NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly said:
It is common for a family with a missing loved one to make public statements of hope. No one knows for sure, in most cases, if their loved one is dead or alive. I have made many such public statements in case my son could read what I said, such as: "No matter what, we forgive you. We just want you to come home."

Does that mean that there is neccesarily something to forgive, some hidden secret act? No, it is simply a statement made to cover the bases. It is also normal for families of the missing to feel guilt and question anything they may have said or done to cause the loved one's disappearance. This guilt is typically present regardless of the type of disappearance.

"Big Bill" refers to Sharon's husband, Bill, in the story on my blog. Maura's fiancee is always referred to as "Billy".

This is just a friendly reminder that this is the support forum, rather than the discussion forum. The types of postings seen here in the past 24 hours should go on the Missing Discussion Forum. This forum is to be a "safe haven" for families of the missing, where if they should be reading, they do not see themselves or their missing loved ones torn about or written about as if they were just a theory. It is hurtful to those left behind. It's painful enough as it is without seeing those postings. If you need this clarified, I'm sure a moderator would be happy to do that. Most posters write in a respectful manner, but some do not. Thank you.

Kelly

thank you for pointing this out Kelly... my temper gets the better of me when I read things that disrespect the missing and their families and friends.... therefore I usually back out of the forum.... Tact is not one of my strong points.

There but by GOD's Grace go I... my son could have gone or could go missing, or my grandson, my nephew, my brother..... I love you and admire you so much, but I hope I never have to walk in your shoes....

Prayers to you, your family, and all the families of the the missing, and especially heartfelt prayers for those who are missing... Your family wants you home...they love you, Please if you are able, come home or at the very least let them know you are alive and safe.

God Bless YOU ALL.

Animal04216 said:
Hey everyone!! I moved the posts that were discussion to the thread in the Discussion Forum!
Thanks!

As soon as I read Kelly's comment, I had been wondering if this was possible.

...........hopefully we will be able to keep the discussion in the proper thread. Since I follow this case so closely, I will do my best to remind everyone where the discussion belongs :)

Bring Maura Home!
www.mauramurray.com
www.spbowers.com\mauramissing.html

Animal04216 said:
Hey everyone!! I moved the posts that were discussion to the thread in the Discussion Forum!

Thank you so much! I'm sorry I was posting in the wrong thread, I will pay more attention next time, oops!

Heartbreaking................. My prayers and thoughts are with Maura and her family.

We will never forget.....

Please God, bring Maura home to the people who love her.

I'm thinking that Maura probably flagged somebody down, the person seemed nice, offered to drive her up the street to his "house" where she could make a call to get a tow t ruck because they had no cell phone reception in that area...
and maybe some food and hot cocoa or something while they wait. And then something went awry and she was never heard from again :(
Either that or the bus driver might know more than what has been said.

I hate to accuse anyone but we have nothing to go on here.
:(

Prayers for Maura

PrayersForMaura said:
I'm thinking that Maura probably flagged somebody down, the person seemed nice, offered to drive her up the street to his "house" where she could make a call to get a tow t ruck because they had no cell phone reception in that area...
and maybe some food and hot cocoa or something while they wait. And then something went awry and she was never heard from again :(
Either that or the bud driver might know more than what has been said.

I hate to accuse anyone but we have nothing to go on here.
:(

Prayers for Maura

You know I've been seriously wondering about the Bus driver too! I know I've read that he'd been cleared and everything but I don't really trust LE on this case, they just don't seem very 'qualified' or 'dedicated' I just don't trust them very much....IMO Also don't like how they respond to individuals searching out in that area either, just seems really weird to me. I can't remember if this was ever posted or not, but do we know if LE searched his house or land? Thanks

especially since the tracking dogs when they were brought in "scented" right up to his property-and I thought that was strange, since he had stated that Maura "stayed with/in her vehicle" when he approached and told her that he would call LE. If he was never in physical contact with her, and she didn't move away from her car when speaking with him, HOW were the dogs able to trace her scent practically to his doorstep? When I brought this up in earlier posts, folks made reference to the time lapse between when she went missing and when the dogs were brought to the scene-but that still did NOT answer the most basic ??-how was it that her scent was followed to his property? :waitasec:

Bring Maura home!

gatetrekker44 said:
especially since the tracking dogs when they were brought in "scented" right up to his property-and I thought that was strange, since he had stated that Maura "stayed with/in her vehicle" when he approached and told her that he would call LE. If he was never in physical contact with her, and she didn't move away from her car when speaking with him, HOW were the dogs able to trace her scent practically to his doorstep? When I brought this up in earlier posts, folks made reference to the time lapse between when she went missing and when the dogs were brought to the scene-but that still did NOT answer the most basic ??-how was it that her scent was followed to his property? :waitasec:

Bring Maura home!

Exactly! I can only think of one reasonable explanation...she walked up there at some point, but when? Or was she forced to go that way by him?
I don't think the dogs would pick up her scent that late if she hadn't walked up there...? Hmmm this is really going to bug me!

Bumping

Prayers and Hugs to Maura's family....and for Maura..... we want you to come home soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993