LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong, but the 1:47 was the Versailles photo of MS. If there was MSM saying this truck pic was taken at 1:47, I missed it.
Correct. Mickey was seen on Versailles at 1:47 and she was seen again at 1:48 near the Circle K. No time on the truck.

Surely someone parked at the gas station would have seen a girl get mowed down by a truck...although an interesting thought.

I think the people at Circle K would have heard it too. The bike and Mickey being hit and dragged wouldn't be silent.

Surely someone parked at the gas station would have seen a girl get mowed down by a truck...although an interesting thought.

If everyone at the Circle K were drunk or high, they might not notice.

I've been reading to see if it's even possible to be hit and a body to go under a truck or car, not that I believe that it happened in Mickey's case but here is a story that will make you at least think that it could happen.

SIOUX CITY, IA -
An update on a bicyclist who was hit and dragged more than 100 feet by a truck in Sioux City is an incredible tale of survival.

After weeks of surgery in a Minneapolis hospital, Monday Billy Kammerer was back in Sioux City.

William Kammerer is very sore, but says he's glad to be back in Sioux City and seeing his girlfriend for the first time in 3 weeks.

<modsnip>
http://www.kmeg.com/story/18578208/bicyclist-hit-dragged-by-truck-back-in-sioux-city

You can absolutely be hit and dragged underneath a car. But my EMT friend was very specific about how that happens. And you do not go IMMEDIATELY under the wheels of the car if you are on a bike, in an upright position, when you are first hit. You would FIRST be thrown in the air, maybe land on the hood or windshield, and then might end up falling off and be dragged under the wheels.

But that gif showed her going from standing upright, to instantly being on the ground under the tires. And my paramedic friend , who has seen many accidents with bikes and cars, said that to be under the front wheels immediately, as shown in the gif, she would have had to be crouching down or laying in the road. In other words, it depends totally upon where the point of impact was upon her body.

Correct. Mickey was seen on Versailles at 1:47 and she was seen again at 1:48 near the Circle K. No time on the truck.

Does anyone know why there was no time on the truck? was it a different camera that had messed up time set??

I personally inspected that asphalt and it is brand new and pristine. It would have to be a heck of a trick of physics to do what is "shown" in wodalo's .gif, without leaving a mark on the asphalt. New asphalt is soft.

DSCN2405.jpg

DSCN2406.jpg

bbm: Uh, Chicken -- just how "brand new" are we talking?

Ok, somebody please get us straight on when the road was paved over, before I get in my car and head that way! It ain't gonna be pretty if I do!

The road was paved over shortly after.

No, that can't be right. It was paved before. You can see where they laid the new asphalt on St. Landry at the University intersection. You can see where it stops about 3-5 feet in front of the truck. It think that jives with the photos that Chicken took.

re: one guard stopped her and told her how unsafe it was to be out there at night

Chicken fried, did the guard go into detail as to why it was unsafe in that area at night?

That area is not especially safe. Not dangerous. Sort of medium. I think she was referring to a pretty blonde girl on her own riding through the streets at 2 a.m.

No, I read it wrong, he did say in the last couple of days, I took it as after she went missing. My apologies. You might want to delete what I said in your quotes.

I read it too and to me it seemed it could have been done two or three days ago.

margins blown again (sorry to complain but it makes it hard to read/follow/even hit the thanks button)\

going to look at other cases or gasp! do RL stuff...

IMO...just my opinion......if the family were comfortable with le...they wouldn't hire a private investigator. I don't think confidence in le is very high right now. There's not even a cohesive effort amongst members of the same le agency IMO.......I am close and I feel unsafe! Straight up!.

Given the chaos at City Hall which almost perfectly coincided with the MS disappearance, it's not difficult to see why public confidence in city LE is low.

My knowing that the FBI is involved does, however, give me some bit of hope. I know quite a few folks with the Bureau, including a neighbor of mine. Those guys are badasses.

When TES left the other day, somebody posted a link to an article about Julius, I think -- and it mentioned his mother was hoping TES would come help.

Yup it was posted but it did make me wonder if TES did actually leave.

Maybe some of the team did and certain ones remained.

It would not be the first time TES has tried to stay under the radar while searching...

I would like to think if people did see something they would tell LE, but considering the time of night it was and being drunk or high they may not. I know where I live there are many disgusting things that go on every day in front of people who never say a peep because of their feelings for the police or fear of retaliation from the guilty party

(Just for the record - I'm sure many are like me and have been lurking/thanking but not speaking because we're trying to balance work and reading these threads. Glad to see all that everyone here is still doing, and even happier to see that TES is coming back. All the hope in the world for Mickey and her family!)

If TES finds Mickey now, it won't be good news...
If she is alive, she must be on private property, inside a house or building, not where TES can go...

But I just hope she is found.

This was Chicken's post, #586

The road work sign was still there. The asphalt was laid in the last couple days.

Not one tiny scrape on it? Well, I suppose it's possible. But the supposed "rundown" shows the bike on its side all the way up under the bumper, with "bike" and "rider" fully under the front of the truck. So I guess she's all the way up under the front, basically the bike's almost in contact with the RF tire, but the truck just happens to be caught at the exact moment it stopped moving forward? She's that far under that the oil pan AND the skid plate that I think Z71s have, but neither those nor the frame touched her hard enough to press down on the bike with enough forward force to drag a single metal part forward hard enough to make a scratch. I suppose it's possible... but it seems to me to be a heck of a miraculous, low-percentage physics play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb