Did Darlie Routier murder her precious sons? Part 2

Did Darlie Routier Murder Her Precious Sons ?

• Total voters
Agreed. I can understand not crying all the time simply because you become exhausted or it all becomes surreal. I could NEVER do what she did. I understand feeling powerless and wanting to do something to honor your child, but I don't feel this was appropriate. I have such a huge amount of respect for parents whom have lost their children and have started programs to help ensure the safety of other children. People like John Walsh.

Exactly, which in my mind, proves even more that Darlie did this and Darin helped cover it up. And then when he wanted to come clean he couldn't. SAD. Remember that woman who killed her two teenagers recently. Her husband went to see her in jail after it happened and told her, I don't want to hear anything you have to say, I just want you to know that I am divorcing you and want NOTHING to do with you ever again. NOW why didn't Darin do this....because he tried to help set the scene and clean up. JMHO

Yup. Apparently he's not visiting her very much anymore. I've seen some of his recent pics, he's moved on. So he should. He may have tried to cover it up for her, but he didn't kill those boys. The truth doesn't change and his story has never changed. Hers has.

Looking at this again, in a nutshell, her story is off right from the get go. She says she's sleeping downstairs because the baby woke her up turning in the crib, yet someone violently stabs two children to death mere feet away from her and she sleeps right through? Yeah right.

Looking at this again, in a nutshell, her story is off right from the get go. She says she's sleeping downstairs because the baby woke her up turning in the crib, yet someone violently stabs two children to death mere feet away from her and she sleeps right through? Yeah right.

Yep, that was just one of the many things that just didn't add up. She is guilty as sin!

I never understood why the dog didn't bark, either. Most dogs bark at strangers, I know mine do.

I never understood why the dog didn't bark, either. Most dogs bark at strangers, I know mine do.

My dogs go nuts with barking when someone they don't know enter our home. I can't imagine what my dogs would do if someone came into our home and tried to cause us harm. I'm sure our lab would try and kill them while the yorkie poo barked her head off.

The dog in the Routier home didn't bark because there wasn't a stranger in the house......just the same people the dog was used to being around.

My dogs go nuts with barking when someone they don't know enter our home. I can't imagine what my dogs would do if someone came into our home and tried to cause us harm. I'm sure our lab would try and kill them while the yorkie poo barked her head off.

The dog in the Routier home didn't bark because there wasn't a stranger in the house......just the same people the dog was used to being around.

It also shows premeditation. If Darlie "lost her cool" and just snapped on her kids, then the dog would have either attacked her or barked like crazy. So she just stabbed them quietly and deliberately while they slept.

Yeah! WooHoo...I can't write what I want to as I love WS and don't want to be banned.

Knowing what I know, and who I know in this town, I'll take a seat on that bench next to Wonders...:innocent:

It also shows premeditation. If Darlie "lost her cool" and just snapped on her kids, then the dog would have either attacked her or barked like crazy. So she just stabbed them quietly and deliberately while they slept.

agreed

Come on over PassTheMotrin and JenniferTx. I dusted the bench for all of you to join me.

People question whether Darin would have slept through an intruder's attack on his family, but the fact is he did.

He slept through it all, or so he says, but why would we expect Darlie or the children to be quieter?

:floorlaugh:

I just saw this after being away for awhile and I can't stop laughing....Questioning whether DARIN slept through this attack while upstairs....sorry laughing again....DARLIE slept through it right next to her and even while being "attacked" herself......

Are you kidding me??????

Just a thought....

this is my stomping ground too and in fact my parents owned the lot and the one next to it way way before it was a neighborhood. I drove out there with my mom to see for sure and mom said yep that was them. they sold them for 20K back in the early 80's or late 70's anyway, I just dont know what ever happened about that one finger print the defense claims does not match anyone even the kids??

Hey Dizzy,

Last I heard, they were not able to make a match with that fingerprint.

I love it when locals weigh in on this particular topic. :)

not a local but lived in Arlington up until 6 or 7 years ago. and not weighing in. lol just a shout out to texans

sadly, my answer is yes. i cant believe it's been 15 years. nothing new has surfaced. things have gotten quiet. darin has officially moved on. what does darlie think night after night in her cell? thoughts of what she could have done differently. does she wish she could take it all back because it was wrong or take it back because she was caught?
on one of the shows about the case it shows the juror who apologized to darlie for sentencing her. the reported sounded amazed that darlie forgave him. the feel was to be that she is a kind christian woman. i hope this doesn't offen anyone but here goes...lots of people in jail, especially on DR find God. to me, they find solace in the New Testiment because it states forgivness. i think it helps them ease their minds of their crimes. Jesus forgives them and all is well. not saying in every case. just i question darlie's faith at times. everyone says how sweet she is, how accepting and forgiving and kind. it can come off as phony. no one is that perfect. maybe it is because i believe if she truly found religion and faith i would expect she would want to unburden her soul and tell the truth and seek forgivness for her actions. like Karla Faye Tucker.
maybe im asking too much. she may be terrifed to die and cannot confess for fear she will be put to death quickly. most people dont want to die under any circumstance. i couldnt imagine the fear of dying knowing what could be waiting for me due to my actions. those were her sons. sometimes this case just hits you hard.
i consider myself very compassionate and understanding but i ponder if i can just offer it willy nilly to darlie unless she steps up and does the right thing. that makes ME feel like im a bad person. maybe that's why some people want to believe she is innocent. believing she's guilty just stirs up so many emotions. makes me ponder love, life, religion, death, sorrow and what is expected of me as a person. am i to forgive what is not mine to forgive. am i to be compassionate to someone who did not show compassion? is it a betrayal to her sons or is it the right thing to do?
was darlie a good person who just snapped from post partum and the mix of diet pills and rage and has deep internal remorse for her actions. or is she a dangerous sociopath who took revenge on her children? i wish i knew what she really felt inside. do people believe she is a continued threat to society and should be put to death for that reason or do they feel she should be put to death because she killed her sons? i struggle with the death penalty except in cases of Ted Bundy and heartless murderers who relish in others pain and am interested in others thoughts on it. if there is remorse its hard for me to want it but that is not my decision to make. i honestly dont know what emotion i will feel when she is executed but i assume it will be an overall sadness because this never should have happened. her sons should be alive. her mother shouldnt have to experience the anguish of what has happened. even though darlie kee can come off wrong she must feel genuine daily suffering. she loves her daughter and that is natural.
this is such a tragic case no matter what the circumstance.

Beautiful and well thought out post Erin. I'm glad you've joined WS, and look forward to reading more of your posts in the future :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back