GUILTY MO - Breeann Rodriguez, 3, Senath, 6 August 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Authorities looking into three items of interest in missing Senath youth case

Wednesday, August 10, 2011
GEORGE ANDERSON Daily Dunklin Democrat
1521935-L.jpg

Edgar Rodriguez and Claudia Ramos, parents of missing 3-year-old Breeann Rodriguez, search a grassy lot where items of interest were found on Tuesay afternoon and Wednesday morning.
(Staff photo by George Anderson )

SENATH, Mo. -- Authorities have come across three items of interest in the last 24-hours in the case of Breeann Rodriguez, 3, who went missing on Saturday. "We have some physical items of interest," Karnes said. "[I can't elaborate] at this time exactly what they are because they are not in direct relation with the case."

Of the items, Karnes said one was found Tuesday afternoon and two were found earlier today, Wednesday, Aug. 10. Karnes said the items cannot be directly connected or directly not connected with the case at this time.

"We can't rule them out," Karnes said.

When asked what lead to the items of interest, the police official said, "Some of our searches happened upon a piece of evidence and contacted me. We secured the area and found some more."

When asked about the evidence sent to the crime lab earlier this week, Karnes said it has come back, but hasn't provided any relevant clues. He also said he is hoping to get DNA off of the newer items.

http://www.dddnews.com/story/1752168.html
Sorry if this has already been posted-

Sorry if this has already been posted-

Thanks! I think it's new info about there being 2 pieces of evidence found today, great news! I hope this ends up positively for Breeann and that she will be found safe somewhere soon.

I think the first time they searched they were looking for a live little girl. They were in a big hurry to cover a lot of ground. So some smaller pieces of evidence might have been missed in the rush. Unfortunately they are having to backtrack, and they are looking for evidence now, not necessarily a lost little girl walking in the weeds. :mad:

http://www.dddnews.com/story/1752168.html

Wednesday, August 10, 2011
GEORGE ANDERSON Daily Dunklin Democrat

<Snipped>
Of the items, Karnes said one was found Tuesday afternoon and two were found earlier today, Wednesday, Aug. 10. Karnes said the items cannot be directly connected or directly not connected with the case at this time.

Karnes said he has not ruled out the possibility that the new clues are being planted in an attempt to mislead authorities.

If the evidence was not there before (or missed in the rush), could it be possible she was being held somewhere and 1) found a way out or 2) was released because it got too high profile and that's why there is now evidence....because she's recently been there?

I'm still hoping for a miracle here...

I think the first time they searched they were looking for a live little girl. They were in a big hurry to cover a lot of ground. So some smaller pieces of evidence might have been missed in the rush. Unfortunately they are having to backtrack, and they are looking for evidence now, not necessarily a lost little girl walking in the weeds. :mad:

I haven't read back to the beginning.

Has LE discussed RSO's in the area?

Gosh, breaks my heart to see her parents searching. :cry:

I was going to post the exact same thing. :(

I wonder if LE brought them to where the evidence was found to see if they could identify it as belonging to Breeann?

I was going to post the exact same thing. :(

I wonder if LE brought them to where the evidence was found to see if they could identify it as belonging to Breeann?

Could be or they were there helping with the search? IDK

I'd probably do the same if it was my baby. Nothing would stop me from looking for her. :(

Days before Breeann disappeared?:waitasec:

What I don't get is apparently kids play outside all the time in this neighbourhood. No adult saw anything? Wasn't Breeann taken in the afternoon? Were other kids playing with Breeann and her brother?

What about older kids? Teens? Where do they hang out?

It sounds like they were just waiting for an opportunity. :(

http://www.fbi.gov/stlouis/press-releases/2011/update-on-endangered-missing-preschooler

Update on Endangered Missing Preschooler

FBI St. Louis
August 10, 2011 Rebecca Wu
(314) 589-2671

Today, law enforcement and search teams are searching an area outside of Senath, Missouri where potential evidence was found. The area, located on County Road 568 in Dunklin County, is approximately two miles southeast of Breeann Rodriguez’s home. There will be no further specifics on the potential evidence.

Investigators are asking for information about a white van, similar to the ones pictured below. A white cargo van was seen in the area just days prior to Breeann disappearing. The full-size, older-model van may or may not have a ladder mounted in the back.

Digital billboards are now displaying Breeann’s picture in the following areas:

Kingshighway and Broadway (Cape Girardeau, MO)
2418 South Caraway (Jonesboro, AR)
2610 E. Highland Drive (Jonesboro, AR)
2412 Stadium Boulevard (Jonesboro, AR)

Breeann disappeared August 6, 2011 (Saturday). She was last seen at approximately noon riding her pink bicycle with training wheels in front of her home on Ode Johnson Street in Senath, located in Missouri’s bootheel. Her bicycle also disappeared. She was wearing a pink top, and pink and purple shorts. Breeann’s pictures can be found on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s website and on the FBI’s Kidnappings and Missing Persons page.

The FBI and the Senath Marshal’s office are offering a combined reward of up to $45,000 for the successful recovery and prosecution of the person(s) responsible for her disappearance, if she was abducted.

The Senath Police Department along with the FBI Task Force, Dunklin County Sheriff’s Office, Missouri State Highway Patrol, Kennett Police Department, and the Bootheel Drug Task Force are investigating the case.

Anyone with information can call St. Louis Regional CrimeStoppers at 866-371-TIPS and remain anonymous.

Visit www.fbi.gov for information on a new free mobile app that allows parents to electronically store their children’s pictures and information if their child goes missing.

- Original press release

SENATH, Mo. -- Authorities have come across three items of interest in the last 24-hours in the case of Breeann Rodriguez, 3, who went missing on Saturday. "We have some physical items of interest," Karnes said. "[I can't elaborate] at this time exactly what they are because they are not in direct relation with the case."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so confused by those seemingly conflicting statements.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so confused by those seemingly conflicting statements.

:waitasec: Are they or aren't they connected to the case? His statements are clear as mud.

I am somewhat familiar with this area. When I was a kid, we drove through there from Illinois to visit my grandma in northeastern Arkansas. That whole area is covered in cotton fields as far as the eye can see. But that looks like soybeans, which is what covered the ground where I grew up.

My cousin received a Robert Kennedy Award in Washington D.C. for a story he wrote about poverty in the Missouri Boothill. That area is extremely impoverished.

There is no interstate through that city, but you can take 412 all the way to Colorado.

My guess is that they found items that are likely associated with another incident. And perhaps they think the same individual was involved in both incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member