GUILTY PA - Brandi Dunn, 22, found slain in burned Grove City home, 14 Jan 2006

I'm so glad to see news on this. For the longest time, Scott was out of jail after he killed Brandi- and it seemed like the case was in Limbo.... I got frustrated looking every day for an update, and finding nothing. There wasn't even any articles written.... weird.

So I'm glad it's moving ahead.

mssheila said:
I'm so glad to see news on this. For the longest time, Scott was out of jail after he killed Brandi- and it seemed like the case was in Limbo.... I got frustrated looking every day for an update, and finding nothing. There wasn't even any articles written.... weird.

So I'm glad it's moving ahead.

I'm with you mssheila :clap:

Witnesses testify Dunn beat wife, used cocaine
Prosecution begins to lay out case

John C. “Court” Montgomery laid his head in his hands and fought back tears while talking about the phone call his son-in-law Scott Dunn made early Jan. 14.

“Scott said, ‘Court, you gotta come home! You gotta come home! Your house is on fire!’ ” Montgomery said. “I said, ‘Where’s Brandi?’ ”

Scott2's answer to her father's question about "Where's Brandi" was:

She's inside the house and someone is beating her.

Dad asks "Why aren't you inside trying to help her?"

Scott2 says "The fire is too hot"

Now, dad knows that the man who said that to him had already beaten his daughter to death, and burned down his home to try to cover it up. Can you imagine the anger her dad feels toward this monster? I can't even try to imagine it.:behindbar :behindbar

Published October 16, 2006

Scott Dunn won’t have to worry about the possibility of being put to death if he’s convicted of killing his wife, Brandon C. “Brandi” Dunn.
Mercer County District Attorney James P. Epstein said Monday prosecutors “are not seeking the death penalty” in the case.

Epstein was able to offer only a limited explanation for his decision, saying if he went further he would be in violation of pre-trial rules that limit what prosecutors in Pennsylvania are allowed to say about a case.
<snip>
He did note, however, that the decision not to seek the death penalty was made only after a meeting with the Mrs. Dunn’s family, as well as following a thorough examination of the evidence and the circumstances surrounding the killing.

Dunn, 27, of 469 Branchton Road, Slippery Rock, is facing charges of first- and third-degree murder, voluntary manslaughter, abuse of a corpse and three counts of arson. He allegedly beat Mrs. Dunn, 22, to death on Jan. 14 and set fire to her body inside her parents’ 109 E. Washington Blvd. home in Grove City to cover the crime
<snip>
Police allege that Dunn’s statements have been filled with inconsistencies and don’t match evidence found during the investigation. Epstein has cited jealousy as a motive for the killing.

more at the link http://www.sharonherald.com/local/local_story_289214245.html

Shadow205 said:
Published October 16, 2006

Scott Dunn won’t have to worry about the possibility of being put to death if he’s convicted of killing his wife, Brandon C. “Brandi” Dunn.
Mercer County District Attorney James P. Epstein said Monday prosecutors “are not seeking the death penalty” in the case.

Epstein was able to offer only a limited explanation for his decision, saying if he went further he would be in violation of pre-trial rules that limit what prosecutors in Pennsylvania are allowed to say about a case.
<snip>
He did note, however, that the decision not to seek the death penalty was made only after a meeting with the Mrs. Dunn’s family, as well as following a thorough examination of the evidence and the circumstances surrounding the killing.

Dunn, 27, of 469 Branchton Road, Slippery Rock, is facing charges of first- and third-degree murder, voluntary manslaughter, abuse of a corpse and three counts of arson. He allegedly beat Mrs. Dunn, 22, to death on Jan. 14 and set fire to her body inside her parents’ 109 E. Washington Blvd. home in Grove City to cover the crime
<snip>
Police allege that Dunn’s statements have been filled with inconsistencies and don’t match evidence found during the investigation. Epstein has cited jealousy as a motive for the killing.

more at the link http://www.sharonherald.com/local/local_story_289214245.html
Thank you for that link.

OK, so no death penalty. How about we just beat him up a little and set fire to his body?
:mad:

I just HOPE he's not allowed to watch his favorite team play football while he's in jail.

Thanks so much for an update! I've been waiting to hear what's happening with this . I hope Chris Keck is able to put the nail in his coffin. Chris deserves to get some justice for Brandi. He was a good friend to her for a long time.

Suuurrre he asked to talk to an attorney. And he saw someone running out of the burning house, and he.... What other lies can he tell us now?

A decision on whether statements Scott A. Dunn made to police the day his wife was found beaten to death inside her parents’ burning Grove City home can be used at his trial will have to wait another month.
A suppression hearing on that question has been postponed for a second time due to scheduling problems with the prosecution, said Mercer County District Attorney James P. Epstein.

Originally set for Feb. 7 and then rescheduled for Wednesday, the hearing — at which the judge will also consider a request for a venue change — will be at 1:30 p.m. April 4 before Mercer County Common Pleas Court Judge Thomas R. Dobson.

More at the link http://www.sharonherald.com/local/local_story_063214657.html

A Grove City man admitted in Mercer County court yesterday to killing his wife and setting their house on fire.

More at link http://www.insidebutlercounty.com/index.php?sid=674257298&t=news_detail&id=26233

Mercer County Man Admits To Killing Wife In Rage

Couple Fought Over Excessive Partying, Drugs

POSTED: 5:23 pm EDT June 6, 2007
UPDATED: 6:24 pm EDT June 6, 2007

MERCER COUNTY, Pa. -- A Mercer County man described Wednesday how he killed his newlywed wife and tried to cover up the crime.

more at link http://www.wpxi.com/news/13455956/detail.html

He'll be sentenced on Thursday, August 9th before Mercer County Judge Tom Dobson. He faces up to 52 years in prison.

I'm curious to see what kind of sentence he gets.

He got 24 yrs, 4 mos to 52 years in prison. Says he was not a man at that time, but now accepts full responsibility. Drugs were his problem. Lots of time to think about it all.

Unfortunately, that problem extended to killing his wife. So sad.

Dunn gets 24 to 52 years for killing wife

From the long article:

In court, Epstein talked of a &#8220;savage&#8221; attack that shattered Mrs. Dunn&#8217;s skull and noted the significance of where Dunn dumped gasoline and set fires &#8212; his wife&#8217;s body, their wedding gifts and their bed.

&#8220;(Dunn) didn&#8217;t just strike out in anger,&#8221; Epstein said. &#8220;He obliterated her.&#8221;

Before Dunn was sentenced, several members of Mrs. Dunn&#8217;s family spoke about her murder and the affect it has had on them.

Her father said the past 18 months have been full of trauma and pain.

&#8220;When the charred and scarred remains of your daughter are lowered into the ground you realize there are no second chances and you&#8217;ll never see your little girl again,&#8221; Montgomery said.

Hello,

Can anyone help me remember this compelling case? It happened in the early 2000's in Pennsylvania. There was a newly married couple and their house was burned down. I cannot remember if the husband did it or not. The wife was a Steeler's fan. There was something about maybe cocaine was involved and they were partiers. No matter. The house was owned by her parents who resided in California. This case has always fascinated me and I am trying to remember what happened. The girl was pretty. I believe the arsonist struck and she was burned in the house. What was this case? The last name may have begun with a "B". At any rate, I just started thinking of it again. Thanks in advance.

Western Colorado

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen