GUILTY Iraq - Abeer Hamza & her family slain by U.S. soldiers, Yusufiya, 2006

It could be that ONE of the people involved got a deal for "telling the truth". Usually this means that a guilty party gets to walk away by saying he "saw the whole thing" but "didn't participate". Happens all the time with multiple suspects.

Masterj said:
That article says that Green killed the family and then he and another soldier raped the girl. I don't know what role the soldiers played. One of them appeared to witness the rape.
Green was discharged from the service due to being diagnosed with "Antisocial Personality Disorder" (i.e. psychopathy). They normally screen recruits for this kind of thing, but since psychos are expert at manipualtion and passing for "normal" when they have to, I guess nothing will completely keep them out. But I want to know what else did this guy do that put him on the radar enough to get mustered out?

:sick:

I effin hate war.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Green was discharged from the service due to being diagnosed with "Antisocial Personality Disorder" (i.e. psychopathy). They normally screen recruits for this kind of thing, but since psychos are expert at manipualtion and passing for "normal" when they have to, I guess nothing will completely keep them out. But I want to know what else did this guy do that put him on the radar enough to get mustered out?
Oh yes, there are always a few that slip through the cracks! In my profession I work with soldiers on a daily basis, it is my job to support them and help guide them in some aspects of their training. I can tell you that 90% of them of purely good people, but that 10% that I have run across that are not...wow now, they are truly out there. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: ...I'd say these guys fall in there.

I can also tell you that all of the soldiers that discuss this, feel the same way I do and that is that IF they did this, they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent and then some. Death is a just punishment. The rape and murders are bad enough but a child was killed and that is despicable. No American soldier should be spared when they commit such a barbaric act. Any American soldier that is truly an American soldier holds to a much, much higher living creed and does their job with responsiblilty and respect to every person in this nation. They are the face of America's protector, but that does not give them godly status and they should not act as so. I hope they fry :mad: .

kylie said:
This is also a problem when we don't have a clear rationale to go to war...when people we are trying to help are viewed as the enemy and when other soldiers who heard them talk of the plan before it happened did not speak up.....................................war is hell and should only be engaged in when absolutely neccessary.............I'm sure there is more of this going on than we realize...................
I totally disagree. In my opinion this has nothing to do with war or having a clear cut reason for being there. Nor is it due to the behaviors of the people we are supposed to be helping.. regardless of how we live or they live. we don't have to agree with the countries philosophies or the equality they hold towards all members of their society.

This is entirely about the behaviors of a group pf individuals.. Bottom line is that they are criminals . They knew it was wrong and plotted and planned anyway. Had this occurred while stationed at any other base or in the states.. there would be no excuse or explaination that this is because of political reasons we are or are not there nor the behavior of a people rubbing off on these individuals. It has everything to do with a group pf men who agreed to plan a rape and murder. They inflicted torture and death upon the victims. They did this with premeditation. This wasnt a matter of revenge. It was a premediatated act. If this had happened to a family here in the states.. would you so easily write it off as an excuse or as an act of war..

In my opinion he was a ticking time bomb and was going to commit a crime regardless of where he was.. it was just a matter of when.

ember said:
Oh yes, there are always a few that slip through the cracks! In my profession I work with soldiers on a daily basis, it is my job to support them and help guide them in some aspects of their training. I can tell you that 90% of them of purely good people, but that 10% that I have run across that are not...wow now, they are truly out there. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: ...I'd say these guys fall in there.

I can also tell you that all of the soldiers that discuss this, feel the same way I do and that is that IF they did this, they should be prosocuted to the fullest extent and then some. Death is a just punishment. The rape and murders are bad enough but a child was killed and that is despicable. No American soldier should be spared when they commit such a barbaric act. Any American soldier that is truly an American soldier holds to a much, much higher living creed and does their job with responsiblilty and respect to every person in this nation. They are the face of America's protector, but that does not give them godly status and they should not act as so. I hope they fry :mad: .
I think some budding psychos/serial killers probably join up because they WANT to kill, and feels like war is a good cover for doing whatever it is that's been percolating in their skulls without being caught.

I think you're right, BillyGoatGruff.

SewingDeb said:
I think you're right, BillyGoatGruff.
Me too....:(

And imho, even though I have great respect for most of the guys/girls of service, you have to be touched a little different in the first place to want to put yourself in this position in the first place...though I don't believe alot of them know what they are really getting theirself into until they get there...they are just being honorable...

Thank the gods for them though, because without them, we'd be Iraq...

5 U.S. GIs charged in Iraq rape-slay case

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Four more U.S. soldiers have been charged with rape and murder and a fifth with dereliction of duty in the alleged rape-slaying of a young Iraqi woman and the killings of her relatives in Mahmoudiya, the military said Sunday.

The five were accused Saturday following an investigation into allegations that American soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division raped the teenager and killed her and three relatives at her home south of Baghdad. Ex-soldier Steven D. Green was arrested last week in North Carolina and has pleaded not guilty to one count of rape and four counts of murder.

The U.S. statement said the five soldiers still on active duty will face an Article 32 investigation, similar to a grand jury hearing in civilian law. The Article 32 proceeding will determine whether there is enough evidence to place them on trial.

One of the soldiers was charged with failing to report the attack but is not believed to have participated in it directly, the statement said.

The names of the four soldiers were not released.

http://tinyurl.com/zgywm

englishleigh said:
My good friend's husband is over there, and this is his regiment and unit. She said she got an email from him a few days ago in which he was ranting about the stupid guys in his unit doing something horrible and that it was in the news and she'd hear about it, and how he wanted out of that unit. She had told me the two murdered soldiers had been from his unit, so when I heard these guys were, too, I emailed her. She doesn't watch the news b/c she doesn't want to worry more than she does, so she emailed me back with, "So THAT'S what he was so mad about."

It's terrible and does make us look awful!!

There is nothing that makes my son more irate than to see something like this happen. He is totally enraged by it but somewhat blames the military for the root problem. He is still bound by honor to the Corps.

He was a US Marine (10 years) but they too have been shamed by their fellow Marines doing despicable acts.

For years he has ranted how they do not do psychological testing and just allow these psychotic misfits into the services. He said not only does it make them volatile to the people they are there to protect but the Marines/Soldiers aren't safe from these psychos either. There are all sorts of strange people in the military but what makes it even tougher many times they are housed with new recruits that are scared to death of them but say nothing of course as making waves in the military is a big no no.

My son used to get unnerved at times as he felt a few of them were capable of anything and they were some of the ones that saw to it that his helicopter was fit for him to fly each day. His life and 50+ others were in their hands. He only told me about his concerns after he left the Corps! He knows his mother well.

They only do evaluations if there is an apparent problem AFTER they have been allowed to join. That is not how it should be done. They have got to weed these incorrigibles out before entering.

As my son has said many times these young men and women are fulfilling their duty and that should never include having to keep one eye open when they sleep never knowing what these losers are thinking.

These guys weren't soldiers......they are just a bunch of lawless thugs that never should have been allowed to join in the first place.

IMO

Ocean

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/LAW/10/18/soldiers.court/

FORT CAMPBELL, Kentucky (CNN) -- Four U.S. soldiers accused of raping and killing a 14-year-old girl and slaying her sister and their parents will face courts-martial on murder charges, military officials say.

The commander of the 101st Airborne Division has referred murder charges against the soldiers for the alleged crimes that occurred in Mahmoudiya, south of Baghdad, in March. Two of the soldiers could face the death penalty if convicted.

According to a written statement, Maj. Gen. Thomas Turner made the decision after reviewing a report of the investigation and receiving recommendations from the investigating officer, the appointing authority who directed the investigation and his staff judge advocate.

One of the soldiers, 23-year-old Army Spec. James P. Barker, told an Army criminal investigator that after the killings he poured kerosene on the girl's bullet-ridden body, according to testimony in August at a military hearing. The girl's father, mother and five-year-old sister were also killed, according to military officials.

6wq9.jpg

Further updates on the case here:

Mahmudiyah killings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And someone put this together as well:

http://abeer-hamza.blogspot.com/

Fifteen-year-old Abeer Qasim Hamza was afraid, her mother confided in a neighbor.

As pretty as she was young, the girl had attracted the unwelcome attention of U.S. soldiers manning a checkpoint that the girl had to pass through almost daily in their village in the south-central city of Mahmudiyah, her mother told the neighbor.

---------------------

Before leaving, the attackers fatally shot the four family members -- two of Abeer's brothers had been away at school -- and attempted to set Abeer's body on fire, according to Janabi, another neighbor who spoke on condition of anonymity, the mayor of Mahmudiyah and a hospital administrator with knowledge of the case.

-------------------------

"What is the benefit of publishing this story?" said Abeer's uncle, Bassem.
"People will read about this crime. And they will forget about it the next day."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/02/AR2006070200673_pf.html

qcp4.jpg

[video=youtube;h8VBR608YjM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8VBR608YjM[/video]

What a shame he didn't have to go back to Iraq and let them deal with him under their laws.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back