Deceased/Not Found TN - Marsha Brantley, 51, Cleveland, May 2009 *Arrest*

OMG - I just saw this on the local news feed and it shows this case is still very much ongoing:

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/to...p=0&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So unfortunately they didn't find anything, but it says the concrete was "disturbed" so maybe she was there at one time, then moved. Clearly the local police are on this.
If she had been there at one time and later moved the dog still would have alerted as the soil would have been contaminated with decomp fluids. JMO IMO

https://www.facebook.com/groups/109460872422148/

The next hearing in the Missing Marsha Rader Brantley case will be Thursday the 28th of March. I think it is scheduled for 9:00 a.m.

This is part of the criminal case

http://www.bradleysheriff.com/content/view/1035/45/

Love that the sheriff keeps her info on his page

Thank you so much for posting this, fhc!

This case is near and dear to my heart. It is one of the first ones I followed on WS and it still tears at my heart. The thought that Marsha was 'possibly' (giving a particular immediate family member my necessary "out") alienated from her friends and family and then not identified as missing for some time, absolutely horrifies me.

If the 'alleged' scum-bucket thinks he will get away with it he is sorely mistaken. My hats off to Marsha's extended family for staying in for the fight for the long haul.

While I never knew Marsha, and don't live anywhere close to her home, after reading her wonderful writing and blog I know that I would have liked her so much as a friend. She seems to have been such a low key, lovely soul.

I still think of you, Marsha. You cannot simply be 'erased'.

All jmo, naturally.

(P.S. - the other case that affected me similarly was the Jody Rilee Wilson case. It is soooooo obvious what happened, and yet her family still waits for justice. They have been so strong.)

According to Marsha's facebook page the judge turned the hearing over to the Grand Jury.
I'll keep checking the local news outlets to see if they post any news about it.

this is really sad I live in TN and here on WS is the first i have heard of this case...they really should have more out about it especially locally

I still wonder if the trailer was thoroughly checked over for evidence. It is very strange that it was hidden for so long. Did they have dogs check the trailer and/or home for the scent of human remains? This family deserves answers! Dang! They need help getting answers!! :frustrated:

I still wonder if the trailer was thoroughly checked over for evidence. It is very strange that it was hidden for so long. Did they have dogs check the trailer and/or home for the scent of human remains? This family deserves answers! Dang! They need help getting answers!! :frustrated:

iirc, they did check the house but it was like 2 years later and the trailer was hidden at the time of the search.

I just am not certain or confident that LE has really tried everything they can to nail this guy or to find answers that are available. Hopefully I am wrong. In a lot of cases, it takes one very dedicated detective to push and get answers.

Ita, at one time there was a reporter that showed interest and actually was vital, jmo, in getting the TBI involved, if only for a moment :( It doesn't help that he never reported her missing and everyone was clueless that she was missing for 6+months. He had no problem blowing her inheritance, guess the money ran out, jmo. And his failed business and sport activities, oh, he makes me really angry.

This coming weekend Marsha will have been gone four years, they don't know the exact day Marsha went missing. Hoping justice will come quickly for her.

bumping for Marsha as we head into July 4th celebrations.

I wish she was around to celebrate with her loved ones.

http://www.clevelandbanner.com/view...--hearing--is-Aug--26?instance=homesecondleft

An Aug. 26 hearing has been set for a man accused of hindering a secured creditor regarding a missing travel trailer.

The case is set for plea or status. Meanwhile in Greenville this weekend, the family of Marsha Rader Brantley will place a memorial marker in her remembrance at her parents’ grave.

Read more: Cleveland Daily Banner - Brantley hearing is Aug 26

According to a reporter and family members Donnie Ray Brantley has been charged with 1st Degree Murder of Marsha Brantley !

from her facebook page:
"At this very moment, DONNIE RAY BRANTLEY OS being booked on First-degree murder for the alleged death of Marsha Racer Brantley."

Will post news links as they come in.

:praying:

Justice for Marsha! Praying for her family. Thank you for the update little lulu.

:cheers:

What wonderful news! Finally some justice for Marsha!

And hopefully some degree of peace for her family members who have not given up on justice.

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/to...fter-wife-missing-since-2009-6789.shtml?wap=0

"Husband Arrested After Wife Missing Since 2009
The husband of a woman who has been listed as missing since 2009, has now been arrested for her murder -- that according to Jim Logan, the attorney representing the family of the missing woman.

Marsha Brantley was 51 years old when she was last seen in late May or early June of 2009. However she was not reported missing until November when a friend reported she had not been seen for several months.

At the time, Donnie Ray Brantley and Marsha Brantley were married, but Donnie told TBI investigators that his wife left him and they were planning to divorce, according to a spokesperson for the Bradley County Sheriff's Department.

Donnie Brantley was arrested Monday morning following an indictment by the Bradley County Grand Jury. He is charged with 1st degree murder."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back