GUILTY MO - Britny Haarup, 19, & Ashley Key, 22, Edgerton, 13 July 2012

The "second guy" mentioned above does have a facebook... there isn't much on it, though. He's not fb friends with either of the girls.

I checked his records online and he had a warrant out of for him for probation/parole violation. I know relatives of the girls and no one has said anything about anyone else being involved. I'm sure the investigation is still ongoing....so so sad...

I know it comes up in many cases- how could someone sleep through that?- but, with all the people I have known who are either heavy sleepers, take sleep aids, have the tv on, or fans running, or a combination, I do believe it is possible. What I do find hard to fathom is that he could pull off quietly removing two bodies from the house, in broad daylight, with no help. Jmo

KC, I know exactly what you are saying about the loyalty. IMO, men who think the way he confessed to thinking, objectify women. There is no need for loyalty to an object. But a fellow druggie is another story. At first , anyway. Once the reality of the consequences starts to set in, it seems they can't rat each other out fast enough. Just my opinion. Time will tell, I guess.

I also wanted to say that i doubt a locked door would have prevented this. If he was not deterred by the presence of an unexpected person, i have my doubts he would have been deterred by a locked door. Just moo again, but seems to me perps get by locked doors all the time.

Welcome KCMom. I am local also (my oldest granddaughter goes to school in Edgerton) and Sheriff Anderson lives down the road from me (altho I do not know him). Have a cousin who lives on County Line Rd near where some of this took place. It is indeed a small community where everybody knows everyone or someone who does.

My hubby is former LE and while the story may not make sense right now you have to remember that LE is not going to release all the info they may know at this time. If others are involved they may want them to think they are off the hook and maybe they will slip up and make a mistake so LE can arrest them.

Just my 2 cents.

Welcome KCMom. I am local also (my oldest granddaughter goes to school in Edgerton) and Sheriff Anderson lives down the road from me (altho I do not know him). Have a cousin who lives on County Line Rd near where some of this took place. It is indeed a small community where everybody knows everyone or someone who does.

My hubby is former LE and while the story may not make sense right now you have to remember that LE is not going to release all the info they may know at this time. If others are involved they may want them to think they are off the hook and maybe they will slip up and make a mistake so LE can arrest them.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree.... it just hit so close to home that I am obsessed with knowing all of the details. You just never imagine that it can happen to people you know. It is terrifying and I think I will just feel better when some of my questions are answered. Does that make sense? I just can't wrap my head around this at all...

I am not a frequent poster so please let me know if I am breaking any rules by posting this. It is the probably cause statement and it talks about an "associate" that Cliff claims picked him up from the property where he left the women and supposedly the guns.

http://media.kshb.com/NWT/pdf/CliffordMillerProbableCause.PDF

BT might be the person Miller gave the guns to sell.

What did Miller take out of the house in the diaper bag? The bloody towel?

Thank you for linking the probable cause statement AA_Mom. It's difficult to read the horrific details of the last moments of Ashley and Britny's lives. Even after all the cases I've read here, it's still hard to believe this kind of evil lives among us.

My thoughts are with their loved ones.

I agree.... it just hit so close to home that I am obsessed with knowing all of the details. You just never imagine that it can happen to people you know. It is terrifying and I think I will just feel better when some of my questions are answered. Does that make sense? I just can't wrap my head around this at all...

I understand. It is hard to think that such tragedy could happen in our small towns. I remember, very well, in 1977 the murder of a 14 year old local girl in PC. Went to school with her older brother/sisters and she was best friends with my future sis-in-law. I knew the murderer, too. He had always given me the creeps long before he killed. There was always speculation then too, that he had help from his father (after he killed her) but LE could never prove it. Hope that will not be the case this time and if others are involved (in any way, before or after) they will get them.

Britny Marie Haarup

Britny Marie Haarup, 19, a resident of Edgerton, MO died unexpectedly on Friday, July 13, 2012. She was born November 24, 1992 in St. Joseph, MO. Britny graduated from Park Hill South High School and was currently attending college.

Britny was an extremely bright young lady. She was both strong willed and strong minded. She embraced motherhood and every decision she made was based around what would be best for her children. Britny had a true zest for life and will be missed but not forgotten by all who knew her.

http://www.meyersfuneralchapel.com/northland/obituaries/2012/07/13/britny-marie-haarup/

Ashley Lynn Key

Ashley Lynn Key, 22, a resident of Edgerton, MO died unexpectedly on Friday, July 13, 2012. She was born November 9, 1989 in San Antonio, TX. Ashley was a graduate of Park Hill South High School.

Her beautiful smile and love for life will forever be in our hearts. Her daughter, Nevaeh, will now have her true Guardian Angel watching over her. Ashley’s love and memory will always be with the many family and friends who she leaves behind. She will be dearly missed.

http://www.meyersfuneralchapel.com/northland/obituaries/2012/07/13/ashley-lynn-key/

A memorial service celebrating the lives of Ashley Key and her sister, Britny Haarup will be held at 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 20, 2012 at the Mt. Zion Baptist Church, 5705 Hwy Z. Edgerton, MO. The family requests that everyone in attendance wear bright colors and nothing with black on. A memorial fund in their names has been established at the Platte Valley Bank in Dearborn, MO. Please have all flowers delivered directly to the church. Memories of Ashley and Britny may be left with the family online at www.meyersfuneralchapel.com

Hey all... I was just informed that Westboro Baptist is going to protest these poor girls' memorial service. I hope it is ok to post this here, and I have no idea how many people live in the local area but they are trying to rally people to shield them from the family & close friends. I just wanted to throw this out there. If it is not ok to post this I will delete immediately. I am definitely not trying to get into any kind of political/religious debate. Just throwing it out there.
Below is the Westboro site's schedule
http://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html

Hey all... I was just informed that Westboro Baptist is going to protest these poor girls' memorial service. I hope it is ok to post this here, and I have no idea how many people live in the local area but they are trying to rally people to shield them from the family & close friends. I just wanted to throw this out there. If it is not ok to post this I will delete immediately. I am definitely not trying to get into any kind of political/religious debate. Just throwing it out there.

That is the scariest thing I have ever read. Spouting all that heresy in the name of my precious Abba. I hope the entire community turns out to shield the family from these lunatics
icon8.gif

So typical. They tried it here with a soldier's funeral but got stopped and actually turned and left. I have no doubt knowing the good people in Edgerton or Dearborn or any of the other small towns around us that they will rally and send the scums on down the road.

Does the Patriot Guard support only Military families?

There's been talk about the Patriot Guard. I heard the fire department and the Sheriff's department are going to be there. The facebook event has over 400 people saying they are attending to help be "human shields." The good thing is that where the church is located there is no where for them to stand so they are planning to picket about a quarter mile away in the town.

Does the Patriot Guard support only Military families?

Good question. I believe so but I am not 100% sure. I just did a quick search and couldn't really find an answer.

These people, the Westboro whackadoodles, used to make me so mad. Now I just kind of laugh at them because they are so ignorant. We just need to ignore them because the attention they're given is what makes them tick.

Good question. I believe so but I am not 100% sure. I just did a quick search and couldn't really find an answer.

These people, the Westboro whackadoodles, used to make me so mad. Now I just kind of laugh at them because they are so ignorant. We just need to ignore them because the attention they're given is what makes them tick.

I'm good with ignoring them davehead21
icon14.gif

Good to know KC Mom, but the fact they will even have to see these whackadoodles (I like that adjective for them) is a shame.

There's been talk about the Patriot Guard. I heard the fire department and the Sheriff's department are going to be there. The facebook event has over 400 people saying they are attending to help be "human shields." The good thing is that where the church is located there is no where for them to stand so they are planning to picket about a quarter mile away in the town.

Knowing where the church is, if all 400 show up some may have to park in town but if the family knows that I hope they went the other direction and came in from the opposite side so they won't see them. I know that one town actually blocked their cars in and they couldn't leave to go picket. Scums called the cops and they took their sweet time getting there and by then the funeral was over, cars were gone and the cops said "what is the problem? I don't see a problem".

I hope it went well. I was not able to go over to Edgerton this evening and help out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back