Baez files motion to keep KC out of court -

LOL Debs~ Good one!

I think to file such a motion after the Judge's decision was made...isn't going to make him very happy. I want to see JB admonished yet another time by Judge Strickland. Maybe this time the Judge can smack him on the forehead like they do in the V-8 commercials for added effect. hehehe

OT: Hey...that is a route that JB hasn't thought of yet to make money for Casey! Product placement for the hearings and the trial!

JB...could you raise your sleeve a bit more to show off the watch to the camera? Is that a Pepsi I see on the defense table? Is Casey wearing the latest red nail polish from Revlon?

Cay could be a new personality developping.

She's adding to the Zenaida group of personalities.

Cay must be the one that wears those teacher glasses and white blouses.

ROTFLMAO (after spitting wine all over my monitor!)...That is a good one!

Has anyone seen the new Showtime series "The United States of Tara". It is about a mother & wife (Toni Collette) who has four different personalities. Her husband is played by Jon Corbett. It is so funny.

I have been reading for months, but haven't posted much. Last night I read the thread about being addicted to Websleuths and it really cracked me up.

I am in awe of the fact that FAMU Law school in Orlando has actually hired JB to teach! The Tallahassee Democrat has a story about Florida A & M University planning millions in budget cuts. I suggested that JB be one of the first to let go. I can not believe that the article stated that he was using FAMU students to assist with KC's defense!

Great post NancyB...and isn't this just how a narcisist/sociopath would argue? Argue each little bit of minutae, not the murdered baby.

I would wager a new snow shovel that this is exactly how Casey argued with her parents all those years..no wonder I throw socks at the TV when the defense attornies are spewing their nonsense! :rolleyes:

Exactly! And if the minutiae is about Casey, then it's actually a really BIG DEAL and just as important as Judge Strickland's Order and the actual purpose of the hearing. Where on earth does the desire not to have the media comment on your appearance warrant a legal motion?? Only in Casey Land.

I personally could care less about her appearance..(I'll admit I was curious when talk began about possibly being Preg.) I don't believe Casey has ever had to own up to or face the consequences of anything she's ever done. I think if she had, then little Caylee would still be here.
I want her sitting there through the whole process so she see's just how much Caylee's life mattered..To be held accountable for all the many lives she has destroyed. It makes me totally sick when anyone comments how attractive she is...I just don't see it personally and throw up alittle every time it's said. I only see evil when I look at her, it's all around her and its obvious when we see what has happened to everyone who gets involved with this case...

At least Nejame saw the need to sprinkle Holy Water early on and got the he!! out..It is going to take no less than the Pope himself and a mass exorcism to clear the crowd when this is over.JMO

Someone needs to take JB aside and tell him the story of the boy who cried wolf, or the one about Mathilda. Very slowly. So he gets it.

Does anyone eles think Baez may be convincing her that she should stay away from court so she doesn't see him in action?

Yes, that thought has crossed my mind.

Does she get to see any or all of the Motions that JB files with the court? If so, that in itself should give her a clue as to his competence.

Yes, that thought has crossed my mind.

Does she get to see any or all of the Motions that JB files with the court? If so, that in itself should give her a clue as to his competence.

Interesting idea, considering his motion to bounce prosecutors is based on attempted interferance with Casey's 6th amendment right to counsel of her choice.

It must be pretty ignominious to get fired before the case goes to trial, or if you are counting on contingent funds from a media deal-- especially if Casey is your client.

As entertaining as CAY pulling a Ted Bundy and representing herself would be, she apparently doesn't like leaving her cell. I guess she needs practice getting used to it anyways...

These are all valid points, most of which I hadn't thought of, particularly her inability to fake an emotion other than annoyance for very long.

I never thought she was pregnant (although it was certainly possible), but she HAD gained weight. And I think THAT is the crux of it (personally, I think she looks better with the extra weight). She thought she'd have more time to get back in shape and certainly she needed more time to apply more makeup.

Like everyone else, I'm befuddled as to the exhibit attached to the motion. Huh? It simply stated the FACTS of what she looked like, not unsubstantiated rumors. He's trying to make it seem like it's about the shackles and uniform, but IMO this is all about vanity.

You know the more I think about this, I wonder if one major reason she doesn't want to come out of her "room" and go to court is her parents - either one or both - could be there. If they know she is coming, they certainy can go, and somewhere I heard Casey was the one saying no visits between her and her folks over George appearing before GJ and with Cindy for not stopping him.

Now, just going to court with her parents in the courtroom doesn't mean that they will have contact, but, with the dynamics in this family, maybe just having her mother look at her is upsetting to Casey.

she isn't a big fan of the Judge either....remember he called her out on her lies.....that is a big huge NO-NO in aland.......HUGE NO-NO....:waitasec: I guess the Judge should have heard what they think of LE/FBI......

How many times is JB allowed to file the same motion? I've heard of never taking NO for an answer, but this is ridiculous.

Jose states that the public had generated "unsubstantiated rumors regarding (Casey's) physical condition."

Wouldn't asking for a waiver for her appearance indicate that if she DID appear now, it would BECOME substantiated? The article listed as "evidence" is a who/what/when/where/why variety reporting.

I guess he was upset no one noticed his new tie? I don't understand why he'd need this evidence. The judge has ordered her to be there for ALL hearings and he's made the statement in the first paragraph that the law says she has the right to waiver those appearances in a reasonable fashion, and in fact points out that Casey herself appeared to tell the judge that she wanted to waiver appearance.

Methinks the lawyer protests too much.

I think Jose is trying to make it look like every one is picking on poor Casey.
the LE, the prosecuters, and now the Judge. I think his case is going to be how the system chose to pick on her rather then go after the real killer.:boohoo:
Horsesh!t if you ask me

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

According to the motion, Baez said forcing Casey to appear "only fuels the circus like atmosphere which paints the defendant in a negative light."

Baez also claims that following court appearances the media is too focused on Casey’s appearance. Baez wrote that the appearance’s "have generated unsubstantiated rumors regarding the defendants physical condition." and "have generated unsubstantiated rumors regarding the defendants physical condition."

I think she is worried that people will laugh - she is upset that she is gaining weight eating all the candy and goodies from the Jail Commissary. And, we ALL know how fattening bologna and cole slaw is - grape koolaid, but, no strawberry kiwi right???

Plus going to court, sitting thru all the the hearings etc., she knows that she will have to hear all of the "boring" details when she could be much more comfortable napping, reading and eating. It just makes me crazy to think that she really thinks she is going to get away with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Baez hates the media attention being taken away from him !!!:boohoo:

IMHO, I think it's much simplier than all this. I have a family member who acted the same way. When they knew they were "bad" or did "wrong" they wanted to avoid the situation...act like it wasn't happening...so its not her parents or the judge she wants to avoid...its the whole thing. She just can't be bothered. In her narrisistic way, she feels "above" it all and wants her minions like JB to "do away with it". She resents the judge for pulling rank on her. What a fantasy world. If I could only be there when she goes to the Florida correctional Reception Center!!

Which makes me certain as well, that when she see's her farce coming to an end, and she has no control over anyone, she will (mark my words) throw every single person under the bus from JB to LA, and everyone in between.

I've given this a lot of thought, and trying to rationalize her actions is probably a huge waste of time, but I'm gonna try. I think she doesn't want to go to court because she has said numerous times in the jailhouse videos that she doesn't want to give the media what they want. She knows they want to see her, to talk about her, to dissect every thing she says and does. That is part of the reason, IMO, and the other part is because she is embarrassed to be seen in her condition. She can't do much to her hair, she has to wear ugly-butt plastic? man sandals, and she's gotten a bit heavier. She wants to pretend everything is going to work out for her, tells her parents how important it is for her to "remain strong", and doesn't want to face the cold hard truth that people aren't buying her stupid bs story.

I also believe JBozo has convinced her he will get her off so there's really no need for her to go waste her time hearing a bunch of drivel about poor little Caylee. (in her opinion)

It could also be that HUGE ego of hers and she doesn't want anybody telling her what she has to do.

This is what I think. KC is embarrassed to be seen in jail clothes and shackles.

The judge wants KC there because JB is not a very good lawyer, in fact it is imperative that KC sees this for herself. JB bumbles his way through time and time again in the court room, and is called out for it by both the judge and the prosecution. The last thing the judge wants is to have to try this case again due to ineffective counsel, requiring KC to be there lessens the chance of this happening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back