Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #1 *J. Hunter guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing new to add just wanted to say that there still aren't a lot of kids out playing in the neighborhood. You can see J's front door from the road and there is a small shrine. The corner memorial is growing by the day, today I saw a lot of red and white balloons. A few days ago I was going down 43rd Ave. and was about run off the road by Phx and Glendale police all racing to a side street that runs behind J's apt complex,my heart sank. I slowed way down to look down the road and saw about 20 cars from the two depts. I am guessing it was a false alarm because nothing was ever said.

This is getting worse. Knowing she has an abusive mother. This poor baby. I hope she's with someone who is keeping her safe. I know that is probably not true but I just want her to be alive and well. Such a precious little angel.

Praying for you, Jahessye!

I wonder if it is possible that someone in her family actually took Jahessye to protect her from her mother. It seems strange that the eyewitness account says that it was a casual encounter. Could Jahessye be safe and sound in a loving home that is scared for her? I certainly hope so!!

I'm watching JVM now, and while they aren't talking about Jahessye, they are talking about Baby Lisa. Looks like a cadaver dog hit in the the Irwin home, I wonder if dogs were brought into Jahessye's home?

I was impressed with Lisa Vance. I'm sure she would have said more, but wants to keep the focus on Jahessye. It must have been really tough for her to relinquish her to Hunter's care after four years. In addition, Vance says she feels Jahessye was being abused in Hunter's home, she saw marks on her body.

Wishful thinking here ... What Vance revealed in that interview seems to indicate that some of the "family" thought Jahessye was being abused. Makes me suspect someone may have felt she needed to be removed from Hunter's care permanently?

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_west_valley/glendale/jhessye-shockley%27s-cousin-says-missing-child-was-abused#ixzz1bRTkyGyX

Discussion with Sgt. Frank Combs, Glendale PD
10 days, we have reason for concern... she didn't just walk away from the home.

JVM asks about mom.
Sgt. Combs: Investigators close to the case are aware of the mother's history although they cannot speak to the specifics of that history, their committment is to finding Jayhessye and finding her safe.

JVM: mom has history in 2005 of conviction of four counts of child abuse before Jayhessye was born and father is imprisoned SO. Family member, Lisa Vance, is saying that she believes Jayhessye was being abused. JVM asked if there is video of JH shopping, does she have a firm alibi.
Sgt. Combs: Talked to J's mother, she is working with LE and they are in contact with her on a daily basis.

JVM says that the kids were taken from the home and have been split up into three different foster homes, she's upset that the kids are being traumatized like this.

Joey J.: He understands but says that the children need to be protected and it can help CPS get information from the children to help them find Jayhessye. Hopefully, it is temporary.

Penzone: Children could be critical witnesses so their ability to communicate with each other would impeed their ability to speak independently about what they knew. Gives props to GPD's handling of Jahessye's case.

Penzone says that it is

Odds are Lisa Vance alerted authorities that she believed Jahessye was being abused by her mother. If it turns out that CPS did not investigate the report if it turns out that the children were being abused, even if JH had nothing to do with Jayhessye's disappearance, CPS is in hot water.

Like a few others here, I've been wondering if the woman that a witness saw putting a girl matching Jahessye's description into a car is a relative or family friend who was concerned for Jahessye's welfare. I wonder, too, where the other children were when Jahessye allegedly left the house. If they were in a bedroom studying, listening to music or watching TV, they may not have heard a knock at the door. If Jahessye did leave the house and was seen getting into a car, it seems she left willingly so probably knew the woman.

I so hope Jahessye is still with us! I can just picture her as a lovely ballerina.

Once again I have to give props to Glendale LE and Paul Penzone. I am a fan of The Phoenix New Times, but I still think they were out of line razzing Penzone for sucking up to NG. Aside from the fact that NG just has a challenging personality, he is in a position where he can bring stories like Jahessye's to her producers attention.

Like a few others here, I've been wondering if the woman that a witness saw putting a girl matching Jahessye's description into a car is a relative or family friend who was concerned for Jahessye's welfare. I wonder, too, where the other children were when Jahessye allegedly left the house. If they were in a bedroom studying, listening to music or watching TV, they may not have heard a knock at the door. If Jahessye did leave the house and was seen getting into a car, it seems she left willingly so probably knew the woman.

I so hope Jahessye is still with us! I can just picture her as a lovely ballerina.

That's always a possibility. Hopefully if that is the case, the person would see that CPS has removed the children from the home and is very involved at this point. Not to mention how much she is missed by family members like Lisa Vance and Grandma.

Sigh... doesn't sound good. Does this mother just think it's a coincidence that she and her partner were put in jail for child abuse and now her 5 year old has gone missing? What I mean is, does she think WE will think it is just a coincidence?
My only hope is that someone DID love and care for her enough to take her away and give her a good life, but it never seems to be the way these stories end up.. :sigh:

Discussion with Sgt. Frank Combs, Glendale PD
10 days, we have reason for concern... she didn't just walk away from the home.

JVM asks about mom.
Sgt. Combs: Investigators close to the case are aware of the mother's history although they cannot speak to the specifics of that history, their committment is to finding Jayhessye and finding her safe.

JVM: mom has history in 2005 of conviction of four counts of child abuse before Jayhessye was born and father is imprisoned SO. Family member, Lisa Vance, is saying that she believes Jayhessye was being abused. JVM asked if there is video of JH shopping, does she have a firm alibi.
Sgt. Combs: Talked to J's mother, she is working with LE and they are in contact with her on a daily basis.

JVM says that the kids were taken from the home and have been split up into three different foster homes, she's upset that the kids are being traumatized like this.

Joey J.: He understands but says that the children need to be protected and it can help CPS get information from the children to help them find Jayhessye. Hopefully, it is temporary.

Penzone: Children could be critical witnesses so their ability to communicate with each other would impeed their ability to speak independently about what they knew. Gives props to GPD's handling of Jahessye's case.

Penzone says that it is

I was able to catch JVM on the way home. Points I thought were interesting.

• Combs would not say Hunter has a firm alibi or that she was caught on any store video. What's the harm in saying, yes, she has a firm alibi if one exists? Tells me LE still has not totally cleared her. Why?

• The children have been separated initially, for the purpose of maintaining the integrity of their statements. I'm not sure if that's SOP, but it sounds a little ominous.
I have some questions about Lisa Vance. Was Jahassye the only child she cared for? Who had the other siblings? Was this a social services placement? I'm not intimating she is any way responsible, just find what she said today very interesting. Kudos to her for caring for J.

I have to go find the link, can't remember now where I read this. But someone said the woman in the black car is known in the neighborhood. She picks up children and transports them to church. A Good Samaritan in other words. Has anyone else seen this?

JVM should have asked Combs whether this statement from the eyewitness had been discounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa