Deceased/Not Found TN - Marsha Brantley, 51, Cleveland, May 2009 *Arrest*

Something is not adding up. I do not know whose home the TBI is searching, but I can take a very good guess.

If she is writing about how much she loves him, why did another post talk about a possible divorce action? Do we know this to be true?

In all of her posting, Marsha talked very lovingly about her husband, how much she loved him and how he was the greatest happiness in her life. IIRC there weren't any posts mentioning a possible divorce action.

The only reference I have seen to "possible divorce proceedings" were in news articles where the comment was attributed to Donnie. That was his excuse for not reporting her missing.....that she had left him. But if she left him, where did she go?? She doesn't seem to have any close relatives and her small group of friends don't know where she is. Did she leave her beloved dogs behind?

Smells fishy IMO.

I hope that Marsha is safe but considering that her own 'husband' didn't report her missing, "eraser" comes to mind. :(

Link to Economy Honda Masters cycling team blog. Donnie was a member of the team as of the 2009 season:

http://ehondacycling.blogspot.com/

I hope this isn't the same Donald Brantley and I have to emphasize that I certainly don't know that it is. A Donald W. Brantley was convicted with reckless aggravated assault and carrying a weapon with intent to harm. His appeal was denied in March 1996. He owned some properties in Winchester TN (just west of Chatanooga) and got in an argument with a tenant and shot him in the face with a gun. Does anyone know how we can find out if this is the same Donald Brantley?

http://www.tsc.state.tn.us/OPINIONS/TCCA/PDF/971/brantley.pdf

Link to Economy Honda Masters cycling team blog. Donnie was a member of the team as of the 2009 season:

http://ehondacycling.blogspot.com/

I hope this isn't the same Donald Brantley and I have to emphasize that I certainly don't know that it is. A Donald W. Brantley was convicted with reckless aggravated assault and carrying a weapon with intent to harm. His appeal was denied in March 1996. He owned some properties in Winchester TN (just west of Chatanooga) and got in an argument with a tenant and shot him in the face with a gun. Does anyone know how we can find out if this is the same Donald Brantley?

http://www.tsc.state.tn.us/OPINIONS/TCCA/PDF/971/brantley.pdf

Thanks Snoopster. I believe Marsha's husband's name is:

Donnie Ray Brantley

but will certainly look further......

I'm glad to hear that it doesn't appear to be the same person!

So, why did Marsha leave the Thunder Rock Writers group? She was one of the founding members but "left" the group within 6 months. Marsha talked excitedly about the group on her blog. Did she have other problems going on in her life? Or, was she just going though a rough inner emotional patch?

I wonder what her group of friends saw over the course of the six months. Did she just gradually talk to them less and less? Or, did she just suddenly stop communicating with them?

I hope you're safe Marsha.

Anything new in the local news or blogs recently? Have LE honed in on her husband, or are they pursuing other possible avenues as well?

With no close family to keep Marsha's case front and centre in the public's eye, I want to ensure she's not forgotten! Where are you Marsha?

Unfortunately, I think we all know how this is going to end. I'm really hoping TBI can find some evidence left from Marsha's 'disappearance' almost a year ago, but I do fear it's been so long and her murderer has had a chance to destroy all evidence. On the doe network site, it's amazing how many women have disappeared, and, due to the circumstances it's clear that their husband/significant other murdered them, but because of the lack of solid forensic evidence they are never charged. It is so sad. Marsha sounds like a lovely lady, and like someone I would have liked to have known.

bumping for Marsha. Hoping for some good news, but not optimistic. :(

It seems her husband no longer has his USAcycling membership and is no longer affiliated with the handyman franchise. So...

It seems her husband no longer has his USAcycling membership and is no longer affiliated with the handyman franchise. So...

Interesting. I wonder why... Maybe he is under social pressure and scrutiny and trying to lay low. There isn't any news from LE is there?

Anyone local on here? Where are the Tennessee folks?

I couldn't find any new news items, however there appears to be much greater discussion going on on the Missing:Marsha Rader Brantley FB page.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109460872422148&ref=mf#!/group.php?gid=109460872422148&v=wall&ref=mf

Her relatives have been found and made aware of the situation. They have been in touch with the TBI agent who is apparently still quite active on the case. It sounds like some of her relatives fell out of touch with Marsha after Marsha's parents passed away.

A couple of Marsha's acquaintances spoke with her just prior to the Memorial Day weekend last May. No one on the FB page is aware of anyone speaking to her after that time. :(

Additional info from the FB page:
Marsha was an only child and apparently inherited a considerable amount of money from her parents, David and Dorothy. Dorothy was originally from Illinois while David was from TN.

I couldn't find any new news items, however there appears to be much greater discussion going on on the Missing:Marsha Rader Brantley FB page.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109460872422148&ref=mf#!/group.php?gid=109460872422148&v=wall&ref=mf

Her relatives have been found and made aware of the situation. They have been in touch with the TBI agent who is apparently still quite active on the case. It sounds like some of her relatives fell out of touch with Marsha after Marsha's parents passed away.

A couple of Marsha's acquaintances spoke with her just prior to the Memorial Day weekend last May. No one on the FB page is aware of anyone speaking to her after that time. :(

Thank you so much for staying on top of this one. It was disturbing to think Marsha could vanish and no one was looking for her. Her husband should be compelled to answer some hard questions. I'm so glad her extended family is involved and a TBI agent is actively working on finding Marsha.

It's now been over a year since anyone has seen Marsha. She was last spoke to her friends just before Memorial Day weekend.

Hopefully Tennessee Bureau of Investigation will solve this case soon.

Thinking of you and your loved ones, Marsha.

While there doesn't appear to be any new developments on Marsha's disappearance, there continues to be wonderful comments and support on Marsha's "missing" FB page. I checked back in and many continue to pray for her safe return, or, in the case of the worst scenario, pray that justice will prevail.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2742340&id=76234085534#!/group.php?gid=109460872422148&ref=ts

One of her fellow Thunder Rock writers' club members indicates that shortly before they became aware of Marsha's disappearance, about a year ago, they received an email from Marsha indicating that she would not be coming out any more. They had a few emails back and forth on the topic, but she 'remained firm'. Now they are wondering if it was actually her writing the emails. :(

No real updates on the investigation which continues to be performed by the TBI; however, Bradley County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Wayne Bird became very interested in the case today. He has returned to Bradley County after a recent election. Hang on folks. The ride could speed up. I mentioned it to him today and he immediately began taking notes.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back