IL IL - Diamond, 3, & Tionda Bradley, 10, Chicago, 6 Jul 2001

They're both beautiful and they've been gone too long. I hope their mother gets some answers and very quickly!!!!

tipper said:
Missing children in general are mostly ignored by the media. Unless there is something about the case that catches the public's interest. Parents of all colors all over the country are begging for coverage. At best they may get a local news story and that is it.
The media generates the public's interest and, missing black children are mostly ignored by the media.

jannuncutt said:
The media generates the public's interest and, missing black children are mostly ignored by the media.

Tybee wants us to talk about the girls - not the color. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Diamond and Tionda media coverage:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/042004_ns_coldcase.html
From the linked article:
The Bradley family did not want to do an on-camera interview, but says they have not given up hope that Diamond and Tionda will be found alive. A $20,000 reward is still being offered in the case.

On-camera interviews are usually good for generating publicity, and public interest. It is always better to see an on-camera interview of an interested party than to just see the newscaster read the story. I understand that it is a very difficult time for families of the missing, but on-camera interviews are definitely helpful.

tiondacollage.jpg

My collage for the Bradley's

keona/Keke is banned. It is a shame because an advocate for Missing and Murdered Children of Color with maturity and passion would have been as asset for WS and the crusade for Missing children.

tybee204 said:
keona/Keke is banned. It is a shame because an advocate for Missing and Murdered Children of Color with maturity and passion would have been as asset for WS and the crusade for Missing children.
I agree. :(

It's too bad that none of the national news websites have message boards; I checked. But if the real underlying issue here is getting African-American kids more media exposure, this would be a good start:

Court TV Amber Alerts and Missing People Message Board
http://boards.courttv.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=10

I imagine CTV's message boards generate a lot of media traffic.

And kudos to Nancy Grace for giving African-American kids national coverage during her time-slot on CTV.

Investigators may have ruled out a link between human bones found on Chicago's South Side and two high-profile missing children cases.

Forensic experts say the bones are those of a white or Hispanic girl in her early teens. That would rule out a connection to either Tionda or Diamond Bradley, sisters who disappeared in July of 2001 from their South Side home.

DNA tests still need to be completed for further information.
http://www.nbc5.com/news/4455548/detail.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: July 6, 2001 from Chicago, Illinois
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: November 25, 1997
Height and Weight: 3'0, 40 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair, brown eyes. Diamond has a scar on the left side of her hairline. She normally wears her hair braided in the back with four ponytails. Diamond has deep-set eyes.
Clothing Description: Violet and purple ponytail holders in her hair.

Details of Disappearance
Diamond was last seen at her family's residence in the 3500 block of South Lake Park Avenue in Chicago, Illinois on July 6, 2001. Her mother departed for work at approximately 6:30 a.m. Diamond and her older sister, Tionda Bradley, stayed at the house during the morning. Their mother, Tracey Bradley, discovered that the girls were not inside their residence when she returned at approximately 11:00 a.m. Tionda apparently left a note stating that she and Diamond planned to walk to a nearby school and store. Tionda was enrolled in summer classes at Doolittle Elementary School at the time, but school officials said that she was absent the day of her disappearance.

Several neighborhood children told authorities that they saw Tionda and Diamond playing outside of their residence at approximately 12:00 p.m. Neither child has been heard from again. An extensive search of the surrounding areas produced no clues as to their whereabouts.

Diamond is described as being independent. Her family said that she often fought with her siblings in 2001. Diamond is naturally timid but talkative. She enjoys eating peanuts and ramen noodles.

Authorities said that Tracey was not cooperating with investigators in relation to her daughters' cases. She shoved a police officer who requested that she accompany him to the precinct to discuss new leads in March 2002. Tracey was placed in handcuffs and taken to the station, where she briefly spoke with investigators. Her attorney arrived shortly thereafter and stopped the interview. Authorities said that Tracey missed several scheduled appointments with detectives in the past. Tracey's spiritual advisor told the media that officers had violated her rights by forcibly taking her to the precinct. Authorities said that Tracey was physically combative and they needed to restrain her in handcuffs.

Tracey's mother voluntarily took a polygraph exam shortly after Tionda and Diamond disappeared as a matter of cooperation. She is not being called a suspect in her daughters' disappearances. Authorities are interviewing most of the girls' relatives and friends once again as the investigations continue. They searched the children's great-grandfather's Wisconsin home but found no evidence. Some investigators theorized that Diamond and Tionda were taken by a Middle Eastern man who had paid child support for one of them until the summer of 2001, when he learned he was not her father. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agents went to Morocco to investigate the lead, but did not find any evidence that the Bradley children had been there. Police believe Tionda would have contacted her loved ones by now if she could have; they think both children are either deceased or have been taken out of the country.

Authorities located a young girl who matched Diamond's description in November 2001. The child was lost and investigators asked Tracey to identify the girl, but she refused. Tracey's mother arrived at the precinct and stated that the child was not Diamond. The girl was eventually identified and returned to her family. Human remains, believed to be those of a girl in her early teens, were found in an industrial area on the far south side of Chicago, near some railroad tracks, in late April 2005. Investigators initially believed they might be Tionda's, but scientists who examined the remains said they were probably from a Caucasian or Hispanic girl. They have not been identified.

The Bradley sisters' cases remain unsolved.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bradley_diamond.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: July 6, 2001 from Chicago, Illinois
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: January 20, 1991
Height and Weight: 4'2, 70 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, brown eyes. Tionda has a quarter-sized burn scar on her left forearm. She had a scrape on her left calf on the time of her July 2001 disappearance. Tionda normally wears her hair in long ponytails.
Clothing Description: Green ponytail holders in her hair.

Details of Disappearance
Tionda was last seen at her family's residence in the 3500 block of South Lake Park Avenue in Chicago, Illinois on July 6, 2001. Her mother departed for work at approximately 6:30 a.m. Tionda and her younger sister, Diamond Bradley, stayed at the house during the morning. Their mother, Tracey Bradley, discovered that the girls were not inside their residence when she returned at approximately 11:00 a.m. Tionda apparently left a note stating that she and Diamond planned to walk to a nearby school and store. Tionda was enrolled in summer classes at Doolittle Elementary School at the time, but school officials said that she was absent the day of her disappearance.

Several neighborhood children told authorities that they saw Tionda and Diamond playing outside of their residence at approximately 12:00 p.m. Neither child has been heard from again. An extensive search of the surrounding areas produced no clues as to their whereabouts.

Tionda is described as having a shy nature when dealing with strangers. Her hobbies include running track and dancing. She uses the term "Girl" often and pronounces "bye-bye" as "baby-bye."

Authorities said that Tracey was not cooperating with investigators in relation to her daughters' cases. She shoved a police officer who requested that she accompany him to the precinct to discuss new leads in March 2002. Tracey was placed in handcuffs and taken to the station, where she briefly spoke with investigators. Her attorney arrived shortly thereafter and stopped the interview. Authorities said that Tracey missed several scheduled appointments with detectives in the past. Tracey's spiritual advisor told the media that officers had violated her rights by forcibly taking her to the precinct. Authorities said that Tracey was physically combative and they needed to restrain her in handcuffs.

Tracey's mother voluntarily took a polygraph exam shortly after Tionda and Diamond disappeared as a matter of cooperation. She is not being called a suspect in her daughters' disappearances. Authorities are interviewing most of the girls' relatives and friends once again as the investigations continue. They searched the children's great-grandfather's Wisconsin home but found no evidence. Some investigators theorized that Diamond and Tionda were taken by a Middle Eastern man who had paid child support for one of them until the summer of 2001, when he learned he was not her father. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agents went to Morocco to investigate the lead, but did not find any evidence that the Bradley children had been there. Police believe Tionda would have contacted her loved ones by now if she could have; they think both children are either deceased or have been taken out of the country.

Authorities located a young girl who matched Diamond's description in November 2001. The child was lost and investigators asked Tracey to identify the girl, but she refused. Tracey's mother arrived at the precinct and stated that the child was not Diamond. The girl was eventually identified and returned to her family. Human remains, believed to be those of a girl in her early teens, were found in an industrial area on the far south side of Chicago, near some railroad tracks, in late April 2005. Investigators initially believed they might be Tionda's, but scientists who examined the remains said they were probably from a Caucasian or Hispanic girl. They have not been identified.

The Bradley sisters' cases remain unsolved.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bradley_tionda.html

This is SO sad. I never even heard of this case, until I read it here. My thoughts and prayers are with their family.

(CBS) CHICAGO A possible new lead in the search for two young South Side sisters comes nearly five years after their disappearance.

Thursday marks the anniversary of the disappearance of Diamond and Tionda Bradley.

As CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports, a telephone call is now giving the family new hope.

According to police, a woman called the tip line last week. She didn't claim to be a psychic, but what she told them got their attention.

An entire room at the police station is devoted to paperwork involving Tionda and Diamond Bradley.

and

Biggane says she got a phone call last week from a woman who said she had a dream about the girls, but Biggane thinks the dream may be an excuse just to talk and what the woman said got the detective's attention.

"It makes me believe they are alive," she said. "Some of the information is credible, which makes me want to pursue this lead a little bit farther."

~more at link~

This is fabulous news.

Praying for these sisters!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

I am sooooo hoping this tip leads to something!!
Fiver years is much too long to go without answers!

I hope the girls are alive!!!

lisag said:
I am sooooo hoping this tip leads to something!!
Fiver years is much too long to go without answers!

I hope the girls are alive!!!

Wouldn't that be wonderful for the parents as well as the girls. That would be a miracle for sure. Hopfully someone took them that didn't have any children and just wanted two little girls and has loved them and taken good care of them all of this time. Prayers that they will find the girls soon.

This is a really sad case. I guess all we can hope for at the best is that these two little beauties are together, perhaps with the man who thought he was one of their fathers? At least then they would be with someone for the right reasons(ie he loved them so much he wanted them with him). Has this man been checked out and cleared?

Also I cant understand why the mother Tracy was described as being uncooperative. Why would you be like this if your child was missing? It said in a couple of reports that tracy came home at 11 am but several witnesses said that the girls were seen playing outside the residence at 12pm so what happened there?

Also I wonder if it was customary for the girls to leave a note for mum saying they were poping to the shop. Would mum have thought that was fine and not started looking for them till later or would that have been a warning sign to her?

The two little girls that this thread started out to be about kind of got lost in the shuffle. Has there been any news at all about them? Someone had to have picked them up. There is no way that they are out there on their own at 10 and 3 years old.

I did a quick search. After the supposed lead mentioned on July 5, no new news has been mentioned..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back