Handwriting Analysis//Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
It struck me in KC's affidavits that accompanied her motion for indigency that there is no space whatever between her first, middle, and last names, and I don't recall her signature looking the way it does in these documents. (I need to look it up.)

The affidavits are at the end of this file:
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/28249113/Casey-Motion-for-Indigency-03052010

Her handwriting is strange. On page 6 the "0" where she wrote "number of dependents" is shaped like a head, kind of coming to a point at the bottom (wonder what that means in the handwriting analysis biz?)

Also the next page (7, I think), where she wrote her name(the no spaces between first, middle, last-weird), it says typewritten, "I" then a line for her to fill her name in on, which she did, writing Casey Marie Anthony. Look at the y in the Anthony. It's like there are two dots in the open, top part of the y, which turned sideways, looks like a smiley face kind of. Weird. (Wonder what an analyst would make of that also?)

And what is with the last page, where she has to fill in her name after the typewritten I? Is that some kind of copy or fax issue that messed it up or is that the way she wrote it? It looks like "craisey MA Pie" and then a whole other mess after that, in her own writing of her name?? Then look on down toward the bottom of the page where there is a typewritten "Fee" and she fills in the $ "0.00", look at the two zeros behind the point, they look like eye lids, she didn't write other zeros that way. Just strange. Don't have any idea what that could mean but wish I did!

moo

The part where she put 0 on dependents almost looks like she put 1 and then changed it to a zero.

actually I am pretty sure it points to her rejection of her own name. I dont think she likes being famous as much as she thought she might.
I think she wishes she had the opportunity to spend the $250,000 all by herself.

She's angry.

1) Do any of you think that the State has or intends to do handwriting/ink analysis from the diary and other documents written by KC?

2) What are the chances that such evidence would be admissible in a FL criminal trial? Has it ever been admitted before?

TIA!

1) Do any of you think that the State has or intends to do handwriting/ink analysis from the diary and other documents written by KC?

2) What are the chances that such evidence would be admissible in a FL criminal trial? Has it ever been admitted before?

TIA!

No because they don't need the diary and it wold likely be thrown out anyway. The diary was a "distraction".......

Well, my dear Searchfortruth, I did promise to see if I could find the link to the expert's analysis of KC's writing and it wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be. Maybe this will be interesting to compare to amateurs.

http://www..com/2009/03/handwriting-expert-analyzes-casey-anthonys-writing/

here's another link I found - http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/267581

Her handwriting is strange. On page 6 the "0" where she wrote "number of dependents" is shaped like a head, kind of coming to a point at the bottom (wonder what that means in the handwriting analysis biz?)

Also the next page (7, I think), where she wrote her name(the no spaces between first, middle, last-weird), it says typewritten, "I" then a line for her to fill her name in on, which she did, writing Casey Marie Anthony. Look at the y in the Anthony. It's like there are two dots in the open, top part of the y, which turned sideways, looks like a smiley face kind of. Weird. (Wonder what an analyst would make of that also?)

And what is with the last page, where she has to fill in her name after the typewritten I? Is that some kind of copy or fax issue that messed it up or is that the way she wrote it? It looks like "craisey MA Pie" and then a whole other mess after that, in her own writing of her name?? Then look on down toward the bottom of the page where there is a typewritten "Fee" and she fills in the $ "0.00", look at the two zeros behind the point, they look like eye lids, she didn't write other zeros that way. Just strange. Don't have any idea what that could mean but wish I did!

moo

travelgal's link BBM

Thanks for the links travelgal.

Well that pretty much answers the questions I had. The above BBM article, talks about KC's A coming to a point at the top, how that indicates a person with extremes in their sexual life, either abstinence or sexaholics. So I am going to assume the same principal applies to the zero she wrote for number of dependents, that I thought looked shaped like a head, with the bottom coming to a point.

Then where I mentioned that it looked like two dots in the opening of her y, which if looked at sideways could like like a kind of face and also the two zero's behind the point on the "Fee" line, that look like they have eyelids, travelgal's other link (not bolded) says that is a sign of immaturity. That fits for me.

Then on the last page where I said it looks like she wrote her name as "craisey MA Pie" and then a mess that is illegible to me.....the BBM article says that is ambiguous or tricky writing, someone who is trying to hide the truth or leaving it vague on purpose, so that others aren't positive of what was written. This makes perfect sense to me.

I think handwriting analysis is valuable input when interpreted by true professionals.

MOO

I think her new signature is the result of her being locked up. Her letters are cramped & run together-probably exactly how she feels. Also, I think she's losing her identity & may identifiy more with Baez than her old self. Also, I agree with the poster who thinks she's rejecting her name. It looked angry!!! As for the big 0...I think she is either showing a defiance @ having no dependents, or again is showing anger @ that simple question.

Why would she put the Hopespring house as her address, but under telephone number write "N/A". Wouldn't the address also be N/A in that case? Or wouldn't the phone number then be the house number?

So sad to see 0 dependents. I wonder how she felt writing that.

I think her new signature is the result of her being locked up. Her letters are cramped & run together-probably exactly how she feels. Also, I think she's losing her identity & may identifiy more with Baez than her old self. Also, I agree with the poster who thinks she's rejecting her name. It looked angry!!! As for the big 0...I think she is either showing a defiance @ having no dependents, or again is showing anger @ that simple question.

It will be interesting to see what CM's sig looks like and if CMA's morphs into CM's.

I am looking forward to some discussion on Casey's latest handwriting samples. Also interested to know how it compares to the diary found at her home !

one important thing I think is interesting in these letters (I am only on page 98, so..) is that slant indicates feeling - most people have a slight slant towards the right which is quite normal, a lil feeling, a heavy slant to the right indicates very stong powerful feeling whereas a slant to the left indicates literal holding one's feelings back.

for the most part her writing is no slant at all showing no feeling at the time but there are places that there is wild slanting both to the left and to the right -

will have to go back through to add specific examples but there are places in the first 10 pages or so where she talks about caylee and slants heavily to the left - trying very hard to feel nothing.

when she talks about CA betraying her, crazy right slanting - she was very upset.

she goes from feeling nothing to strong to nothing again often and this is the reason everyone thinks her writing is so different - it is not. her feelings are all over the place though.

fwiw it's extremely hard to analyze well on digital copies of copies :(

Casey's handwriting fills the field.

She slants left

She slants right

She is practically vertical.

She makes very few "scribble" mistakes.

Her artwork around "Cookie"'s name is childish and the dotted letters used were also seen in her diary confiscated in the house search.

Her ubiquitous <3 at the bottom of her letters is also childish.

Casey Anthony's Handwriting Reveals Immaturity
Handwriting Analyst Examines Jailhouse Letters

POSTED: 4:07 pm EDT April 7, 2010
UPDATED: 4:29 pm EDT April 7, 2010
<snipped>
Sally Elliott, a forensic expert, was interviewed by phone and pointed out that Anthony's letters are all the same height.

"That's mundane writing. It's all in the middle zone. She doesn't have very much in the upper or the lower," Elliott said.

Elliott said as a person matures, their letter heights begin to vary, and some pen strokes clearly reach upward. That indicates maturity, as well as the development of morals and character.

But Elliott said Anthony's handwriting indicates an immature personality and someone who's ego-centric.

"Her main problem is immaturity. Just like any child, she's thinking of herself and doing what she wants to do," Elliott said. "(If) she wants to do something, she's going to do it. She's willful."

A handwriting analyst says Casey Anthony's pen strokes reveal immaturity.
23081100_640X480.jpg

VIDEO: Casey Anthony's Handwriting Reveals Immaturity 1:44
An analysis of Casey Anthony's handwriting in her jailhouse letters could provide an added glimpse into who she is.
http://www.wesh.com/video/23081099/index.html

Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/23081045/detail.html

:angel:

I noticed the differences in the handwriting as well - KC usually writes vertically but then sometimes slants to the right - combo printing/cursive - sometimes more than others. Then Robyn's writing was sometimes small but sometimes looked like KC's writing too. I don't know how to copy and post side-by-side samples to make it easy to compare. Robyn's writing was sometimes very small and other times looked different - more like KC's. The pen one uses can affect one's penmanship along with whether or not the paper is lined, but I thought I noticed some pretty big differences letter to letter in the writing.:waitasec: When I was reading something Robyn wrote, I had trouble distinguishing her penmanship from KC's at times. Other times, I knew from just looking at the new page that I was reading something from someone other than KC. Anyone else experience the same confusion?

Just a note - I remember my teacher showing us how to angle the paper so that our writing would tilt slightly to the right - we were supposed to write that way - not backhanded or straight up and down. My mom tells a story of being admonished for writing straight up and down when she was young. She worked very hard at getting the proper slant (right slant) to her penmanship after that. She has beautiful penmanship and I commented on it once and she told me that story. So her generation and later mine were taught (at least by the teachers we encountered) to slant our writing forward - toward the right.

The content speaks for itself. It screams immature and you don't need handwriting analysis:)
She sounds about 15 years old. So obvious you would have to be another 15 year old on the receiving end of those letters to even answer. Very enlightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa