MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my above post I got to thinking, wonder if the mother was sick as well? Did she take some bedtime medicine that could have made her more drowsy so that she didnt not awaken to noise or movement. I mean I get this way with Nyquil. Havent seen or heard any info on this but Id be curious to know this information too.

There will be tens of thousands of kids that are accidentally overdosed and even more that were not treated for an overdose. Parents with sick kids buy adult medicine since infant cough/cold medicine is not sold and they try to adjust the dosing to fit their child’s needs.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not allow manufacturers to provide dosage recommendations for children under age 2 on the bottles or packaging. In May 2011, an advisory committee recommended changing this policy — but the FDA has not yet done so, and the old policy is still in effect, at least for now.”

Personally I think that not putting dosage directions for children under two is dangerous because some parents are going to give their sick child this medicine by guessing at the dosage.

The original post about ODs not killing quickly was about Tylenol, which takes days / weeks to kill off the liver and kill the victim.

Not really the same thing unless the burglar is prepared to check every room for a cell phone...I don't think that is why these phones were taken, if they were. Not even sure there was a reason, not one that makes sense; why would a random kidnapper think those were the only phones in the house, with all of those closed doors?

My thoughts on the phones: Not everyone is as smart as our WS posters and maybe following the 2:38 am call/text that was made, the phones are disposed of because that person did not know that LE could get the call information without the phones.

Can someone help me? I can't believe I've got this remotely straight in my head. Kidnapper *possibly* comes in window....in just the right window where there's no one sleeping. Turns all the lights on...in the middle of the night. Takes the 10 month old from the crib....and then while juggling a potentially cranky, half asleep baby, dude stops to juggle three cell phones with the free hand he has to use to open doors to make his retreat???

It could be that her son woke up and turned on lights before getting in bed with mom (my kids turn all lights on ) the perp comes in window doesn't wanna mess with lights cause that might wake people. Sees the phones, stuffs them in pockets ,gets baby out the front door

Did we ever hear mom say she did not leave the lights on?

NEW THREAD!
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7209789#post7209789"]MO AMBER ALERT: Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 #12 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Can someone help me? I can't believe I've got this remotely straight in my head. Kidnapper *possibly* comes in window....in just the right window where there's no one sleeping. Turns all the lights on...in the middle of the night. Takes the 10 month old from the crib....and then while juggling a potentially cranky, half asleep baby, dude stops to juggle three cell phones with the free hand he has to use to open doors to make his retreat???

Here is a possible scenario. The perp begins by messing with the computer room window. He does not go the the back windows because of the dog. { Although I do think it is weird that the dog was not going crazy at this time. My german shepherd would have eaten through the metal fence to get to an intruder.]

So he pushed the screen in partially, but for some reason decides not to continue with this window entrance. Maybe the dog was beginning to complain.

So the lucky perp comes around front and finds that the front door was left open. [ which I still feel weird about since it was the first night Dad was away on an all night job. Seems like a big reason that mom might check the doors before she went to sleep.]

He enters the home and walks thru the computer room into the kitchen area. He scoops up the phones and puts them in his backpack or bag. Perhaps to sell later and to prevent 911 calls. He may have wondered if there were more phones but at least these would be gone.

He peeks into the babies room and has the urge to take the sleeping child.
Maybe it was planned, but maybe not.

Maybe the perp saw the father leaving in his work truck and assumed he would be gone for awhile.

He may have had an accomplice waiting in a getaway car as well. But if the sightings of the man walking are real, then maybe he walked to a nearby home.

Is that normal in possible abduction cases? I just have never seen them go back so many times like that or at all in similar cases. Makes me wonder if they saw or found something or had a tip, maybe?

I understand the perp was probably not random, but I still don't get the lights. If he or she knew the house like a glove why turn on most of the lights? And Mom must sleep like she is in a coma.

Honestly...I don't think that anything is "normal" in a kidnapping case. And, I'm not aware of how many times they went back with metal detectors. I thought it was twice. Not sure...

I haven't read much in MSM about any social life for the parents. Have any friends stepped up to support them?

None that I can find.

I've been thinking about that for a couple of days now....I'm not judging because I'm not very social, but I haven't read any quotes or anything from friends.

Is that normal in possible abduction cases? I just have never seen them go back so many times like that or at all in similar cases. Makes me wonder if they saw or found something or had a tip, maybe?

I understand the perp was probably not random, but I still don't get the lights. If he or she knew the house like a glove why turn on most of the lights? And Mom must sleep like she is in a coma.
BBM

And that part doesn't make much sense considering there was a baby monitor to detect noise coming from the baby's room, so subconsciously she would be "listening" for anything, especially considering the baby was sick. She also had the boy in her room.

I'm not real sure in the "timeline" as to when he discovered the front door unlocked. I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, he said he came in drive saw all lights on...came in house and started shutting off lights...got to computer room...saw window open (and I get the feeling at this point he was getting irate as opposed to what he said "worried"...only assuming) which is why he then went into bedroom and the first two things he says are "Why are all the lights on?" and 2nd thing "Why is he sleeping in here?"........THEN he goes to Lisa's open door...then sees she is not in crib....and mom is now up...THEN I believe they discovered front door unlocked. I believe that is their accounts.

What door did JI use to enter the home when he came home from work?

I've actually been getting out of my car, talking on the phone and looking for it at the same time lol

My little granddaughter is famous for walking around looking for, and then crying for, her "boppy" (her word for pacifier), only to have Nana (me) tell her that it is in her mouth. She, of course, then starts laughing and calling herself "silly girl."

OK when that officer went head first into the window he would have had to land on his hands and probably drop to his knees. There is no way that it was quiet.

The other times he went through the window he was aided by stepping on something one time the window slid down which would have made noise, and the second time he went in he was given a lift by another officer.

So if someone went into that window(which BTW the screen was totally off when the officer went through it not partially off as we have heard) then it would have been 2 people not one in the house.

However, what if one person inside handed Lisa out the window to someone waiting below? That I could easily see. Who though?

Not hearing these noises really bugs me. Did Mom take a sleep aid? Or did she sneak out for a while? Speculating here.

These speculative questions could cause someone to fail a poly..... depending on the questions asked.

This case reminds me of Haleigh Cummings so much it is scaring me.

I don't think the person kept the phones on his or her person for long so the pinging wouldn't really matter. I think the intent was to slow down calls for help.

I just remembered reading about a kid who was robbed at gunpoint here a few weeks ago. The robber demanded his cell phone first, and then his money and car keys. The keys and cell phone were tossed into a trash can a few blocks away.

I'm afraid I don't have the presence of mind to be a criminal. I *might* make an off-the-cuff decision to take the phones to slow down calls for help if I noticed them sitting there, but I wouldn't be sufficiently on-the-ball to ditch them so quickly that they don't give any helpful pings, and yet so efficiently that LE can't find them after days of searching.

If I remember correctly, there is a dog running in teh back yard. So there could be LOTS of disturbances in the back yard... from digging, running, typical 'dog' stuff. That might explain the multiple times going to the back yard to search and why disturbances in dirt aren't so visable

Not really the same thing unless the burglar is prepared to check every room for a cell phone...I don't think that is why these phones were taken, if they were. Not even sure there was a reason, not one that makes sense; why would a random kidnapper think those were the only phones in the house, with all of those closed doors?

You take what you see and hope for the best? If I saw three phones sitting together in one spot I would think the odds are those are all of the phones in the house. It appears from articles linked by others that taking of phones during a burglary is common these days.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150993"]MO AMBER ALERT: Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 #12 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member