Josh Powell Burial

I am of the LDS (or "Mormon") faith. We believe that had Josh lived up to the principles of our church, he would have lived in eternity with Susan and the boys. Basically, since he committed such a horrific crime, he will never see Susan or the boys again. Susan will be able to raise her beautiful boys; and she will have the opportunity to find a deserving husband. She has true happiness now and so do the boys.

Dovebar is correct in many the explanation that he/she has provided.

Josh would not have a "baptism for the dead" performed for him. That is saved for those that did not have the opportunity here on this earth to be taught the LDS belief. I will not continue on about our religion, but I just wanted to answer the basic questioned asked.

Just to clarify, as I think I heard Mr. Cox or some other family member say it, too. So the LDS believes Susan will "raise her boys" in the afterlife or other life, or whatever it's called. She will also be able to get married?

I must admit when I heard it said, I thought I misunderstood. That is the belief? It's quite comforting actually. I never thought we could raise our children or find a new spouse after death. Most interesting. :waitasec: I guess I just thought we'd live in eternal happiness without worldly ties. Not that I really give it much thought. I'd rather be surprised.

Maybe this is why the Coxes appear to have a certain calm about them. :heartbeat: :rose:

Thanks also to dovebar for the insight. While I know a few LDS members, and even use their local family history center for research, we've never spoken about beliefs. Thanks for sharing.

If JP was cremated, I think it was a good choice.

I totally agree. They can keep the ashes if they like, or scatter them. Now they won't have to worry about Josh's grave being vandalized and others won't be reluctant to be buried near him. It was the best choice. I'm glad his family saw the light.

Just to clarify, as I think I heard Mr. Cox or some other family member say it, too. So the LDS believes Susan will "raise her boys" in the afterlife or other life, or whatever it's called. She will also be able to get married?

I must admit when I heard it said, I thought I misunderstood. That is the belief? It's quite comforting actually. I never thought we could raise our children or find a new spouse after death. Most interesting. :waitasec: I guess I just thought we'd live in eternal happiness without worldly ties. Not that I really give it much thought. I'd rather be surprised.

Maybe this is why the Coxes appear to have a certain calm about them. :heartbeat: :rose:

Thanks also to dovebar for the insight. While I know a few LDS members, and even use their local family history center for research, we've never spoken about beliefs. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, we believe that Susan will have the opportunity to get married. There are no monetary or other earthly things; but love is abundant. It does help with any death in the family. Our religion does help bring comfort even in the face of the death of a child. I am certain that our religion is what is helping the Cox family to cope with this terrible tragedy.

since he was known to hate the mormon faith, did he take on any other faith?
Does SP practise any other faith?
Yes, he, sadly, worshipped his perv father who controlled his bizarre family like a cult. :(

best money i ever spent for those little souls to have a peaceful resting place - so good of the local area crimestoper's and sheriff's office to get this going!

If he was cremated then if I was the Cox's, I would be going to the gravesite every week and using the snow blower on it.

I think mother nature will take of the site. We've been having big winds here the last few days, pounding rain, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Protocol136
Back