Mothers Who Kill Their Children

I have never found Darlie to be attractive at all, ever. She reminds me of trailer trash. I believe that she had deep insecurities and dressed like she did to get attention. I think that the men probably gave her attention because she looked and acted like a *advertiser censored*. The women probably didn't like her at all. Darlie, in her delusional mind, thought that they were all jealous of her.

I believe that Darlie was used to pretending that she and Darin were "rich" and could have anything that they wanted. When that house of cards started caving in, she became really desperate to continue this charade.

To me, killing her kids was a desperate ploy to divert attention away from her real problems and to gain sympathy. If she had been successful and gotten away with the murders, she could have used this as an excuse as to why Darin's business failed, why they lost everything, etc.

I don't know the woman, but she seemed way too wrapped up in proving to everyone around her that she was rich, she was great, she was desired and she was successful. IMO, she was none of these things, and she knew it. Now, so does everyone else.

cami said:
Well sorry to have to say this but I think she looked like an "old slapper" and the British girls will know what I mean. Cheap *advertiser censored* in other words. With her bleached hair and skin tight clothes and all that makeup.

I guess I am just too old school or old fashioned. Strutting around your neighbourhood in a bathing suit is disgusting regardless of how hot it is. I would have felt very ashamed to call her my mother. I don't think she got much "admiration" from the neighbours.

Of course today the girls are showing everything they have with those low cut tops and baring midriffs, low cut pants, etc, LOL. I remember when we weren't allowed to wear mini skirts but we all did somehow.
Maybe I have just lived around people aspiring to do something in the arts. Around here it is singers, a little TV and a little theater, so it is not unusual to see gals in all shapes and sizes decked out in whatever brand they think makes them "cool" and accepted. I just don't get too riled up about it. I mean, shoot, Dolly Parton made millions by looking just like Darlie. I always thought it was funny when Lonnie Anderson looked down on Dolly as if Dolly was trailer trash....Lonnie looked just as cheap to me. hahahahahahah.

Besides, looking cheap is not what motivated Darlie to kill her kids.

nanandjim said:
........I don't know the woman, but she seemed way too wrapped up in proving to everyone around her that she was rich, she was great, she was desired and she was successful. IMO, she was not of these things, and she knew it. Now, so does everyone else.
Sometimes families will do that to you when you are the one who is making good. They hold you up like you are some sort of princess and then the one being held up feels like they HAVE to keep up the image. I don't doubt that Darlie did aspire to the good life. Both she and Darin admitted they wanted it for themselves. But I am thinking after it appeared that they were doing it, even if it was just a false sense of financial success the business first offered, they, esp Darlie, may have felt she would lose everything....friends, her very identity....if they couldn't keep up the image. No one was doing for Darlie and Darin. They were doing for them....their friends the Neals, paying their mortgage while Karen had cancer, her friend Mercedes, paying for the Cancun vacation coming up, and who knows how much more.

It could be that Darlie had two sides,the one you describe and the one who was so generous and had so much empathy for others, who earned a great deal of loyalty thru her interactions with her friends. It sure would be interesting to find out.

Goody said:
Sometimes families will do that to you when you are the one who is making good. They hold you up like you are some sort of princess and then the one being held up feels like they HAVE to keep up the image. I don't doubt that Darlie did aspire to the good life. Both she and Darin admitted they wanted it for themselves. But I am thinking after it appeared that they were doing it, even if it was just a false sense of financial success the business first offered, they, esp Darlie, may have felt she would lose everything....friends, her very identity....if they couldn't keep up the image. No one was doing for Darlie and Darin. They were doing for them....their friends the Neals, paying their mortgage while Karen had cancer, her friend Mercedes, paying for the Cancun vacation coming up, and who knows how much more.

It could be that Darlie had two sides,the one you describe and the one who was so generous and had so much empathy for others, who earned a great deal of loyalty thru her interactions with her friends. It sure would be interesting to find out.
huh??
:doh: :confused: :sick: :bang: :razz: :loser: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

j2mirish said:
huh??
:doh: :confused: :sick: :bang: :razz: :loser: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
You don't think paying someone's mortgage for seveal months is generous? What about treating a friend to a vacation in Cancun?

Why do you think her friends are so loyal to her? It isn't because she was selfish and stuck on herself. Who would be loyal to a person like that?

I've talked to people who write to her and she is very good at handling people with empathy for their personal problems. She doesn't just focus on her own.

I am all for criticising her, but we have to be fair and give her credit for the postitives. No matter how much you hate what she did, the girl isn't all bad. Maybe she is worse than some of these things, but I haven't found a lot of evidence of that. have you? If so, please share.

Goody said:
You don't think paying someone's mortgage for seveal months is generous? What about treating a friend to a vacation in Cancun?

Why do you think her friends are so loyal to her? It isn't because she was selfish and stuck on herself. Who would be loyal to a person like that?

I've talked to people who write to her and she is very good at handling people with empathy for their personal problems. She doesn't just focus on her own.

I am all for criticising her, but we have to be fair and give her credit for the postitives. No matter how much you hate what she did, the girl isn't all bad(WHAT?). Maybe she is worse than some of these things, but I haven't found a lot of evidence of that. have you? If so, please share.
Goody, I have a great example: she killed her children and has lied about it for nearly 10 years! She has screwed up her family's and Darin's family's lives. She has wasted lots of people's time.
As for paying people's bills and for trips, I think that goes right back to her and Darin being the ones in the family to make it big. Handing out money like that makes you look good, doesn't it? They obviously couldn't afford to do that.
What else does Darlie have to do with her time? Lending a sympathetic
ear or pen to a supporter or friend is not that difficult when you are trapped on DR

I think the world has already been fair to Darlie. She was given a trial instead of being burned at the stake!

feenix said:
Hi Britgirl!

I too am a Britgirl from Manchester, hope you have your baby on my birthday which is June 24th!!

Hi, I was in Manchester in Feb of last year and spent far too much money!

Goody said:

I am all for criticising her, but we have to be fair and give her credit for the postitives. No matter how much you hate what she did, the girl isn't all bad. Maybe she is worse than some of these things, but I haven't found a lot of evidence of that. have you? If so, please share.
no WE dont have to be fair---:snooty: she killed her kids Goody------:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:
again....I say HUH?? :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Goody said:
Maybe I have just lived around people aspiring to do something in the arts. Around here it is singers, a little TV and a little theater, so it is not unusual to see gals in all shapes and sizes decked out in whatever brand they think makes them "cool" and accepted. I just don't get too riled up about it. I mean, shoot, Dolly Parton made millions by looking just like Darlie. I always thought it was funny when Lonnie Anderson looked down on Dolly as if Dolly was trailer trash....Lonnie looked just as cheap to me. hahahahahahah.

I don't think any of us are saying that because we think Darlie looked cheap that's why she killed her own children. Jeez. I could care less what motivated her to kill her children unless she wants to tell me. I don't and won't analyze her every nuance. I don't care what she had, where she lived, what she looked like, who she screwed and why. The evidence proves she murdered her children, that's good enough for me.

And yes I agree that Lonnie Anderson looks just as cheap. My God, that hair never moved! And she was far more attractive as a brunette. Why do these women think they look better as blondes? It's beyond me, LOL.

edited to add.... Maybe she just wanted to get rid of them and that's why she killed them.

edited again to add...... I don't think I ever thought Dolly looked cheap. I've just never thought that of her, I guess because I like her so much.

Goody said:

Where were all these "loyal friends" when she was on trial for her life? Where are they now? I don't think she's got any loyal friends Goody.

Oh, she probably has a whole new " slew" of " friends" in prison.
Last time I happened to see her on TV, she looked 100% better than she did before the murders. Go figure!

One thing I want to comment on: I don't know how the details of all the altruistic and kind things she did materially for people came to light, as it apparently wasn't in the trial from what I read of Jeana's last post..

In my family, the definition of being generous means not ever discussing what was done for or given to someone else. I think she may have done things for show, like a certain Mrs. Ramsey I have heard of.

I wonder if they are alike, pathologically speaking? Both come from rough backgrounds, both married men who were riding the computer craze...
If Darlie had had a daughter, I wonder if she would have put her in pageants?
Thank God she didn't ever give birth to a little girl... I STILL wonder why the baby boy lived and the other two were murdered though.

cami said:
Yes, that's what I said, He killed one daughter in the midst of the argument with his wife-Kimberley,his eldest daughter. He then murdered his baby, Kristen, because she was there and because she was a witness.
Oh, I caught that. I was just adding the baby thing because it makes him even sicker...if that is possible. :doh: I studied that case for years. It was the first case that I really studied. I am so glad that her parents never gave up. I feel sorry that her dad never saw the end of all his work.

cami said:
Oh you're right, I would never look sideways at another man when I was married. I honestly did not think when I said that. I'm single so I didn't even think in the context of being married.
And the fact that she acted like that...and that Darin thought it was cool for her to be like that....:doh: Those people have a screw loose.

Goody said:

I have always though Dolly was precious! One time on TV she said..."It takes a lot of money to look this cheap!" LOL...I love her. But...Lonnie...she does look cheap and is a horrible actress IMO. Dolly has talent. She sings and she can act. She is heads above Lonnie.

deandaniellws said:
I have always though Dolly was precious! One time on TV she said..."It takes a lot of money to look this cheap!" LOL...I love her. But...Lonnie...she does look cheap and is a horrible actress IMO. Dolly has talent. She sings and she can act. She is heads above Lonnie.
I love Dolly too! She has a gorgeous voice and she is a funny gal. Plus, I think those *advertiser censored* are homegrown.

beesy said:
Goody, I have a great example: she killed her children and has lied about it for nearly 10 years! She has screwed up her family's and Darin's family's lives. She has wasted lots of people's time.
As for paying people's bills and for trips, I think that goes right back to her and Darin being the ones in the family to make it big. Handing out money like that makes you look good, doesn't it? They obviously couldn't afford to do that.
What else does Darlie have to do with her time? Lending a sympathetic
ear or pen to a supporter or friend is not that difficult when you are trapped on DR

I think the world has already been fair to Darlie. She was given a trial instead of being burned at the stake!
You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but all of that doesn't tell me squat about what Darlie was like BEFORE the murders, which is the evidence I would like to unearth right now. :slap:

j2mirish said:
no WE dont have to be fair---:snooty: she killed her kids Goody------:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:
again....I say HUH?? :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Yeah, but I do. At least most of the time. :dance:

cami said:
I don't think any of us are saying that because we think Darlie looked cheap that's why she killed her own children.
No, you are saying that she looks cheap BECAUSE she killed her children. If she hadn't done that you all wouldn't think twice about that look. You'd have an each to his own attitude.

cami said:
Jeez. I could care less what motivated her to kill her children unless she wants to tell me. I don't and won't analyze her every nuance. I don't care what she had, where she lived, what she looked like, who she screwed and why. The evidence proves she murdered her children, that's good enough for me.
I am just wanting to take an objective look at who Darlie was before the murders, at evidence that is laying just below the surface. But I guess if you reeeeeeeally don't want to, you don't have to. :p

I am just saying to set all that aside while looking at certain elements, but I guess if you reeeeeeeally don't want to, you don't have to. :p

cami said:
And yes I agree that Lonnie Anderson looks just as cheap. My God, that hair never moved! And she was far more attractive as a brunette. Why do these women think they look better as blondes? It's beyond me, LOL.
It is called Hollywood bull feces.

cami said:
edited to add.... Maybe she just wanted to get rid of them and that's why she killed them.
Maybe.

cami said:
edited again to add...... I don't think I ever thought Dolly looked cheap. I've just never thought that of her, I guess because I like her so much.
You are kidding. Looking cheap is all Dolly ever talks about. She is the most down to earth entertainer I have ever seen. Lonnie, on the other hand, believed her own hype. I think she was jealous of Dolly because rumors had Burt Reynolds (Lonnie fiance at the time) linked to both women romantically. They had to make a personal appearance with Burt over the Best Little Whorehouse In Texas movie, I think. I can't tell you how many times Lonnie rolled her eyes and sighed rudely over comments Dolly made about herself being cheap. Like Lonnie thought she was so much better than Dolly. And there was Burt stuck in the middle. hahahahahah.

Years later when Dolly was promoting her book, someone asked her if she had told the whole truth. She replied, "Shoot, no! If I had, I'd have hung myself and five others." She is such a character! She could buy and sell Lonnie Anderson countless times over. That is the best part!!!!

But I agree. Dolly doesn't look cheap and neither does Darlie in those glamour shots.

beesy said:
I love Dolly too! She has a gorgeous voice and she is a funny gal. Plus, I think those *advertiser censored* are homegrown.
Nope. You should see shots of 18 year old Dolly. Besides, I think I heard Dolly talking about the "sisters" once and while she didn't confess, she didn't say they were homegrown either.

Jeana (DP) said:
Where were all these "loyal friends" when she was on trial for her life? Where are they now? I don't think she's got any loyal friends Goody.
Good point and that might prove to be true, but something is amiss. Either people aren't talking because they fear retalliation or thru mislplaced loyalty, but the fact remains that they aren't talking. Makes me want to paw at the earth to see if I can hit a nerve.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back