GUILTY UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #8

http://www.sltrib.com/news/1835956-155/sloop-death-degree-felony-nathan-aggravated

Stephanie Sloop — charged with murder in the 2010 death of her son — pleaded guilty Monday morning to first-degree felony aggravated murder and second-degree felony obstructing justice for the 2010 death of her 4-year-old son Ethan Stacy...

Second District Judge Thomas Kay Judge immediately sentenced Sloop to 20 years to life on the murder count and one to 15 years on the obstructing count. The judge ordered the prison terms to run concurrently.

Davis County Attorney Troy Rawlings said prosecutors will ask that the Board of Pardons keep Sloop, 31, in prison for natural life — meaning she would never be released.

It doesn't feel like justice was done on this one. I guess it may not have mattered what sentences they got and I may still have felt thus given how heinous the treatment to this little angel. Nut this certainly doesn't feel like justice.

It doesn't feel like justice was done on this one. I guess it may not have mattered what sentences they got and I may still have felt thus given how heinous the treatment to this little angel. Nut this certainly doesn't feel like justice.

Nope. There is no justice for what they did to Ethan. In my perfect scenario they could be beaten, tortured, burned, starved, overdosed, and then buried with their faces beaten with a hammer and dog food sprinkled on the graves. That would be enough in my scenario.

I hope the ones who loved Ethan can find peace. God bless them.

So, does this mean they're going to be in the general population? Watching tv, exercise, etc? I would like to know more about the prison they'll be living at.

No, this does not feel like justice to me either.

I went up to Powder Mountain with my girls just last week.
It was the day I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd child.
I did A LOT of thinking about Ethan as I imagined what my own 3rd child might be like.

Did Stephanie have those same thoughts when she was expecting Ethan?
Did she have hopes and dreams for what he might become?
Did she ever have any motherly feeling towards him? Or was it all an act.

I am forever grateful I do not understand how a mother could do this. :twocents:

I just don't feel true justice ever really would have been possible outside of the scenario AmandaReckonwith described above. I hope that Nathan and Stephanie see that little angel's face every time they close their eyes for the rest of their useless lives. I can only hope little Ethan is resting in peace and that his father is able to find some measure of peace here on earth.

:tears::anguish::tears:

I have not been able to follow this case. Starting with JonBenet Ramsey's murder, I have immersed myself in sites like this, but for some reason Ethan's story has been too much. Saw the plea and sentence in the Daily Mail. Thanks to all of y'all who have continued to update.

Nope. There is no justice for what they did to Ethan. In my perfect scenario they could be beaten, tortured, burned, starved, overdosed, and then buried with their faces beaten with a hammer and dog food sprinkled on the graves. That would be enough in my scenario.

I hope the ones who loved Ethan can find peace. God bless them.

I agree with everything you have said AmandaReckonwith. This case was and is absolutely horrific and I will never forget it. I have been repeatedly in tears reading the details of what happened. I don't understand how anybody could torture this angel little boy or any child. It is pure evil what they did and I sincerely hope that hell does exist.

R.I.P Ethan you will not be forgotten.

The Sloops won't be eligible for a parole hearing until 2055.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ont-get-parole-hearing-until-2055.html?pg=all

UTAH STATE PRISON — Nathan and Stephanie Sloop, the couple convicted of the horrific murder of the woman's 4-year-old son, Ethan Stacy, won't get their first parole hearings for 40 years.

Although each was convicted separately and given different sentences, the Utah Board of Pardons and Parole on Tuesday set the original parole hearings for both Sloops in May of 2055.

Stephanie Sloop will be 72 and Nathan Sloop will be 76 when they will have their first opportunity to ask for parole. There is no guarantee that either will be granted parole at that time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back