LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
A- are you assuming she came to no harm?

B- Mickey is a very slight person. I could probably subdue her, especially with a blunt object

C- A couple of drunken asshats could pull that off.

I'm not choosing one. Occam's so 14th century. :innocent:
Both B&C assume that people wouldn't have seen this occur. So does A a little - but B&C would be out of the ordinary. A would not.

I thought we'd been working all along on the assumption that there was a camera at the funeral home, but LE said she was NOT seen on it.

This may be a very stupid idea....(so don't beat me up!!!).... as far as the truck, something under the truck, the light that may be the bike light, etc... Is it feasible for a few locals together (not ONE person alone) to go there to that location, after dark... try to get a pic (even using lousy resolution to try mimic the originals)? I know the same angle can't be duplicated, but maybe we could see if there is some reflection from writing on pavement, etc??? Maybe even take a pic of a truck there too... see if there's a bump in the pavement, etc?

I'd go... but I'm 1,000 miles away....

ok... tell me if this is ridiculous.....

- no beatings

- not ridiculous

Ok I just could not possibly do it so I skimmed like 800 pages. Looks like we have solved the case now?

No wayyyyyyy!

Is there a shot of anything from the funeral home Im not aware of? How do we know theres a working camera there? I didnt see one
It's not late ... if you're back in town maybe you can drive over there and take a quick look :D. Seems like someone mentioned the other day (God knows what thread) they went by there and noticed surveillance cameras. Of course even if there are, are they working/utilized?

Hello!! newbie here! been reading for a week or so, but had an idea on my way home from work today that I thought I'd throw out there. Sorry, but it includes me discussing the WT again!! I am a local and this is heart-breaking and scary as hell at the same time! While driving home from work ( airport area to broussard area) I noticed there are multiple used car lots that have white Z71s on their lots! So that got me thinking, if I did something and was afraid there might be some kind of minute evidence, why not trade in and get a new vehicle??? any thoughts? Plus, seems like a way to eliminate some of the hay from the stack by checking dmv records for trade in's in the area that match in the time period and talk to those people????:banghead:

:wagon:

Both B&C assume that people wouldn't have seen this occur. So does A a little - but B&C would be out of the ordinary. A would not.

But people hurt other people all the time without being seen.

It was the middle of the night, a lot of people were asleep.

Unless every citizen along her route was awake & watching, there was plenty of opportunity to accomplish a dastardly deed unobserved.

IMO, etc.

Oh, and I want to see the pic of the white truck with the bike in the back. Where is it?? One of the girls who rode with me to the unnamed area we searched today (where I waved at all you in case you were watching me)...anyhoo she showed me the pic on her phone but of course I'm driving on the bridge and didn't want to wreck us so I only got a quick glance. Then we were too busy searching to play on our phones. I expected to come home and get a better look at it here but don't see it at all! Of course I did skim...

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchorLPD scales back manned hours on Mickey Shunick tips line

12:53 PM by Tonya LaCoste
Starting tonight at 7:00, an answering machine will record all tips called into the Lafayette Police Dept. in the Mickey Shunick case, however detectives will continue to answer phones during normal business hours Monday through Friday

"Anyone think of a reason that an email account isn't set up in addition to the answering machine for tips?
Most missing person's cases are solved by tips from the public. This is their most valuable tool.
'The Monday through Friday decision is analogous to locking the tool shed over the weekend'..

Hello!! newbie here! been reading for a week or so, but had an idea on my way home from work today that I thought I'd throw out there. Sorry, but it includes me discussing the WT again!! I am a local and this is heart-breaking and scary as hell at the same time! While driving home from work ( airport area to broussard area) I noticed there are multiple used car lots that have white Z71s on their lots! So that got me thinking, if I did something and was afraid there might be some kind of minute evidence, why not trade in and get a new vehicle??? any thoughts? Plus, seems like a way to eliminate some of the hay from the stack by checking dmv records for trade in's in the area that match in the time period and talk to those people????:banghead:

Hi & welcome!

I checked Craigslist a couple of days ago. Plenty of WTs, but not one that specifically identified itself as the Z71. Some didn't have pics

I only checked listings after May 19th

But people hurt other people all the time without being seen.

It was the middle of the night, a lot of people were asleep.

Unless every citizen along her route was awake & watching, there was plenty of opportunity to accomplish a dastardly deed unobseeved.

IMO, etc.
That's true. Except according to what we know to be fact at this time (so making an assumption, yes, but based off of what LE is saying), she wasn't seen on the next camera not too far away (see attached). So if we are thinking (b) or (c) is likely, then knowing that there was foot traffic at Circle K, we'd have to assume that they didn't hear or see anything.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 47
Hi all!

There's been some really good theories put out there.

All can happen but we'll never know for sure. It's
frustrating and sad to think we can't walk our streets
or ride a bike without the fear that someone will harm us.

That said, I think it just may be just what it is. Mickey
was out riding at the perfect time for predators.

Someone spotted her, wanted her and took her!

I don't think we'll know the when, where or how.

The finding of the bike reminded me of Sierra L,s
and the recovery of her 'juicy' brand bag.

What ever happened to Mickey, the perp was good
at what he does and left a token called a 'bike'

Just sayin'

Oh, and I want to see the pic of the white truck with the bike in the back. Where is it?? One of the girls who rode with me to the unnamed area we searched today (where I waved at all you in case you were watching me)...anyhoo she showed me the pic on her phone but of course I'm driving on the bridge and didn't want to wreck us so I only got a quick glance. Then we were too busy searching to play on our phones. I expected to come home and get a better look at it here but don't see it at all! Of course I did skim...

Wut?

What truck with bike? I'm confused.

I don't think I've seen that and based on the shape my butt is right now (chair shaped), I've been here all day. I'd love if you could find it.

grammiof4
2. the survel. vid. of M on Vers. Blvd is at 1:47, at LCG on St. Landry 1:48. There is video of her in front of Martin-Castille Furneral Home some seconds later. Can give source but that is fact.
grammie, when you say in front of M-CFH, did she turn onto St. Mary or was she still traveling down St. Landry?

Much earlier in the day someone posted an inventory of the cameras at Martin/Castille and yesterday, I think it was, someone else here stated that they'd verified the were in working order. I personally have seen several mounted on the building at Martin/Castille.

Cool thanks. I was out for a while and thought I missed something. I'll speak to them tomorrow about looking at that footage to try and confirm whats on the video. Hopefully LPD didn't black-bag it all like they did with the 215 St. Landry cam footage.

Paris, where did you see that? In google earth?

Yes, if you search for 215 St. Landry and click street view, you will see it, and can use the arrows to get a better view. I found this a while back and actually called it into the tip line since LE can request the license plate from google. Such an odd coincidence, but considering that there are thousands of Z71's in Lafayette, and this picture was taken over three years ago, it is a huge shot in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53