GUILTY UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #8

TY songline.

I do agree the background is way too busy. But it is the Bumblebee Transformer, the "favorite toy".

Every now and then I change up the backgrounds. The next one I put on Ethan's will be easier on the eyes.

Thank you for doing that album.

This one tore me up. http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Ethan Stacy/3042494.jpg

It hurts to see Joe hurting so bad. I hope whatever happens in the case, that he doesn't go through anymore hell than he can handle mentally. I couldn't imagine going through what he is going through.

I come to Ethan's thread several times a day. I don't know what I'm looking for... in a way I think I'm looking for some GOOD news.

And I'm sorry that that will never happen.

Rosewhite, I come here every day also, I come to see Aja's thread, Ethan's thread and I guess I am looking for something as well. My heart breaks for this little boy. I cannot even imagine how I can be in the same species as those two animals.

I come to Ethan's thread several times a day. I don't know what I'm looking for... in a way I think I'm looking for some GOOD news.

And I'm sorry that that will never happen.

I come here everyday too. I think some of us come here for some sort of understanding of something so horrific and senseless. I know we'll never fully understand why this happened, how this happened, how a mother (though I hate to use that word for her) could have stood by and allowed this to happen. It's all so unimaginable to most of us, it's just hard to wrap your mind around. I've followed many cases on here (though normally as a lurker:), but this is one I just can't fully comprehend. For example, I feel like I have a good understanding what type of person Casey Anthony is and why she did what she did. It's horrible just the same, but I can go over all of the information and I get it. I don't get this. Was this just who these people were? Drugs? Mental Illness? Pure Evil? An explosive combination of two sick people, who wouldn't have done this on their own, but together they are deadly? A combination of all of the above? I think it's harder to understand too, when two people do something like this together. As we've seen with other cases, sometimes people snap. However, I don't think that is ever the case when two people are working together. So, if they did not "snap," why didn't NS or SS stop the other one at some point....most would stop someone who was hurting an innocent child, right? Even if they initially went along with it...why didn't one of them say, whoa...this is going too far! Did one of them say that to the other at some point and the other talked them into going further? How could this have happen and what happened? I think I want answers that will never come. I don't think any of us will ever fully understand, because human beings are incapable of thinking like monsters.

On the other side of things, if we could understand they psychology of these monsters, how this happened, see in hindsight the signs....maybe it will save some other child in the future.

I think I'm waiting for the medical report. I also want to know if the charges against either of the Sloops will change once it is completed. Then I want to know the court dates.

I think I'm waiting for the medical report. I also want to know if the charges against either of the Sloops will change once it is completed. Then I want to know the court dates.

~BBM it may be sealed like Sandra Cantu's was ya think? Too gruesome to release???

I think I am trying to make some sense out of this. And I am checking to make sure they, one or both, haven't found some way to wiggle out of the charges. :[

Honestly, I don't expect to ever be able to make sense of this horrific murder. But I can't talk about it to anyone I know and love, because then they would hurt too and I can't bear that. It keeps me up at night.

Ya'll here are the only ones I can "talk" to about it. It's like therapy, I suppose.

Honestly, I don't expect to ever be able to make sense of this horrific murder. But I can't talk about it to anyone I know and love, because then they would hurt too and I can't bear that. It keeps me up at night.

Ya'll here are the only ones I can "talk" to about it. It's like therapy, I suppose.

So true! Almost like a secret life. I never talk about details with anyone I know. I want to protect them from the horrible facts. When it's too much for me I take a break however it's always with me. I heart Websleuths.

My daughter saw the photos of Ethan and cried when I told her SS and NS killed him... he looks so much like her little boy; she didn't even know the details. That would tear her apart, too.

I come here everyday to give Ethan a hug and say a prayer that justice is served.

My daughter saw the photos of Ethan and cried when I told her SS and NS killed him... he looks so much like her little boy; she didn't even know the details. That would tear her apart, too.

I can't even show them his sweet pics. I'm sure the whole disgusting story will get plenty of publicity as it goes along. But I don't want to be the one who tells them. I just can't do it. Some (most) people just can't deal with this stuff. I'm struggling with this case and I've been around here for a while.

But I don't want to turn my back on it - or on Ethan. Some of us have to know or it won't ever be fixed. I couldn't bear to see this sweet little boy die in vain. Something positive has to come of it. Even if it's that those monsters didn't ever have a chance to harm his daughter or any children they may have had together in the future.

I come here everyday too. I think some of us come here for some sort of understanding of something so horrific and senseless. I know we'll never fully understand why this happened, how this happened, how a mother (though I hate to use that word for her) could have stood by and allowed this to happen. It's all so unimaginable to most of us, it's just hard to wrap your mind around. I've followed many cases on here (though normally as a lurker:), but this is one I just can't fully comprehend. For example, I feel like I have a good understanding what type of person Casey Anthony is and why she did what she did. It's horrible just the same, but I can go over all of the information and I get it. I don't get this. Was this just who these people were? Drugs? Mental Illness? Pure Evil? An explosive combination of two sick people, who wouldn't have done this on their own, but together they are deadly? A combination of all of the above? I think it's harder to understand too, when two people do something like this together. As we've seen with other cases, sometimes people snap. However, I don't think that is ever the case when two people are working together. So, if they did not "snap," why didn't NS or SS stop the other one at some point....most would stop someone who was hurting an innocent child, right? Even if they initially went along with it...why didn't one of them say, whoa...this is going too far! Did one of them say that to the other at some point and the other talked them into going further? How could this have happen and what happened? I think I want answers that will never come. I don't think any of us will ever fully understand, because human beings are incapable of thinking like monsters. On the other side of things, if we could understand they psychology of these monsters, how this happened, see in hindsight the signs....maybe it will save some other child in the future.

BBM
I think, at some point, Ethan stopped being "human" to them. He was just an object-a threat to their dream of what they felt was some kind of destiny to be together after being treated unjustly by life and their "ex's"!:furious:
SS stated that children could be replaced - but not her! Poor little Ethan stood in the way of their bliss! She had no motherly instincts like most women have. A normal mother would have laid down her life for her child rather than trade it for life with a man. Sadly, we are seeing this behavior in too many cases today! What has happened to these women who sacrifice their children? I am truly scared for the Ethan's, Shaniya's, Nevaeh's, Caylee's and Shelby's out there that we don't know about!
Lord-please watch over them tonight!:praying:

I think of Ethan constantly. This little guy has a piece of my heart. I hope that his daddy is able to find some measure of comfort and peace in the days ahead and that justice will not be too long in coming.

Oh, I know exactly what you mean...

I have so many real-life friends, people I have known and been close to for years, yet not one of them is interested in the type of cases we follow here at WS. And, like you, I wouldn't want to burden them with details of such a horrific crime as this.

I am so grateful to have all of you, my fellow Websleuth compassionate friends. Because, as difficult as it is for us to handle the details and the horror of what happened to Ethan, we realize someone has to.

If all of society, as a whole, turned a blind eye and deaf ear to the sights and sounds of all these children dying at the hands of adults, our 'civilization' would cease to be civilized. We need to understand, so that we can make needed changes. We owe it to these children, we owe it to Ethan. We owe it to the Ethan's that have yet to even be born.

I think one reason I keep coming back to Ethan's thread, even though I'm not expecting any 'new' news, is because I somehow don't want to leave Ethan all 'alone'. I think we feel that Ethan suffered so much while he was alone with those two monsters, we don't want his spirit to feel alone ever again.

I trust I am not alone when I promise that we will never forget.

Oh, I know exactly what you mean...

I have so many real-life friends, people I have known and been close to for years, yet not one of them is interested in the type of cases we follow here at WS. And, like you, I wouldn't want to burden them with details of such a horrific crime as this.

I am so grateful to have all of you, my fellow Websleuth compassionate friends. Because, as difficult as it is for us to handle the details and the horror of what happened to Ethan, we realize someone has to.

If all of society, as a whole, turned a blind eye and deaf ear to the sights and sounds of all these children dying at the hands of adults, our 'civilization' would cease to be civilized. We need to understand, so that we can make needed changes. We owe it to these children, we owe it to Ethan. We owe it to the Ethan's that have yet to even be born.

I think one reason I keep coming back to Ethan's thread, even though I'm not expecting any 'new' news, is because I somehow don't want to leave Ethan all 'alone'. I think we feel that Ethan suffered so much while he was alone with those two monsters, we don't want his spirit to feel alone ever again.

I trust I am not alone when I promise that we will never forget.

thank you for saying what I think & feel better than I ever could.

eta every time someone asks me why I do this to myself....cause I'm really emotional, guys, I cry an awful lot, and sometimes I wonder why, like just before I read your post, why my lil boy is sitting here reading a book and I am sitting here crying again over a little boy I never knew, but that's exactly why. someone should - and I dont want to leave ethan all alone.

eta again also when I read about shelby who the law was named for, I had to keep getting up and away from the articles to control myself. how do people do this crap to kids, how?

thank you for saying what I think & feel better than I ever could.

eta every time someone asks me why I do this to myself....cause I'm really emotional, guys, I cry an awful lot, and sometimes I wonder why, like just before I read your post, why my lil boy is sitting here reading a book and I am sitting here crying again over a little boy I never knew, but that's exactly why. someone should - and I dont want to leave ethan all alone.

eta again also when I read about shelby who the law was named for, I had to keep getting up and away from the articles to control myself. how do people do this crap to kids, how?

I was doing the same... and this was only four years ago. Most of the same people who had to deal with that case are now on this one too. I'm sure they never expected to see such brutality again in their careers, and yet here we are, with monsters who took it to another level, torturing that child even after death. Did you read the police statement about Shelby's stepmother in the link I posted? That gives us just a glimpse of how deeply this affected them.

Next court date is Friday, to assign them death-penalty qualified attorneys. I suspect we're going to hear more details, but I don't think we're going to hear it all. Either way, it's just going to get worse. :(

I cried for Ethan this morning when my 4 year old came to me and said her foot hurt. I looked at it and she had a tiny splinter. I tried to get it out but she was crying so hard (because she was afraid it was going to hurt) so I eventually stopped and put some ointment on it. I could barely stand her crying and it made me think of everything poor little Ethan had to go through. If something that small to a 4 year old is so scary, I can't even fathom the fear he had in his eyes and he held in his heart while those 2 monsters did what they did. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back