CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another curious case of a "private" woman.

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/a...ed-off-woman-s-body-from-shallow-grave-police
She died more than two years ago and nobody, save the person who was supposed to be caring for her, knew.

She was left outside for several days, according to a court document, before being buried in a shallow grave on a rural Stoney Creek property. The spot was never marked, never visited.

She never had a funeral or an obituary.

Little is known about Shirley Treadwell’s life, but her death has been the centre of a police investigation since this summer."

OMG how sad is that...I went on to read the link and charges have been laid in the Treadwell case

Woman charged with disposing of aunt's body, taking her disability
Evans is charged with improperly interfering with Treadwell’s remains, fraud over $5,000 for allegedly collecting her disability benefits, and forging cheques

This Treadwell case makes me ask some questions:

- how was Audrey receiving her pensions?

- by direct deposit in her bank account(s) at the Credit Union?

- or by mail in the infamous mailbox?

- were her cheques (of any kind) ever stolen or tampered with?

- how and with whom did Audrey pay her income taxes?

- she would have to declare something, did she prepare her taxes herself and send them on computer using a programme like QuikTax?

- did someone else have access to Audrey's yearly income tax returns?

Hmmm......:twocents:

Wondering if AG was of interest to this organization?
Oct.2009
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/716990--stasi-spies-coveted-fake-canadian-leather

"OTTAWA – In the twilight of the Cold War, East German spies scooped up Canadian scientific secrets on everything from cutting-edge military technology to the manufacture of imitation leather and welding rods, new research shows.

The Stasi, the massive intelligence arm of the now-defunct German Democratic Republic, also obtained confidences of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, including the names of employees and dealings with American spy services.

One shadowy agent codenamed Siegfried diligently collected dozens of pieces of documentation such as residence and work permits – information spies could later use to slip into Canada"

Snip.

"It also wanted to acquire data about – and actual examples of – items including fake leather, heavy-duty sacks, welding rods and a 1982-era circuit board from Bell Laboratories.

Nineteen intelligence reports were traced to an agent codenamed Erich, who reported on National Defence and the agency now known as Defence Research and Development Canada.

"He provides intelligence on the Canadian military technology, going into great detail. Almost without exception, his reports were sent to the Soviet intelligence service," Muller-Enbergs says.

"But the source of this intelligence was not Canadian – it was a female clerk, working at the West German Federal Ministry of Defence in Bonn."

More questions about money:

- did Audrey carry credit cards?

- if so, did she pay her bills online?

- how did she pay her household bills (telephone, internet, TV, water, heat,etc.).......online?

- did she often write cheques to various people?

:twocents:

http://www.680news.com/news/local/article/423202--police-say-78-year-old-woman-murdered-was-targeted

TORONTO, Ont. - The death of 78-year-old Manijeh Bostani-Khamsi is being treated as a homicide. Her body was found inside an apartment complex Saturday.

“The question is why,” Det. Mike Carbone said at a news conference on Monday. Investigators are still searching for a suspect.

Manijeh Bostani-Khamsi, was found dead in her home at 215 Wynford Dr., near Eglinton Avenue East and the Don Valley Parkway, around 9:20 a.m. on Saturday.

The woman was a widow and had been living on her own for the past decade. She was seen going about her regular routine on Wednesday. Police say an unknown person entered her apartment sometime on Friday where an altercation occurred and she was murdered.

An autopsy was completed on Sunday, but police are withholding the cause of death for the time being. Carbone would only say that she was found with signs of trauma.

He said police want neighbors who may have seen the victim or noticed anything out of the ordinary on Friday

Have heard this before but it was brought to mind recently while watching an episode of Criminal Minds ... to the effect that "as the age of the victim goes up, the age of the perp goes down".

I agree with sillybilly about the age thing. I'd say that at the time of Audrey's murder, the perp was somewhere in between the ages of 15 - 25. I'd say more in the middle-ish - like about 18 - 21.

This is off the wall - not long ago I was trying to come up with how the same person(s) could be responsible for AG's murder and SV's murder as some think may be the case. This was after noticing it's pretty much a straight line between Orangeville and Lynden.

I came up with a Christmas toy drive. The same person(s) travelling around drumming up interest in buying toys for families in need? People would be inclined to trust someone distributing toys.

Now the headlines in Toronto are how the Salvation Army was ripped off for $2 million or so in toy donations over the last 2 years.

Not that I think the toys were stolen for the purpose of killing people, but how did the perpetrator of this massive theft distribute the stolen toys? Who did he use?

An arrest seems imminent (the head of the Salvation Army warehouse has been fired) so it will be interesting to see what happened to the toys.

Truth is always stranger than fiction.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/1291249--will-salvation-army-recover-from-massive-theft

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/cri...anno-salvation-army-suffers-a-kick-in-the-gut

I have sometimes wondered (probably like everyone else here) if Audrey uncovered some plot (not unlike the Scrooge-like theft item Woodland posted) that caused someone to get really, really angry...Maybe SV found out something too and was going to be a whistle-blower.
Both dealt with kids and science, both were independent childless women,
both (AG at one time) were active in sports, did both deal with the same charities?

Falling in line with the two posts above, I also have been wondering right from the beginning why Audrey was killed at the Christmas/New Year's season. And to tie it in with SV - remember she worked with children at that camp. Audrey was a teacher of young people, too.

Was SL involved at all with a young person's charity/event?

I'm one of those people who thinks that these murders/attacks are linked to the same perp.

Hmmmm........... :snowflake:

Wish I had more time to keep things straight even in these few cases I look at.

This from The Spectator May 22nd 2011

There was no sign of forced entry at the townhouse and police don’t believe her killing was random.

Police had phoned the family later that Monday when Sonia didn’t show up for work at noon.

Michele thinks back to that Sunday, the last time she saw her daughter alive. There was lunch at the family home in Bolton and later a message left on the phone.

“She asked if I would bake a cake because a friend was coming from Jasper, Alberta, on Wednesday,” Michele says.

That was the last she heard of Sonia’s voice. She longs to hear the message again. If only she hadn’t deleted it."

Just thinking of recent comments here on the cake in Audrey's case by NSU and others.

Just a little more about S.A....
"The 51-year-old bespectacled man at the centre of the Salvation Army scandal involving the alleged theft of $2 million worth of toys is known by friends and colleagues as a consummate professional and part-time teacher with a love of motorcycles.

David Rennie, former executive director of the Salvation Army’s Railside Rd. warehouse, shares a 29th floor penthouse apartment near Yonge and Eglinton with his common-law spouse, Diane Wang, a certified accountant and financial controller with the Royal Ontario Museum"

Just in, many of the toys have just been recovered from a Brampton warehouse.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/1292597--salvation-army-toys-recovered-by-police

Just a little more about S.A....
"The 51-year-old bespectacled man at the centre of the Salvation Army scandal involving the alleged theft of $2 million worth of toys is known by friends and colleagues as a consummate professional and part-time teacher with a love of motorcycles.

David Rennie, former executive director of the Salvation Army’s Railside Rd. warehouse, shares a 29th floor penthouse apartment near Yonge and Eglinton with his common-law spouse, Diane Wang, a certified accountant and financial controller with the Royal Ontario Museum"

Just in, many of the toys have just been recovered from a Brampton warehouse.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/1292597--salvation-army-toys-recovered-by-police

Will be interesting to find out who owned/leased the warehouse space.

"Love of motorcycles" ?? Hmmm ... sounds like it was fairly big operation. I have to wonder if he was contributing the items to an annual Christmas toy run to enhance the image of certain "gentlemen motorcycle enthusiasts clubs".

I've been pondering the motorcycle thing.

To ask ourselves:

- isn't Brampton fairly close to Orangeville and not all that far from Lyndon?

- wouldn't mortorcycle guys/people also be interested in muscle cars?

- would this person (who's involved in the SA debacle) have had contact with SV and also with Audrey?

- this man was a former teacher!

Connections........:dunno:

I have too many theories in the AG case one of them involves two women gay lovers though both married with children motive money and hate one living in Ancaster one grew up there they have a history in fraud of the elderly and probably homicide of the elderly masked as natural deaths. I am not dreaming this up but have to leave it at that in terms of specifics for now.

I have a question: assuming that the conjecture that an intimate body portion of the victim was taken by the killer, just assuming from the cryptic remarks of LE and media then...

Is there a precedent for WOMEN rather than men who are conflicted about their sexual orientation to feel rage for another woman anatomically etc.? Or is this unlikely?

I've been pondering the motorcycle thing.

To ask ourselves:

- isn't Brampton fairly close to Orangeville and not all that far from Lyndon?

- wouldn't mortorcycle guys/people also be interested in muscle cars?

- would this person (who's involved in the SA debacle) have had contact with SV and also with Audrey?

- this man was a former teacher!

Connections........:dunno:

So far, with what we have, I think this is very very tenous. But I agree he can't get rid of 2 million in toys without help and it probably involves some criminal element, cooperation with them.

The P.K. angle: in the amateur linguistic analysis I did of some of his statements it did appear he was more or less bleeding guilty thoughts. But I think that means that if he was guilty he would have a great deal of trouble keeping it together talking to LE. Ditto at the funeral he talks quickly, emotionally as someone said, says too much. But I think LE would have been able to lay charges by now if he was involved. He is not being the calm cool customer you might expect if he was psychopathic or psychotic and guilty - he is pretty fractured, upset.

The key thing about where Audrey lives is that it is kind of remote. And although she was more sociable than suggested in media it would be still true to say that she spent a lot of time at home it seems. How would a perp find both Sonia and Audrey and why? Of course it is possible we are missing something.

Response to some of Chorley's points:

- both SV and AG could have had their computers hacked or they could have visited the same websites and on those sites they met their killer (perhaps he stalks 'female sites' like baking, knitting, etc.)

[modsnip]

- I don't know how to respond to the point about ambiguous sexuality - but it would seem logical that all of us have the same feelings towards the gender we are attracted to - both good and negative feelings.

Thoughts on this?

I have too many theories in the AG case one of them involves two women gay lovers though both married with children motive money and hate one living in Ancaster one grew up there they have a history in fraud of the elderly and probably homicide of the elderly masked as natural deaths. I am not dreaming this up but have to leave it at that in terms of specifics for now.

I have a question: assuming that the conjecture that an intimate body portion of the victim was taken by the killer, just assuming from the cryptic remarks of LE and media then...

Is there a precedent for WOMEN rather than men who are conflicted about their sexual orientation to feel rage for another woman anatomically etc.? Or is this unlikely?

Good point about whether women have been known to express "anatomical" rage at another woman, must research that angle a bit..
I do know that some women express (sexual, jealous) rage against other
female's hair - pulling, setting fire to,throwing gum at, but mostly cutting it off. I wonder if there has been a case where a female's hair has been lopped off and the aggressor actually runs off with the trophy?!

OT: News conference re the SA theft says toys were found in 4 GTA locations and more arrests are expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hardsaf