Cases That Haunt You

i have a friend who has the gift of sight well he did at one point and i remember one day over breakfast telling him about the doenetwork, and websleuths, and finding info on this missing girl i gave him little details i was like she was 8 went bike riding never found, he goes she has blond hair right gap 2 front teeth, she had on shorts and a shirt, i was like omg,hes like whats her name i go janice pockett, he goes shes close by im like what do u mean? he says she was from around here i go yeah tolland 45 minns away he goes omg. so when i get home i send him a link to her picture and hes on the phone with me going omg omg that was her it was freeky, well im writing back and forth with someone who does writing for cold cases in ct and have recived intresting information that was in the hartford courrant about other girls missing after she went missing, and were trying to find a link between janice and the other missing girls, also peirce and bar-jones the people listed that may be involved dont really look like they are. at one point i thought peirce was involved cuz of his confession but i think he was just saying it, and the other girls who went missing after her a few years later the towns were relitvely close, and peirce was in mass at the time and i think already in prison for some murder he commited, also it was brought to my attention the guy who killed molly bish would have been around the time janice went missing so im trying to find out if he was in ct at the time, talked to my friend who said he thinks its a guy whos in dc commited alot of child crimes but is not doing it anymore meaning got help, from someone to stop the killings, does anyone know of anyone in the dc area that commited lots of crimes but was suspected but then never charged? or vis versa

dont think im crazy about the visons and stuff if anyone isnt crazy let me know

One of the cases that has stuck with me for a long time, even though it happened before I was born, is that of Marjorie "Christy" Luna. It may have something to do with the fact that she lived not even ten minutes from me. I can't find anything new on her case; I can't even find another picture of her. :(

Here is a link to her case:

http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/luna.html

They interviewed her mom on the news last year or so, and it's been 20 years since her daughter disappeared. I can't imagine what that must be like for her. It's something you never forget.

Another case that has stuck with me is Andrea Parsons. I remember when this happened. It was all over the news. I remember the pictures and the descriptions of her, I remember the searches, I remember the suspects.

Here is a link to her case:

http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/aparsons.html

was janice cassified as a runaway or a nonfamily abduction. also today on tv i was watching about the adam walsh story john walshes late son who was kidnaped and killed how sad and how back then they didnt do much for children who were missing, scarry, we need to keep these children in our memorie, i know im gona be lighting a candle for every anniversery of some of the missing janice, andy puglies, the lyons sisters, rachel cooke, evelyn hartly, connie smith, jacob wetterling, jason jarkowski, if u are intrested in starting a prayer circle for them let me know

you know how through the jason jarkowski foundation thing that they have the buttons for the missing such as murra murray rachael cooke and others, well what about pins for older cases. i know like a 20 year old case might not be important to most people. but, what if your taken a walk and u have the pin on u and someone goes omg i remeber that case i lived in the town such and such and starts talking to u about stuff, and then they start to remeber and some new leads pop up, if anyone thinks its a good idea let me know i thinking pins on evelen hartley, the lyon sisters, janice pockett, andy puglies. indiana dunes girls and any other cold cold cases. or they could even be a reminder to poeple that these are the missing still who have yet to be found, the reason i got involved in missing persons and cold cases were the young children and adults missing for years with no clues, as to where they are

This is only my second post on this forum, so I'm still a "newbie." This case has always stayed in the back of my mind, partly because my Mom was in the area at the time of Christy's discovery, and partly because of another death in our area that occured around the same time. (solved but the killer is still fighting to get free) On the day that Christy's body was found, the police were diverting traffic so that they could bring the body out and not be interrupted. My Mom ended up having to wait (in her car) on the side of the road facing Christy's house. At that time, a man in a dark sedan was parked next to her. Mom considers herself to be a little psychic, and she said she got an overwhelming aura of anger from this man as he stared at Christy's house. In her head she kept hearing "good, the is dead" over and over again. Then the man pulled out of his spot and went in the opposite direction. She swears it was the killer, and still gets freaked out about it. Everything I've ever heard about Christy is that she was sweet and kind, never a "." I got this story from another site, so I hope it works.

A mother's dying wish
By Barbara Hough Roda
Dec 14, 2002, 18:53 EST
Lancaster Sunday News

Knowing she might not live to see the 10th anniversary of her daughter's unsolved killing, Gerry Mirack asked for an interview to tell her story of the pain of losing her "Chrissy' and her fear that justice will never be done.

Gerry Mirack was sick and weary when she got word to the Sunday News this summer that she wanted to talk.
Battling cancer, grief and the clock, she feared that she would die before the 10th anniversary of her daughter's unsolved murder. Mrs. Mirack wanted to leave this life knowing that she would have a say in a December article about her middle child, about the devastating loss to her family, about frustration with a murder investigation that has failed to produce a killer.

She did not want Christy Mirack, the daughter taken from her family four days before Christmas, to be forgotten.

"It's too late now ... I feel it's too late for me because of how sick I am," Mrs. Mirack said in a shaky and tired voice.

But on that day in September, as she glanced at her two surviving children during an interview at daughter Alicia's Philadelphia-area home, she added, "My kids are still here ... It's such a long time, 10 years."

Less than two months later, on Nov. 4, Mrs. Mirack, 59, died at her Shamokin home. Death came one day after Christy would have celebrated her 35th birthday.

Mrs. Mirack was a Catholic, a member of Our Lady of Hope Church in Coal Township, Northumberland County. There was daunting comfort in the belief that Christy, and truth about the murder, awaited her in death.

The terrible call

It was Mrs. Mirack who got the call from Christy's principal that her daughter hadn't arrived at Rohrerstown Elementary School the morning of Monday, Dec. 21, 1992. Did Christy visit Shamokin that weekend, the principal asked?

She had not, and a worried Mrs. Mirack started calling Christy's East Lampeter Township townhouse. Her daughter never answered but, after three hours, someone with the police did _ the family does not know to this day who that was _ and told Mrs. Mirack she needed to come to Lancaster.

The man would say no more. Mrs. Mirack persisted, as concern gave way to a mother's worst fears. There was an "accident," she was told. Christy was dead.

The sixth-grade teacher's strangled, beaten and sexually assaulted body was found by the Rohrerstown principal, who had driven to her Greenfield Estates home to check on her. It was one year and one day after Laurie Show was murdered in the same township.

According to a 1995 Lancaster New Era story citing police, neighbors saw a car pull into a lot directly across from Christy's home shortly after her roommate left for work at 7 a.m. A man jumped out of the car and headed toward her door. Police theorized at the time that Christy either knew the man, or opened the door expecting to see someone else, when he forced his way inside. No one saw the man leave.

Witnesses described the vehicle as a 1984 to 1991 Dodge Daytona or Turismo hatchback, the article noted. It was faded silver, dull gray or faded white in color. The vehicle's distinguishing features included roll-up head lamps and black louvers, or sunshades, on the back window. Police described the man as white, in his 20s, tall with an athletic build and sandy blond or light brown hair, possibly in a crew cut.

It appeared that Christy had put up a struggle. A 1993 Sunday News story citing unnamed sources close to the investigation noted that Christmas packages, bags and cushions had been thrown about; there was a slash in a sofa slipcover, though no furniture was overturned. There was a shoe scuff mark inside, on the top of the front door; scrapes on the entryway floor suggested that Christy might have been dragged, sources said. Her elbows and knees were badly bruised.

Previously published reports noted that a neighbor heard a single scream at 7:15 a.m. The killer left the townhouse with the door ajar, which allowed the principal to enter when he arrived looking for Christy shortly after 9 a.m.

Knew her killer

East Lampeter Township Police Lt. Renee Schuler, who heads the murder investigation, said the car and other information linked early on to the case are not being discounted.

But she and Lancaster County Detective Joseph Geesey provided little in the way of new information at an interview held at the District Attorney's Office last week. Although police initially proceeded under the assumption that Christy knew her killer, they won't rule out a random killing now.

But the family is convinced that Christy either knew the murderer, or opened the door to someone she was expecting that morning. There were no signs of forced entry to the townhouse, according to news reports.

Gathering to discuss Christy and the case in September was extraordinarily difficult for a family that has mourned with no closure for a decade. They've watched Christy's life be subjected to the microscope while the killer continues to elude police. Their heartwrenching loss was evidenced on the fatigued face of an ailing Mrs. Mirack, who sat close to her son, Vince T., on a sofa and looked to him, her daughter and husband, Vincent J., for support as she spoke.

The Miracks said Christy was adamant about safety, though they can't explain why she was so careful. Her father offered typical parental advice: keep the keys ready, take different routes home, don't park in the same place.

Recalling his years as a Lancaster nursing student, her brother, now 31, said he always rang the doorbell when he stopped by Christy's home and had to tell her several times who it was before she would let him in.

But last week Schuler and Geesey would only say that the killer is male. They wouldn't say whether there might have been more than one assailant. Dozens of men have been interviewed by authorities, though officials will not say specifically how many. Investigators said they are looking at specific individuals.

They would not comment on how many people have been exonerated by DNA or other evidence.

But three men who were considered suspects by police were absolved because DNA taken from semen did not match DNA found at the scene, county foresnic pathologist Dr. Wayne K. Ross said in a 1993 interview with the Lancaster New Era.

Sorry, had to make it into two postings due to length.

FBI involved again

The Mirack case received federal attention while Schuler participated in an intensive 11-week training course at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Va., in 1995. Upon her return, the killer's profile had not changed: one man, possibly 25 to 35 years old, who knew that about 7 a.m. Monday, Dec. 21, Christy would be alone getting ready for school in her townhouse.

The motive is still unclear. Geesey would not comment on the crime scene last week. Police remain quiet as to what weapons were used in the crime, and will not comment on information from sources early on that one instrument was a kitchen cutting board.

"She was beaten," Geesey said. "She was beaten in anger, but ... I don't think we should get into specifics."

The tips that inundated police in the weeks after the homicide slowed with the passage of time. These days, it can be a few months before there's a lead on the case. The most recent tip came in Dec. 2; investigators refused comment on the nature of that information.

Schuler said East Lampeter Township detective Joseph Edgell was assigned to assist on the case about 10 months ago. Geesey continues to work with the department, which is aided by local municipalities as well as state and federal law enforcement when the need arises.

The FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit working out of Quantico is assisting on the case and working on a profile of the killer.

It's not the first time for FBI assistance. In addition to Schuler's training, East Lampeter Township investigators sought federal input in 1993.

Later that year, in a Sunday News story, the murderer was described as someone who wouldn't stand out in a crowd. He was an observer, not the center of attention or the life of the party. He probably hadn't killed before but might have committed date rape, according to information based in part on an FBI profile.

He may have gone into a rage when Christy either rejected him or wouldn't stop resisting.

Who and why

For most of the past decade, it was Mrs. Mirack _ a native of Sunbury who moved to Shamokin as a child _ who kept in touch with police for updates on the investigation.

"She always felt like she was on the outside looking in," her son said.

Schuler wasn't sure when last she spoke with the Miracks; Christy's brother, who also lives in suburban Philadelphia, said his mother hadn't talked with Lancaster County officials in at least a year.

That was about the time Mrs. Mirack faced a third bout with cancer, breast cancer that eventually metastasized to her brain. Treatments to fight the disease wore her out, yet she clung to a dimming hope that Christy's killer would be caught.

Mrs. Mirack worked in several Shamokin-area garment factories and was last employed in Northumberland County's maintenance department. She was proud of college-educated Christy, whom the family called "Chrissy." Mother and daughter's relationship was a close one. Family said they were like sisters.

Faced with her own mortality, Mrs. Mirack _ a wife for 38 years, a mother for almost as many, and a grandmother _ straddled a fence between her love for them and the daughter and sister they'd mourned as a family for a decade. Not knowing the killer's identity had been torment upon heartbreak.

"Who? Who and why?" Mrs. Mirack asked through tears, noting that it had been years before she could really even talk about the murder. "Was she that terrible a person that they had to kill her?"

Christy, who had also been a part-time waitress at Conestoga Country Club and an assistant to a pharmacist at the Neffsville Pharmacy, knew hard work.

And she was determined to be a good teacher.

At 25, she was on her way. Her youth, enthusiasm and rapport with the children made her popular with students, parents and colleagues.

The night before the murder she finished wrapping the last of her Christmas presents for her class. Each child was to get a paperback book, "Miracles on Maple Hill," by children's author Virginia Sorensen. A candy cane topped each gift, and inside, she wrote: "Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a great 1993! Love, Miss Mirack."

Her mother bristled at critics who tarred her daughter with a brush long on judgment and short on compassion because she liked to have fun with her girlfriends at local night spots.

"She was a young kid in college," Mrs. Mirack said of Christy's years at Millersville University. "What do you expect?"

The family learned of Christy's four-year relationship with an older married man after the murder. It was but one thread in a rich, 25-year-old life filled with potential and built around teaching, friendship and family.

As Mrs. Mirack put it, "She was just an ordinary girl."

Family's doubts

Blame for the murder is the killer's alone. But finding the murderer has been no small task.

At an emotional September interview with the Miracks, the pain of Christy's death was fresh. Her family second-guessed themselves, worrying aloud that they should have pushed law enforcement harder. They wondered whether the case would have been solved long ago if they lived in Lancaster County.

"We did whatever they asked us to do," said Christy's brother, a sentiment that was affirmed by Geesey and Schuler. "We assumed they told us everything we needed to know."

"We didn't talk," Christy's father, 64, said. "We didn't say nothing to nobody."

The last thing they wanted to do was jeopardize the case.

Now, her father sees things differently. "Nice people finish last."

Alicia, 37, wonders whether the case was too much for local law enforcement. "I didn't get a feeling they were used to dealing with these things," she said.

Then the family learned of allegations of prosecutorial misconduct in the investigation and prosecution of Lisa Michelle Lambert, one of Laurie Show's convicted killers. Although a Lancaster County judge found no evidence to support those charges in a post-conviction hearing reaffirming Lambert's guilty verdict, it raised questions in the minds of the Mirack family.

"They had so many changes of hands down there," Christy's brother added. "Every time you talked to them, somebody different was handling the case."

Schuler, who has been involved in the investigation from the beginning, said she understands the frustrations and doubts of the Mirack family. But she assures them, and the public, that investigators have been diligent in gathering evidence and working to solve this crime.

"This case has been on every police officer's mind in this county ..." said Geesey, suggesting that it is one that police _ Schuler, in particular, because of her contact with Mrs. Mirack _ have taken personally.

Although investigators have changed _ people get older, move to new positions and retire, noted Schuler _ "that does not affect the continuity," Geesey said.

The Mirack case is one of the unsolved crimes the county is continuing to look into. Others include the 1975 stabbing of Lindy Biechler and the 1984 disappearance of Mary Ann Bagenstose.

Resolve lives on

Schuler said the Mirack case will remain open until it is solved. Investigators believe it can be solved.

But, Schuler added, "We need (the public's) help. We are not an island. We need phone calls and letters to continue."

Investigators stressed that no piece of information is too small or insignificant. Someone may want to come forward who didn't before; there may be others who want to change, or add to, information they supplied to police.

Mrs. Mirack's resolve to find Christy's killer lives on in her husband and surviving son and daughter.

"You don't think something like this will happen to you," she said during the interview in September, "and when it does, it's overwhelming."

Less than two months later, mother was buried alongside daughter at All Saints Cemetery in rural Elysburg.

hi every one tomrow monday will be janice pocketts 31st ann, since the day she went missing in july at the age of 8 in 1973

i pray that she is found, and that the horable person who did this is also found

im going to light a candle at nite for her

MysteryMomma said:
I can't find a link....it was a Dublin, CA girl, Eileen Mishaloff, I think I spelled her name wrong. She was an ice skater, she was walking I think home to or from the rink and she was never scene again. I was working in Dublin when this happened I can't even remember the year. I looked on www.missingkids.com and I couldn't find her missing poster. I think she was later thought to be a runaway and no one ever mentioned her again. She didn't take any of her stuff with her and she gave me the feeling that she wasn't a runaway................Does anyone else remember her? I still think about her.
Mystery Momma, Yes I know something about this case, I live in the area. Her name I believe is spelled Ilene Mischeloff. She was abducted walking between school/home and Dublin Iceland. She was never classified as a runaway. She is believed to be a victim of foul play. Her mother still holds candlelight vigils for her and her missing posters can still be found in a few storefronts in Dublin.
There was a murdering couple (James Daveggio & Michelle Michaud) just a couple of years ago that abducted and killed a Phillipino woman from Pleasanton walking on her way to work and dumped her body near Lake Tahoe. They grabbed her off the street and tortured her in their van. They are suspects in the disappearance of Ilene Mischeloff.:twocents:

I just had to mention Angie Housmann on this thread. Hers is the most disturbing child abduction / murder case I have ever known of in my entire life.

Angie was found dead a short distance from where I live in a nature preserve area. She had been molested and tortured for days before being tied to a tree naked and left in the forest alone in freezing temperatures. Her clothes were in a bag nearby. Police believe she had been kept and tortured for about a week and then left in the forest for about 3 days & nights afterwards before she died - which by that time had to be a blessing for her. My husband used to be in law enforcement and one of the LE who was called to the scene when she was found (by hunters) told my husband that the things that had been done to this little girl were so horrible they could never be talked about.

She was just a sweet little girl who wanted to be everyone's friend. PLEASE read this article about Angie and remember her. It is just so sad. Periodically the local news does an update feature talking with her poor mother. My heart breaks for her. The monster who did this has never been caught.

[snip]
St. Louis, MO -- On Nov. 18, 1993, Angie Housman, a trusting fourth-grader, vanished after getting off her school bus up the street from her home. Nine days after her disappearance, a deer hunter found her body in a wooded area. Angie had been tied to a tree and died slowly of exposure.
She had been raped and tortured.

Police are nowhere near solving the case.

Detectives have tracked down more than 300 leads in their fruitless investigation into Angie's death. "If you're looking for a bunch of frustrated policeman, this is the place to come," said St. Louis Sgt. Riley Hughes, who is heading the Major Case effort.

"This is the most frustrating case I've encountered in my 30 1/2 years as a policeman."

[snip]
"It's our feeling she got in a car on her own," Hughes said. "She was starved for affection.
She told people, `I want to be your friend.' She was a little more trusting than many kids."

Another Major Case squad investigator added: "We've learned that Angie would meet you two or three times and you were her friend. We've been told that she'd go up to people and say,
`Hi. My name is Angie. Are you my friend?'

<http://www.kgl900.com/html/body_angie.htm>

BethInAK said:
Tara Leigh Calico
http://www.abqtrib.com/archives/news03/091903_news_tara.shtml
her disappearance was rather simple but the polaroids found later were not...
http://home.earthlink.net/~jenbird/calico.html

Isnt that creepy? We were discussing this case in another thread.To find three pictures in three different areas of what appears to be her........chilling.
I think all too often we discount "white slavery" cases as being just too far fetched but clearly,imo,Tara was/is being kept alive somewhere.

I am sure this will get many of you up in arms, but one way to make sure we can always find our babies is tracking device, much like they use for people on house arrest. if we can use those leg brac. to keep track of them we could use them to track our kids if they come missing. also they have a device in cell phones that can be tracked i wish they could somehow put one in jewerly or something so we could track them if needed. tell me what you think. the worst thing i can think of is not knowing where or what happened to my son.

kat

KATKAT19691 said:
I am sure this will get many of you up in arms, but one way to make sure we can always find our babies is tracking device, much like they use for people on house arrest. if we can use those leg brac. to keep track of them we could use them to track our kids if they come missing. also they have a device in cell phones that can be tracked i wish they could somehow put one in jewerly or something so we could track them if needed. tell me what you think. the worst thing i can think of is not knowing where or what happened to my son.

kat
There is actually a PRODUCT they are working on that is embedded in the skin and works with a GPS system. NOT ready yet however. The ASIAN are working with "manipulating" skin with computer chips.

However scary this sounds with reference to "Revelations" in the BIBLE, I would rather put something in my kids skin than to wish I had NOT.

This case has bothered me for ages..its beyond creepy. I read that apparently the police siad at the time that they didnt believe the photos were Tara, but that her parents had an independent "ear matching" test done over here at Scotland Yard and they confirmed that it was indeed Tara. Also there was the v obvious clue of the Virginia Andrews book- which was apparently Taras favourite author..............This is too much of a coincidence. I wonder why they left them though? Is obviously not an accident. But then to have no other contact after that? Also read that the boy in the photos was believed to be Michael Henley- a boy missing at the time who has since be found dead. No other info on him though. It would be wonderful to think Tara was still alive.............

what if that book was left buy the kidnapers but she somehow when they werent looking got a hold of a pen and put down the number of where she was at im sure she heard them talking to people and im sure the kidnapers had to give out the number a few times u know like if they are calling a friend and they are like im at this place now this is the number. becuse there friends are most likely shaddy people and dont want them comming in and out of the house you know looks suspicus. didn the parents find a number but it was all scratched out i wonder if they used a magnifing glass to better see the numbers

Smile,
Appparently they DID call all possible combinatons of this phone number and none of them led to Tara. I think there were 30 something possible combinations.
I think you are right though- there are only 2 possible explanations for the number:
1) Tara somehow managed to write it as a way of tracking her.
2) The kidnappers wrote it as some kind of clue.

With either of these the number could be many things- a phone number, a code of a street name or address, a code of a persons name, some kind of message to Taras family, a message regarding her fate- perhaps a date...........The list just goes on and on!! I don't think that number is there by accident- WHATEVER it was meant to say, the message hasn't got through! On the other hand maybe its somekind of message to the abducters friends...some kind of secret code or something. Goodness knows, there are so many possible explanations, you could try and decifer this code forever.......

My personal view? I think the code is a message- a private message of some kind and that somebody, somewhere knows da*n well what it means, but has chosen not to say. Kidnappers don't have the time or inclination to make up complicated codes- I think this is something really obvious thats been overlooked. I think the photos themselves are also some kind of code- wasn't there a really weird one with her bound in gauze or something??

Interestingly I also found this link to missing boy Zack Bernhardt of a photo found of a boy bound and gagged which might be him.....Connected? Very possibly. Even if this photo isn't Zack, theres still a child bound and gagged.....

Heres the link http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/958923/detail.html

I'm gonna post this on Zacks thread as well.

emma l said:
This case has bothered me for ages..its beyond creepy. I read that apparently the police siad at the time that they didnt believe the photos were Tara, but that her parents had an independent "ear matching" test done over here at Scotland Yard and they confirmed that it was indeed Tara. Also there was the v obvious clue of the Virginia Andrews book- which was apparently Taras favourite author..............This is too much of a coincidence. I wonder why they left them though? Is obviously not an accident. But then to have no other contact after that? Also read that the boy in the photos was believed to be Michael Henley- a boy missing at the time who has since be found dead. No other info on him though. It would be wonderful to think Tara was still alive.............
Michael Henley was found in the same place he disappeared, hunting with his father or grandfather, I think. He died of exposure when he got lost. Took ten years or something to find him - must have been pretty lost.

I find it very interesting about the ear matching! I spent hours staring at the photo to try and see if both girls had the same type earlobe (attached or detached).

I recently had a long conversation with several friends about missing persons. I think it was right about the time that Lori Hacking was missing.

I hope this comes across well, and the story isn't viewed as totally insensitive. But you know how groups of good friends can get, hanging out with a couple of cocktails.

These are guys who grew up in the country, many working on farms, some now farmers themselves, some now businessmen, etc. I grew up in the city.

A couple of the men in the group started asking each other "if you wanted to make someone disappear forever, what would you do?" The overwhelming response was "I'd throw him in with the hogs".

Our resident hog farmer confirmed the fact that a pen of hungry pigs could make a person disappear pretty quickly, (insert Hannibal flashbacks here) and any "smart killer" would do just that. Horrifying, terrible thought, but one that made me wonder if some of the missing people in the world disappeared that way.

It also got me thinking, if there is a missing person in a farming community, do you suppose the local law enforcement even thinks to look around hog farms? Or question the farmers? Is it common knowledge? Being a city girl, I was pretty shocked and horrified, I knew hogs were mean, but damn!

My hog farming friend also told a story about another hog farmer that he knows (I do not know him) who was once approached by a wealty man who offered him big bucks to ignore any activity out by his barn late at night. The farmer refused, but my friend thinks that disposing of a body might have been the goal.

Brittany Beers lived within an hour of many pig farms. Seeing her name here in this thread reminded me of this conversation.

What is your opinion on this? Do you think it's something that should be looked into further, when people in rural areas go missing?

Could hog farmers all over the country be making cash by turning a blind eye?

Scary to think about, isn't it?

Bethinak,
I also spent hours looking at the ears and trying to work out whether it was Tara. Apparently the girl in the photos also had the same hair line as Tara and a scar on her leg from an accident she had as a child (I've spent hours looking for this and couldn't see it). i think its safe to to say it IS her..............too much of a coincidence otherwise.

Interestingly though I read that the police based the idea of the photo not being Tara on one simple fact- the girl in the photo has shaved legs, why would a kidnapper shave or allow an abducted girl to shave her legs?

I personally think its pretty self-explanatory.........You def would let the person shave their legs/wash/do their hair etc if you were keeping them for certain reasons........ I don't think i need to go into details...................
Apparently the girl in the photos was seen by witnesses on a beach shortly beore the photo was found. She was apparently surrounded by males and was being ordered around......but the police suspected it might have been staged...........Who knows? Its a pretty elaborate hoax.

sadiesue,

I think this is unfortunately a definite possibility............Weirdly I only thought about it for the first time when I saw that Hannibal lector film. I was watching it with my boyfriend and he wasn't suprised- he said that its a well known fact how vicious hogs are! Thinking about how often I read up on true crime, its unbelivable I never thought about it before really........

Its a truly horrible thought, but people will do a lot of things for money. You'd hope they'd draw the line where children are concerned, but most people have a price. People can be pretty cheap...........

As I was posting this I remembered about a case of missing womans DNA being found on a pig farm........heres the (RATHER GRUESOME- BE WARNED) link to the story
http://www.missingpeople.net/another_woman's_dna_found_at_pig_farm-sept_17,_2002.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back