GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so afraid for this little girl. I think of her daily. I no longer think she went on her own. I think he took whatever feelings she had toward him to the extreme! I am afraid that once this child no longer wants to be with him and travel like this without money or food or shelter that he is going to be very angry and become desperate.

My heart aches for her. She needs to be found. Is there a COD yet for the mom? Is her dad helping at all? God if this were my child I would map out all the campgrounds from VA to Florida and start making my way through them. I would not be able to sleep until I found her.

Also do we think she witnessed her mother's murder?

I caught the very end of Nancy last night and she was commenting that the father had been in Salem searching.

I am so afraid for this little girl. I think of her daily. I no longer think she went on her own. I think he took whatever feelings she had toward him to the extreme! I am afraid that once this child no longer wants to be with him and travel like this without money or food or shelter that he is going to be very angry and become desperate.

My heart aches for her. She needs to be found. Is there a COD yet for the mom? Is her dad helping at all? God if this were my child I would map out all the campgrounds from VA to Florida and start making my way through them. I would not be able to sleep until I found her.

Also do we think she witnessed her mother's murder?

I do not think LE has come out and said that BS witnessed anything.
I do not have a link on COD but I read in another blog that TS was beaten to death. But do not know if it is official???

It would be great if JE would drop BS off at a Walmart and take off by himself.
BUT I think she is his 'insurance'.............like hostage.
So this coward won't get shot by LE if BS is in the car with him. JMOO

I have driven from NYC to Miami before and I have to tell you there are a ton of off highway rest stops - that is where I would be searching - take photos and make the drive - or fax the photos to these places.

Someone mention he had little cash - do we know if he emptied an account? He NEEDS money to survive and make the drive if no money then HE COULD NOT HAVE gotten far and needs to be camping somewhere close.

I am pretty sure if this is the case that he is waiting for the "heat" to simmer before walking in public, but how would he be able to tell without a tv?

Someone out there knows something!

I think the reason for no sightings in those states is because they may have left Salem as soon as they were done at Wal mart and booked it to A warmer state like Florida, and I know Driving from Florida (Miami) to VA would only take about 29 hours of straight driving and that would bring us to Sunday and at that time there wasn't even a amber alert for people to look for them.

I agree with you. I think he purchased the tent while he had the chance/before the news got out, but I don't think he had any intention of using it until he really needed to. I think he booked it as far south as he could as fast as he could. They left Walmart around 8 PM, right? He probably drove all night while Brittany slept in the car.

Had he intended on hard-core camping in the cold, he would have purchased much more stuff, including sweaters, blankets, food and some type of heat source, water, etc. He might not have realized how cold it would be in FL or AL, so he was probably kicking himself for not buying more stuff at Walmart while he had the chance, but I think his plan all along was just to book it south, change their appearance, and figure out what to do from there.

I am pretty sure if this is the case that he is waiting for the "heat" to simmer before walking in public, but how would he be able to tell without a tv?

He could possibly have a laptop computer w/ him, either his own or one taken from TS home? You can p/u wireless connection almost anywhere these days.

He could be stealing newspapers from people's yards.

12/09/2010
Alert for Brittany Smith expanded to Tennessee
An alert for an endangered Virginia child was expanded to Tennessee Wednesday night.
They may be traveling in a silver Dodge Neon with Virginia license plate XKF-2365.
Jeffrey has a tattoo on his right forearm and on his lower legs.
If you see them call police or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678.
More...

Search for Brittany Smith extends to Florida
Police in Virginia said missing 12-year-old girl Brittany Smith and the man they believe she is with may be heading toward Florida.
More...

I agree with you. I think he purchased the tent while he had the chance/before the news got out, but I don't think he had any intention of using it until he really needed to. I think he booked it as far south as he could as fast as he could. They left Walmart around 8 PM, right? He probably drove all night while Brittany slept in the car.

Had he intended on hard-core camping in the cold, he would have purchased much more stuff, including sweaters, blankets, food and some type of heat source, water, etc. He might not have realized how cold it would be in FL or AL, so he was probably kicking himself for not buying more stuff at Walmart while he had the chance, but I think his plan all along was just to book it south, change their appearance, and figure out what to do from there.

I agree with you and that is why he took the neon and not the suv- He needed the vehicle with the best gas mileage

446 Miles on a full tank of gas... But if he had some cash.... he could have filled up at a little MA and Pa place along the way...

And isn't Florida down hill.... LOL

780 miles form Salem VA to Miami FL He would need to fill it twice.... cost about $37 dollars each fill....

They could have been in Florida since Sunday before anyone knew they were gone...

OMG...Police in Florida have surrounding a Shell gas station and this is in West Palm Beach, FL. The mann has barricaded himself in the restroom. The attendant says he man looks like JE. They are not saying it is him and do not know whereabouts of BS.
I am trembling typing this. It was a NEWS BREAK ON WDBJ

NCMC1161405a1.jpg

This is a More Resent picture of him

This looks like an ATM picture (ex is sec director for bank...seen these before).

446 Miles on a full tank of gas... But if he had some cash.... he could have filled up at a little MA and Pa place along the way...

And isn't Florida down hill.... LOL

LOL!

My goodness, you and I are on the same wavelength today. I was thinking the same thing about a Ma -n- Pa place. He could have done a pump and dash! I know of many small towns, communities in rural NC, SC, GA and AL where there is a 'crossroads store'/gas station. The pumps are manual and there are no cameras...it would be so easy for someone to do. Heck, one could safely be miles down the interstate before LE even showed up to the scen of the crime. Many of these communities are just a few miles from an interstate exit and they are like a step back in time. MOO

Is there anyone here good with maps? Where would they gas up every 446 miles or so? Which interstates would they use to get the heck out of dodge and to Florida as quickly as possible. If we could get a radius based on every 446 miles, then we could check out any crimes in the area of any of these stops. i hope this all makes sense....I am just thinking and typing...

MOO

wm

Big Mistake to go to shell that is were most the Flyer's were posted....

Have scanner up now...

OMG...Police in Florida have surrounding a Shell gas station and this is in West Palm Beach, FL. The mann has barricaded himself in the restroom. The attendant says he man looks like JE. They are not saying it is him and do not know whereabouts of BS.
I am trembling typing this. It was a NEWS BREAK ON WDBJ

Oh my goodness, I hope they are both found alive. I can't decide if I hope she's in there with him or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theb