GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: Wow, great point, wth? I just assumed they had him under 24 hour surveillance, but, they must not have.

The processing of the DNA took way too long. Someone else could have been murdered.

JMO

Possible that someone else could have been murdered, but if AH was a budding serial killer, there's usually a cooling off period between kills. Although who knows how long his cooling off period would have been. IMO.

There's also the arson to consider, too, assuming that was indeed AH. Screwed up in so many ways.

You know…*I'm not convinced they had him under 24 hour surveillance (but I'm not convinced they didn't either. I'm saying I don't know for sure)

I know we talked earlier about the extreme cost of 24 hour protection for the family. 24 hour surveillance would have cost the same.

I think it was because his stories about what he was doing that day kept changing (went fishing all day, then slept 'til 2 and went looking for jobs, etc). I think they didn't want anything out there, including confirmed last sighting that we all remember but disappeared, so that he wouldn't have info to build an alibi from......

also i saw in the arrest warrant that he was telling ppl the body was ag b4 the police ever released that info. so i do bet they were worried about him coming up w/ and alibi - change his story - or even run away b4 they could arrest him imo

Hm. If TH set the fire(s), and LE knows he set the fires, is there any reason they wouldn't have made that information public yet or rolled it up in his arrest warrant?

Since it has not been made public, maybe they didn't have surveillance, and maybe they are still having to work the fires as their own crime.

I ran up a quick map for those asking where the cars on surveillance were.

rhul.jpg

Orange = Location cars were captured on surveillance and direction heading.
Blue Triangle = Location of surveillance camera per affidavit. (and some earlier keen streetview WS eyes)
Green Triangle = AG home per affidavit.
Red Triangle = TH (perp) home per affidavit
Purple Triangle = AG :( Location last seen alive by witness approx 2pm, per affidavit.

6dss.jpg

And 649 Babbling Brook Dr (residence of TH) To corner of Roundrock/Cindy Lane, where body of AG was found. (route for map purpose only)

Link to affidavit http://www.scribd.com/doc/155582773/Tyler-Holder-Capital-Murder-Arrest-Warrant-Affidavit

ETA: Fixed map

Do we know if the is any walking path from perps home to the dump site that is not viewable on cameras? Wondering if he could have used a wheel barrow if he didn't have an accomplice?

FWIW, my "tuner" son says he's 90% sure the cars are a Nissan Sentra and a Mitsubishi Lancer.

Been camping for a few days without electronics....its great to return to the world and hear that the suspect has been "caught". May the Gallagher family begin to find some sense of peace.

There was a video talking to the person that was organizing the neighborhood watch. I'm trying to find it. If anyone else has it handy it would be much appreciated.

I cant find it but then again I couldn't find it the day after it played. Was it a skinny white male walking across the street with something in his hands when the reporter questioned him?

Edit to say I found it. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Sl...ks-About-Arson-Daughters-Death-216223151.html He talks after the 2 minute mark.

I thought it was the family for about three hours, on day one, back when we still believed 'decomposition' was on the table. Back then, it looked like parents had reported a child missing who had been missing for days.

As soon as it became apparent that info was illegitimate, I read LG's LiveJournal. I've basically never stopped defending the family ever since. While I wasn't precisely in their subcultural circles, I've had friends and relatives who were, and I shared some interests with them.

Plus, more significantly, even though their marriage is unorthodox, it was obvious it had been in place for a long time, and that their lives were home and family oriented. There was no obvious sign of dysfuction, drug abuse, or other reports of child abuse in the home. I think lots of people are still angry about CA, and possibly it colors reactions, but compared to Casey Anthony, or Elaina Steinfurth's home life, or a million other examples, Alanna's homelife was stable. Mom was a churchgoer and seemed to be a student of the bible. (There was a nasty rumor going around at one point that she had expressed 'interest' in pedophilia on a journal entry, but it was 2006 and what she ACTUALLY did was link an article about the Rep. Mark Foley scandal which was ocurring at that time. She then went on to offhandedly mention the bible. I hated not being able to clear that up here when I knew people believed it and I hope I can set the record straight now without violating TOS.)

The two times I got scared that I was wrong were:

1) When the car search warrants were leaked. The red tape and belts/restraints looked bad. But I also believed the family was too smart (KG is an MIT grad) to do anything so insanely stupid. Still, that was a crappy few days here and I know it convinced a lot of people of their guilt.

2) The rumors a few weeks ago that the family was all in custody. Which reminds me: I wondered at the time if the actual perp started the rumors. I wonder again, or maybe it was a friend of his. The rumor was so specific: "all three are in custody". My heart SANK. Fortunately LDH showed up that night to set the record straight. Never been so relieved to see 'verified insider' in my life.

I know people will continue to judge them for letting her go out alone, and for not dialing 911 sooner, but I honestly believe with him being just two doors down and them believing she was next door playing, Alanna was doomed before any parent would have called 911. He was going to act this stuff out eventually, the Gallaghers just got unlucky. Second-guessing their parenting now is unbelievably cruel, and I wonder what is wrong in the FB posters' lives who are still doing so now.

Great post, thanks!
I've been following cases a long time. I have found that for me this is how I best deal with them. There are two types of cases: the ones that I truly believe the parents are innocent and the ones that I give the parents the benefit of the doubt until all the evidence is in. This was a clearly innocent one to me, so it was frustrating to read veiled comments and remarks, when all the while my heart was breaking for the family. I cannot even imagine being a friend reading here, like LDH - it must have been amazingly tough to sit on her hands.
In other cases I give them the benefit of the doubt even when it seems it could be possible, because you can't undo the words you have said, and one of the earliest cases taught me a lesson on this. I know I will get a lot of disagreement on this part... but what the heck I'll just say it. When the JB Ramsey case first was happening, very few people believed it was the Ramseys. I thought it was, and I was very very vocal to many people about it and got into quite a few heated arguments. May have even lost a friend over it, to be honest. As the years went on, more and more people began to suspect the family, but the opposite happened to me - I started questioning that belief. I still do - and I know the case in and out. But what really taught me a lesson was Patsy Ramsey's death. What if she was innocent? She went to her grave with the world thinking she killed her little girl, and I feel awful for my part in that. So I have learned to wait until LE presents its case against the family, before I jump on the "family did it" bandwagon. I can't affect the outcome of a case, so it does no one any good with me blaming the family. But I can add more hate and pain to an already unimaginably painful and hateful time, and so to me - the choice is clear, I do not indict the family unless LE brings a case against them.
I just have to do what is right for myself, I know lots of folks here disagree. But in the end I have to live with myself.

Regarding skibaboo's maps--I thought Alanna's home was the one with all the playground equipment in the back? I haven't done a lot of maps viewing, though, and I don't have the addresses memorized.

Right, exactly. That's why I was asking earlier, what kinds of crimes could be in his juvenile record that would NOT result in DNA being on file?

Of course…*he could have committed crimes like that and not gotten caught, and I'm only assuming he has a juvie record.

in the arrest warrant it says when he came in for questioning the police asked for a sample of his dna and he gave it voluntarily - thats how they got it and were able to match so quick

Regarding skibaboo's maps--I thought Alanna's home was the one with all the playground equipment in the back? I haven't done a lot of maps viewing, though, and I don't have the addresses memorized.

Dammit, yes you're right. Thanks!! My fault I was cooking at the same time :facepalm:

I will correct it.

Dammit, yes you're right. Thanks!! My fault I was cooking at the same time :facepalm:

I will correct it.

I appreciate the map, it's helpful. I just happened to remember the playhouse thing in the backyard. I still couldn't tell you AG's actual address if I tried, other than knowing this all happened on Babbling Brook.

LDHummingbird.... how is the family doing?

Bringing this forward to the next page since it was edited with a link.

Thanks I didn't even think about it not being on the same page for everyone. I have my stuff set up to have 100 post per page since having issues getting on when Travis Alexander was getting his justice.

Thanks I didn't even think about it not being on the same page for everyone. I have my stuff set up to have 100 post per page since having issues getting on when Travis Alexander was getting his justice.

(I'm usually on tapatalk with a higher post/page count, happened to be doing the standard web view today.)

oh man..I was unaware her body was left so far away. I knew but just didn't remember I suppose.
It's doubtful he could have walked her all that way.

Ok..I hope his accomplice is sweating hard.

I've scoped some of his fb "friends". What a sad state of affairs for today's youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675