VA VA - Samantha Clarke, 19, Orange, 13 Sept 2010

Has anyone given any thought to the fact that LE might actually have a suspect or group of suspects in this case? Again, if you listen to the rumor mill swirling around Orange, neither Samantha nor her mother were exactly saints. BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER! What matters is that she is missing. I'm sure we would all love to know every juicy detail and the name of every person involved, but maybe, just maybe, there's a reason why none of that is being released. The question that needs to be asked is why the media isn't picking up on it. The police are putting almost daily releases out. So why hasn't the media asked more about it? There are at least 4 LE agencies either directly or indirectly working on this case. Gee, if there was nothing to go on, why would that be the case???

I hope these 4 agencies are getting infomation they need to find Samantha. It does not apear they are as Samantha is still missing.

I sure have given thought about LE having suspects or a group of supects. I have hoped for it.

I do not think at this point keeping stuff quiet is helping and maybe they should release a detail that will help them get the tips they need.

I also wanted to mention Samantha's moms facebook, it is public
and this statement under her picture.

""a careing person looking for someone to speend time with tired of bening lonley life is to short to be alone a good person just keep runing in to the wrong people that like to beat on women"
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/barbara.tinder?v=wall

I had to wonder if mom had a ex or current b/f with a grudge agaisnt Samantha.

I also wonder why her activities for a few day before have not been mentioned. Did she go anywhere or call anyone or wash her laundry ect.

The LE officals in Orange said they believe fowl play. Well why? And if you think there is a reason to put it in print then please enlighten us . We do not know if there is a murdering fool running arround attacking random people or specific persons and we should.
What kind of shoes did she have on? Someone should know that. Even if they didnt see her leave. Is her purse missing? ID?

No information is going to get zero responce.
A describtion of a certain car might help lead to tips to. Even if it is a long shot.

Rumor alert..
I was told by facebooker that Samantha is rumored to have ran off with two people she met on Myspace. I dont believe it because the police said fowl play and we saw her myspace . This was information that her mother had said to have been telling people I can provide the message with ID's blocked out if I need to..

Samantha Clarke Still Missing 10 Weeks Later

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 6:17 PM CST
Updated: Nov 23, 2010 10:05 PM CST

There is a woman in Orange County approaching the holidays wondering if she will ever be able to celebrate them again with her daughter. Barbara Tinder's 19-year-old daughter, Samantha Ann Clarke, disappeared 10 weeks ago.

Clarke's name has been in the news, but certainly not received the kind of national attention given to Morgan Harrington. That is odd, considering there are enough similarities, that if the Today Show was interested in one, they ought to be interested in the other. But that has not been the case for Clarke's family; their tragedy has played out very differently, and very quietly, at home in Orange.

Barbara Tinder's world is spinning out of control. One question haunts her: where is Samantha?

more here - including Morgan Harrington's dad talking about difference in coverage for Morgan's case & Samantha's

http://www.nbc29.com/story/13559737/samantha-clarke-still-missing-10-weeks-later

Just goes to show - if you don't have the $$$...and/or clout in the community... One doesn't get the coverage.

Not slamming the Harrington's - they are fortunate to have had all the needed resources at their disposal in searching for their beautiful Morgan. It's just unfortunate that not all people have those resources available to them when their loved one goes missing.

From the photos I have seen on Facebook it apears that Samantha lived in a basement apartment with her mother. I dont know if the whole family did or just Samantha but the yelling upstairs thing seemed odd and I wondered if she yelled FROM upstairs. Right before leaving?

They live in a 2 bedroom, 2 story apartment. Brother was upstairs in his room at the time, mom had gone to work.

http://www2.orangenews.com/news/orange-news/2010/dec/08/clarke-vigil-ar-703231/

By Drew Jackson
Published: December 08, 2010

Despite the falling of this season's first small snowflakes, dozens of area residents gathered in Veteran's Park in Orange Saturday night for a candlelight vigil for missing teenager Samantha Clarke.

clarke-vigil

Did she take an overnight bag with her? Can't mom tell if Samantha took anything with her?
Please be found, soon!

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=13738796

Posted: Dec 24, 2010 5:06 PM EST
Updated: Dec 24, 2010 5:25 PM EST
Clarke's Family Hoping For a Christmas Miracle

An empty stocking hangs on the wall of Barbara Tinder's Orange County apartment.For Barbara Tinder, the holidays are a painful reminder that her daughter is still missing. On Friday, friends visited Tinder in hopes of making her holiday a little easier to bear.

I just hope they're making headway in this case.

Soulmagnet, I wonder about the train tracks, as well. Is there a freight stop near her house? Do people ride trains these days?

Amtrak trains stop in Culpepper and Charlottesville, both somewhat close by. You'd be looking at either going north to DC, south to Lynchburg/NC, or west to Staunton. I don't remember seeing a lot of people taking Amtrak when I lived in Charlottesville but I imagine that some students going back to NoVa would have taken it.

http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/11/ijvm.01.html

Aired January 11, 2011 - 19:00:00 ET

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST (voice-over): Tonight, a mother`s worst nightmare. Nineteen-year-old Samantha Ann Clarke vanished from her home four months ago. The troubled teen had posted suggestive photos and racy remarks on her Facebook and MySpace pages. Did she fall victim to an online pervert? Her devastated mother is frantically searching for her missing daughter. Where is Samantha?

Bump!! Morgan Harrington went missing not far from Samantha...yet Samantha has gotten no press time. BUMP!

Bump!! Morgan Harrington went missing not far from Samantha...yet Samantha has gotten no press time. BUMP!

Also Victoria Flick is from Louisa also not far from Morgan or Samantha. She is listed as a runaway. The date she is listed as missing is 9-14-10. I was told of her running away months before this by her mother. I will have to research when she told me this exactly but it was before an event that was 2 months prior to this.

Victoria's case should be looked into as I have heard a local "rumor" that the roomate of her mothers has been convicted of sex crimes agaist children and very close to the timeframe of Vicky being listed as missing. I do know this to be true. I plan on Starting a thread for Vicky. http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1156381&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

I apologize for not being here more - I've been having some personal issues...still think about Samantha often, though and keep hoping. Prayers for her return.

http://www2.greene-news.com/news/gc...ng-orange-teen-leads-greene-county-ar-831639/

By Jane DeGeorge | Record Editor
Published: February 09, 2011

The search for missing Orange teenager Samantha Clarke has led investigators into Greene County.

Earlier this week, the town of Orange police department representatives searched Greene Acres Lake near Stanardsville as part of its search for Clarke, Orange Police Chief Jim Fenwick said Wednesday.

Fenwick did not wish to comment about whether or not anything was found during the recent search of the lake.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back