Deceased/Not Found TN - Marsha Brantley, 51, Cleveland, May 2009 *Arrest*

We haven't forgotten about you Marsha.

This past weekend was Thanksgiving here in Canada. We spent joyous time with our families, laughing together, telling stories and sharing wonderful food. I know that your family would love to have you "home" by the time that American Thanksgiving rolls around next month. That is what I wish for you. Your family, and you, deserve no less. Love and sharing.

According to the family lawyer, they think Donnie is in Georgia somewhere and are asking for tips on his whereabouts. Someone knows something, Marsha deserves justice.

OMG - I just saw this on the local news feed and it shows this case is still very much ongoing:

Friday night we learned authorities are supervising as a construction company digs up the basement in Marsha Brantley's house.

. . . In April of 2010 the TBI searched the home for trace evidence, but nothing more happened. Friday night we witnessed law enforcement and a construction company at her home. Her family's lawyer, Jim Logan, tells us they're searching for her body. "It was discovered that there are portions of the concrete basement which have been disturbed. So, we have now begun to pull some of the concrete up and we're bringing in a cadaver dog for Lenior City."
In June, on behalf of Marsha Brantley's family attorney Jim Logan filed suit.
Late Friday night Logan said a cadaver dog didn't make a significant hit in the basement.
http://www.newschannel9.com/news/to...p=0&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So unfortunately they didn't find anything, but it says the concrete was "disturbed" so maybe she was there at one time, then moved. Clearly the local police are on this.

Thank you for posting ThoughtFox, I missed that! At least, they are looking!!!
Wonder why the TBI didn't see this when they searched the house before?

OMG - I just saw this on the local news feed and it shows this case is still very much ongoing:

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/to...p=0&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So unfortunately they didn't find anything, but it says the concrete was "disturbed" so maybe she was there at one time, then moved. Clearly the local police are on this.

hmmmm....Donnie used to have (still has?) a renovation business, didn't he? Just sayin'.

It's a shame they didn't find anything. (ThoughtFox, where did you see/hear that they didn't find anything? I didn't see it at the link your provided. Thanks!)

Something new, they found Donnie and he has been arrested. I have a mug shot to share.

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Georgia/Gwinnett-County-GA/Donnie-Ray-Brantley.29700180/details/

Thanks

Wow! Thanks for sharing this woodman. I know that this has been tough for your family.

Do you know what charges he was arrested under?

I have to commend Marsha's extended family for their dedication. It has been very inspiring. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to keep plugging away with various agencies to keep their focus on Marsha.

Wow! Thanks for sharing this woodman. I know that this has been tough for your family.

Do you know what charges he was arrested under?

I have to commend Marsha's extended family for their dedication. It has been very inspiring. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to keep plugging away with various agencies to keep their focus on Marsha.

A man wanted on a charge of hindering a secured creditor has been taken into custody by Bradley County Sheriff’s Office detectives.

Donnie Ray Brantley, 47, was arrested in Kingston, Ga., after investigators alleged he attempted to keep creditors from repossessing a travel trailer.

Brantley reportedly told investigators the camping trailer was at one location, but they learned during the investigation the Dutchman Denali camper was at another location. Brantley had allegedly made a false statement to the investigators.

Read more: Cleveland Daily Banner - Rogers charged Lewallen sought in burglary credit card fraud case

I hope investigators have checked out the trailer very well for evidence.

quote from the above link:
"Brantley was released from the Bradley County Jail after posting a $100,000 bond, according to Jail officials."

How much money would someone have to put up for 100,000 bond? All of it?

Hi, Donnie had a warrant for wrongful death charge. It took marshals to get him in Georgia and returned him to Tennessee. His Mother posted bond for the 100,000 dollars.
That means she paid 10% or just 10,000 dollars. We hope he just comes clean, its time to end this.
We were given Marsha's home by the local judge which is going to be sold, and the funds will all be used for attorney fees. We feel this is for a good cause. Marsha wood have agreed.

Thanks

Hi, Donnie had a warrant for wrongful death charge. It took marshals to get him in Georgia and returned him to Tennessee. His Mother posted bond for the 100,000 dollars.
That means she paid 10% or just 10,000 dollars. We hope he just comes clean, its time to end this.
We were given Marsha's home by the local judge which is going to be sold, and the funds will all be used for attorney fees. We feel this is for a good cause. Marsha wood have agreed.

Thanks

But doesn't this mean he can just run back to Georgia?

I'm a bit confused. So he was arrested on the 'hindering a secured creditor'. Was that the Georgia charge and then they returned him to TN, where he was served the warrant for wrongful death?

The family posted on Marsha's facebook page that there's a hearing /court date scheduled for January 17th at 9:00 in Cleveland.
Apparently about him lying about the whereabouts of the camper.

Will be watching the news tomorrow night for any reports.

Apparently Donnie's lawyer didn't have all his paperwork together and the hearing was postponed until a later date.

Marsha Brantley

What a tragic case. Her wedding pics on the FB page say she was married 3/31/09; apparently they're off by 9 yrs.

you are correct Roselvr..just a mistake on the years married.

I hope there are things going on behind the scenes ...seems like the news about Marsha is down to a trickle.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR197708
Back