Identified! AZ - Phoenix, UID Female, 11-18, 48UFAZ, May 1992 - Shannon Aumock

I don't know if she's been ruled out or not, but I thought I'd put it out there.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/myers_brandy.html

Brandy went missing only two days before the Jane Doe was found, and the height/weight are a little off, but I checked Google maps and the places where Brandy disappeared and where the body was found is a straight shot up N. Cave Creek Road.

Checked and ruled out right away. Not that it isn't a good match.

Yes Outofthedark, the Doe Network lists her as located.
April Ann Repka
April Repka disappeared from Victoria, Texas on June 17, 1991. Her skeletal remains were located in Jim Wells County, TX in 2004. She was identified through DNA and dental records in December 2007.

It's great to see this is being added to Americas Most Wanted. I wish they had added when it would be aired :(
Thanks for the link!

Thank you Juelssleuther. I hope you don't mind that I changed formatting of rule out list to make it easier to read.

RULE OUTS PER NAMUS:
Brandy Myers
Greta Fornier
Eileen Nam
(unk first name) Misheloff * I believe this to be Ilene Misheloff
Sherry Daugherty
Amanda Slaughter
jody Ledkins
Maria de los Angeles Martinez
Rebecca West

Maz

:cow:

I was looking for possibles for this UID, and came across Amanda Marie Rivera
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rivera_amanda.html

DoeNet UID Link: http://doenetwork.org/cases/48ufaz.html
NamUs UID Link: https://identifyus.org/cases/840

coldcase0307-autosized258.jpg
rivera_amanda.jpg

This is a long-shot. I am going mainly on facial resemblance. The height and age are good, and the time-line is slightly long.

Nothing to connect her to the clothes or eyeglasses. Nothing on her dental characteristics. She is listed as Hispanic, but she is light-complexioned enough to perhaps be confused for Caucasian.

The UID is in CODIS, but nothing to indicate that AMR is in CODIS.

I see that WS member fmw63 brought her up in passing, but it doesn't appear that anything was done on it.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ- unidentified found 5/27/1992

She is not on any rule-out lists that I have seen. BTW, here are the rule-outs (All but L Julian were listed in the NamUs Circumstances Section):

Brandy Myers
Greta Fornier
Eileen Nam
Ilene Misheloff
Sherry Daugherty
Amanda Slaughter
Jody Ledkins
Rebecca West
Lori Julian

Here's a question - Doe was discovered in Arizona in May wearing a long sleeved shirt and long pants. Does this seem odd to anyone? I'm not from that area, but I've spent some time in New Mexico in April and was uncomfortably hot in shorts and a t-shirt.

Could this indicate that the girl was a runaway from a somewhat cooler climate?

Some other things that struck me - her eyeglass case was found with her as well. I wore glasses for years before switching to contacts and I don't think I ever carried a case with me unless I was traveling. Especially thick lenses like hers - why would she need to take them off unless she was planning on being somewhere where she might eventually be sleeping? Could they have been just one of many belongings she was traveling with that were accidentally dumped with her?

Another thing is that it was mentioned that she was missing some permanent teeth. I looked into this a bit more and found that it's not incredibly rare, but something that would definitely have been noticed in x-rays by her age. It can exist without a systemic cause and simply be genetic, or it can be an indication of other developmental issues.

Very good points. By May, it is way too hot for long sleeve shirt and pants in AZ. The information states that she may have been there about eight weeks prior--that would fit with the long sleeve clothes. Back at the time she was found, this area of Phoenix was considered uninhabited desert. It is all built up now--housing developments everywhere, but back then it was not . It is not too far off I-17, which is the main route from Phoenix to Flagstaff (which has cooler temps). Perhaps she was with a trucker and then dumped here on his way to or from Flagstaff?

Edit: Actually this is further east on Deer Valley than I remembered, and this area is somewhat "out of the way", which means that likely the person who dumped her was from this area. At that time, Rt 101 was not built yet, so the person would have taken Cave Creek Rd (which is a local residential street) to get to this area of Deer Valley. I believe that this is right up against a small mountain. The maps you see today would be very different from the maps back then. I did not live here in 92 however, is there someone local Phoenix that can give a more definitive idea of what this area was like?

Here's a question - Doe was discovered in Arizona in May wearing a long sleeved shirt and long pants. Does this seem odd to anyone? I'm not from that area, but I've spent some time in New Mexico in April and was uncomfortably hot in shorts and a t-shirt.

Could this indicate that the girl was a runaway from a somewhat cooler climate?

Some other things that struck me - her eyeglass case was found with her as well. I wore glasses for years before switching to contacts and I don't think I ever carried a case with me unless I was traveling. Especially thick lenses like hers - why would she need to take them off unless she was planning on being somewhere where she might eventually be sleeping? Could they have been just one of many belongings she was traveling with that were accidentally dumped with her?

Another thing is that it was mentioned that she was missing some permanent teeth. I looked into this a bit more and found that it's not incredibly rare, but something that would definitely have been noticed in x-rays by her age. It can exist without a systemic cause and simply be genetic, or it can be an indication of other developmental issues.

Thanks for the reply, Julessleuther.

I think this case is sticking with me because I would have been close to the Doe's age when she was found (I was 11 in 1992) and the outfit she was found in sound EXACTLY like something I would have worn. I can picture those pants in particular in my mind and the bow in her hair was extremely popular during those years. I grew up on the East Coast, but I'm sure they were sort of universal fashions at the time. Her clothing sounds solidly middle class - it was the kind of stuff that the kids on Saved by the Bell and 90210 were wearing.

The eyeglass case is really bothering me, as is the fact that the lack of adult teeth seems like such a distinguishing factor and yet she hasn't been identified. I'm new to the boards but I think I'm going to be sticking around and looking at these cases quite a bit!

Very good points. By May, it is way too hot for long sleeve shirt and pants in AZ. The information states that she may have been there about eight weeks prior--that would fit with the long sleeve clothes. Back at the time she was found, this area of Phoenix was considered uninhabited desert. It is all built up now--housing developments everywhere, but back then it was not . It is not too far off I-17, which is the main route from Phoenix to Flagstaff (which has cooler temps). Perhaps she was with a trucker and then dumped here on his way to or from Flagstaff?

Edit: Actually this is further east on Deer Valley than I remembered, and this area is somewhat "out of the way", which means that likely the person who dumped her was from this area. At that time, Rt 101 was not built yet, so the person would have taken Cave Creek Rd (which is a local residential street) to get to this area of Deer Valley. I believe that this is right up against a small mountain. The maps you see today would be very different from the maps back then. I did not live here in 92 however, is there someone local Phoenix that can give a more definitive idea of what this area was like?

Hi Julessleuther. I did a check of Phoenix weather history at http://www.wunderground.com/US/AZ/Phoenix.html

for may of 1992. I also backed it up a few months. Her clothing wouldn't be entirely inappropriate for that time frame. IMHO.

For several reasons as you outlined above too.

1. Backing the date up to 01 May 1992 it wouldn't be unreasonable to be wearing that type of clothing in the evening or early morning hours. JMHO. Backing it up 8 weeks from date of discovery and forward to 01 May 92 makes it even more so.

2. In the desert there is less humidity (speaking from the viewpoint of a desert rat here) and that makes the ambient temp seem a lot lower than it really is, but Phoenix is at a much lower elevation that we are here so that might make it feel warmer respectively.

3. Once someone is acclimated (my personal experience) we are chilled at a much lower temp. My kids included. For example: If it dips below the mid 80's we need a sweater or hoodie. It is not uncommon for children here (I do concede the point that in this city in the desert we are at a higher elevation and a different desert), to dress warmly at temps that back east would be considered too warm for the clothes.

IMHO I don't find her clothes choice odd for that time of year given the parameters of Far West Texas and onward to Southern California as a possible location she came from before being found where she was.

I have nothing of value to add to this thread other than the observations above. Keep up the good work! :)

All of the above is JMHO.

Agreed, Kat. And it says it ETOD can go back even as far as 5 months, but no more than 6. So this body could have been dumped in December.

http://www.saftonline.org/saft/True/niki+lee.aspx

http://cgi.ebay.ph/VIBRANTLY-PINK-SHEER-LINED-NIKI-LEE-CALIFORNIA-DRESS-M-/150422791807

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vtg-80s-Denim-High-Waisted-Scooter-shorts-S-CUTE-/270582093857

Trying to find the NIKI-LEE Brand there is not a lot out there. Was this a high-end label? NIKI-LEE of California appears to be manufactured in the 70's and 80's in Sri-Lanka. This is ALL I can find. Since this line was from the 70's and 80's and this girl was found in 1992, I'm guessing the clothes were possibly second-hand.

Just noting that the AMW link says as young as 11 YOA, where the others say 15-17.

Using the remains that were found, a forensic artist developed a composite sketch of the victim. A forensic scientist determined that the young Doe is believed to be Caucasian and was between 11 and 18 years old at the time of death. Recently, cops entered the victim's DNA into a national database but, so far, there have been no matches.

I'[m new to the boards but I think I'm going to be sticking around and looking at these cases quite a bit.

Welcome to Websleuths pjclover. I will be looking forward to your insight, as you have made some pretty good points in your first few posts.

Agreed, Kat. And it says it ETOD can go back even as far as 5 months, but no more than 6. So this body could have been dumped in December.

Thank you Billylee.

Another thing I thought of is that this child may very well have been from the other side of the border.

She may have been an undocumented citizen or the child of undocumented citizens and they were afraid to report her missing because of their status.

She may have traveled on her own across the border at some point in time prior to her murder and met with the wrong person.

Given that so much time has passed I wonder about the above scenarios.
:)Although she is not identified as Causasian of Hispanic descent that is a relatively new designation and may not have been used at that point in time. I dont' know.

It's good to keep those young ladies open as an option as I have seen done here on this thread :)

I was looking for possibles for this UID, and came across Amanda Marie Rivera
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rivera_amanda.html

DoeNet UID Link: http://doenetwork.org/cases/48ufaz.html
NamUs UID Link: https://identifyus.org/cases/840

coldcase0307-autosized258.jpg
rivera_amanda.jpg

This is a long-shot. I am going mainly on facial resemblance. The height and age are good, and the time-line is slightly long.

Nothing to connect her to the clothes or eyeglasses. Nothing on her dental characteristics. She is listed as Hispanic, but she is light-complexioned enough to perhaps be confused for Caucasian.

The UID is in CODIS, but nothing to indicate that AMR is in CODIS.

I see that WS member fmw63 brought her up in passing, but it doesn't appear that anything was done on it.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ- unidentified found 5/27/1992

She is not on any rule-out lists that I have seen. BTW, here are the rule-outs (All but L Julian were listed in the NamUs Circumstances Section):

Brandy Myers
Greta Fornier
Eileen Nam
Ilene Misheloff
Sherry Daugherty
Amanda Slaughter
Jody Ledkins
Rebecca West
Lori Julian

I think Amanda would be worth submitting. I think the time line fits as well, since they say it ETOD could go back as far as 5 months. Sounds like Amanda probably ran away from home, wish there was more on her. Also, the California connection makes sense with her clothes.

This page shows a better picture of her and it does show she has a mole on her face, I guess that would have been noted on Namus, but maybe that part of the JD's face was deteriorated?

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Also, I am not sure I'm following what's going on with this JD's teeth. Are they saying she didn't have any "eye teeth", isn't that a bicuspid? Or are they saying her baby teeth are still there and the adult bicuspids haven't come in yet?
It says missing.
Can anyone explain that for me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500