Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    That's not far from BWR... Just another block further south. If memory serves me correctly BWR is almost adjacent from 21st Ave South
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post:

Here is a copy of the MB Police call:

"10-071831 7/21/2010 05:17PM S 22ND AV & S OCEAN BL ATTEMPTED KIDNAPPING NIP 20 YOA FEMALE WAS WALKING TO PREMISE FROM
    MINIMART ABOUT 45 MINUTES AGO AND 3 BM'S IN A LATE 1980'S EARLY 90'S RUSTY
    AND PALE BLUE MINIVAN CREPT UP BEHIND HER. 2 BM'S 1 WEARING WHITE SHIRT
    AND SHORTS, OTHER UNK DESC, GOT OUT AND GRABBED HER BY THE WAIST
    TRYING TO PULL HER IN THE VAN. SHE ELBOWED ONE IN THE FACE AND HE
    STARTED BLEEDING THEY GOT BACK IN VAN AND HEADED SB ON OCEAN BLVD.
    CALLER WAS BY HERSELF SAID ONLY A FEW OTHER PEOPLE AROUND AT TIME NO
    ONE HELPED HER, MEET COMPL IN LOBBY OF PREMISE"

I hope it is not against TOS to post this information from the MB Police calls. Please anyone tell me if it is and I'll delete. Of note is that this girl says "a few other people were around but no one helped her". Wonder if anyone saw it. I imagine it all would happen so fast no one would have time to react.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Ana´s Nin
    Wow. I'm shocked. I really hope this generates some answers.

I can't believe there were a few people around...and they didn't help!!! =( You're right, Strawberry...it could have all just happened so fast.

I'd like to know whether they tried to help her after they realized what was happening....I find it odd she would say that they didn't help...unless she felt like they could have helped but didn't.

LE could have also asked her if anyone else was around and whether they tried to intervene (since she got away, they may have assumed she had help as she was seriously outnumbered).

ETA: Thank GOD the victim got away...and that she got some good information. Hoping that her ordeal leads to some answers for Brittanee's family and friends....and well, everyone. Crossing my fingers.
    Last edited by Truthful Lies; 07-22-2010 at 05:38 PM.
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Truthful Lies For This Useful Post:

Not very far at all from BWR

Quote Originally Posted by MBLover View Post
    That's not far from BWR... Just another block further south. If memory serves me correctly BWR is almost adjacent from 21st Ave South
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...ed=0CBMQ8gEwAA

I did not know how to exactly ling this google map but hope this works.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:

Hey WillenFan21, you better be safe down there and stay joined at the hip with your family. This is serious scary. I know it happens everywhere, but sounds like if this is all true as reported by this 20-year-old female, these guys meant to get someone for sure.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:

i know they said she couldn't get the license plate number but i wonder if that means it was from SC...they didn't say she could or couldn't identify the state...

it's so hards nowadays with all the vanity plates which are no longer necessarily in the states' colors- i really feel this is a bad thing as it is now even harder for someone to identify license plates- i would really hate it if i was LE...this must really make things harder for them as sometimes a quick glance is all you can get and having to now identify a state and a number must lead to more confusion and misinformation...

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nosysw For This Useful Post:

The suspect;

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Fields View Post
    Hey WillenFan21, you better be safe down there and stay joined at the hip with your family. This is serious scary. I know it happens everywhere, but sounds like if this is all true as reported by this 20-year-old female, these guys meant to get someone for sure.
    yes WellenFan! please don't go anywhere by yourself or allow loved ones to either...do people there seem to be safety conscious these days?- haven't been in almost 2 years and it was pretty lax then and in the preceding years that I'd been there...don't let your guard down...

ETA: sorry for typo on your tag- WillenFan21...
    Last edited by nosysw; 07-22-2010 at 05:53 PM.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nosysw For This Useful Post:

I hope the composite matches the description of one of the suspects in Brittanee's case.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    I hope the composite matches the description of one of the suspects in Brittanee's case.
    wouldn't that be great? then they could bring him in and really put the pressure on!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nosysw For This Useful Post:

Yes it would be a huge break

Quote Originally Posted by nosysw View Post
    wouldn't that be great? then they could bring him in and really put the pressure on!
    If you look at that map on google and sort of "walk around" you can see how someone could get away pretty easy after they grabbed someone. There appears to be a rather large parking lot across from the area also. They could have sat there in that parking lot just waiting for their chance to grab some unsuspecting female who was alone. Could that "rusty pale blue van" be the vehicle that took Brittanee away? Oh please I hope they find that van and the three men...hummmm, 3 men, 3 POI...could it be?

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:

Freaky things happe everwhere - even back in 1968

Quote Originally Posted by nosysw View Post
    wow- judging from the sketch she gave a pretty good description of at least one of them...hopefully more descriptions to come and they can nail down the suspects...scary stuff going on at a place close to my heart where I'd always felt my kids were pretty safe...oh, well...i guess there's nowhere safe these days...
    I had posted this way back a few months ago on this thread but this still reminds me of back in 1968 me and my best friend were walking about 10 blocks on OB from "Harts Villa" (probably no longer there now) to the Gay Dolphin in the hot August sun. We were around 14-15 I think. Anway a guy pulled up to the curb and asked us if we knew where some particular street was. I noticed him squirming in his seat and told my friend to run, but she did not realize he was exposing himself. We ran all the way back to the motel but for the life of me I cannot recall if her dad reported to police or not. I know this is OT but just wanted to say even back in the 60's things happened. We walked that long walk so many times back then, and even went to the amusement park by ourselves. Of course it is way too scary nowaways to allow girls to do this. I have said even after all these years I feel I could identify that ugly car that guy was in, not the guy, but his car. LOL

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Fields View Post
    I had posted this way back a few months ago on this thread but this still reminds me of back in 1968 me and my best friend were walking about 10 blocks on OB from "Harts Villa" (probably no longer there now) to the Gay Dolphin in the hot August sun. We were around 14-15 I think. Anway a guy pulled up to the curb and asked us if we knew where some particular street was. I noticed him squirming in his seat and told my friend to run, but she did not realize he was exposing himself. We ran all the way back to the motel but for the life of me I cannot recall if her dad reported to police or not. I know this is OT but just wanted to say even back in the 60's things happened. We walked that long walk so many times back then, and even went to the amusement park by ourselves. Of course it is way too scary nowaways to allow girls to do this. I have said even after all these years I feel I could identify that ugly car that guy was in, not the guy, but his car. LOL

BBM

Sorry, but I gotta ask what that is.

Are you inquiring about the GD?

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    BBM

Sorry, but I gotta ask what that is.
    That is a gigantic multilevel souvenir shop that is actually still there. I sometimes think the "stuff there" is probably some of the same 'stuff" that was there in 1968. It is right on the boulevard in the area of the old Pavilion.

http://www.gaydolphin.com/
    Last edited by Strawberry Fields; 07-22-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: added link to Gay Dolphin

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:

Dont worry about me guys. I dont go anywehre alone because I get mistaken for 13-14 years old all the time and I am 25 going to be 26. I'm afraid a pedophile would take me or something. However my sister and her boyfriend just went somewhere not sure where but she is with him so he'd kick their ass if they tried anything. But yeah I have been paranoid the whole trip because i get mistaken for a kid. Earlier we were out by the pool and I wanted to walk back to the room to install something onto my new laptop and was on the phone with my friend at the time. I told her that if something happened to be while I was walking back there alone like if I screamed out or something to call my sister's cell phone since I had my moms. lol

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast