NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks - thank you - thanks so much!! ( K, T, and B + (smile)

Obvi, this is also for the heavy hitters we've been able to share cyber-space with,,, the Mega-Sleuths. Thanks for the high level brain waves.

Does anyone know how far Bucks County PA is from the Metro area?

I am assessing thread #2, but , and I know we've been trying to engineer one... if we could employ a map so we could calculate - based upon a set of different figures - the greatest standard deviation which would result - if a trip were taken - a 4.5 hour trip... we can see how far a car could travel in 2+ hours - then return.

Low on the priority list _ and I promise to figure out how to get one up an running.

Respectfully yours - always.

The Gajonka

Bucks county is about 2 hours from the metropolitan NYC area-I live in Westchester county NY and it takes me 2 1/2 hours to get to my parents' house in Doylestown. Kind of depends which side of the bridge you are on, and how fast you drive

Let me add to what Bessie mentioned...

It is okay to say that his reaction to what happened doesn't make sense. Like, I would think that he would have been searching for her or he would have pressed her mom and LE to get the missing persons filed as soon as possible, but he didn't. You can say you think that is strange, but you cannot go as far as to say he is the one responsible for her disappearance. She could just as easily have been abducted by a stranger, as far as we know.

<thanks>

I think... collectively, we have a bifurcated approach to generating specific yields.

38 YEARS have passed. There should be no discomfort in re-visiting this event, answering questions, being cordial, professional.
Yield one: To determine the reasons for what has become an enormous red flag: the LE report – or lack thereof. To learn answers to questions related to a missing person.

Hypothetical:
There is a heat-wave in your town. The local beat reporter hits the pavement - she tours the community, snapping photos, conducting interviews - keeping notes. She jumps in her van at 3:00 p.m. to beat the New York traffic ( I joke with my friends from CA - NY traff is the worst - we need another lane). The next day, she is about to send her write-up and accompanying photos to her editor, davey Davidson (yes, remember - this is just a hypothetical) As she fingers through the photos - one stands out. She considers tossing it. As she waves it back in forth in her had, she reflects upon whether or not to include it in her docket. The photo is of two people near the town pool. Person A is smiling and holding a poland spring bottle of water while the other is prtially obstructed by the pool equipment.

Intermission

( FYI - if you've ever been in a supermarket during the summer - you may have had n experience similar to the one I've had. I remember getting ready to pick a line to wait on - when I noticed that everyone ahead of me had toted a Poland Spring water product of some type ( 6 oz bottles, six pack, gallon, 24 pack, etc) up for check-out. This was the day when I said - wow- Poland Spring must be making alot of Money since Americans are buying the water up - good brand loyalty -efficient brand recognition. This is when I learned that NESTLE is the owner of Poland Spring. Not a big deal anyways).

End of Inter-mission

The beat reporter decides that since person B is waving - but out of site – she should still include the photo.
Conclusion: If a reporter shows up – with a camera – and she introduces herself as such in order to solicit a photo – would you:
a. Deny the request, explain to her you require a fee for your photo to be taken.
b. Accept, and smile when told.
c. Run and hide – at least unti the sun goes down.
d. Not make a big deal of it – but just waive while continuing to be in a position which is outside of any camera’s reach.

End of hypothetical

<thanks>

I think... collectively, we have a bifurcated approach to generating specific yields.

38 YEARS have passed. There should be no discomfort in re-visiting this event, answering questions, being cordial, professional.
Yield one: To determine the reasons for what has become an enormous red flag: the LE report – or lack thereof. To learn answers to questions related to a missing person.

Hypothetical:
There is a heat-wave in your town. The local beat reporter hits the pavement - she tours the community, snapping photos, conducting interviews - keeping notes. She jumps in her van at 3:00 p.m. to beat the New York traffic ( I joke with my friends from CA - NY traff is the worst - we need another lane). The next day, she is about to send her write-up and accompanying photos to her editor, davey Davidson (yes, remember - this is just a hypothetical) As she fingers through the photos - one stands out. She considers tossing it. As she waves it back in forth in her had, she reflects upon whether or not to include it in her docket. The photo is of two people near the town pool. Person A is smiling and holding a poland spring bottle of water while the other is prtially obstructed by the pool equipment.

Intermission

( FYI - if you've ever been in a supermarket during the summer - you may have had n experience similar to the one I've had. I remember getting ready to pick a line to wait on - when I noticed that everyone ahead of me had toted a Poland Spring water product of some type ( 6 oz bottles, six pack, gallon, 24 pack, etc) up for check-out. This was the day when I said - wow- Poland Spring must be making alot of Money since Americans are buying the water up - good brand loyalty -efficient brand recognition. This is when I learned that NESTLE is the owner of Poland Spring. Not a big deal anyways).

End of Inter-mission

The beat reporter decides that since person B is waving - but out of site – she should still include the photo.
Conclusion: If a reporter shows up – with a camera – and she introduces herself as such in order to solicit a photo – would you:
a. Deny the request, explain to her you require a fee for your photo to be taken.
b. Accept, and smile when told.
c. Run and hide – at least unti the sun goes down.
d. Not make a big deal of it – but just waive while continuing to be in a position which is outside of any camera’s reach.

End of hypothetical

The answer which is obvious to me is "D"-but...why?

Gajonka-why did you want to know how long the drive from Staten Island to Bucks County would be?

When E. L. asked the BF\f the hostile reply was the L E was on the case and was so rude she stopped calling.

When E. L. asked the BF\f the hostile reply was the L E was on the case and was so rude she stopped calling.

So he told Sylvia's mom not to call again, in a rude, uncivilzed way. Wouldn't you think he would be kinder and more sensitive to a woman whose daughter was missing, much less a woman who would have been his mother-in-law?

Was rude his normal demeanor, or did his personality drastically change when SL went missing?

I cannot remember now-did we ever figure out where Sylvia's glasses ended up?

Gajonka-why did you want to know how long the drive from Staten Island to Bucks County would be?

I picked up Phillip Carlo's book - the one he wrote on Kuklinksi. He lived on S.I. - and his profession is well deatiled within the book. Bucks County had been a preferred place for him to travel. Just kicking thisngs around - and yes I apologize for being too lazy to look it up - just employing the volleyball approach. ;-)

The answer which is obvious to me is "D"-but...why?

A friend of mine wears thin black gloves - simply to keep the hands warm, and to deter wind damage during the colder months. He jokes with me that while walking around the city (he is a smoker, and I guess it looks odd that one can wear gloves and smoke) he always attracts interest from LE. Whether a van pulls up to get a closer look while en route to the office, or an officer on foot walks by to do the same, he believes it is beyond chance.

The interest - we know - here - is that a thief would wear such type of glove.

The thief wears such type of glove to ensure his/her fingerprints cannot be obtained.

Finger-prints are a unique feature, which will enable an individual to confirm one's identity.

Wearing the gloves keeps those prints safe from retrieval, establishing an environment where no one can obtain any information.

I picked up Phillip Carlo's book - the one he wrote on Kuklinksi. He lived on S.I. - and his profession is well deatiled within the book. Bucks County had been a preferred place for him to travel. Just kicking thisngs around - and yes I apologize for being too lazy to look it up - just employing the volleyball approach. ;-)

I thought that might be it-I read that book

Thanks - thank you - thanks so much!! ( K, T, and B + (smile)

Obvi, this is also for the heavy hitters we've been able to share cyber-space with,,, the Mega-Sleuths. Thanks for the high level brain waves.

Does anyone know how far Bucks County PA is from the Metro area?

I am assessing thread #2, but , and I know we've been trying to engineer one... if we could employ a map so we could calculate - based upon a set of different figures - the greatest standard deviation which would result - if a trip were taken - a 4.5 hour trip... we can see how far a car could travel in 2+ hours - then return.

Low on the priority list _ and I promise to figure out how to get one up an running.

Respectfully yours - always.

The Gajonka

Bucks Cty. is not far from SI. Depending on where in Bucks Cty. max 2 hrs each way in my estimate. Take either 22 or 78 west or even the NJTP south to PATP.

I cannot remember now-did we ever figure out where Sylvia's glasses ended up?

I don't believe so. I believe we just speculated that they were left in the car since he said they were thrown against the dash.

So he told Sylvia's mom not to call again, in a rude, uncivilzed way. Wouldn't you think he would be kinder and more sensitive to a woman whose daughter was missing, much less a woman who would have been his mother-in-law?

I have to say, this also seems like an odd way to reply if you a responsible in some way for foul play. I mean, isn't it obvious that such a way of acting would make you a suspect? Nothing about this makes sense to me. Wouldn't you CYA in some way?

I have to say, this also seems like an odd way to reply if you a responsible in some way for foul play. I mean, isn't it obvious that such a way of acting would make you a suspect? Nothing about this makes sense to me. Wouldn't you CYA in some way?

From what MMQC has said about when she spoke to him, I do believe he was being rude (with the Don't call me again, etc)... although one thing to consider, is that maybe some of it could have had something to do with the harsh "New York Italian" way of speaking? It is sometimes perceived as rude by non-New Yorkers and/or non-Italians. I know I had to learn to tone it down after I left NY...

Did EL know enough Italians to be able to tell the difference?

Was rude his normal demeanor, or did his personality drastically change when SL went missing?

I always got the feeling that he thought himself to be superior or everyone else.

I agree GBMG, CYA and act endeering instead of rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolibery