GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borders says he finished his shift 4 p.m. Wednesday and spent the night with a friend. He was playing golf on Thursday when his mother called and said something was wrong with Herrmann.

He didn't think much of it, until he returned to the house in Howard after 5:30 p.m. and found authorities there.

He gave officers permission to search the house and didn't go inside himself. He said a deputy took a few steps into the home and said he saw a considerable mess inside.

"I think something bad happened, something happened inside the house," Borders said. "It's not like Tina or me to leave the house unsecured."

It wasn't clear if the house was unlocked when authorities arrived Thursday.

Barber told WBNS-TV that when Herrmann's co-worker came to the home, she went in and "saw some things out of place." The children's father, Larry Maynard, told the station he talked to the co-worker.

"She went into the home, and when she went into the home, from my understanding, that she seen some blood in the home. And at that point she turned around and left," Maynard said.

Authorities didn't immediately return phone calls seeking comment and Borders said he hadn't heard anything about blood being found.

http://www.wivb.com/dpps/news/nation/midwest/4-missing-from-ohio-home-nt10-tvw_3646027

crocus... where were you seeing that little dog Tanner was missing as well??? I didn't see that part in the article but I will go back and look

eta... nevermind! I see it now! pass the mountaindew woof!

snip

Borders said Herrmann texted him on his way to work at a distribution center about 80 miles away in West Jefferson about 4:40 a.m. Wednesday to let him know that she'd fed the dog. He said the dog, a miniature pinscher named Tanner, was also missing.

Maybe not, raeann. Not sure how the police do things there for missing persons cases, but for adults missing, they may not have begun anything for 24 hours. Given that it was her children that were gone with her, and their relationship had ended, the police may have been waiting the customary time to see if she had returned or contacted the boyfriend before investigating.

This is assuming, of course, that Wednesday is even correct, since we're not sure which side is up with the reporting.

UPDATE: ADVISORY ISSUED FOR MISSING SIBLINGS

KNOX COUNTY, Ohio -- Four people are missing in Knox County, including two children. Local authorities issued a statewide advisory for 13-year-old Sarah Maynard and 11-year-old Kody Maynard. They may be with their mother Tina Sherrmann and her friend, Stephanie Sprang.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/
Police kept a vigil at what's being called a crime scene at a home on King Beach Drive in Howard Township. Authorities have searched the home, but are not revealing their findings except to say that it looked to be in an unusual condition.

nursebeeme: Seems we are both on top of the news for these missing 4 people!

:couch:
It's an honor - nursebeeme has beaten me to roughly 9,000 breaking news links on the
Sandra Cantu and Pat Kimmi threads, and this one too.

LOLOL... no way!

further eta: I always try to stay on top of media because if I were to allow myself to speculate too much I would be in the time out chair ALL THE TIME LOL (plus I cuss like a trucker... no offense to truckers of course)

Hopefully we'll have some locals who can tell us what's on tv news -- direct quotes from the sheriff.

I'll be in class tonight, so I won't be able to see what they put on the 6 o'clock news. I'll try to catch the 11 o'clock and transcribe what LE says directly.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/7291984.html

snip

The sheriff says Herrmann's co-worker reported her missing Wednesday. A sheriff's deputy went to her home in Howard twice Wednesday night and found lights on and a pickup truck in the driveway, but no one answered the door.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Is the Sheriff changing his story or is the media putting quotes in peoples mouths or what? Absolutely frustrating.

woof - gotta anymore Mountain Dew??...the coffee is *not* helping - this reporting is just nuts!

woof - gotta anymore Mountain Dew??...the coffee is *not* helping - this reporting is just nuts!

Down to my last swallow on bottle #2 - raining cats & dogs here but may have to make
a mad ice house dash here shortly. Still confused!

well - at least that reported tweeted both "cars" are found.

soooooooooooo - where are they? they're not in Tina's or Stephanie's trucks.

Trying to figure out why they would drive to the college & ditch the truck if the women ran off w/ the kids....and none of that explains the violent scene/possibly blood in the house.

And why would someone take all 4 of them? So puzzling.

Not to mention - who reported Stephanie missing & when? doesn't she have a young child?

so if these two women left on their own.... why didn't they take ALL the children.. meaning the three children from the friend????

have they pinged the cell phone that sent the "fed the dog" text? I hope so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$