Identified! AZ - Phoenix, UID Female, 11-18, 48UFAZ, May 1992 - Shannon Aumock

wow her feet are VERY small that could be a clue a size 4.5 is small so, I think this would put her on the younger age sepctrum
If this woman/girl were wearing a size 9 jean with a 32B bra size...4.5 shoe size is either a mistake or a VERY distinguishing characteristic. Her feet are out of proportion to her body.

Where is Arzizon???

Obviously its a typo-Arizona. These things happen sometimes. I simply used my sleuthing skills to figure it out like the others I guess.

Yes, it was a typo. Thank You Rhino ;) The glasses really stood out to me on this unidentified. Thats strange they didnt list the glasses on The doe network . The glasses were big, and had pink frames. They should add that info.
This missing girl stood out to me, but shes too young and her glasses are the wrong color, and she only went missing days before the unidentified was found in the same city.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/632dfaz.html

That one looks close. Here's some more info I found.

Maria de Los Angeles Martinez - Phoenix Arizona
Maria Martinez was 17 years old when she decided she wanted to earn some extra money. So, she advertised over a local radio station in Phoenix for a babysitting job. A man responded to her ad, came to pick her up one morning, and she has not been seen since. Not long after the man picked her up, she made a nervous telephone call to her parents asking them to come and get her, but before she could give them an address, the telephone was disconnected. (7)
http://www.hqcc.lawrence.ks.us/parents/safety/teen_safety.html

That one looks close. Here's some more info I found.

Maria de Los Angeles Martinez - Phoenix Arizona
Maria Martinez was 17 years old when she decided she wanted to earn some extra money. So, she advertised over a local radio station in Phoenix for a babysitting job. A man responded to her ad, came to pick her up one morning, and she has not been seen since. Not long after the man picked her up, she made a nervous telephone call to her parents asking them to come and get her, but before she could give them an address, the telephone was disconnected. (7)
http://www.hqcc.lawrence.ks.us/parents/safety/teen_safety.html

Does anyone here want to send in this possible match? I am afraid that I would not follow up on it because work has me very busy right now.

I can do it....I just don't know how....I've only observed from afar. If someone dosn't mind walking me through it or telling me how to do it, I will gladly do so.

I just sent an email to the investigator on the unidentified case and I will call the 1-800 number for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. I also called the CFMEC and gave them the info on Jane Doe.

I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in on this, but if she were MY daughter, I wouldn't want anyone to waste a single second in attempting to identify her.

I agree. I have two toddlers and only a cell phone to use at the moment. So thank you so much.

I was not expecting such a quick reply, but here it is:

Thank you for your inquiry. Our case was already ruled OUT as being Maria Martinez.
We'll keep trying though!

Suzi Dodt

Wow, thanks Anita for submitting it and for posting the reply.

Anyone have additional thoughts on who this could be?

Wow.....I was hoping it was her! The circumstances of which she disappeared under were scary to say the least...I'm sure her family would love closure.

wow her feet are VERY small that could be a clue a size 4.5 is small so, I think this would put her on the younger age sepctrum

I have all the same measurements and sizes as this young lady and I wear a size 4 shoe (I am 24) so it doesn't seem too unreasonable. I just wanted to say this so that when you were sleuthing, it didn't get in your way too much.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0307abrk-coldcase0307.html

Zach Fowle
The Arizona Republic
Mar. 7, 2008 03:22 PM

coldcase0307-autosized258.jpg

Cold case detectives are asking the public for help in identifying a girl who was found dead in the desert almost 16 years ago.

Police have no leads and don't even know who she is. Detectives recently released a sketch of the girl in the hopes that someone would come forward to identify her.

"This girl has gone unidentified for almost 16 years, and that is way too long," said Det. Barry Giesemann at a press conference Friday.

Giesemann, a cold case homicide detective, said the girl was killed and left in an area of the desert near Deer Valley Road near 26th Street. She went undiscovered for weeks before police found her decomposed body on May 28, 1992.

"They basically left her in the desert the same way you would leave a discarded tree limb," Giesemann said.

Giesemann said the girl was about 15-17 years old and had brown hair. She was found wearing black jeans with lace at the bottom of the pant legs, blue socks, and a brightly colored floral print shirt, according to the Maricopa County Unidentified Persons Bureau.

The girl also had interesting dental features: she still had some of her baby teeth with no permanent teeth underneath, Giesemann said.

Giesemann said investigators' biggest hope is that the girl's parents may come forward to identify her.

"Most parents would go to the ends of the earth for their child. We are just hoping we can find this girl's parents," Giesemann said.

Simply knowing the girl's identity would be a big break in the case and would allow police to greatly expand their investigation, Giesemann said.

Anyone with information about the girl's identity or the circumstances of her death is asked to call the Phoenix police violent crimes bureau at 602-262-6141 or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back