GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries, I've done it before too. ::hugs::

I wish we knew more. I wish media and the police would get their details straight!! Crappy reporting.

I've been perusing comments to articles, etc - the #1 complaint is how so much doesn't make sense, aka 'Crappy reporting'.

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=104&sid=2115731

There is not much here, but it is latest news at 6:15p cmt.

the friend left her 3 children behind? Now Im back to thinking its the bf. I wouldnt think friend would leave her own kids behind if all were going to run away. This county LE is kinda backwoodsy. JMO, I lived within 50 miles of Knoxs County most of my life. They need to get the big dogs in there.

Ok, I'll give this a shot. Herrmann's didn't show up for work or something alerted the co-worker to suspect something was wrong on Wednesday night. LE goes to the house and basically leaves after making no contact with the occupants. This bugs the co-worker and when Herrmann doesn't show up for work Thursday she know by now that something is really wrong. Goes to the house, breaks in, finds the mess and blood, calls LE who at this point takes this more seriously because of what the co-worker found. Truck is now missing and BF allows LE into the house which starts the ball rolling.

Sounds to me like everyone including the perp was in the house on Wednesday night. Leaves sometime after LE was there, with everyone in the truck to make a body dump (that really hurts to type) and abandons the truck at the college.

I completely agree, but I think the house was probably unsecured (due to whatever circumstance left the house in an 'unusual condition') and the coworker let herself in... IMO

Is it wrong that I am worried about Tanner (the dog)? No, of course not, I said to myself.

It's a bit strange that so many people (adults and children, plus a dog) are missing.

what is going on here?

who is doing/has done what to
whom
where
when
and why?

none of this makes freaking sense except the boyfriend of Tina! and normally I would be on his a$$ like white on rice!

nursehinkymeter=currently aimeda at = girl friend's associates

fwiw

OK - just passing time til LE gives another update...here's a timeline, pieced together with various articles that conflict w/ info, but I decided to just go with something to get the ball rolling.

--Wednesday
* @ 3:40 - b/f leaves for work
* @ 4:40 gets text mssg from Tina re: she fed Tanner the Min-Pin
* DQ co-worker reports Tina missing
* kids weren't reported to have missed school on Wed., so assuming they came home that afternoon
* later that nite, sheriff's deputy goes to the house - see (Tina's ?) truck - no response to knock on door
* After work b/f spend nite w/ friend

--Thursday
* kids miss school
* DQ co-worker goes to Tina's house - her truck is missing, but Stephanie's is there
* calls LE after seeing blood in house
* around noon, b/f's mom calls her son playing golf @ Urbana - tells him Tina's missing/there's a problem (he doesn't think much of it)
* b/f goes home - meets up w/ LE @ 17:30 on the back porch
* LE enters home - sees "unusual" conditions in house
* no one home - apparently the Min-Pin is missing too
* LE finds Tina's truck later that evening by the college

Don't know when Stephanie was reported missing.

Is it wrong that I am worried about Tanner (the dog)? No, of course not, I said to myself.

It's a bit strange that so many people (adults and children, plus a dog) are missing.

I am worried about Tanner the dog too! and it is a huge clue.. someone had to know him really to want to take him along! or there are other scenarios as well.. but the dog being missing as well and didn't run home for his kibble... well he is along for this ride as well

OK - just passing time til LE gives another update...here's a timeline, pieced together with various articles that conflict w/ info, but I decided to just go with something to get the ball rolling.

--Wednesday
* kids weren't reported to have missed school on Wed., so assuming they came home that afternoon
* later that nite, sheriff's deputy goes to the house - see (Tina's ?) truck - no response to knock on door

--Thursday
* kids miss school
* DQ co-worker goes to Tina's house - her truck is missing, but Stephanie's is there
* around noon, b/f's mom calls her son playing golf @ Urbana - tells him Tina's missing/there's a problem (he doesn't think much of it)

great time line..

bbm.. so a mom of three is not reported missing independantly of this other missing report? very hinky.. very interesting

if any investigative reporters exist in this area where I grew up I hope to God they can put on their big girl panties or big boy briefs and get out there and figure these details out already! Come on!

The article I just posted from http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/10/11/12/fbi-bcii-called-in-to-assist-in-missing-persons-case includes more information about the condition of the house.

Greg's uncle states Greg and Tina were engaged, and Greg was playing golf in Springfield, which is 20 miles south of Urbana. I don't know if the uncle received information second hand or spoke directly with Greg. If it's the latter, Greg's story sure seems to keep changing.

welcome C. hound! so glad you are here!!!! welcome to websleuths!

--Wednesday

--Thursday
* kids miss school

Thank you!
I wonder what prompted the co-worker to report Tina missing on Wednesday... yet, Tina's kids were in school on Wednesday... Did Tina not show up for work? I wonder what time Tina was reported missing (on Wednesday)... Oh, and I also wonder if it was the same co-worker who reported her missing on Wednesday and Thursday? So many unanswered questions... I hope and pray they are all found safe and sound!

The timeline, according to Knox County Sheriff David Barber, began Wednesday evening when Tina Herrmann did not show up for work at Dairy Queen. The manager called the sheriff’s office to report her missing. The deputy checked out the house and found nothing amiss.

“Her Ford pickup truck was in the driveway and no one answered the door,” Barber said. “There were no signs of anything out of place. The deputy came back later in the evening to check again. There were lights lit and the truck was still there.”

Herrmann did not show up for work again on Thursday so the Dairy Queen manager went out to the house to check.

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/10/11/12/fbi-bcii-called-in-to-assist-in-missing-persons-case

too many colors... sorry

The article I just posted from http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/10/11/12/fbi-bcii-called-in-to-assist-in-missing-persons-case includes more information about the condition of the house.

Greg's uncle states Greg and Tina were engaged, and Greg was playing golf in Springfield, which is 20 miles south of Urbana. I don't know if the uncle received information second hand or spoke directly with Greg. If it's the latter, Greg's story sure seems to keep changing.

Thank you and welcome to WS!

“He had permission to enter the house and he did,” Barber said. “He saw blood in a couple of areas of the house, backed off and called the sheriff’s office. We have been out here ever since. There is blood in the house and some signs of an injury.”

Although Barber would not elaborate on exactly what he meant about there being signs of an injury other than the blood, he did say there were no signs of a struggle. He said while the amount of blood was significant it was not spattered.

He said it was impossible to tell if the blood found in the house was from more than one person.

“That’s why we have the BCI&I investigating,” Barber explained. “They will be able to test it and tell. There was some blood that is an unusual amount. But the house did not appear to be ransacked and there were no signs of there being a wild party or anything like that.”

What Barber could confirm was that the four people are indeed missing.

“What I can tell you now is we know Tina Herrmann is unaccounted for; that is a missing person. Her two children, Sarah Maynard, 13, and Kody Maynard, 10, and Stephanie Sprang are also unaccounted for.

“Late [Thursday] evening Tina’s Ford F150 pickup truck, which had been in the driveway when deputies were here on Wednesday, was recovered near Kenyon College. It was not on the Kenyon campus. It was outside the village of Gambier. The truck is now being processed by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification.”

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/10/11/12/fbi-bcii-called-in-to-assist-in-missing-persons-case

Thanks and welcome to WS. It appears LE is pulling out all stops on this case.

(snipped from your link)
Barber said the KCSO is being assisted by the Ohio State Highway Patrol which used Forward Looking Infrared scanners to check the immediate area. BCI&I and the FBI were called in to assist with retrieving any possible text messages between Borders and Herrmann and the possibility of the case involving a kidnapping, Barber said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26