CA - Xiana Fairchild, 7, abducted & murdered, Vallejo, 9 Dec 1999

Curtis Dean Anderson surprised court observers today by pleading guilty to the molestation and murder of 7-year-old Xiana Fairchild.

Anderson was immediately sentenced to 50 years to life in prison during the hearing in San Jose.

The girl's aunt said the guilty plea helps some. "It is a sense of some satisfaction," said Stephanie Kalalekulu. "It's not closure. The wound's going to stay open. You know, it wouldn't be closure unless she came home."

Anderson was scheduled to go on trial for Fairchild's murder next year. Prosecutors were reportedly seeking the death penalty.
http://www.kxtv10.com/storyfull2.aspx?storyid=14819

mysteriew said:
Curtis Dean Anderson surprised court observers today by pleading guilty to the molestation and murder of 7-year-old Xiana Fairchild.

Anderson was immediately sentenced to 50 years to life in prison during the hearing in San Jose.

The girl's aunt said the guilty plea helps some. "It is a sense of some satisfaction," said Stephanie Kalalekulu. "It's not closure. The wound's going to stay open. You know, it wouldn't be closure unless she came home."

Anderson was scheduled to go on trial for Fairchild's murder next year. Prosecutors were reportedly seeking the death penalty.
http://www.kxtv10.com/storyfull2.aspx?storyid=14819
That's all the time he got? 50-Life? Not the death penalty??? I'm so disgusted with what he did to that sweet little girl. The only real justice I hope he gets is to be put in gen pop. I hope everyone there gets to read the news stories of his crime!!!

I'm glad he pleaded. That means no trial, right?

And the family will be spared seeing the crime scene photo's and hearing info they don't need to hear.

Plus, no tax payers money wasted on this jerk.

I read somewhere else that the reason they didn't go after the death penalty was because he has colon cancer and they didn't think he would live long enough to see the needle anyway.

Colon cancer is painful....may this man suffer just as much as that little girl suffered. May they hold back on pain medication when he really needs it.

This guy reminds me of John Couey. They both treated the little girls the same way if they are both telling the truth. Reading what he did to that little girl made me sick to my stomach. I can't imagine being in her parents shoes and knowing what my little girl suffered before she died. I would want to kill this man with my bare hands. Hell won't be hot enough for him.

Glad his brother testified against him. That takes courage but thank God some
family members do the right thing.....like John Smith too....Carly B.

I hadn't heard that about the . I so hope that is true! It is awful, I know I should not be like that, but I watched this little girl's story unfold day by day- each day worse than the day before.
I hope someday her family is able to obtain some peace.
I hope the dies, in great pain.

Bobbisangel said:
IThis guy reminds me of John Couey. They both treated the little girls the same way if they are both telling the truth. Reading what he did to that little girl made me sick to my stomach. I can't imagine being in her parents shoes and knowing what my little girl suffered before she died. I would want to kill this man with my bare hands. Hell won't be hot enough for him.

Glad his brother testified against him. That takes courage but thank God some
family members do the right thing.....like John Smith too....Carly B.
I live in Vallejo where Xiana lived when she was abducted. The really sad part about this is that her drug addicted mother had just recently pulled rank and took Xiana back from the aunt who had been raising her in Hawaii for most of her life.

Xiana's mother lived with her boyfriend, Bobby Turnbaugh. They were both on methamphetamines and reports stated they often locked Xiana out of the apt. That is supposedly when Anderson befriended Xiana. He drove a cab amd cabs often park downtown near the apts. waiting for fares. It was also rumored that Anderson got high with Xiana's mother and her boyfriend at their apt. on occasion so the poor kid may have thought it was safe to talk to mommy's friend.

The investigation was focused on the mother and her boyfriend because they told conflicting stories about what she wore to school that day (the outfit they said she wore was found in the washer or dryer), they didn't participate much in the search efforts while the aunt diligently searched for Xiana. She was visibly distraught. The mother on the other hand, seemed to protest her innocence more than focus on finding her daughter. She appeared on the Leeza Gibbons Show in exchange for a new leather outfit to wear on the show and free accomodations.

It was pretty evident who Xiana's real parent was. The aunt that had loved and cared for her. If she would've been able to continue living with her auntie she would be alive today.

And regarding Anderson's brother testifying...he's trying to cover his own *advertiser censored**. According to reports, they suspect he knew about Xiana being held and are considering filing charges. Anderson pleaded guily anyway so I hope the brother gets prosecuted too.

Oh.......this is the saddest thing I have read in a long time!!! its tragic, were there no neighbours, callers? if there were then they are guilty, & may their consciences bite at them forever.

How did this little girl, get taken from an Aunt that loved & cared for her? what or whos signature allowed this to happen? Were there no back up visits after she was returned.......so many questions. This child should still be in the safe home she was in, & alive today!!!:furious:

What I want to know is did this piece of subhuman excretia name the other pedophiles he rented his hapless victim out to before he killed her?
Killing's too good for this .

BillyGoatGruff said:
What I want to know is did this piece of subhuman excretia name the other pedophiles he rented his hapless victim out to before he killed her?
Killing's too good for this .
IF my memory serves me right, they questioned a roommate and Anderson's brother who was believed to have visited the room where Xiana was held. I have to go back through the local papers to verify that. I believe that is why his brother was ready to testify had Anderson not pled guilty. It wasn't because his conscience got to him, he was considering what might happen to him and was trying to do a favor for a favor. They don't need him now though since Anderson finally admitted what he did. I hope they give him the usual welcoming ceremony for child molesters in prison. Who cares if he's in a wheelchair, that just means he can't get away, just like he kept Xiana from doing and tried to keep Midsi from doing.

Our town is fairly small and there was talk of Anderson visiting a lady friend and confiding in her that he kidnapped Xiana-it was a while before she told the police. I hope they prosecute her, too. I'll post the articles when I find them.

Here's an excerpt from an article that states Anderson knew Xiana's mom and child abuser-boyfriend Robert Turnbough:

Another girl, seven-year old Xiana Fairchild, is still missing after having disappeared in December 1999 in Vallejo. Antoinette Robinson, Xiana's mother, said that a mutual friend introduced her to Anderson, a man who walked with a conspicuous limp and who neighborhood children called "Dean" or "Cabman". Children reported that Anderson used his cab to pick up children and drive them to school, a report the Vallejo police later disputed. Robinson and her boyfriend Turnbough, who is a convicted child abuser, took Anderson to their studio apartment on Georgia Street in Vallejo in November or early December 1999. Anderson met Xiana at her mother's apartment. Robinson stated, "He didn't seem to take any particular notice of Xiana. His interest wasn't in her." Robinson's boyfriend helped Anderson repair his Chevrolet Suburban. On December 18, 1999, Anderson appeared at the Xiana volunteer center to offer to help search for Xiana. There are reports that Anderson also appeared at the volunteer center to help search for the Vallejo girl.

and read the comments he made:

Anderson also offered no apologies for his crimes, but said he was not evil. "It was just what I wanted to do at the time," Anderson said. "I'm just a regular guy except when I'm doing crimes."

He also expressed no remorse over preying on children. "If someone is coming to kill you, does it matter if you're 7 or 30?" Anderson asked.

What's the slowest, most painful way to die??? I wish this on him a million times longer whatever it is. He has made comments like this since day 1. I think he does it to torment the families.

itsreenw said:
Here's an excerpt from an article that states Anderson knew Xiana's mom and child abuser-boyfriend Robert Turnbough:

Anderson also offered no apologies for his crimes, but said he was not evil. "It was just what I wanted to do at the time," Anderson said. "I'm just a regular guy except when I'm doing crimes."
"it's just wanted I
wanted to do at the time".
If that's not the definition of Evil, I don't know what is.

Son Of Xiana Fairchild Killer Faces Murder Charge

Police had been looking for the 19-year-old Anderson since a warrant was issued for his arrest in late November. Anderson was taken into custody on Thursday after police got a tip he was in Pinole.

His father is serving a 50-year prison sentence after pleading guilty to the molestation and murder of 7-year-old Xiana Fairchild.

Before being sentenced in that case, the elder Anderson was already was serving 251 years for another kidnapping in 2000.

http://www.kcra.com/news/6279105/detail.html

itsreenw said:
I live in Vallejo where Xiana lived when she was abducted. The really sad part about this is that her drug addicted mother had just recently pulled rank and took Xiana back from the aunt who had been raising her in Hawaii for most of her life.

Diana's mother lived with her boyfriend, Bobby Turnbaugh. They were both on methamphetamines and reports stated they often locked Xiana out of the apt. That is supposedly when Anderson befriended Xiana. He drove a cab and cabs often park downtown near the apts. waiting for fares. It was also rumored that Anderson got high with Diana's mother and her boyfriend at their apt. on occasion so the poor kid may have thought it was safe to talk to mommy's friend.

The investigation was focused on the mother and her boyfriend because they told conflicting stories about what she wore to school that day (the outfit they said she wore was found in the washer or dryer), they didn't participate much in the search efforts while the aunt diligently searched for Xiana. She was visibly distraught. The mother on the other hand, seemed to protest her innocence more than focus on finding her daughter. She appeared on the Leeza Gibbons Show in exchange for a new leather outfit to wear on the show and free accomodations.

It was pretty evident who Xiana real parent was. The aunt that had loved and cared for her. If she would've been able to continue living with her auntie she would be alive today.

And regarding Anderson's brother testifying...he's trying to cover his own *advertiser censored**. According to reports, they suspect he knew about Xiana being held and are considering filing charges. Anderson pleaded guilty anyway so I hope the brother gets prosecuted too.

I wonder if the aunt ever had custody of this little girl. She must not have if the mom could just step in and take her. Why did she want to take that little one? Obviously she didn't really want her. Maybe a welfare check.

This is so sad in every way. I wonder if the mom even attended the hearings or pretrial hearing or the sentencing? Someone should catch her in a dark alley and just beat the living chit out of her and tell her why they are doing it. It had to have been horrible for that little girl to go from a loving home to one where no one cared about her.

Little children don't have a hard time thinking that a person is their friend. He had been to her apt and knew her mom so of course she probably went with him without a thought. Dam pervert.

If the brother had anything to do with this little girl I hope he gets his too. I should have known that there had to be something in it for him to testify. It's so rare that family will testify against each other. I will never understand that either. If one of my family did something this horrible I know that I wouldn't hesitate testifying against them. It would make me so sick I wouldn't ever be able to even look at them again.

He says:

If he really does have colon cancer then I'm glad that he didn't get the death penalty because he will have major pain right up the butt hole. Maybe he'll get a little idea what it would feel like to be sexually abused. He is pure evil but then so is every pervert. We shouldn't be surprised by anything that they say nor that they never show remorse. I hope some big ole bubbas get ahold of him in prison...colon cancer or not...and just tear him up every night that he lives.

Anderson is so sickeningly smug it makes my blood boil! Can you imagine the sheer terror little Xiana must have felt if infact she had been kept for the weeks leading up to her death? Not only to be kept there with this disgusting man but to be forced to all manner of repulsive things with him no doubt! Has it been established that she was kept with him for sure or can we hope that this was just BS on his part and hope that Xianas passing was not so bad?

There really needs to be a change in the law which bases itself on 'what goes around comes around'. Once they have admitted to these sorts of crimes (or indeed been found guilty of them) the public need to be allowed time with them to ensure they experience what theirvictims did. I am so mad after reading about the attitude of this man!

Bobbisangel said:
I wonder if the aunt ever had custody of this little girl. She must not have if the mom could just step in and take her. Why did she want to take that little one? Obviously she didn't really want her. Maybe a welfare check.

This is so sad in every way. I wonder if the mom even attended the hearings or pretrial hearing or the sentencing? Someone should catch her in a dark alley and just beat the living chit out of her and tell her why they are doing it. It had to have been horrible for that little girl to go from a loving home to one where no one cared about her.

Little children don't have a hard time thinking that a person is their friend. He had been to her apt and knew her mom so of course she probably went with him without a thought. Dam pervert.
Xiana's parents apparently moved out of state because of the way people were treating them...spitting on the sidewalk in front of them,etc. Meth use is associated with all forms of neglect and abusel, and meth use is rising at staggering levels.

Son of convicted killer Curtis Dean Anderson pleads no contest in Richmond slaying
Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

(03-14) 17:15 PDT RICHMOND -- The son of convicted killer Curtis Dean Anderson, who pleaded guilty in 2005 to kidnapping and killing a Vallejo girl, has pleaded no contest to killing a Richmond man, authorities said today.

Curtis Dean Anderson Jr., 20, entered a no-contest plea March 6 to voluntary manslaughter in the Nov. 26, 2005, slaying of Vance Fisher, 31, who was shot several times in a garage apartment at 5239 San Jose Ave.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/03/14/BAGBHOLCSP12.DTL&feed=rss.bayarea

The man who killed Xiana Fairchild has died. Curtis Dean Anderson, 46 passed away of natural causes Tuesday morning at a hospital in Bakersfield.

http://www.news10.net/display_story.aspx?storyid=36191

Good. I hope he burns in hell. I hope he suffered an excruciatingly painful death. Sick sonofabitch. :furious: :furious: :furious:

I hope right now, this very second, he is paying for his cruel deeds he committed while he walked the Earth.

Thank you for this news, chico. May he rest in Hell.

Lion

I'm sorry he's dead. I wish he lived with pain from cancer longer. I feel even hell is too good for him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back