FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A search is under way for another missing little girl in northeast Florida.

Second-grader Somer Renee Thompson did not return from her Clay County school on Monday afternoon. She lives in the Grove Park neighborhood of Orange Park and was last seen a few blocks from her home at about 2:45 p.m., according to the Clay County Sheriff's Office.

In a news release, the Sheriff's Office said Somer's mother was walking through her neighborhood looking for Somer when she flagged down a passing deputy and reported the 7-year-old was missing. Somer had reportedly been walking home with her sister and friends but ran ahead of them heading toward home.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/...?Title=7-year-old-girl-missing-in-Clay-County

--------------------------------------

ORANGE PARK, FL -- Somer Thompson's mom, Diena Thompson, will appear on all three network morning shows this morning.

The parking lot at Orange Park's Town Hall is filled with trucks, as crews prepare for the interviews inside council chambers.

Thompson will appear on Good Morning America on ABC and The Today Show on NBC.

A reporter for NBC News and several network news producers are also in Orange Park this morning.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=146985&catid=3

Many thanks to everyone posting updates.

I'm so worried about this beautiful little girl. Angels protect her.

God bless and good luck to all searchers and LE! You're in my prayers.

Somer's Mom is on the Today show right now.......poor thing. She seems like she is about to lose it, and the pain in her face is hard to witness.
God Bless this family and give them strength. Praying for answers for them today...........

I can't even watch another mom right now. I am just going to keep praying for Somer's safe return, as well as all of the other missing babies. My youngest daughter is 6 1/2 yo. As I have said too many times, I would never let her or even my 12 yo and 14 yo walk anywhere without an adult. I know in some people's opinion that makes me paranoid, over-protective, or a "hover mother", but I don't care. When it comes to my babies, I will do anything and everything to keep them safe.

It is so sad we can't let our children out to play, walk home from school or go visit a friend without parents walking them.

O/T, I know this boy's name was brought up in this thread as missing, he was found and is safe. :woohoo:

Missing boy found safe in Aurora

DENVER - A boy who was missing from his home in Denver since Monday afternoon was found safe in Aurora early Wednesday. Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson says the boy appeared to be fine.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-missing-boy-found-102109,0,6100511.story

I've been following Somer's case from a distance but praying for her safe return. I just watched the presser...Mom was swing back and forth like a pendulum emotionally. One second on the verge of hysteria, the next second fully composed and answering questions. Anyone else notice that?

Somer's Mom is on the Today show right now.......poor thing. She seems like she is about to lose it, and the pain in her face is hard to witness.
God Bless this family and give them strength. Praying for answers for them today...........

I heard her last night on TV from the candle light vigil and tears come to my eyes. True emotions of a Mother with a lost child unlike a couple others here in Florida we have seen recently. I pray this child is found safe and for comfort to this Mother.

Mother just burst out crying cause she could rememeber if she told her she loved her before she left for school. OMG, I can't take this.

I wish we could get more consistent info about the timeline. Did SP really send the kids out for an entire hour to search for their sister?

My attention is now on him.

OMG... she just made me bust out crying

I watched her interview on the Today Show and she had me crying, just her raw emotion.

I can be like that, emotions swinging from crying hysterically to complete calm no tears and then right back to the hysterical crying. So I don't find that strange.

I pray they find this little girl safe, but my gut tells me it won't be a happy ending.

I wish we could get more consistent info about the timeline. Did SP really send the kids out for an entire hour to search for their sister?

My attention is now on him.

Me too, I want more info on when he sent the kids to look for her.

I hope we get some good news today... so depressing to see all of these innocent kids go missing

I've been following Somer's case from a distance but praying for her safe return. I just watched the presser...Mom was swing back and forth like a pendulum emotionally. One second on the verge of hysteria, the next second fully composed and answering questions. Anyone else notice that?

No, what I saw was a mother in true distress. There has been nothing to indicate the mother, her friends or other family had anything to do with this. Everything points to someone lying in wait for the perfect chance to grab a child. If not Somer, could have been any other child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa