CA CA - Rose Cole, 16, Oakland, 1972 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow, I'll check back in a few minutes. . .let me know if I've confused you more. .Isa :crazy: :crazy:

Isabella,

Thank you for clarifying that for me. Acutally I do remember the missing Indiana girl. I think that I confused myself, no fault of yours.
So, there is still a possibility that the CA Jane Doe is still Rose. Well Madison PD needs to get on the ball and do the test. Like I said before. Be persistant. If you don't get anywhere with the Detective, repsectfully request to speak to someone higher up the ladder. Keep climbing that ladder until you reach the top if necessary.

I was confused too. I'm glad I came back and read. I think the CA doe looks very much like Rose. Maybe you can sic Shadow205 on their butts and get the ball rolling. :dance:

IsabelaPR said:
In this particular case, the DNA needs to be collected by the police. From Harris e-mail
"HAS to be done by a local police officer - rules of evidence collection / chain of evidence"

"the missing persons detective handling your case should take an oral swab from your husband and have it entered to in the CODIS system (Combined DNA Index System). If it is a match, it will link directly to my Jane DOE (who is already in CODIS), or God willing, link to another Jane DOE somewhere else in the country".

Isabela
Oooooo, dag gum it! Sorry then. You know, all you have to do is give us WSers the word, SIC EM, (maybe we should coin a word to use here at WS, for when ya'll are ready for us to ATTACK someone LOL) and we are all over this...but, we will wait for your command! :) :) :)

Shadow205 said:
Isabella,

Thank you for clarifying that for me. Acutally I do remember the missing Indiana girl. I think that I confused myself, no fault of yours.
So, there is still a possibility that the CA Jane Doe is still Rose. Well Madison PD needs to get on the ball and do the test. Like I said before. Be persistant. If you don't get anywhere with the Detective, repsectfully request to speak to someone higher up the ladder. Keep climbing that ladder until you reach the top if necessary.
Ohhh, Shadow, I think we were ALL confused....thanks for asking Isabella to clarify....I was totally misunderstanding!

On April 10, I sent an e-mail to the dental clinic Rose was taken when she was a kid. They contacted COP, not sure what they said but if dental records for Rose are available. . .COP said that he'll be able to compare them to Jane Doe in Marin County.
Quote from COP
"Depending on what type of x-rays they have - i.e.; how old Rose was when they were taken, if they include pre or post dental work shots - etc... I should be able to have our forensic odontologist compare the two fairly quickly and rule Rose in or out before the end of next week (if we receive the info in a
timely manner that is)".

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

That's a great development, Isabela, and should at least speed the identification along much quicker than the DNA results would have. Thanks so much for all of the work you do behind the scenes to move Rose's case along. And my continued thanks to DOA Cop for his amazing dedication to the people who can no longer speak for themselves.

Just got done rereading Rose's letters. I was looking for the part where she walked 3 nights to a bus station. I am going to try and see where they are located and what towns or cities they may be by.
Rose felt so alone and unloved when she wrote the letters and if she only knew now how many people truly care for her and want to help her . . . I hope one day soon she can read her thread on this forum and see for herself all the loving caring people at WS.
I'm trying to think positive I don't want Rose to be one of the Jane Does.

Debbie

ladyhawk said:
Just got done rereading Rose's letters. I was looking for the part where she walked 3 nights to a bus station. I am going to try and see where they are located and what towns or cities they may be by.
Rose felt so alone and unloved when she wrote the letters and if she only knew now how many people truly care for her and want to help her . . . I hope one day soon she can read her thread on this forum and see for herself all the loving caring people at WS.
I'm trying to think positive I don't want Rose to be one of the Jane Does.

Debbie
The letters are what drew me to this case....I wanted to just LOVE HER UP!

I hope you are right Debbie, that we are able to find her and she will know how much she has been missed and loved. I pray everyday that she was able to find her way, and everything straightened out for her, and she now has a life that is happy and that she is maybe married and has children, all who love her.

Let's keep hoping everyone......

I had mentioned before for awhile we were all concentrated on Synanon...now Isabella is doing a great job working with the Jane Does (just holla if you need us to do anything)....and your idea of looking into the 3 nights walking is exaclty what I want to do...we know when she was a synanon, we know when she left, that's where the trail goes cold, that's where we need to be concentrating.

I just ahven't had time to do any research, with new baby and hubbers schedule changing, it' has been NUTS fer me.

I would love to research exactly where Synanon was, and go out from there, a certain radius....find out what is there...exactly.....find out if we can get some help from someone in the area posting pictures of her with some info on her story...maybe someone remembers her and can get us to the next stop she made? Contact media within a certain radius asking them to run her story...this is my plan, just need hubby to get back on his reg schedule so I have time to do this!

He is off this Sunday, maybe a can get a few hours of down time to start the research, and get a list of what needs done, and do a shout out for help with the research?

Hi all, glad to say I am feeling much better now so I will start organizing the info I've been promising to email. I should have the first few emails done within the next few days.

Anyone with questions about this post, please PM me.

OK...trying to get a starting point, to go out from, to try and track Roses movements after leaving Synanon.

However, during research, and speaking with Julie, I am very confused.

Didn't Rose say in one of her letters she walked 3 nights to bus station?

What is confusing is, there was a bus station close.

Bart (the bus service there) had 1st passengers in 1972....between 9/11/72 and 1/29/73 I come up with 18 stations.

No service to San Fran, but did have service to Fremont in 72, Richmond early 73.

11 Sept 1972 - Oakland (MacArthur) - Fremont (44.8 km, 12 stations)
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]29 Jan 1973 - Oakland - Richmond (17.6 km, 6 stations)
[/font]
I want to get her story out there, along the roads/cities/towns/etc she may have traveled.....now I'm not sure where to begin :(

Any thoughts, ideas?

In Rose's last letter she said something about some people who evidently she was staying with and they were taking care of her. She also said that they thought that she was 19. I keep thinking about the "underground railroad". I wonder if that was who Rose was referring to? I spoke with a woman who told me that her church helped people who were leaving Synanon, She said that they would just show up in the middle of the night and were gone by the next morning. I would really like to get more information from her.

Thanks for MIDoes link. . .I completed the form and sent pictures. . .hope they get back to me SOON! Isabela

IsabelaPR said:
Thanks for MIDoes link. . .I completed the form and sent pictures. . .hope they get back to me SOON! Isabela
Glad to help. The more exposure she gets the better chance she comes home.

Did you notice they have a discussion board? If you go to the home page you will find it. OMG! I just went there and noticed there are 5 pages of Missing Women they have listed. Unbelievable...

Here are some staggering statistics on runaways in general:

Recent statistics cited by the National Runaway Switchboard show that:
1 in 7 kids between the ages of 10 and 18 will run away
Some will return within a few days, but others will remain on the streets and will never return home
<LI>The National Runaway Switchboard handles more than 100,000 phone calls annually The danger of running away gained national attention in 1973 when police discovered the bodies of 27 youths buried in shallow graves in Houston, Texas. Congress passed the Runaway and Homeless Youth Act (Title III) in 1974, and Florida’s first runaway shelters were created. The Florida Network now offers services throughout Florida, operating 31 youth crisis centers and more than 100 family counseling sites.

According to the National Runaway Switchboard, on any given day between 1.3 and 2.6 million youths live on our nation’s streets. It is estimated that 5,000 runaway and homeless youths die from assault, illness and suicide in the U.S. every year.

THese figures are taken from a 2004 study, so I doubt the figures were as high in 1973, but the figures are shocking when you consider 1-2 million runaways are living on the street at any given time in America.

http://www.lsfnet.org/news/news.asp?itemid=176

shadowangel said:
A quick check of some of my resources shows a Rose Leanna Cole who graduated from a high school in NE in June of '73, at which time the Rose in question would have been almost 17.

Most likely a coincidence, but the name does not appear to be all that common and the similiarity in age makes the match intriguing.
The above was from post #4 on page 1 of this thread. Did anyone ever look at this Rose Cole closer? Rose would have just turned 16 not 17 but according to Julie (former Synanon member) that was pretty common for kids to finish High School at a very early age.

Shadow, Isabella later discovered that Rose's middle name was actually Lena, and not Leanna. Don't know if that helps you or not.

From Cop in California ~ Regarding Jane Doe

"Mr. and Mrs. COLE,

I received the dental charting from Motts. They are a negative match. Rose had work done of two of her upper front teeth #7 and #8 - Jane DOE did not.

This is considered a positive "rule out" at this point.

I'm so sorry to deliver this news, especially after all the work you have done.

If there is anything I can do for you in the future or any advice I send your way - please don't hesitate to contact me.

If you need a copy of the dental reords for your files, forward me your mailing address and I'll drop a copy in the mail.

Take care and God bless"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member