Deceased/Not Found TN - Marsha Brantley, 51, Cleveland, May 2009 *Arrest*

http://www.clevelandbanner.com/view/full_story/15629170/article-Marsha-Brantley-family-offering-reward?instance=latest_articles

Marsha Brantley family offering reward
“Jana and I gave family members a form to fill out consisting of their personal information and the amount they were willing to contribute to the reward fund. When we collected the forms and totaled them, we had a total of $5,000,” Medra said.

“Hopefully the governor (Bill Haslam) will match that.”

State Rep. Kevin Brooks got on the bandwagon recently when family and friends of Brantley met at the Bradley County Sheriff’s Office prior to a poster blitz in Cleveland and Kingston, Ga., reportedly Donnie Brantley’s hometown, according to Medra.

Brooks said, “It hit home when I saw the poster.”

Brooks was entering a local restaurant and saw his former Lee alumni and co-worker’s family had been working to find answers to her disappearance.

Brooks has petitioned the governor’s office for specific reward money.

Still no news on the camper. :( I think if they find the camper they will find Marsha. There are lakes and rivers in the Townsend area.

FB page says that husband has abandoned the home that Marsha's dad built for her before she and hubby got married. Hmmm...

Info about the missing trailer has been posted on the Bradley County Sherriff's website:

2007%20denali%20camping%20trailer.jpg

Marsha Rader Brantley has been missing since May 2009.
Investigators have been unable to find Brantley's camping trailer which has the same markings as the trailer pictured above. When last seen an expired license tag was displayed, 49463 TE. Any information should be given to the Bradley County Sheriff's Office by calling , or . You can click the photo of the camper for a larger image and better view of its markings.

You can send information via email to brantley@bradleysheriff.com.

http://www.bradleysheriff.com/

On the family's Facebook page they are suggesting that people check those free RV/camper sales magazines, just in case someone tries to sell it there.

Now that's a big "camper"! Any chance this type of vehicle has a VIN that can be tracked?

Here is a link to campgrounds in Townsend, I'm not familiar with any lakes in the area, it's mostly mountains. We drive through there going to Pigeon Forge (back route). Anyway, there's the little pigeon river but it's a really small river, no way to hide a camper in that.
Also close is Cades Cove. I wonder if he may have sold the camper, and it's not been registered. Shady deals happen all the time.

http://www.townsendchamber.org/

Here is a link to campgrounds in Townsend, I'm not familiar with any lakes in the area, it's mostly mountains. We drive through there going to Pigeon Forge (back route). Anyway, there's the little pigeon river but it's a really small river, no way to hide a camper in that.
Also close is Cades Cove. I wonder if he may have sold the camper, and it's not been registered. Shady deals happen all the time.

http://www.townsendchamber.org/

Thanks lulu. I noticed that there are some lakes (or dammed up rivers) between Townsend and Cleveland. Would they be big enough to dump that bit camper in?

Snoopster, sure there are plenty. Parksville lake is a big lake that the Ocoee River feeds into, there's also Watts Bar, Tellico Lake, there are plenty of lakes around, I just don't know of any that close to Townsend.
I was thinking today about the camper, it could be anywhere. I wonder if LE has sent notices out to all the campgrounds, even a notice in the RV sales listings would be helpful.

Info about the missing trailer has been posted on the Bradley County Sherriff's website:

2007%20denali%20camping%20trailer.jpg

http://www.bradleysheriff.com/

On the family's Facebook page they are suggesting that people check those free RV/camper sales magazines, just in case someone tries to sell it there.

Gotta figure it can't be that easy to hide a camper, especially one that size in lake/river. Don't think it could be driven in to deep water? Wonder if there is a any high-tech way of locating something like that from the sky - sort of like submarine location done by the military...

Gotta figure it can't be that easy to hide a camper, especially one that size in lake/river. Don't think it could be driven in to deep water? Wonder if there is a any high-tech way of locating something like that from the sky - sort of like submarine location done by the military...

I don't think it would be possible to hide one in a lake either. All the rural areas around here in the woods and mountain properties, It could be hidden that way. I read on FB where if it's still in the state of Tennessee they wouldn't have to change the tags. My thoughts are...it wasn't sold legally or there would be traceable paperwork on it. It's a RV that you would remember seeing, especially with the markings.
I am constantly looking for this RV when we are out, I just wish more people in this area were more aware of this case. I live about 20 minutes from Cleveland and didn't know about it until I found it here on Websleuths.

Thanks again, Lulu.

I wish we could get word out broader, as well. I wonder if anyone here on WS is tapped into various RV forums. Then they could post a 'keep your eye out for' type message.

It would also help if this case received some attention beyond lil ol Cleveland. If only media in larger centers in Tennessee and Georgia would pick it up.

In the end it really comes down to the fact that there are many unsolved cases, particularly those where there is possible involvement by a significant other. :(

There will be a segment about Missing Marsha Brantley on the 6 o'clock and 11 o'clock news Thursday night (tonight) on WDEF Channel 12. Please watch.
If they post a video on their website I'll post it here.

http://wdef.com/news/cold_case_marsha_brantley/11/2011

"It has been more than two years since Marsha Brantley felt that fall breeze rustle though her wind chime, and then her hair.
It has been two years since her meticulous hands touched her flowerbed or favorite book on her front porch.
Kelly DeLude, says, "I don't believe she is still among us. I think she is in heaven."
Suddenly, any sense of peace you got from one of life's little luxuries is gone.
Friends and family need to know where is Marsha Brantley?
This published author is best described as private, maybe a little reserved, but never impulsive.
DeLude adds, "She loved to hike, loved the outdoors, and she loved Donnie. She spoke about him frequently, in fact, that's all we really talked about."
The usual topic of Marsha's conversation's was her husband of 9 years, Donnie Brantley.
That was until she vanished in June of 2009.

But with family members hundreds of miles away it took almost half a year for anyone to realize it.
DeLude says, "She just wouldn't take off."
DeLude was Marsha's hairdresser for several years, and was one of the first to notice she was missing.
She adds, "It's been sad, and hard because I don't have a good feeling about it in my heart."
Those gut feelings lead her, and Marsha's neighbors to ask Donnie one very important question, where is Marsha?
His response, according to the TBI, is she left me.
DeLude says, "I saw no indication of that, and we saw no indication of that on her facebook or blogs."

Actually it was quite the opposite.
An entry made by Marsha shortly before she disappeared said, "I love you more than I ever thought possible."
And our investigation found no divorce filings for the two in Bradley County.
At Marsha's house you can see over grown grass, but no sign of Donnie Brantley."

More at link above

What a sad, sad case!!

I have NO faith in the TBI! Thank goodness a local LEO took an interest. Where is Marsha? :(

Bumping this up for Marsha, sadly, I've heard no news about her lately. Even her facebook page is quiet.

Well that answers my question about whether TBI had searched the camper. Clearly they haven't...since they haven't been able to locate it! I would check lakes near Towsend.

I'm so sorry that you haven't been found yet, Marsha!
Townsend is in Blount Co, just east of Loudon Co TN where human remains were found Jan 19th, 2012.

http://www.wate.com/story/16560666/human-remains-found-in-loudon-county

Thread at link:
TN Human skull wrapped in a blanket found in Loudon Co. Jan 19, 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://www.clevelandbanner.com/view...ind-missing-Brantley?instance=latest_articles

by By GREG KAYLOR Banner Staff Writer
18 mins 56 secs ago |

It’s been more than 2 1/2 years since Cleveland resident Marsha Brantley disappeared.

<snipped>
BCSO detectives located what they believed to be a “missing recreational vehicle owned by the couple which revealed no clues to her disappearance. TBI officials combed through the Brantley home in spring 2010 looking for clues.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back