MD MD - Frederick, off I-270, WhtFem 15-29, UP1665, Sz 11 denim skort, jewelry, Jul'91

The height might not be too far off. The high end estimate was 63". Nancy Jo was 66".

The height might not be too far off. The high end estimate was 63". Nancy Jo was 66".

They have the height at 5'1" to 5'3", so there is already a 3" range for her probable height. Assuming that they measured the bones correctly, and Nancy Jo's height is correctly noted, it would be pretty far off.

However, on two MP cases (Robert Donlick and Troy Kozkowski) matched to UID's by Websleuths members, the difference between the measured height of the UID and the reported height of the MP were 4" and 3", respectively. And these weren't skeletal remains cases, they were intact bodies.

So as I said above, you can't always presume that heights are correct.

I think Nancy's eyes are very similar to the Jane Doe's eyes. I think the overall appearance is also very similar.

Another thing to keep in mind is that in many instances, these cases remain unresolved for so long because something is incorrect.

I've seen three cases in recent years that remained unresolved because of incorrect Dates of Last Contact. I've also seen a few with wildly incorrect age estimates and, as I mentioned above, incorrect heights.

So...I guess I'll give Sgt. Tina Becker a call? There was no case worker listed on NAMUS, but she was listed on the Doe Network. I'll let you know how it goes.

I called and left a message with Nancy Jo's name, NAMUS# and NECMEC#.

So...I guess I'll give Sgt. Tina Baker a call? There was no case worker listed on NAMUS, but she was listed on the Doe Network. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yes - Tina Becker is the best option for this case. I've spoken with her before and she is polite and professional. I'm sure that she will take your tip seriously.

I spoke with Tina Becker today. She was very polite and professional. I had already given her the info for Nancy Jo in a previous message. When I spoke to her I gave her info about Martha Dunn. jessunlil posted her pic and info earlier in the thread and I think she's a good possibility as well. She's closer in height to Jane Doe, and went missing a year before Jane Doe was found. She's got bad teeth, but we can't see them in the picture. We know she has gaps and a pointed eye tooth. She also looks more like the later drawings and reconstructions. We'll see. I don't know if I'll here back from Sgt. Becker. It would be awesome if I did.

And of course, I'll keep you posted.

I-270 connects to I-70. That leads up to Pennsylvania. I-81 and I-76 connect later on. She was found on I-270 southbound. Maybe if the trucker was responsible, he picked her up somewhere north of the area. Maybe we could check to see if anyone fits her description from Pennsylvania or New York... I wish we could find out his driving route.

There was a truck stop in Frederick at this time. I think that's always been the theory that she may have been with a trucker. There were a number of "lot lizards" working the truck stop at the time. According to what I was told, they interviewed the women working there and none of them recognized her.

I've always suspected this might be a local person.

Where she was found isn't an area you'd dump a body at unless you knew the area . First off, it's on a highway. I'm pretty sure there's a guardrail there too, so you'd have to lift the body over it if that were the case. There is an underpass right where she was found and a parking lot right at the underpass. She was found down an embankment. Someone knew that embankment was there, because people aren't just going to pull over and throw out a body on flat ground right off the highway.

I suspect whomever did this is very familiar with that area. The parking lot I mention is part of the Monocacy Battlefield called Worthington Farm and has several hiking trails. The park closes at dark.

I spoke with Tina Becker today. She was very polite and professional. I had already given her the info for Nancy Jo in a previous message. When I spoke to her I gave her info about Martha Dunn. jessunlil posted her pic and info earlier in the thread and I think she's a good possibility as well. She's closer in height to Jane Doe, and went missing a year before Jane Doe was found. She's got bad teeth, but we can't see them in the picture. We know she has gaps and a pointed eye tooth. She also looks more like the later drawings and reconstructions. We'll see. I don't know if I'll here back from Sgt. Becker. It would be awesome if I did.

And of course, I'll keep you posted.

Great possibility!

I got an email today regarding Nancy Jo Scamurra:

Unfortunately, there appears to be no available dental records
available for Nancy Jo Scamurra available for comparison. Therefore,
we cannot identify or rule out a match for her to our unidentified,
NamUs #1665.
I appreciate your interest and dedication to bringing home missing persons.
Sincerely,
Charlotte R. Romero, F-ABMDI
Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
Baltimore, Maryland

:waitasec:

So will Nancy Jo forever be lost because no dentals are available? It's kind of frustrating, but I suppose you can only do the best you can with what you've got. :(

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7500/37

LKA in 1984 at age 14. In 1991 she would have been 21. They don't have any dental records for her though.

The Jane Doe found on I-270 in Frederick is not Nancy Scamurra. A torso found in Lake Erie in 1984 has been ID'd as belonging to Nancy.

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP92a7b23cb5dc459caeb0e7e85f70f888.html

So will Nancy Jo forever be lost because no dentals are available? It's kind of frustrating, but I suppose you can only do the best you can with what you've got. :(

No, she is not forever lost.

They updated her info in NAMUS today.

The following fields have been changed:
Demographics : Est. postmortem interval changed from "" to "1"

Image added

Clothing and Accessories : Clothing On Body changed from "Blue denim skorts "Cap Ferrat" brand size 11, tank top, possibly gray or black" to "Blue denim skorts "Cap Ferrat" brand size 11 Tank top, possibly gray or black, dark colored"

Clothing and Accessories : Jewelry changed from ""Advance" digital watch, silver with a gold colored face Size 8 Avon sterling silver solitaire ring with a diamond substitute stone Metal ring with a floral pattern that is missing 4 stones 3 silver alloy bangle bracelets "Trifari" gold plated bracelet 19 Inch herringbone necklace Nylon anklet, neon pink colored with green and black spots " to "• “ADVANCE” digital wristwatch, silver w/gold face (rt wrist) • Silver bangle bracelet (left wrist) • TRIFARI gold plated bracelet (left wrist) • Gold herringbone necklace • Neon pink nylon anklet w/ black and green dots "

Physical / Medical : Head Hair changed from "Light Brown; Approximately 6 inches long" to "Brown; Approximately 6 inches long"

They updated her info in NAMUS today.

The following fields have been changed:
Demographics : Est. postmortem interval changed from "" to "1"

Image added

Clothing and Accessories : Clothing On Body changed from "Blue denim skorts "Cap Ferrat" brand size 11, tank top, possibly gray or black" to "Blue denim skorts "Cap Ferrat" brand size 11 Tank top, possibly gray or black, dark colored"

Clothing and Accessories : Jewelry changed from ""Advance" digital watch, silver with a gold colored face Size 8 Avon sterling silver solitaire ring with a diamond substitute stone Metal ring with a floral pattern that is missing 4 stones 3 silver alloy bangle bracelets "Trifari" gold plated bracelet 19 Inch herringbone necklace Nylon anklet, neon pink colored with green and black spots " to "• “ADVANCE” digital wristwatch, silver w/gold face (rt wrist) • Silver bangle bracelet (left wrist) • TRIFARI gold plated bracelet (left wrist) • Gold herringbone necklace • Neon pink nylon anklet w/ black and green dots "

Physical / Medical : Head Hair changed from "Light Brown; Approximately 6 inches long" to "Brown; Approximately 6 inches long"

Thankful my email worked! Glad they could find the 2nd recon
EWW!!!! Gonna email again; the recons look horrible! Looks like he separated my double photo vs using the better quality single pic

http://articles.philly.com/2003-02-14/news/25450568_1_bell-bottoms-jeans-b-nai-b-rith

In the 1980s, Capital Pants began producing jeans for tall women under its tony Cap Ferrat label. When the grunge look became popular, the company sold used jeans.

http://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-ea...al-pants-company-in-philadelphia-pa-80018078/
Capital Pants Company

Phone: (215) 708-9300
700 East Erie Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19134

http://www.trademarks411.com/marks/73809103-cap-ferrat

http://www.trademarkia.com/cap-ferrat-73809103.html

Why has Dawn Marie Mozino not been mentioned?

The height matches (victim was 61 inches, Dawn was ~4'10" and only about 110lbs, but had brown hair..)... though the size 11 pants would've been HUGE on her - but isn't 11 juniors?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/899dfpa.html

Also, maybe Tracey Marie Kroh (http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/19dfpa.html) -- short woman (4'8") but very skinny. Carried items similar to the neon bracelet (she had a purse with a unicorn on it).

Current ruleouts (21 Feb 2015) per Namus https://identifyus.org/cases/1665

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Kelly Dove 1961 Virginia
Shelley Hoke 1969 Arizona
Tammie McCormick 1972 New York
Mary Plavnick 1962 Florida
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
Terry Slaugenhoupt 1962 Maryland

Staff online