Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The uncle said early today that the young men came to the US in early 01 or 02 with their parents. The father has lately been living in Russia.

RedCrossEasternMA ‏@RedCrossEastMA 4m
#Boston lockdown tip: Don’t open the door for anyone but a police officer.

Suspect on the run has a Twitter account! (CNN) Muslim greetings on his twitter. A dozen tweets since the bombing.

Hi! Long time lurker, very new member. :)

Can someone explain "upstairs" and "downstairs" WS terminology to me, please?

I've been following this since Monday night and I'm glad to be able to join the conversation here.

Garrett Quinn ‏@GarrettQuinn 8m
Two blackhawk helicopters are circling at low altitude near Watertown Mall. One appears to have landed behind it.

Boston on lockdown as details pour in: Suspects told carjack victim they were marathon bombers

The brothers then carjacked a Mercedes SUV, holding the driver captive for a half-hour while they tried to use his cash card to get money from three ATM's, a source said. At the first, they put in the wrong number; at the second, they took out $800 and at the third, they were told they had exceeded the withdrawal limit, the source said.
The man was released unharmed at a gas station in Cambridge, sources said. As they sped toward Watertown, a police chase ensued and the suspects tossed explosive devices out the window, officials said.

I'm not sure they would have required funding anyway, considering they used cheap, readily available bomb making materials and were already living and established here for years. Whether they have ties to any group remains to be seen. It was a year before any group claimed responsibility for the London subway bombing. Terrorist groups may be more reluctant to take credit now a days with the drone program in place, but that's JMO.

Good points. I just feel at this point all of it seems so "unsophisticated". Speaking to those with strong ties to a Terrorist group. Yes we will know more in the days and weeks to come.

I know this isn't PC,but its the reality,these boys embraced Islam,according to the uncle. Law enforcement needs to go to their Mosque. I'm guessing this is where they will find a lot of answers. And if there are any accomplices I bet they will be found in that group.

In all honesty, these reporters are pissing me off. GTH away from the authorities! I mean, is it really THAT important to them to be that close?

Hi! Long time lurker, very new member. :)

Can someone explain "upstairs" and "downstairs" WS terminology to me, please?

I've been following this since Monday night and I'm glad to be able to join the conversation here.
Hi JavaSleuth, and welcome to WS!

CNN reports that media has been given permission to reposition themselves closer to scene. Apparently former "hot spot" is no longer dangerous.

The Boston Police have stated that people listening to scanners should stop posting items because it could be aiding the suspect to where they are setting up.

I get what they are saying but do they not think the suspect may be listening to the scanner on his smart phone?

O/T but the scannah peeps downstayuhs ah crackin me up imitatin ouah accents!

I was rather appalled at it as well. There was NO reason to keep him naked for an hour, i can see telling him to strip down to check that there were no explosive devices on him b4 the fact he was a victim was clear. But an hour? and then rather than driving him home they just let him loose at a convenience store.

LE did this and they notified FBI to come to the scene which took a little bit of time for them arrive. LE put him naked in a van naked until FBI arrived to interview him. Not nice but protocol :(

and that poor guy that poor guy! Forever and ever on internet... nude uncensored body being arrested.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Sorry that happened, but unfortunately this is a real situation. The law didn't have time or presence of mind to exercise privacy and respect. The media should not have kept cameras on him, full body (I didn't see this), LE is not to be blamed for this. I have no problem with whad LE had to do; I would strip naked in the streets camera or no camera if ordered to do so and would not have problem considering the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173