grounds, the Herald reported."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...tin-shooting/2012/03/27/gIQAp0bWeS_story.html

Er, you may have had to live in the UK to know this, but the Daily Fail newpaper is about as reliable as the National Enquirer is here. Its an entertainment rag, and a chunk of the entertainment it provides is to sensationalize news from the USA. It feeds into the European stereotype of all of America as lawless cross between the Wild West and the 'Hood.

I'd prefer a US link to above mentioned "marijuana pipe". Generally, if you're caught with that at school you're expelled entirely, not suspended.

It is odd that some people think that because TM was not charged for possession that must mean there was insufficient evidence but then turn around and reverse that logic about no charges being filed against GZ.

IMO, it is quite plausible that whoever found the (alleged) paraphernalia on TM was trying to cut him some slack. (And there's nothing wrong with cutting a teenager slack.)

JMO, MOO, OMO, etc.

If he was charged with possession, his lawyer may have a good case for throwing it out depending on who searched Trayvon's bag and under what circumstances. The same would apply for the jewelry. IMO

Could you refer to me to one account that says he stopped pursuit?

Everything I have read is to the contrary---in earlier threads the common thing to say was that GZ was not ordered to stop, it was simply a "suggestion".

I'm not sure how that has evolved into people now asserting that GZ did stop pursuit. If that's been linked, I missed it...

TIA

:moo::twocents:
You can tell from the 911 tape. He's clearly hustling, you can hear it in his voice, he's breathing heavily. The dispatcher says they don't need him to do that, and he says "okay". There's no longer the shakiness of his voice, and he's clearly talking to the dispatcher, giving him a name (which appears to be when he sounds like he got a little winded) and phone number (when he talks like normal). JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge