Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he will have a hard time claiming NC was crazy...there is too much family and community support for her. Where is his group of supporters?
I agree... I was just hypothisizing what possible defense strategy he would use...

Again..I am wondering, if by any chance the Carrie at the bottom left of the page is the one she may have been going to run with just a thought.

She may have known her because she graduated with Brad.http://www.mgt.ncsu.edu/profiles/stu...ll07/index.php:confused:

It doesn't look like she was in the MBA program. He looks like he has a graduate hood, but she doesn't. The bachelor's program is much larger and I wouldn't think would be very familiar w/ MBA candidates.

Well I have a lot of unanswered questions. :waitasec: I keep looking at the body language of Brad and Nancy in this picture. Standing close together, and looking happy. This was seven months ago. If it is correct that he has been having an affair for one year this picture doesn't seem to show Nancy to be as upset as I would have been.

Secondly, if you go on further down on the page there is a "carrie" who was in his class. Could this have been the friend she was going to go jogging with? Just a long shot..but it peaked my interest in many ways.http://www.mgt.ncsu.edu/profiles/students/2007/gradfall07/index.php
interesting! He just graduated. His suicide attempt was reported as being around that time. A little stress from his thesis perhaps LOL

I don't remember that at all. All I remember is Mrs Adams had an odd feeling after talking with Brad on the phone. So she called LE. He was off supposedly looking for Carrie's number.

This is how I remember it too. A few posts up I was making reference to Brad taking too much time to call Nancys' family. By the time the local LE's were called and they called him...it would have been at this point that I would have fully expected Brad to contact her family and say...hey just wanted you to know xyz". Can anyone find that?

I'm trying to find the link for the custody petition and the item that they mentioned...I think there was something about the time lapse in which they found out...and we know his family wasn't even informed until after that.

Regarding who ended up calling the police Sat afternoon. I think Mrs Adams said that after she and Brad discussed Nancy missing, that he agreed with her that the police should be called. That was discussed and it was (mutually) agreed that when they hung up she would call. She did. Then she called Brad back and they discussed that call. Doesn't anyone else remember this?

The only report that I heard about this was to say that Brad told Mrs. Adams that he was going to look for "Carrie's" phone number. When Mrs. Adams hung up, she decided to call police. I never heard that she told Brad of her intentions, or discussed calling the police with him. IMO, one reason she was concerned enough to call police was due to Brad's nonchalance about her whereabouts.

Has there been any mention about the level of support Brad got from Nancy regarding his iron man training?

I'm curious how big of a bone of contention this was for them, especially since she also trains for marathons.

In my house it would be problematic, but I know households where both spouses are very athletic.

I don't remember that at all. All I remember is Mrs Adams had an odd feeling after talking with Brad on the phone. So she called LE. He was off supposedly looking for Carrie's number.
SuziQ...hey there good buddy! That was the way I remember it too. Interviews with the friend were also sort of cryptic making me think more was said than what is being reported:waitasec:

I'm astonished that there has not been an arrest, and we still have no clue
about the cause of death.
And, all of the bags of evidence taken from the house, I hope LE is going over everything twice with a fine toothed comb.
I wonder if Mr. Brad will be going to Canada for his wife's funeral. Has anyone mentioned this?
I am thinking she was beat. I read on Fox where one of the lawyers( I believe it was one of Brad's lawyer's too) said something like, We will find out who attacked nancy."

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

I wonder if this is this attorney's first high profile case?:confused:

He's going to be very disappointed this weekend when he wanders the internet and see that his little news conference didn't stop the speculation one bit, but most likely brought attention to him as a...........well.............defense attorney!:waitasec: We know what most people think about them!:eek:

:D
JMHO
fran

PS.....After all, this is the internet and an opinion board and free speech and all that. I can say what I want! humph! ;)
Yup...it's our party!

Well, he 'may have' meant it that way but what he's really saying is, 'my client doesn't want to speak in public because he's watched the guys before him say stupid stuff that helped get them convicted because they were contradictory statements of what was later proven to have not been the case.'

Or, ..........something like that.

:boohoo:He was making excuses for Brad hiding behind the closed doors.:boohoo:

JMHO
fran
Well, I sure as heck hope he didn't expect it to stop us!

I don't know how much authority anyone would have to keep him from going to Canada for the service unless he was formally charged, but I do have to wonder if Canada has a law against extraditing people to a state with the death penalty.
As far as I know Canada won't extradite if the DP is possible, so I would think if LE intends to arrest him they'd do so before he had the opportunity to go there. Even if they don't seek the DP in this case, it still would be much easier than to try to get him back from there. :)

Let the influx of anonymous new members that work for the defense attorney begin! lol All kinds of interesting theories will abound once that starts. Ugh.

:bang:
Yeah...as if it hasn't started already. Ugh is right!

Let the influx of anonymous new members that work for the defense attorney begin! lol All kinds of interesting theories will abound once that starts. Ugh.

:bang:

You mean like the one about the band of gypsies who could've camped on that desolate cul-de-sac? The ones who are on a cross-country murder spree with each victim looking like an isolated incident?

Has there been any mention about the level of support Brad got from Nancy regarding his iron man training?

I'm curious how big of a bone of contention this was for them, especially since she also trains for marathons.

quote]

Someone earlier posted an exerpt from one of his blogs...saying seeing his family at the finish line made his race day perfect or something to that effect. I tend to think that a wonderful person such as Nancy would support her husband just as much as she did her children... which according to family and friends was above and beyond.

As for the bone of contention... I am speaking from experience here as well as for the level of support I provide for my very own iron~hubby :

Ironman training is beyond time consuming and it takes a lot of family support and understanding. The typical week of training in my family is this when preparing for a race:

monday~ morning run of 45 minutes followed by a 30 minute interval training on the fluid trainer (dohicky that you put your actual bike on...cost around 400 dollars... two pairs of running shoes that you alternate to avoid injury....250 dollars...wetsuit 150 dollars, speedo 25 dollars....pool fees....we spend `400 a year for the membership.)

still on monday....at lunch swim laps for an hour. Ride bike to the pool and back to work...

still on monday.... eat dinner...(fast!)... gear up for two hour road ride followed by a 30 minute jog (called a brick when you bike then run). (training bike....400 dollars.....racing bike with carbon fiber frame....2500 dollars.....tri bars for bike `200 dollars.....spinergy wheels 700 dollars...drinking system...and bako box for eating system.....together 75 dollars... bike shorts and jerseys...tons of them....`at least a grand all together...extra tubes and tire change kit...50 dollars...

Tuesday thru friday....same as monday

Saturday....5 hour bike ride followed by hour run (big brick)

Sunday......rest day...which includes an 'easy' run or 'easy spin' of an hour or so

other costs....gatorade (tons of it), powerbars (I buy them by the case...not cheap..and dh usually eats 7 of them a day), goo, race entry fees (also not cheap), travel to race and hotel fees (usually three to four days before an ironman and one day after)

All that being said on the training you can see how important it is to have family support and it can be a HUGE bone of contention if there are other problems or issues in the family.

I have and always will support my dh...as he loves it..and is actually quite good~ He raced on the all army triathlon team and they paid for ironman hawaii one year!

The way I dealt with the long rides when my son was a baby..we got the trek rocket and a racing tandem..and we did the five hour rides together. Now that my son is older we let him play with friends or my son rides the tandem with his dad.

I now make my own power bars and that saves some money...and my dh does a lot of pimping out his bike with duct tape.

lol

Sorry to be so long winded....but I thought it would provide some insight.

Also, just being around the tri world...I can say that it the narcissist's dream sport! my dh also tends to be full of himself most of the time and THAT can get very old very quick.

ps, forgot to include price of personal trainer (forty five bones a month), kettler spinner (800)

pps, just had this thought...what if BC's partner in things adulterous is also a triathlete....

You mean like the one about the band of gypsies who could've camped on that desolate cul-de-sac? The ones who are on a cross-country murder spree with each victim looking like an isolated incident?

Don't forget..... there's a Zodiac killer in Fayetteville.

:floorlaugh::rolling::rolling::rolling::takeoff:eek:r the satanic cult that has been abducting all the cats in the area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member