GUILTY NE - Juliette Geurts, 2, beaten to death, Gering, 11 July 2008

I am not 100% sure if there has been an actual petition done directed at officials, but I do know that the officials in the county do get regular letters/phone calls about Juliette.
I think it is possible they felt that would be a bit more personal, but I'm not sure. I also know that ONE Senator did respond!

We also contact national media on a regular basis. CNN/HLN is the only one I have heard may have responded at all. I'm not for sure on that.
We know at least one of the officials there doesn't mind bad publicity... because he did nothing to help his image after his "dead babies" comment to Juliette's Aunt went national.

Senator John Harms Nebraska 48th District sent a response... so we have been THANKING him for doing so.
Email; jharms@leg.ne.gov
Sen. John Harms, District 48 Room 2011, P.O. Box, 94604, State Capitol, Lincoln, NE 68509

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-for-Juliette/163622797027340

These are the officials that we have been KINDLY contacting and GENTLY requesting that they help seek Justice for Juliette.

Gering Police Department Chief of police Mel Griggs
1025 "P" Street
P.O. Box 687
Gering, Nebraska 69341
Email To: mgriggs@gering.org

JON BRUNING (R) Nebraska Attorney General
Elected: 2002, 2006, 2010
State Capitol, P.O.Box 98920, Lincoln, NE 68509-8920
http://www.ago.state.ne.us/

Governor Mr. Dave Heineman
Lincoln Office/
State Capitol:
Office of the Governor
P.O. Box 94848
Lincoln, NE 68509-4848

Scottsbluff & Gering Nebraska
Mr. Doug Warner Scottsbluff County DA (Formerly the Assistant Attorney General for the State of Nebraska)

1725 10th Street
Gering, NE 69341
Douglas Warner - County Attorney
308 436-6674 - Main Number
Email - dwarner@scottsbluffcounty.org

I wish they could just bring in a whole new team... let them take over.
Even if you ARE investigating something, you get tunnel vision after a while.

When you have been looking at the same thing for 3.5 years...
You might stop seeing or just never see the most obvious things.

I JUST realized... the headband Juliette is wearing in this gorgeous picture??
The picture I have looked at hundreds of times...

justice5.jpg

My daughter wore that headband when she was a baby.
It is the ONLY headband my daughter EVER wore.

In 3 years, I never noticed that headband before. Or the laundry basket. Or that outfit my kids wore. Or that toy...

Because I was so focused on Justice, I wasn't paying attention to details like that.

Even if someone in this case is actually investigating it... (and I SO hope someone is...) :please:

What might THEY be completely missing because they are so focused on another part of the picture?
:waitasec:
What might they find if they looked at the case from a totally different angle? With just dedication to solving it?

julietteg29.jpg

You know... we had a tragic event here recently.
A friend's baby died of SIDS at only a few days old.
That was awful of course.
But when I saw how it was handled, it only made me angry.

This baby died of SIDS, there was NO sign of trauma or abuse at all. No drugs in the house. No signs of neglect. Nothing.

However, they immediately got everyone out of the house.
They sealed off the house like a crime scene... and they kept it that way... for 5 days.

They drug tested the mother and father and checked the other children for injuries.

I didn't know whether to be angry at OUR law enforcement... or more angry at Juliette's lack of law enforcement.

You know, since they didn't even search Juliette's house for 5 days and they NEVER drug tested her mother...

It's almost like law enforcement in Juliette's case... dropped the ball or something. Strange. :waitasec:

juliette04.jpg

With so many babies being abused and murdered it is good to know that LE somewhere is going the extra mile. Better safe than sorry! Better to over investigate and find nothing than to under investigate and find nothing! moo

With so many babies being abused and murdered it is good to know that LE somewhere is going the extra mile. Better safe than sorry! Better to over investigate and find nothing than to under investigate and find nothing! moo

I know... it was outrageous to sit and watch that happen... thinking "WHY didn't ANYBODY do this for Juliette?!"

I feel much better now that Lily got her Justice... but it's Juliette's turn. Still waiting.

jl7l.jpg

It is Juliette's turn...........and some! Everytime I look at her pictures I feel like crying. So young, so beautiful, and so full of life. She deserved so much more and so did her sisters, father, and family. They deserved to watch her grow up, graduate, go to college, get married, and have babies of her own. This was stolen from her and everyone who loved her.

I wish I knew how to get someone to investigate and get results! All three of the adults who let this happen and caused this to happen to her deserve to be punished. It is so unfair for them to go on with their lives and never skip a beat.

If even one of them had a conscience he/she would come forward. That says so much about all three of them. moo

I hope someone in LE gets on the stick and does something for Juliette. She wasn't just another child. She has a name and her name is Juliette and she is loved and missed. I hope none of those involved in the investigation ever have to walk in her family's shoes. Someone might tell them, "Well, its just another child".

Rest in peace beautiful baby girl. We know your name, Juliette. I hope you are chasing butterflies and catching balloons!

why can't someone take these videos out to pinterest like the filmaker did with KONY!! It went viral in 2 and a half days with over 40 million views in that amount of time. HLN and all the major news agencies picked it up. Why not make an informative video, (maybe there already is one?) and put it on Pinterest. I'm sure a lot of folks don't know about this site, I happend to stumble upon it during the CA trial...and since haven't visited much. The KONY video made Jane Valez Mitchell last night after only 5 days of being out on the web!! Surely it couldn't hurt, the impact of Social Media today is AWESOME....Someone in Julliet's family should try it. Or perhaps someone on here! Good luck...I hope they find and get this person who did this to that sweet baby!

why can't someone take these videos out to pinterest like the filmaker did with KONY!! It went viral in 2 and a half days with over 40 million views in that amount of time. HLN and all the major news agencies picked it up. Why not make an informative video, (maybe there already is one?) and put it on Pinterest. I'm sure a lot of folks don't know about this site, I happend to stumble upon it during the CA trial...and since haven't visited much. The KONY video made Jane Valez Mitchell last night after only 5 days of being out on the web!! Surely it couldn't hurt, the impact of Social Media today is AWESOME....Someone in Julliet's family should try it. Or perhaps someone on here! Good luck...I hope they find and get this person who did this to that sweet baby!

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! There are videos all over youtube... but this one is probably the most "professional" since it's a news segment.

Would this one work to put on Pinterest, which I'd not even seen until just now?? (Anyone can answer this.)

[video=youtube;XE0hA-s_c5c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE0hA-s_c5c&feature=player_embedded[/video]

It's perfect...I loved it! Do you have a pinterest account... I do and can do an invite, it's quicker with an invitation, otherwise it takes 3 or 4 days wait if you request to join youself, not sure why! :)

If you want me to invite you send me a message to my mailbox here, with the email address you want to use....you can also use the facebook address from the justice for juillete page on facebook! :
Becky in MS

The 8 minute video piece is really well done - but I would like to see the final screen tell people in very clear language how to write to protest. You're kind of left at the end of the video saying now wait, where was that? Who could I write?

Did I overstep my boundries by posting this video on Pinterest. I made a Board called Justice For Julliet Geurts.... I pinned the above video.... and made a plea for everyone else to re-pin it.... I can take other of her videos and pin them, OR I can remove the board...your call MsF! :)

MyJuliettePinterestBoard | Flickr - Photo Sharing! sorry I can only get it to post as a link!!!

This is what I have put on Pinterest so far....MsF...if you want me to remove this board I am happy to do it!!! I do realize that I spelled Juliette's name wrong on the Board name, but I would have to delete the entire board and start over, I have spelled her name correctly in the individual posts...Let me know if you want me to keep this going or not!!

Becky

By the way if anyone is into Pinterest, I am Becky MiMi Gatian...I don't care if folks know!! Just sayin'!! I can get my students to jump on board too...they will do it, and spread it from there!! :) But if you want it down, I will delete the board. The second video I got from YouTube, and it had names and contact numbers. One of the problem with Pinterest is the description is now limited to 500 words. :( Maybe you should create a document that can be scanned into Adobe format, or HTML, or make a page on the Justice for Juliette Blog that has all the contact numbers listed. Also I would put AS many pictures as you can on the Justice for Juliette Blog, it only has a banner, and lots of info, but I couldn't grab any photos which would then link back to the blog for people to read. The whole idea of Pinterest is that when you click on the Picture or Video it takes you back to the ORIGINAL site, so there is no Piracy....so the more pictures that could link back to the original blogs, the better. I have stopped for now, just in case I was being OVERZEALOUS and over stepping my boundaries....so you tell me Ms.F if I need to carry on or delete the page...I will do whatever you wish!!

I learned of this case via youtube but never followed it here. Does the mother have visitation? Does she have other children? Where is she? Where are the other two guys? The roommates?

What the heck is up with that city attorney? Is there any outrage over his comments that indicate this is just another dead baby case? What's wrong with that guy? Who was he talking to in that phone call? Why so apathetic? Why isn't he fired?

I feel that if and when he is gone from his post, there might be movement on this case. What is wrong with that man?

Did I overstep my boundries by posting this video on Pinterest. I made a Board called Justice For Julliet Geurts.... I pinned the above video.... and made a plea for everyone else to re-pin it.... I can take other of her videos and pin them, OR I can remove the board...your call MsF! :)

No, that is WONDERFUL. Thank you! :seeya:
I am so relieved... it seems like I write a letter or make a phone call every day... This is something new! :woohoo:

You can take any of the pictures I have posted in these threads, you don't even have to save them if you don't want to, just use the link.
Right click and view image info... take the link and you can use it to post it somewhere if you want.

What I REALLY think is not pointed out enough
(as you may have noticed...) is that Juliette is the daughter of a soldier.
He fights for us, I will be d@mned if I'm going to stop fighting for his little girls. :twocents:

There are lots of videos... This video has information in it, lots of pictures and also is to music. "Freedom isn't Free."

There is actually two links for it, if there is no preference, the first OneTrueMedia one is a better option.
It automatically updates if the video is edited. There is an embed code on the right when you click on the link, if it works for you?

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?...kin_id=601&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

If not, here is the youtube one as well.

If it would help for the contact information to be added to the end of this video, that isn't a problem. :twocents:

[video=youtube;zTIGeHFviyw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTIGeHFviyw[/video]

I learned of this case via youtube but never followed it here. Does the mother have visitation? Does she have other children? Where is she? Where are the other two guys? The roommates?

What the heck is up with that city attorney? Is there any outrage over his comments that indicate this is just another dead baby case? What's wrong with that guy? Who was he talking to in that phone call? Why so apathetic? Why isn't he fired?

I feel that if and when he is gone from his post, there might be movement on this case. What is wrong with that man?

The mother doesn't have visitation with Juliette's twin, no.
She does have another younger daughter.
She moved out of the state and so did the two guys.
The guys live in Colorado last I heard, with the boyfriend being incarcerated there.

Mr. Dead babies was talking to Juliette's Auntie Monica... the same woman being interviewed about Juliette in the video.
Outrage?? I am outraged enough for all of us! But public outrage? I can't seem to find much of it.

I would THINK that would be something NANCY would be outraged about. So feel free to help me point it out to her.
I agree with you 100% about the guy. He should be gone. But he's not. I agree, there would probably be more progress if he was gone.

If you have ANY people you can think of
to contact about Juliette, please let me know and I will see if they have been contacted.
I try and write a letter or make a phone call every day about Juliette. There are only so many people though... :waitasec:

I can't believe there has been this much activity on Juliette's thread in the last little while. Thank you!
:please:

Would it be legal to put a video with LE's comments? Wasn't there a video with him saying that?

Just a thought!

Would it be legal to put a video with LE's comments? Wasn't there a video with him saying that?

Just a thought!

That is the one she put up there first. It is the most complete video and it has the $#@%& with his comments too. That's why I suggested it first.

[video=youtube;XE0hA-s_c5c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE0hA-s_c5c&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back